HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 5.0 - The "Doughty Money Vs. Lowball Bridge" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
  #476
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If MacKenzie said is true then my guess is that MB is offering PK around 3M and PK is asking for around 6M. We are ******ed.
It does suck. Lets see what happens.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
  #477
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
If PK is asking around 6M we are *****ed
But if MB is offering around 3M, it's really low balling PK. Should try to give him 4.5-5M.

JustAHabFan is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:12 PM
  #478
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 21,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If MacKenzie said is true then my guess is that MB is offering PK around 3M and PK is asking for around 6M. We are ******ed.
6M really...

Subban should fire his agent, all these lame leaks on TSN are really obvious and just plain unprofessional.

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:12 PM
  #479
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
If PK is asking around 6M we are *****ed
If our GM thinks Subban is only worth $3 million a year we're ****ed...

YMCMBeaulieu is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
  #480
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
If PK is asking around 6M we are *****ed
It's not like he will never be worth 6M.. sure we will be overpaying him for the first couple of years, but for a player that means this much to our team, we can afford to.

Pronnman is boss.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
  #481
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,117
vCash: 500
Also, McKenzie was just guessing guys.

Marc Bergevin can't be that dumb to trade one of the fan favorites and an emerging defenseman unless he's getting something really good in return.

I think the teams, if they ever get to trading Subban, would be the Flyers or Detroit, those teams would pay a premium for Subban.

Pi is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:15 PM
  #482
MrNasty
Registered User
 
MrNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
If our GM thinks Subban is only worth $3 million a year we're ****ed...
Bergevin is not making this desision on his own. He has a large management team that have an incredible amount of experience. I trust they know what is best for the organization.

MrNasty is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:16 PM
  #483
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,643
vCash: 567
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
For the record still believe #Habs will sign Subban, just might take longer than anticipated. No way they get equal value in a trade. No way

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
  #484
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
It's not like he will never be worth 6M.. sure we will be overpaying him for the first couple of years, but for a player that means this much to our team, we can afford to.
My point is not about what PK is asking. You can always negotiate and settle for 5, 5.25 for 4-5 years. The problem is MB only offer him 3M. There is a big gap between the two sides. I do not know why MB thinks PK only worth 3M.

JustAHabFan is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
  #485
AcadiaAxeMan
Registered User
 
AcadiaAxeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Thanks .....

......I agree with this "HE is NOT bigger than the CH" and should accept 2 years at 3-3.5-3.75 period! HE is being selfish and NOT a TEAM PLAYER - HE knows his money is coming - the little boy just needs to wait ..... "to delay gratification = mature" PK is far from mature! Id' trade him tomorrow for DOUGIE HAMILTON - BRUINS straight up and he can show his swagga in Beantown with Malcolm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
I blame Subban. His selfishness and greed is not more important than the team.

The one thing that sticks out in my mind is an interview with Price last summerwhen he was asked about Subban's contract negotiations. It was clear to me he was not impressed by PK's position.

AcadiaAxeMan is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:18 PM
  #486
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Bergevin is not making this desision on his own. He has a large management team that have an incredible amount of experience. I trust they know what is best for the organization.
What the heck are you talking about, Habs brass would know better than people writing on Hockeysfuture???? U MAD BRO !!!

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
  #487
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
My point is not about what PK is asking. You can always negotiate and settle for 5, 5.25 for 4-5 years. The problem is MB only offer him 3M. There is a big gap between the two sides. I do not know why MB thinks PK only worth 3M.
You and me both!

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
  #488
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
What the heck are you talking about, Habs brass would know better than people writing on Hockeysfuture???? U MAD BRO !!!
It sure as hell hasn't been the case in the past with previous management.

habsfanatics is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
  #489
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Please give a call to Hal Gill, Gorges, Cole, Markov...
Sorry, I've got Hamrlik, Theodore, Ribeiro, the Kostitsyns, Latendresse, Price, Lapierre, Higgins, Komisarek, O'Byrne, Huet, Ryder, Grabovski, Souray and more all on hold, so your guys will have to wait.

Bill McNeal is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
  #490
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If Bergevin thinks Subban is only worth 3M for 2 years, then his idea of the best asset we can get for Subban likely isn't going to be anything to write home about.
This.

And I also don't see a problem with having faith that Subban gets better and puts up the offense eventually. His career to date has shown a steep progression curve, no reason to expect it to stop. We know the skills he has, I don't see how anybody looks at him and thinks he's done offensively, that's all you're going to get. I believe he'll grow, and I believe it strongly enough that I'd have no problems putting it in a contract.

Something that has a $6M-ish cap hit can be back-loaded to account for this *expected* progression. I'm sticking with my $50M/8yr offer, again. $5-5-6-6-7-7-7-7M. 5 years from now, nobody will blink at $7M for a #1 defenseman who plays great in his own zone, hits like a truck, scores 60 points, and sells more jerseys than any defenseman in Habs history. A $6.25M cap hit doesn't really hurt us too much in the meantime vs. his present value of $5M, and it becomes a minor bargain later on. All while keeping him below Carey Price's $6.5M cap hit.

Those are our two superstars, so far. Those aren't horrible cap hits for those guys on super-long-term deals. And if Galchenyuk is a 1st line player for us off his ELC, I'm more than happy to see him getting $6M too.

Obviously there are some insurance issues and risk factors associated with handing out a big contract worth $50M over a lot of years. But hey, welcome to the NHL. Teams with far weaker finances than ours are managing it and taking the risks. I don't see why the Habs would choose to be disadvantaged on that score, we the fans are paying the big bucks and making this team one of the biggest revenue teams in the league, put it to work.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
  #491
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
It sure as hell hasn't been the case in the past with previous management.
Well, new management.... And by the way, not a fan of Pierre Gauthier or Bob Gainey, but they all were involve in professionnal hockey for more than 25 years, and are still hired and paid to do that.... Who else can say that on this board???

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
  #492
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I just do not see how we are going win a trade. PK is exactly what our team needs. MB should really try to negotiate with PK.

listen I love PK like everybody here. But he's not worth 5M$ + right now...


We all know that Habs are not winning the cup this year or next...


our team needs is a new attitude.. (team first, One for All - All for One) Im done with primadona players... we have a good one in Gally. A first that is playing already.. we need more of that.



IF ..IF you are going to trade PK ask for the world ...and everything in it


Rscorpio is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
  #493
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
My point is not about what PK is asking. You can always negotiate and settle for 5, 5.25 for 4-5 years. The problem is MB only offer him 3M. There is a big gap between the two sides. I do not know why MB thinks PK only worth 3M.
PK did not show up to camp and is asking for 6 million. That's unreasonable as well.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
  #494
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,657
vCash: 500
Bobby Mac on the Quiz said he thinks Subban situation will eventually be heading in the direction of a trade.

Andy is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
  #495
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
This.

And I also don't see a problem with having faith that Subban gets better and puts up the offense eventually. His career to date has shown a steep progression curve, no reason to expect it to stop. We know the skills he has, I don't see how anybody looks at him and thinks he's done offensively, that's all you're going to get. I believe he'll grow, and I believe it strongly enough that I'd have no problems putting it in a contract.

Something that has a $6M-ish cap hit can be back-loaded to account for this *expected* progression. I'm sticking with my $50M/8yr offer, again. $5-5-6-6-7-7-7-7M. 5 years from now, nobody will blink at $7M for a #1 defenseman who plays great in his own zone, hits like a truck, scores 60 points, and sells more jerseys than any defenseman in Habs history. A $6.25M cap hit doesn't really hurt us too much in the meantime vs. his present value of $5M, and it becomes a minor bargain later on. All while keeping him below Carey Price's $6.5M cap hit.

Those are our two superstars, so far. Those aren't horrible cap hits for those guys on super-long-term deals. And if Galchenyuk is a 1st line player for us off his ELC, I'm more than happy to see him getting $6M too.

Obviously there are some insurance issues and risk factors associated with handing out a big contract worth $50M over a lot of years. But hey, welcome to the NHL. Teams with far weaker finances than ours are managing it and taking the risks. I don't see why the Habs would choose to be disadvantaged on that score, we the fans are paying the big bucks and making this team one of the biggest revenue teams in the league, put it to work.
Agreed blind, pk's value is no less than 5m at this point, you add 1 to buy the ufa years. It's really a no brainer.

habsfanatics is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:27 PM
  #496
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
This.

And I also don't see a problem with having faith that Subban gets better and puts up the offense eventually. His career to date has shown a steep progression curve, no reason to expect it to stop. We know the skills he has, I don't see how anybody looks at him and thinks he's done offensively, that's all you're going to get. I believe he'll grow, and I believe it strongly enough that I'd have no problems putting it in a contract.

Something that has a $6M-ish cap hit can be back-loaded to account for this *expected* progression. I'm sticking with my $50M/8yr offer, again. $5-5-6-6-7-7-7-7M. 5 years from now, nobody will blink at $7M for a #1 defenseman who plays great in his own zone, hits like a truck, scores 60 points, and sells more jerseys than any defenseman in Habs history. A $6.25M cap hit doesn't really hurt us too much in the meantime vs. his present value of $5M, and it becomes a minor bargain later on. All while keeping him below Carey Price's $6.5M cap hit.

Those are our two superstars, so far. Those aren't horrible cap hits for those guys on super-long-term deals. And if Galchenyuk is a 1st line player for us off his ELC, I'm more than happy to see him getting $6M too.

Obviously there are some insurance issues and risk factors associated with handing out a big contract worth $50M over a lot of years. But hey, welcome to the NHL. Teams with far weaker finances than ours are managing it and taking the risks. I don't see why the Habs would choose to be disadvantaged on that score, we the fans are paying the big bucks and making this team one of the biggest revenue teams in the league, put it to work.
This. I am so upset that we have no problem to trade for Gomez 7M+ contract (even at the cost Higgins + McDo) and have problem with offering 5-6M to PK who we drafted and developed. Our management really sucked.

JustAHabFan is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
  #497
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
This.

And I also don't see a problem with having faith that Subban gets better and puts up the offense eventually. His career to date has shown a steep progression curve, no reason to expect it to stop. We know the skills he has, I don't see how anybody looks at him and thinks he's done offensively, that's all you're going to get. I believe he'll grow, and I believe it strongly enough that I'd have no problems putting it in a contract.

Something that has a $6M-ish cap hit can be back-loaded to account for this *expected* progression. I'm sticking with my $50M/8yr offer, again. $5-5-6-6-7-7-7-7M. 5 years from now, nobody will blink at $7M for a #1 defenseman who plays great in his own zone, hits like a truck, scores 60 points, and sells more jerseys than any defenseman in Habs history. A $6.25M cap hit doesn't really hurt us too much in the meantime vs. his present value of $5M, and it becomes a minor bargain later on. All while keeping him below Carey Price's $6.5M cap hit.

Those are our two superstars, so far. Those aren't horrible cap hits for those guys on super-long-term deals. And if Galchenyuk is a 1st line player for us off his ELC, I'm more than happy to see him getting $6M too.

Obviously there are some insurance issues and risk factors associated with handing out a big contract worth $50M over a lot of years. But hey, welcome to the NHL. Teams with far weaker finances than ours are managing it and taking the risks. I don't see why the Habs would choose to be disadvantaged on that score, we the fans are paying the big bucks and making this team one of the biggest revenue teams in the league, put it to work.
Whatever happen, cap is going down 6 millions next year that is 9 % less that what could be provide now, so if PK ask for 5.5-6 before the lock out, he needs to get down to 5-5.5 as a starter price, with negociation i would not alloud him more than 4 million per on a 2 year term. If Bergevin really offers him 3 millions, they should not really be that far apart....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
  #498
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post

our team needs is a new attitude.. (team first, One for All - All for One) Im done with primadona players... we have a good one in Gally. A first that is playing already.. we need more of that.

IF ..IF you are going to trade PK ask for the world ...and everything in it

Screwed that. This is not the Three Musketeers. PK is our best defenseman and MB want to trade him?

JustAHabFan is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
  #499
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
What the heck are you talking about, Habs brass would know better than people writing on Hockeysfuture???? U MAD BRO !!!
Serve Savard forgot more about hockey than Bergevin probably ever knew, and was already well established as a successful GM when he traded Chelios for Denis Savard because Chelios wasn't being a good little boy.

Just because Bergevin is more qualified to be GM than I ever will be doesn't mean I can't be concerned that him and his team are undervaluing Subban or approaching this from an old fashioned perspective.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
  #500
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,643
vCash: 567
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
I'm told #Habs have not disputed in talks any comparables offered by @PKSubban1. Team is simply firm on short term

So basically they are willing to go to 4-5 M per on a 2 year deal?!

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.