HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 5.0 - The "Doughty Money Vs. Lowball Bridge" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 07:31 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Bobby Mac on the Quiz said he thinks Subban situation will eventually be heading in the direction of a trade.
why do I get the feeling that this isn't what Mackenzie said at all?

Old
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Now I'm starting to get worried.... I don't think Subban is worth $5.5M-$6M right now but I also don't think he's worth just $3M-$3.5M. If Bergevin truly believes that that's what Subban is worth, then we're in big trouble if he decides to trade him.

01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
This. I am so upset that we have no problem to trade for Gomez 7M+ contract (even at the cost Higgins + McDo) and have problem with offering 5-6M to PK who we drafted and developed. Our management really sucked.
you could do better? you don't manage one player, you manage a team.... and sadly for PK, he is not the team but a part of it....

If he would sign one year, lead the team in the playoff with and healty Markov and so on and win one round in the playoff he can ask for the moon.... As good as he his and as good as he may turn out to be, he's not in a position to do so right now i believe....

Old
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
BLONG7

PK needs to take 2 yrs at 4.5M per and prove he deserves a long term deal at 5.5 to 6.5 per.......just sign the deal...

MB needs to do a better job with his offer...

Old
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He said it. Several of us reported it 2-3 pages ago.

You just know that if we trade Subban we'll a: get absolutely destroyed in the trade and b: we'll spend probably 10 years searching for a replacement and c: Markov will probably suffer another injury before long.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:34 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
It is exactly what Bobby Mac said...

Old
01-23-2013, 07:35 PM
la25ecoupe

Subban's not alone.. : "The Avalanche also remain without forward Ryan O'Reilly, an unsigned restricted free agent."

Old
01-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Now I'm starting to get worried.... I don't think Subban is worth $5.5M-$6M right now but I also don't think he's worth just $3M-$3.5M. If Bergevin truly believes that that's what Subban is worth, then we're in big trouble if he decides to trade him.
This is the problem, we also don't know the true story. If Subban is refusing to take a penny under 6M, then yes, there's reason to be angry. But if Bergevin is giving the "Price and Pacioretty did it, so shut up and take 3M for 2 years" argument...

Meehan is a greedy ****, but being that great at getting his clients paid doesn't always mean playing hardball. Don't forget he's Emelin's agent too, and he had no problem letting Emelin get one of those bridge contracts. That's why I seriously doubt the PK hater POV.

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Serve Savard forgot more about hockey than Bergevin probably ever knew, and was already well established as a successful GM when he traded Chelios for Denis Savard because Chelios wasn't being a good little boy.

Just because Bergevin is more qualified to be GM than I ever will be doesn't mean I can't be concerned that him and his team are undervaluing Subban or approaching this from an old fashioned perspective.
Chelios had to be traded, Savard did not have much choice (is what i heard long time ago,)

Then again Habs won a Stanley cup with Savard in Montreal, how many Chelios won in Chicago? yeah, that's right....

Old
Andy

Quote:
"Ultimately, heading towards the direction of a trade...ultimately I think this ends up with a trade"

-Bob McKenzie

tsn.ca

watch it for yourself

Old
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Chelios had to be traded, Savard did not have much choice (is what i heard long time ago,)

Then again Habs won a Stanley cup with Savard in Montreal, how many Chelios won in Chicago? yeah, that's right....
Chelios won a cup in Montreal, how many cups did Savard win in Chicago?

Because Denis Savard is the reason we won the cup in 93.

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
you could do better? you don't manage one player, you manage a team.... and sadly for PK, he is not the team but a part of it....

If he would sign one year, lead the team in the playoff with and healty Markov and so on and win one round in the playoff he can ask for the moon.... As good as he his and as good as he may turn out to be, he's not in a position to do so right now i believe....
Do not think like MB and get fixated on principle. To be a good GM you should be flexible and handle each contract individually. Look at the player. See what he has done. Look at his development. Project what he can do a few years from now. Then determine whether the player deserved the contract or not. I am telling you now that the Habs will regret dearly if they decide to trade PK.

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
"Ultimately, heading towards the direction of a trade...ultimately I think this ends up with a trade"

-Bob McKenzie

tsn.ca

watch it for yourself
it's Bob's opinion, not a known and garanteed fact..... To All, in the word of our Lord Jesus Price: relax.... chill out.....

Old
01-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
It is exactly what Bobby Mac said...
It's the inevitable only alternative. You can't get zero value out of the asset by making him sit forever. And he's not going to show you anything that changes the evaluations while he sits. So of course, if things drag on with no contract, that's the only other place it can go.

Hopefully there is a way out before that happens, however. #fireBergevin

Old
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Chelios won a cup in Montreal, how many cups did Savard win in Chicago?

Because Denis Savard is the reason we won the cup in 93.
No doofus, i'm only saying that Serge had to trade Chelios, and we did win a cup after his departure.... Denis being there is just accessory....

Old

Quote:

-Bob McKenzie

tsn.ca

watch it for yourself
lol ok ok...my bad

It's just that this morning he was much more non-commital, not like what some reported here.

apologies...

Old
01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
hoockeyrocks

only trade i think i will remotely consider is Subban for Yakupov

but I think that PK is much more needed in Montreal!

the only reason i say Yakupov is because he and agally got along so well in Sarnia, that they could be a deady combo in montreal for years to come. but i want PK Subban to stay in Montreal

Old
01-23-2013, 07:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
it's Bob's opinion, not a known and garanteed fact..... To All, in the word of our Lord Jesus Price: relax.... chill out.....
He also said that they're $2.5M-$3M per year apart. THAT'S why most of us are worried.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Do not think like MB and get fixated on principle. To be a good GM you should be flexible and handle each contract individually. Look at the player. See what he has done. Look at his development. Project what he can do a few years from now. Then determine whether the player deserved the contract or not. I am telling you now that the Habs will regret dearly if they decide to trade PK.
i agree with you in principle, Bergevin made one big mistakes, putting emphasis on the 2 year bridge contract, now he as to stand up to that, his reputation in front of the montreal monster media, and the rest of the team is at stake, if he would have not spoken so much about the 2 years contract, he would have an easier time backpedalling on this... but it's not the case.....

Old
01-23-2013, 07:45 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
I just do not see how we are going win a trade. PK is exactly what our team needs. MB should really try to negotiate with PK.
It would take an epic failure not to receive at least fair value for Subban. I would think about 20-25 teams would make offers. Young #1 dmen on the cusp of becoming something special don't come around often.
Add on top of that, he is charismatic and will sell tons of merchandise and tickets. Teams will put together very attractive packages for him. I think he could easily net a former top 3 pick and maybe more.

Of course all these reasons are why I would prefer that he is signed long term at what he deserves.

6yrs/30M

Old
01-23-2013, 07:46 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
i agree with you in principle, Bergevin made one big mistakes, putting emphasis on the 2 year bridge contract, now he as to stand up to that, his reputation in front of the montreal monster media, and the rest of the team is at stake, if he would have not spoken so much about the 2 years contract, he would have an easier time backpedalling on this... but it's not the case.....
If that's the case, MB is not a good GM and should be fired right now.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He also said that they're $2.5M-$3M per year apart. THAT'S why most of us are worried.
of course, but no way would i give PK Subban, who's my favorite player on this team, 6 millions a year so if true, it's either PK is crazy (5.5 or 6 millions a year) or Bergevin is really low balling him (and with a 2.5-3 millions difference, i see more an offering of 2 millions, 2.5 top... If this can't get settle at 2 years at a maximum of 3-3.250.... we really are in trouble....

Old
01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
If that's the case, MB is not a good GM and should be fired right now.
Marc Bergevin is a first year GM, before judging if he's good or not, can we wait at least one full year of play.....

he made a mistakes, it needs to be manage, but it's not the end of the world.... but i'll say this, the way this story ends will determine more what Bergevin is all about....

Old
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Marc Bergevin is a first year GM, before judging if he's good or not, can we wait at least one full year of play.....

he made a mistakes, it needs to be manage, but it's not the end of the world.... but i'll say this, the way this story ends will determine more what Bergevin is all about....
No we don't. If he blows this, we know all we need to know.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Can't wait to go through this with Galchenyuk if he becomes what we hope in the summer of 2015 or 2016. Going to be AWESOME.

Or is MB going to bend his petty philosophy for someone he drafted?

Stubbs article: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...837/story.html

Closed Thread