HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

2012-13 Prospect Updates

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 10:15 PM
  #726
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,601
vCash: 475
Just what his season needed:

Quote:
Josh Brown ‏@BrownRecord

Kitchener Rangers centre Radek Faksa (DAL) leaves game vs Barrie with lower body injury. Team should know tomorrow in Sudbury. #stars #OHL

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:34 AM
  #727
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
CHL - January 19th
 
vs.
Result
GAPtsPIM+/-
★★★
Season:
GP
G
A
PtsPIM+/-
Ritchie
4-5 L
0
1
1
7
E
  
35
28
24
52
32
+26
Stransky
2-3 L
0
0
0
0
E
  
45
22
28
50
49
+7
G. Smith
4-0 W
0
1
1
4
+1
  
44
18
24
42
40
+16
Faksa
3-6 L
0
1
1
0
-1
  
32
7
19
26
22
E
Vance
2-5 L
0
0
0
0
E
  
45
3
16
19
43
-7
Troock
4-3 W
1
0
1
0
+1
  
18
5
6
11
15
-4

 
vs.
ShSvGA
TOI
W/L
★★★
Season:
GP
GAA
SV%
TOI
SO
Lagacé
41
36
5
60:00
L
  
24
4.17
.868
1,238
1

piqued is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
  #728
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
NCAA - January 19th
 
vs.
Result
GAPtsPIM+/-
★★★
Season:
GP
G
A
PtsPIM
Winkler
5-1 W
0
0
0
0
E
  
26
12
11
23
29
Guptill
2-3 L
0
1
1
2
E
  
22
6
10
16
18
McKenzie
2-1 W
1
0
1
4
+1
  
22
7
8
15
47
Shore
2-3 L
0
0
0
0
+1
  
23
2
7
9
4
Sinitsyn
4-3 W
0
0
0
0
E
  
11
2
0
2
4

piqued is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:15 PM
  #729
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
CHL - January 20th
 
vs.
Result
GAPtsPIM+/-
★★★
Season:
GP
G
A
PtsPIM+/-
G. Smith
3-2 W
0
0
0
4
E
  
45
18
24
42
44
+16
Troock
6-5 W
0
0
0
4
-1
  
19
5
6
11
19
-5

piqued is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:37 PM
  #730
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
Haven't been able to find out much more about Faksa's injury. He didn't play today.

piqued is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:06 PM
  #731
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,891
vCash: 157
Seems like just about everyone stalled out for a game or two.

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:26 PM
  #732
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
Just a little update on John Klingberg since we haven't heard much about him this year-- he's moved up to Skelleftea's 2nd D pairing and is now playing about 15-16 minutes per game. He's got 7 points through 12 games in the SEL so far. He might be getting himself back on track here.

piqued is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 02:09 PM
  #733
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,601
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Just a little update on John Klingberg since we haven't heard much about him this year-- he's moved up to Skelleftea's 2nd D pairing and is now playing about 15-16 minutes per game. He's got 7 points through 12 games in the SEL so far. He might be getting himself back on track here.
IIRC ... 6 points came in two games (2 in 1 and 4 in the other). Glad to hear though he's earned the trust of his 3rd team in 3 years. I think he stays at least one more year in Sweden, and he could have a pretty big year next season.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 03:03 PM
  #734
FrailSwan
ExplodeForEkblad
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
An article made especially for LT.

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2013/1/...tant-member-of

FrailSwan is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
  #735
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
Yet he's scratched more often than he plays. I know it's a joke, but people shouldn't expect anything from a 7th rounder.

piqued is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 03:30 PM
  #736
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,891
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post


He's a freshman, still. Not gonna read too much into that.

LatvianTwist is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:53 AM
  #737
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
CHL - January 22nd
 
vs.
Result
GAPtsPIM+/-
★★★
Season:
GP
G
A
PtsPIM+/-
Stransky
4-1 W
1
0
1
4
+3
★★
 
46
23
28
51
53
+10


Troock DNP. Injured again, possible upper body.

piqued is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
  #738
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,601
vCash: 475
Injury Update:

Quote:
Josh Brown ‏@BrownRecord

Kitchener Rangers still waiting for results from MRI on Radek Faksa's (DAL) lower body injury. He remains out indefinitely. #stars #ohl
Early in the year there were several reports indicating several GM's are pushing for the NHL to allow 19 year old players in the AHL. The agreement between the NHL and CHL expired last year, and I think they only created a temporary agreement for this season IIRC. As part of the temporary compromise this season, 19 year old players who previously played in the NHL as an 18 year old (RNH with EDM for example) were permitted in the AHL.

MRI on the lower body sounds like a potential season ending injury so Faksa's stay in the OHL could be over if rules change over this summer. The reports indicated that the GM's were seeking a rule change allowing all 19 year old players drafted in the 1st round to be permitted in the AHL from what I remember.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 03:31 PM
  #739
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
CHL - January 22nd
 
vs.
Result
GAPtsPIM+/-
★★★
Season:
GP
G
A
PtsPIM+/-
Stransky
4-1 W
1
0
1
4
+3
★★
 
46
23
28
51
53
+10


Troock DNP. Injured again, possible upper body.
It is too bad Troock cant stay healthy. If he could I could envision him as a Brett Ritchielite type of guy.

txomisc is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 03:37 PM
  #740
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
That news about Faksa is making me very nervous. It sounds like a knee. You absolutely hate for any prospect to suffer that kind of injury early on in their career.

piqued is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
  #741
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Guernsey
Posts: 15,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Injury Update:



Early in the year there were several reports indicating several GM's are pushing for the NHL to allow 19 year old players in the AHL. The agreement between the NHL and CHL expired last year, and I think they only created a temporary agreement for this season IIRC. As part of the temporary compromise this season, 19 year old players who previously played in the NHL as an 18 year old (RNH with EDM for example) were permitted in the AHL.

MRI on the lower body sounds like a potential season ending injury so Faksa's stay in the OHL could be over if rules change over this summer. The reports indicated that the GM's were seeking a rule change allowing all 19 year old players drafted in the 1st round to be permitted in the AHL from what I remember.
I honestly can't see it happening, the CHL expected a status quo to be negotiated once the lockout was over, and it doesn't sound like the NHL wants to move away from that.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 06:40 PM
  #742
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 14,604
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
I honestly can't see it happening, the CHL expected a status quo to be negotiated once the lockout was over, and it doesn't sound like the NHL wants to move away from that.
I hope it does change. The current setup better serves the CHL than the NHL.

glovesave_35 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:28 PM
  #743
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 11,676
vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
That news about Faksa is making me very nervous. It sounds like a knee. You absolutely hate for any prospect to suffer that kind of injury early on in their career.
Yep. This year hasn't been too great for Faska's development.

MetalGodAOD is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:42 PM
  #744
FrailSwan
ExplodeForEkblad
 
FrailSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Yep. This year hasn't been too great for Faska's development.
That's putting it lightly.

FrailSwan is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:52 PM
  #745
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Guernsey
Posts: 15,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I hope it does change. The current setup better serves the CHL than the NHL.
There are very few players who should be in the AHL after their draft year, and if you allow any player from the first round to go up you'll see a lot more ruined players.

Maybe the top 5 should be allowed to go to the AHL, but not the first round.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
  #746
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,601
vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
There are very few players who should be in the AHL after their draft year, and if you allow any player from the first round to go up you'll see a lot more ruined players.

Maybe the top 5 should be allowed to go to the AHL, but not the first round.
I get the feeling you and I aren't on the same page.

I realized when I said 19 year old season ... the way the CHL would refer to that would typically be the first year after the draft. For example, the player is drafted in June, and September typically starts the 19 year old season.

I meant more along the lines of the AHL. You have to be 20 years old by December 30th (or some date in December) to play in the AHL right now. By 19 year old season, I meant they'd play another year in the CHL (the third CHL season for most draft picks), and then they'd go to the AHL one year early.

Were we talking about the same thing?

EDIT: The way it is now, most CHLers play two years post draft before going to AHL unless they have a late birth date between September and December.

BigG44 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
  #747
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Guernsey
Posts: 15,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I get the feeling you and I aren't on the same page.

I realized when I said 19 year old season ... the way the CHL would refer to that would typically be the first year after the draft. For example, the player is drafted in June, and September typically starts the 19 year old season.

I meant more along the lines of the AHL. You have to be 20 years old by December 30th (or some date in December) to play in the AHL right now. By 19 year old season, I meant they'd play another year in the CHL (the third CHL season for most draft picks), and then they'd go to the AHL one year early.

Were we talking about the same thing?

EDIT: The way it is now, most CHLers play two years post draft before going to AHL unless they have a late birth date between September and December.
More of just replying to the general idea of changing the CHL-NHL agreement. But I did misread your post.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:05 AM
  #748
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
CHL - January 23rd
 
vs.
Result
GAPtsPIM+/-
★★★
Season:
GP
G
A
PtsPIM+/-
Stransky
2-4 L
0
0
0
2
E
  
47
23
28
51
55
+10
G. Smith
3-0 W
1
0
1
2
+1
  
46
19
24
43
46
+17
Winther
3-2 W
1
0
1
0
+1
  
43
17
23
40
47
+22
Vance
1-6 L
0
0
0
2
-1
  
46
3
16
19
45
-8

piqued is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
  #749
CharlieGirl
Registered User
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
That news about Faksa is making me very nervous. It sounds like a knee. You absolutely hate for any prospect to suffer that kind of injury early on in their career.
Kitchener Rangers ‏@OHLRangers

Quote:
Injury update from Coach Spott: C Radek Faksa's MRI results show MCL injury. Timeline for return is 4-6 weeks.

CharlieGirl is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
  #750
piqued
Global Moderator
victory green?
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 30,617
vCash: 27750
Sounds like a sprain rather than a tear, so that's good news, comparatively speaking.

piqued is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.