HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 3, Blues 2

Old
01-23-2013, 06:23 PM
BobbyJet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I really don't get anyone hating on any of the players that have dressed at this point. The only change I'd make at this point is switching Kruger and Shaw, otherwise, I like the way the lines are playing.
Not only that, but it is obvious that the opps teams are not even close to where they will be in a month's time. It's going to be weird for a while... and difficult to gauge exactly where we stand as a team.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:27 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Not only that, but it is obvious that the opps teams are not even close to where they will be in a month's time. It's going to be weird for a while.
In fairness, that also applies to Chicago. They can get better. I think this hot start more-or-less proves that Chicago is one of the most talented teams in the league, beacause at this point, they're not running on structure or systems - they're running on talent. As long as the coaching holds up and Chicago plays like a team throughout the year, they'll be very good.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidusblackhawk View Post
HF50 is that you? I can't believe Kane is receiving more praise than criticism in one of your posts....
I cant believe you actually read his entire post while highlighting a few points as well!! bravo

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
In fairness, that also applies to Chicago. They can get better. I think this hot start more-or-less proves that Chicago is one of the most talented teams in the league, beacause at this point, they're not running on structure or systems - they're running on talent. As long as the coaching holds up and Chicago plays like a team throughout the year, they'll be very good.
exactly.

what is more impressive is when you watch them play your not seeing moments of unfamiliarity with each other out there. I really cant recall seeing a stretch of bad passes or "lost" in zone play as everyone seems to be really in tune with their linemates and defensive partners.

I think the passing has been crisp and accurate, and having the NHL package and getting to see tons of games so far, I without hesitation can say the Hawks are looking like the most cohesive team I have seen so far in the NHL period. I agree that talent has a ton to do with it, but if this team doesnt need a feel out process and has clicked from the beginning, this team is only going to get better as long as they stay healthy.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Actually I see Saad as being like Ladd. Excellent IQ, strong on the puck.

If Im not mistaken, Ladd was one of the strongest players at his draft years combine. Hawks lost a lot of strength in Ladd and Byfuglien who I think is one of the strongest players in the league.

Agreed its only Shaws 3rd game at center in the show. He obviously needs more time at c. If it were a development year, maybe but If it were me now, Id play him back at wing. Qs call.
I don't hate your Saad/Ladd comparison at all. I was simply trying to draw a parallel from that Cup team to who I had hoped that Shaw might develop into, although he is a bit of his own guy. Saad may be the better comparison on this team though.

Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Blue Liner

One and only downside to being in Mexico is not having been able to see any of the Hawks other than a period or so I caught at a bar. Looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy paradise while all of you (Chicagoans) freeze.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:22 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
One and only downside to being in Mexico is not having been able to see any of the Hawks other than a period or so I caught at a bar. Looking forward to seeing them with my own eyes. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy paradise while all of you (Chicagoans) freeze.
Don't drink the water in paradise.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Don't drink the water in paradise.
Ha this ain't my first rodeo in Mehico!

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:44 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
So true. In fact, it underscores the fact that our coaching (or lack thereof) could be the thing that screws this team up.

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
KyleJRM

Quote:
That's the exact comparison that kept coming to mind for me the last few games, but I can be kind of hockey dumb so I didn't want to bring it up and get laughed at

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:55 PM
clydesdale line

Quote:
Bingo. Made that exact comparison a while ago. Would love to see him play a Ladd type role in the playoffs.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:24 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

all 4 lines are more time in the opponents zone and ours. All 4 lines can score and have puck possesion. That's something Q wants and this is why he won't change the lines

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
It's snowing like a ******* right now. Enjoy the sun.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
Bingo. Made that exact comparison a while ago. Would love to see him play a Ladd type role in the playoffs.
in order for this to happen, Q needs to continue to give him the icetime to be that type of player. He cant drop Saad to the 4th line some nights when Carcillo comes back. Saad is most effective playing a top 6 role, and though he could do alright on the third line, the kid looks ready to be a contributer for us offensively on our top line, so I hope Q doesnt mess with that anytime soon.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
in order for this to happen, Q needs to continue to give him the icetime to be that type of player. He cant drop Saad to the 4th line some nights when Carcillo comes back. Saad is most effective playing a top 6 role, and though he could do alright on the third line, the kid looks ready to be a contributer for us offensively on our top line, so I hope Q doesnt mess with that anytime soon.
I agree with this. My biggest worry is when we lose a couple games, Q will panic and juggle the lines around and the chemistry and consistency will take a hit. Hopefully he doesn't panic when we lose a few.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote