HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
I don't think he's a liability, but I think his effectiveness is somewhat limited.

Need to give it more time than 3 games though, one way or the other.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:55 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
One thing we should be looking at is how Phoenix and the NYR come out of the gate. If they struggle (combined 0-3-0 so far) maybe they're more willing to deal a surplus quality defenseman to get something needed back on offense.
NYR's woes so far are more on the defensive side, so I wouldn't consider that too likely.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:36 PM
BlueDream

Ok, if you are only winning 30% of your faceoffs, then no you aren't doing your job effectively. Other than that Steen has been OK but that could become a problem. And I agree it is mainly McDonald and Tarasenko making that line effective.

I'm in the camp that agrees that we need a center.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
NYR's woes so far are more on the defensive side, so I wouldn't consider that too likely.
Haven't seen either Ranger game. What's the main issue? Rust? Any injuries?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Alklha

Steen has been a good bit better than okay so far this season. As I said, the line has been on the ice for 8 goals, 4 of which were even strength and only 1 against. His job is to be the defensively responsible forward, chip in offensively but letting Tarasenko and McDonald do what they do best. He has done that very well. His overall even-strength game might not be immediately obvious though, and on the PP he is used on the point so isn't going to be as involved as Tarasenko or McDonald.

Faceoffs are important, but he will creep up to 40%-45%. He might not be as flashy as McDonald or Tarasenko, but there is a complete disservice to Steen to say that the success it has had so far is solely on McDonald and Tarasenko.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:17 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Haven't seen either Ranger game. What's the main issue? Rust? Any injuries?
They just look like a bunch of guys, not a team. I have no doubt Torts is going to get them into gear within a couple weeks. I still think they're going to be the one of the top 3 contenders in the East, maybe the top.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:38 PM
OCTA8ON

Obviously, David Perron is a good player. Not a great player, but a respectable one with lots of skill, but anybody else here feel that he might not be Blues material? I don't know if it's just me, but every time I see him skate in to make a hit, its as soft as a temperpedic mattress. I always see him hit with his back and not his shoulder. It seems like he is isn't willing to get his elbows dirty and is more concerned with other aspects of the game. Maybe his selfish penalties lately is making this opinion of mine prominent.

I wouldn't mind getting someone else who is more willing to get their elbows a little dirty in exchange for Perron. The Blues play bang bang hockey. Someone like Lucic would be okay with me, and someone else mentioned Pavelski which is pretty interesting.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:50 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
Perron tries to hit, especially in the Detroit game, he just isnt very strong, thats my take anyway

Old
01-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTA8ON View Post
Obviously, David Perron is a good player. Not a great player, but a respectable one with lots of skill, but anybody else here feel that he might not be Blues material? I don't know if it's just me, but every time I see him skate in to make a hit, its as soft as a temperpedic mattress. I always see him hit with his back and not his shoulder. It seems like he is isn't willing to get his elbows dirty and is more concerned with other aspects of the game. Maybe his selfish penalties lately is making this opinion of mine prominent.

I wouldn't mind getting someone else who is more willing to get their elbows a little dirty in exchange for Perron. The Blues play bang bang hockey. Someone like Lucic would be okay with me, and someone else mentioned Pavelski which is pretty interesting.
I like Perron, and think he basically fits really well with us. He works hard, isn't overly physical or defensively gifted, but doesn't shy away. It is early, he is struggling like a number of our guys at getting back up to speed and he has taken some stupid penalties from that. Got an assist last night and hopefully that will help his confidence.

I wouldn't have a problem if he is traded in the right deal, but I wouldn't really be interested in a winger swap.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
If you're looking for physical play and hits from Perron, and finding yourself disappointed....that seems pretty predictable. Hitting is not his strength. That said, he isn't afraid to go into the corners and wins more than his share of puck battles with his skillful stickwork.

He's not sharp in the early season, but he's still a great piece of the Blues for this season. No need to entertain moving him, but he isn't untouchable if the right deal is there (for a Pietro partner or a high level center).

Old
01-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Yeah I would only trade him for the right piece, but I think the right piece is out there for David Perron.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:38 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Armstrong just signed Perron to a great 4 year deal that pays him less than 4 million per season. The team has absolutely no intention of trading him. He's not playing well early on, but he will find his game. We have all seen what he can do when he's playing well. He's one of our most important offensive players. I would not trade him, unless it's for a ridiculous overpayment. If Andy Mac retires reasonably soon, and Perron is moved, Tarasenko will be our only source of offense. He's played great so far, but I don't feel comfortable relying on him entirely to produce points.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
CarvinSigX

Who here would do Stewart for Eller and a pick/prospect?

Old
01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Not me.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Frankly, I'm a bit amazed by the amount of early season trade chatter.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Frankly, I'm a bit amazed by the amount of early season trade chatter.
I'm just looking for ways to improve. If there's a way they can save some money and build that depth up the middle, I'd be very happy. I want Steen at his best while he's still here.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'm just looking for ways to improve. If there's a way they can save some money and build that depth up the middle, I'd be very happy. I want Steen at his best while he's still here.
I think Steen is a better center than Eller right now. I honestly don't think it's all that close. Stewart's a better player right now than Eller as well. I don't even see the theoretical incentive for this deal.

We don't even know what the biggest need on the team is yet until we've had a chance to see the team play like a team with everyone up to speed for a decent chunk of games.

Stewart has the potential to fill an important role on this team and is off to a good start. If the Blues move him, they better be sure that the trade is significantly upgrading an area of need.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Alklha

I'll admit to not having seen a lot of Lars Eller with the Canadiens, but he strikes me as one of the most overrated players on HF. Canadiens fans talking about Eller for Stewart+2nd? He is almost 24 and has shown next to nothing offensively, but does play a decent defensive role. His upside seems like a decent second line C at this point.

Stewart is only 18 months older, and even if he remains as streaky as he is now, has more value. I mean, Berglund is a year older and Blues fans complain about his offensive output and he has at least shown flashes... they would go nuts with Eller!

Old
01-23-2013, 11:41 PM
BlueBeard

If we had an injury or two and could snag Eller back on the cheap I would be all for it. He can play C or LW, would be the best skater on the team, good on the backcheck, has the stones to go to the front of the net. His play style is perfectly suited for our team. He wouldn't be my first choice to go after but he would work out here better than some might expect.

Now Habs fans are bat crap crazy if they think they can get Stewart +2nd for him. Mother of god do I remember the pissing and moaning from that fan base about how he only scored ~60 points in the AHL without them even realizing what a piss poor team Peoria was that year. Eller, Junland and Pelletier were pretty much the entire Riv's offense that year.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:20 AM
underslept

Quote:
I would pass.

Eller is going to be a good player in the future and I highly recommend we go after him when Andy McDonald retires.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:23 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

There's a lot to like about Eller's potential moving forward, but he is far from a finished product as a player right now, and the mini-plateau his development has hit has to be at least a little concerning.

There's not the slightest doubt in my mind that Steen's a better player, and a better center, than Eller right now.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:23 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
No way.....

Old
01-24-2013, 02:54 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
No way.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:19 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Not unless that pick/prospect was something really significant or if we had a hold-out situation in the summer. I think the chances of both are pretty low. So, to join the crowd...

No way.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:22 AM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

Quote:
Nope, it doesn't make us better as a team right now.

Closed Thread