HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville gets physical at entry draft

Old
06-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

vCash: 500
Nashville gets physical at entry draft

http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pressbox/news.html

Predators North American amateur scout Jeff Kealty
Quote:
"We've [previously] drafted some skill and some speed and some real tempo with the team we have now, I think these are guys that complement those guys well. When you look at the playoffs this year--how hard the games were and how physical it was--a team like Edmonton just got better and better and harder to play against the longer the series went because they were hard, they were tough and they were difficult to play against. We think that trying to supplement ourselves with those types of guys is going to be good for our depth down the road."
Predators European scout Janne Kekalainen said of Snellman.

Quote:
"His best asset is his physical play, He hits extremely hard and extremely well. He's got great, great passion for the game and determination. He's got good skills and good hockey sense too. He didn't produce a lot this year, but I don't see that as a problem in the future because he can play with good players. He can pass the puck and he can make decisions. He needs to improve his skating ability a bit, but I'm pretty sure that it will come in the future."

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2006, 03:23 PM
handtrick

vCash: 500
That is a good article.

I am glad to hear there is a good chance Snellman and Sjodin will go to the CHL next year.

I am glad that they picked up on our need to get some physical forwards......but HEEEELLLLLOOOO.....let's lend some of that effort to the pivot.

Hopefully Geoffrion will be able to excel at center ice.....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote