HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Seeing colors in music

Old
01-16-2013, 08:47 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
This song makes me see white
Your post reminds me of how much I hate videoclips.Can't stand them.Music wasn't meant to be delivered with forced images inside the mind of the listeners.They ruin all that colorful beauty music can bring to my mind.I'm sure everybody who has synesthesia agrees with me.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:49 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
Your post reminds me of how much I hate videoclips.I might be the biggest videoclips hater in the entire world.Can't stand them.It's like they ruin that aspect of the song that I experience completely.Music wasn't meant to be delivered with forced images inside the minds of the listeners (imo).
Completely agree. I am a borderline psycho in my hate for videoclips. If I ever saw someone filming a videoclip for no reason I would ****ing lose it. In grade 11, on the last day, the grade 12's decided they would do a graduation film. They got cameras, set them up, and started filming a music video in the hall during class change (you know how busy hallways get). I was in class when my friend sent me a text about this. I stormed out of class, grabbed a couple of buddies who were on their spare period, and started a huge fight in the hallway.
I would have stabbed the guy, but that is why I don't carry knives on me.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:56 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Completely agree. I am a borderline psycho in my hate for videoclips. If I ever saw someone filming a videoclip for no reason I would ****ing lose it. In grade 11, on the last day, the grade 12's decided they would do a graduation film. They got cameras, set them up, and started filming a music video in the hall during class change (you know how busy hallways get). I was in class when my friend sent me a text about this. I stormed out of class, grabbed a couple of buddies who were on their spare period, and started a huge fight in the hallway.
I would have stabbed the guy, but that is why I don't carry knives on me.
You are a funny guy , when I think of you I think of the color brown , not because of the synesthesia phenomenon but because you remind me of a piece of crap.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:00 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
You are a funny guy , when I think of you I think of the color brown , not because of the synesthesia phenomenon but because you remind me of a piece of crap.
Nice edit.

Also, u vmad.

Last edited by JustGivingEr: 01-16-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 09:02 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Nice edit.

Also, u mvad.
The v isn't even close to the letters m , a or d.How drunk are you?

Old
01-16-2013, 09:05 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Meant to say vmad

Old
01-16-2013, 09:27 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Meant to say vmad
You are forgiven.

I'm sure you are very hungry to hear how I'm capable of doing complicated arithmetic operations in my head (though not on a savant-level) by seeing them as some kind of ''motions'' in my head.

I can definitely do something like 67 X 1568 in my head , but I'm incapable of doing 6746 X 9455(unless I really concentrate for a while).Divisions are less precise but I can find an approximative answer.They are like waterfalls from space.Multiplications are more like an explosion.There's also some days where I simply can't do it for some unknown reasons (but these are the minority).

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 01-16-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old
01-16-2013, 09:41 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

vCash: 500
I know a guy who knows a guy with this. Supposedly raves are absolutely mind-blowing for him, seeing all of these lights on top of the light shows they have set up already.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:39 PM
nutbar

nutbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 02:57 AM
VaporTrail
Used Tank Salesman

Well when I used to attend Grateful Dead concerts I would see all kinds of colors, and hear all kinds of things, lol.....I was at this Madison Square Garden show in 1990....Remember licking a puddle of something out of the palm of my hand at one of these shows, lol.....I actually remember this tune....I was in one of the little entrance hallways to the seats.....Once they started this pretty much everyone in the joint was dancing in unison.....This was the last show of a run of 6 shows in 7 nights at the Garden so the crowd was pretty pumped up.....After this show the Dead took off to Europe, and didn't return until December...Good Times.....

The Dead usually had two drummers who at one point during almost all shows had their "own set" where they played their drums, and all kinds of other weird percussion instruments

Here's that same MSG show, and directly after they played the song above they went right into this jam with the two drummers...watch some of the colors pop off these drums, lol....

more space - 1987:

1984 space:

1974 space: (this vid is pretty psychedelic visually - these are the kinds of things you would see at a Dead show)

Last edited by VaporTrail: 01-23-2013 at 03:30 AM.
VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:34 AM
VaporTrail
Used Tank Salesman

alright this stuff is keeping me awake...I need to go to sleep ! lol

VaporTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:06 PM
ArcataShark
Anyone say comeback?

A guy told me once that he would associate colors with guitar chords to help his ear. I'm trying it and it works for me somewhat. G is kinda yellowish and F is red and so on... PCP helps too.

ArcataShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Elever
Hth

I remember a kid in my physics class mentioned this. It was funnier because he was the stoner lol.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote