HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 5.0 - The "Doughty Money Vs. Lowball Bridge" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
onebighockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If MacKenzie said is true then my guess is that MB is offering PK around 3M and PK is asking for around 6M. We are ******ed.
It does suck. Lets see what happens.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
If PK is asking around 6M we are *****ed
But if MB is offering around 3M, it's really low balling PK. Should try to give him 4.5-5M.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
If MacKenzie said is true then my guess is that MB is offering PK around 3M and PK is asking for around 6M. We are ******ed.
6M really...

Subban should fire his agent, all these lame leaks on TSN are really obvious and just plain unprofessional.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:12 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
If our GM thinks Subban is only worth $3 million a year we're ****ed...

Old
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
It's not like he will never be worth 6M.. sure we will be overpaying him for the first couple of years, but for a player that means this much to our team, we can afford to.

Pronnman is boss.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Pi

Also, McKenzie was just guessing guys.

Marc Bergevin can't be that dumb to trade one of the fan favorites and an emerging defenseman unless he's getting something really good in return.

I think the teams, if they ever get to trading Subban, would be the Flyers or Detroit, those teams would pay a premium for Subban.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:15 PM
MrNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
If our GM thinks Subban is only worth $3 million a year we're ****ed...
Bergevin is not making this desision on his own. He has a large management team that have an incredible amount of experience. I trust they know what is best for the organization.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu
For the record still believe #Habs will sign Subban, just might take longer than anticipated. No way they get equal value in a trade. No way

Old
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
It's not like he will never be worth 6M.. sure we will be overpaying him for the first couple of years, but for a player that means this much to our team, we can afford to.
My point is not about what PK is asking. You can always negotiate and settle for 5, 5.25 for 4-5 years. The problem is MB only offer him 3M. There is a big gap between the two sides. I do not know why MB thinks PK only worth 3M.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Thanks .....

......I agree with this "HE is NOT bigger than the CH" and should accept 2 years at 3-3.5-3.75 period! HE is being selfish and NOT a TEAM PLAYER - HE knows his money is coming - the little boy just needs to wait ..... "to delay gratification = mature" PK is far from mature! Id' trade him tomorrow for DOUGIE HAMILTON - BRUINS straight up and he can show his swagga in Beantown with Malcolm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
I blame Subban. His selfishness and greed is not more important than the team.

The one thing that sticks out in my mind is an interview with Price last summerwhen he was asked about Subban's contract negotiations. It was clear to me he was not impressed by PK's position.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:18 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Bergevin is not making this desision on his own. He has a large management team that have an incredible amount of experience. I trust they know what is best for the organization.
What the heck are you talking about, Habs brass would know better than people writing on Hockeysfuture???? U MAD BRO !!!

Old
01-23-2013, 08:21 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
My point is not about what PK is asking. You can always negotiate and settle for 5, 5.25 for 4-5 years. The problem is MB only offer him 3M. There is a big gap between the two sides. I do not know why MB thinks PK only worth 3M.
You and me both!

Old
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
What the heck are you talking about, Habs brass would know better than people writing on Hockeysfuture???? U MAD BRO !!!
It sure as hell hasn't been the case in the past with previous management.

Old
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Please give a call to Hal Gill, Gorges, Cole, Markov...
Sorry, I've got Hamrlik, Theodore, Ribeiro, the Kostitsyns, Latendresse, Price, Lapierre, Higgins, Komisarek, O'Byrne, Huet, Ryder, Grabovski, Souray and more all on hold, so your guys will have to wait.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If Bergevin thinks Subban is only worth 3M for 2 years, then his idea of the best asset we can get for Subban likely isn't going to be anything to write home about.
This.

And I also don't see a problem with having faith that Subban gets better and puts up the offense eventually. His career to date has shown a steep progression curve, no reason to expect it to stop. We know the skills he has, I don't see how anybody looks at him and thinks he's done offensively, that's all you're going to get. I believe he'll grow, and I believe it strongly enough that I'd have no problems putting it in a contract.

Something that has a $6M-ish cap hit can be back-loaded to account for this *expected* progression. I'm sticking with my $50M/8yr offer, again. $5-5-6-6-7-7-7-7M. 5 years from now, nobody will blink at $7M for a #1 defenseman who plays great in his own zone, hits like a truck, scores 60 points, and sells more jerseys than any defenseman in Habs history. A $6.25M cap hit doesn't really hurt us too much in the meantime vs. his present value of $5M, and it becomes a minor bargain later on. All while keeping him below Carey Price's $6.5M cap hit.

Those are our two superstars, so far. Those aren't horrible cap hits for those guys on super-long-term deals. And if Galchenyuk is a 1st line player for us off his ELC, I'm more than happy to see him getting $6M too.

Obviously there are some insurance issues and risk factors associated with handing out a big contract worth $50M over a lot of years. But hey, welcome to the NHL. Teams with far weaker finances than ours are managing it and taking the risks. I don't see why the Habs would choose to be disadvantaged on that score, we the fans are paying the big bucks and making this team one of the biggest revenue teams in the league, put it to work.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
It sure as hell hasn't been the case in the past with previous management.
Well, new management.... And by the way, not a fan of Pierre Gauthier or Bob Gainey, but they all were involve in professionnal hockey for more than 25 years, and are still hired and paid to do that.... Who else can say that on this board???

Old
01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
I just do not see how we are going win a trade. PK is exactly what our team needs. MB should really try to negotiate with PK.

listen I love PK like everybody here. But he's not worth 5M$ + right now...

We all know that Habs are not winning the cup this year or next...

our team needs is a new attitude.. (team first, One for All - All for One) Im done with primadona players... we have a good one in Gally. A first that is playing already.. we need more of that.

IF ..IF you are going to trade PK ask for the world ...and everything in it

Old
01-23-2013, 08:24 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
PK did not show up to camp and is asking for 6 million. That's unreasonable as well.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Andy

Bobby Mac on the Quiz said he thinks Subban situation will eventually be heading in the direction of a trade.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
This.

And I also don't see a problem with having faith that Subban gets better and puts up the offense eventually. His career to date has shown a steep progression curve, no reason to expect it to stop. We know the skills he has, I don't see how anybody looks at him and thinks he's done offensively, that's all you're going to get. I believe he'll grow, and I believe it strongly enough that I'd have no problems putting it in a contract.

Something that has a $6M-ish cap hit can be back-loaded to account for this *expected* progression. I'm sticking with my $50M/8yr offer, again. $5-5-6-6-7-7-7-7M. 5 years from now, nobody will blink at $7M for a #1 defenseman who plays great in his own zone, hits like a truck, scores 60 points, and sells more jerseys than any defenseman in Habs history. A $6.25M cap hit doesn't really hurt us too much in the meantime vs. his present value of $5M, and it becomes a minor bargain later on. All while keeping him below Carey Price's $6.5M cap hit.

Those are our two superstars, so far. Those aren't horrible cap hits for those guys on super-long-term deals. And if Galchenyuk is a 1st line player for us off his ELC, I'm more than happy to see him getting $6M too.

Obviously there are some insurance issues and risk factors associated with handing out a big contract worth $50M over a lot of years. But hey, welcome to the NHL. Teams with far weaker finances than ours are managing it and taking the risks. I don't see why the Habs would choose to be disadvantaged on that score, we the fans are paying the big bucks and making this team one of the biggest revenue teams in the league, put it to work.
Agreed blind, pk's value is no less than 5m at this point, you add 1 to buy the ufa years. It's really a no brainer.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:27 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
This.

This. I am so upset that we have no problem to trade for Gomez 7M+ contract (even at the cost Higgins + McDo) and have problem with offering 5-6M to PK who we drafted and developed. Our management really sucked.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
This.

Whatever happen, cap is going down 6 millions next year that is 9 % less that what could be provide now, so if PK ask for 5.5-6 before the lock out, he needs to get down to 5-5.5 as a starter price, with negociation i would not alloud him more than 4 million per on a 2 year term. If Bergevin really offers him 3 millions, they should not really be that far apart....

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post

our team needs is a new attitude.. (team first, One for All - All for One) Im done with primadona players... we have a good one in Gally. A first that is playing already.. we need more of that.

IF ..IF you are going to trade PK ask for the world ...and everything in it

Screwed that. This is not the Three Musketeers. PK is our best defenseman and MB want to trade him?

Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Serve Savard forgot more about hockey than Bergevin probably ever knew, and was already well established as a successful GM when he traded Chelios for Denis Savard because Chelios wasn't being a good little boy.

Just because Bergevin is more qualified to be GM than I ever will be doesn't mean I can't be concerned that him and his team are undervaluing Subban or approaching this from an old fashioned perspective.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
I'm told #Habs have not disputed in talks any comparables offered by @PKSubban1. Team is simply firm on short term

So basically they are willing to go to 4-5 M per on a 2 year deal?!

Closed Thread