HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ballard, Robidas, Hamonic to Colorado

Old
01-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I would do Ballard for Gaunce, or another similar prospect/equivalent value pick.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
It's really not so much him as it is the coaching staff. If Robidas were played like the bottom pairing defenseman he is rather than 1st pairing with power play and pk time then he'd be a decent place holder. Instead Dallas puts him in a situation he's bound to fail, repeats it and wonders why they struggle to clear their own zone. Robidas and Goligoski as a pair get man-handled down low. If Goli was paired with a bigger guy who can move the puck like Ballard it would help both players' games.

Robidas in Vancouver where he's not over exposed would be a good veteran defender capable of handling the role he's given. Robidas in Dallas playing 20+ minutes a night alongside another smallish defender isn't being used in the best manner. If Gultazan can't use his players properly they need to be shipped out so he doesn't put them in situations they cannot handle.
So like Rome when he was here, or in a similar boat to Ballard, but perhaps he inverse. Ballard would be much better with more ice time, but he is currently 4th on our LD depth chart. I should mention though, Ballard is not a "bigger guy", he's 5'11 but only seems to hit like a dump truck for his size when he's on (a lot of hip checks), but is at least somewhat physical otherwise.

To be honest, if Robidas was sent here, we'd have him paired with either Edler or Garrison, so I don't think it's a big issue getting size or offense or defense from a partner.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:21 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
While I agree with you that the value is not fair, I also agree with the basic premise that the Islanders have no incentive to trade Hamonic for anything less than a massive overpayment. He is perfectly in line with what the team is trying to build, management is high on his upside, he is currently playing as our #1 Dman, defense is our weakest position from an organizational standpoint, and good young physical defenseman with offensive skill are a very rare commodity. I suspect management views him as a core player, and a key piece of the rebuild. Unless there is a contract issue, I highly doubt the Islanders trade him.

Quoting you is weird, I feel like I'm talking to myself
Woah, this is weird! And there is a poster on the Oilers board named Sephf.

Alright fair enough, I just named Hamonic because I was wondering if ROR's value is close to him or not. Same with Duchene, he would overpayment just because he means so much to us.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Out of curiosity, is Steve Downie available?

If he is, would you be willing to give him up for Tallinder or Volchenkov, or something around that?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:39 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Out of curiosity, is Steve Downie available?

If he is, would you be willing to give him up for Tallinder or Volchenkov, or something around that?
Just got hurt. Looks pretty serious too. so I doubt any team would want/ we would move him right now.

EDIT: torn ACL, Out for year.

Last edited by CoachBadkitten: 01-23-2013 at 04:52 PM.
CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

You guys need Carl Gunnarsson.

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
Just got hurt. Looks pretty serious too. so I doubt any team would want/ we would move him right now.

EDIT: torn ACL, Out for year.
Well, would you have trade Downie for Tallinder or Volchenkov?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:45 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
So you want Downie and our best D prospect? Yes, I'm sure you would be happy with that. You can keep your overpaid defensman. No one will give you a return even close to that.
Keith Ballard might not even fetch a return. His contract is that bad. I think teams will just wait till he's bought out in the summer considering its a shortened season.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Nolanitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Would islander fans do

ROR (signed on the condition of trade) for Hamonic?
Being the Isles are in the same type of situation as the Av's, there is no way the Isles are parting with a top 4 defenseman without getting one back. But Hamonic is part of the "core" and won't be move.

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Well, would you have trade Downie for Tallinder or Volchenkov?
Do you expect to get a first round pick if you trade any of them? Downie's value is still around what we got him for, a mid-late first. Unfortunately he's injured now and the point is moot.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote