HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Engelland vs Orr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 06:31 PM
  #26
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,196
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
I'd prob give a slight edge to Orr, but Orr also showed what a POS he is. The fight looked over, with Engelland letting up, and twice Orr suckered him.
Fair or not Orr probably had some extra motivation with his previous fight with England almost ending his career.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
  #27
Odinson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Orr may have won.

But England shall go on to the end. he shall fight in France, he shall fight on the seas and oceans, he shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, he shall defend hisisland, whatever the cost may be. he shall fight on the beaches, he shall fight on the landing grounds, he shall fight in the fields and in the streets, he shall fight in the hills; he shall never surrender

Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM
  #28
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
I'd prob give a slight edge to Orr, but Orr also showed what a POS he is. The fight looked over, with Engelland letting up, and twice Orr suckered him.
Orr was letting up to, and the refs were not jumping in so he kept throwing. Great Great fight for both guys, id give slight edge to orr just because he landed more at the start, Also englands eye was pretty bad, but either way both great fighters and id say this is one of those fights where u give an edge, noone really lost.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:35 PM
  #29
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Fair or not Orr probably had some extra motivation with his previous fight with England almost ending his career.
Actually this is the 3rd time they've fought. Orr was ko'd in their 1st. Something tells me after those cheap shots, they'll be a 4th. Not that I don't like and respect Orr. Just think that was bush-league.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
  #30
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation
 
Rusty Shackleford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Actually this is the 3rd time they've fought. Orr was ko'd in their 1st. Something tells me after those cheap shots, they'll be a 4th.
Cheapshot? Orr didn't want to stop fighting, linesmen weren't coming in..

New to hockey?

Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
  #31
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,334
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Actually this is the 3rd time they've fought. Orr was ko'd in their 1st. Something tells me after those cheap shots, they'll be a 4th. Not that I don't like and respect Orr. Just think that was bush-league.
If the refs and linesman don't step in and I'm locked with Engelland, you NEVER stop throwing. He's a dangerous man and you don't stop because he's gassed.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
  #32
Bob Loblawbrovsky
The Boston Racists
 
Bob Loblawbrovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,658
vCash: 500

Bob Loblawbrovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
  #33
No One In Particular*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Orr may have won.

But England shall go on to the end. he shall fight in France, he shall fight on the seas and oceans, he shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, he shall defend hisisland, whatever the cost may be. he shall fight on the beaches, he shall fight on the landing grounds, he shall fight in the fields and in the streets, he shall fight in the hills; he shall never surrender
I ****in LOLd. Well played.

No One In Particular* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:40 PM
  #34
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Cheapshot? Orr didn't want to stop fighting, linesmen weren't coming in..

New to hockey?
Amen, those were not cheap shots. Cheap shots are shots when player is down, sweater over the face, taking advantage when other tough guy is at end of his shift etc etc.

What orr and england displayed was just a great super fight

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:40 PM
  #35
Xavier Laflamme
Registered User
 
Xavier Laflamme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,650
vCash: 500
There should be no animosity towards Engelland from Orr. He crushed him with a hard right hand that KO'd him. Orr knows the consequences when entering a fight. It's not like Engellans suckered him.

Xavier Laflamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
  #36
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,226
vCash: 50
Two studs for sure, great tilt.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
  #37
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,109
vCash: 500
Both feeds:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkGq6qw_cw

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
  #38
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Great fight.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:56 PM
  #39
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
The fight was a DRAW.


Colton Orr landed more punches, but Deryk Engelland punches were better quality. Engelland landed some huge haymakers.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  #40
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,196
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinX View Post
There should be no animosity towards Engelland from Orr. He crushed him with a hard right hand that KO'd him. Orr knows the consequences when entering a fight. It's not like Engellans suckered him.
Its not so much that Orr has or should have any animosity but he probably feels he has something to prove around the league and I would think there would be some extra motivation to do it while fighting the guy who started his concussion issues.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  #41
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Cheapshot? Orr didn't want to stop fighting, linesmen weren't coming in..

New to hockey?
No, you're right. After watching the replay it really wasn't. I still think that sneaky left Orr got in at the end may be questionable, but whatever.

I wasn't sure Glass vs Asham would be topped for a while. Wow.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
  #42
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
I'd prob give a slight edge to Orr, but Orr also showed what a POS he is. The fight looked over, with Engelland letting up, and twice Orr suckered him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
Actually this is the 3rd time they've fought. Orr was ko'd in their 1st. Something tells me after those cheap shots, they'll be a 4th. Not that I don't like and respect Orr. Just think that was bush-league.
Colour me confused


Great fight, I was worried for Orr for a bit, but he pulled through with a slight win in the end, but really I feel like we are all winners after witnessing that tilt, haha.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:01 PM
  #43
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
I wish Steve MacIntyre was playing.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
  #44
Terrapin
Registered User
 
Terrapin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Colour me confused


Great fight, I was worried for Orr for a bit, but he pulled through with a slight win in the end, but really I feel like we are all winners after witnessing that tilt, haha.
POS or not, how can you not like or respect him after he dropped Scott the other night!

Always hate to see someone get hurt in a fight, especially a good one. Sucked when Orr got ko'd. Hope Engo's eye is ok.

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
  #45
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
POS or not, how can you not like or respect him after he dropped Scott the other night!

Always hate to see someone get hurt in a fight, especially a good one. Sucked when Orr got ko'd. Hope Engo's eye is ok.
Very true, taking Scott down is no small () feat.

Meh, sucks Orr got ko'd but thats what happens in fights, glad he is back.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
  #46
sarahjane14
Registered User
 
sarahjane14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Good scrap either way you look at it. Slight edge to Orr but Engell should be proud.

sarahjane14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:00 PM
  #47
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,112
vCash: 500
Amazing fight. That switch to the left from Orr was a beauty.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
  #48
fahad203
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,830
vCash: 500
its an old school fight. Loved it. Two warriors going at it.

Not like Konopka fights where he's holding on to you for dear life.

fahad203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
  #49
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
The fight was a DRAW.


Colton Orr landed more punches, but Deryk Engelland punches were better quality. Engelland landed some huge haymakers.
Did you see Engelland's face? That being said, I would say this fight was a draw (a beauty of a draw), with maybe the slightest edge to Orr.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:01 PM
  #50
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Did you see Engelland's face? That being said, I would say this fight was a draw (a beauty of a draw), with maybe the slightest edge to Orr.
His eye was swollen. Big whoop.

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.