HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lupul re-signs with Toronto 5 years (5.25 average)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
  #351
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe88 View Post
Thanks friend, glad I could help. Makes more than Burrows too.
Point, meet head.

& Burrows is a leach

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
  #352
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,391
vCash: 500
Good for Lupul on being able to secure that contract.


TOML

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
  #353
tdadanny
Registered User
 
tdadanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
People seriously think he would have got more as a UFA?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=54466.

One good year and a bunch of injury plagued seasons? In no way should Lupul get 5+mil a year... unless its form Toronto.

Three years from now this contract will look abysmal. Book it.

tdadanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:29 PM
  #354
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Point, meet head.

& Burrows is a leach
As a Canucks fan I was especially happy about the Burrows contract - that being said, as a consistent 25 goal scorer (almost exclusively at ES) he would have signed for more if a UFA.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
  #355
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
As a Canucks fan I was especially happy about the Burrows contract - that being said, as a consistent 25 goal scorer (almost exclusively at ES) he would have signed for more if a UFA.
Burrows is a steal of a contract but its because of the chemistry he has with the Sedins and the output in production that results, not because he's a superior player to Lupul

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:56 PM
  #356
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe88 View Post
Thanks friend, glad I could help. Makes more than Burrows too.
Owned.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:42 PM
  #357
The Fuhr
Registered User
 
The Fuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,582
vCash: 500
Should have waited

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:44 PM
  #358
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!
 
Cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,914
vCash: 1269
And Lupul is hurt.

Cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
  #359
Vancouver Blazers
1973-1975
 
Vancouver Blazers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,563
vCash: 500
Lupul makes Sami Salo look like a man of steel.

Vancouver Blazers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:49 PM
  #360
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,319
vCash: 500
This isn't a reoccurring one at least. Just a fluke injury

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:50 PM
  #361
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
This isn't a reoccurring one at least. Just a fluke injury
Either way, the guy always seems to find a way to miss time. Definitely was the most concerning thing about the contract.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
  #362
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,113
vCash: 500
Lupul has the worst luck.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
  #363
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Either way, the guy always seems to find a way to miss time. Definitely was the most concerning thing about the contract.
Oh of course. He plays hard and gets hurt a ton. Just pointing out, this is the type of injury anyone could have got

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:58 PM
  #364
NugentHopkinsfan
Registered User
 
NugentHopkinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,986
vCash: 500
Whether it's a fluke or not he's always hurt.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:13 PM
  #365
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Burrows is a steal of a contract but its because of the chemistry he has with the Sedins and the output in production that results, not because he's a superior player to Lupul
have you taken a look at his stats when he isn't playing with the Sedins? Or his production even when he's playing short-handed?

Or his chemistry when he's played next to Kesler? Or how the 3rd line (shutdown unit) has responded with Burrows there?

It's the same old crap that people have been saying about Burrows since he stepped on the Sedins unit. What gets lost is that Burrows has chemistry with *everyone* he plays with, because he's one of those players that just works his ass off every second of every shift. He's also the first forward that gets put on the blueline when we have injuries to cover. Tonight he's starting the game as the team's 2nd line center, because of the problems down the middle right now with Kesler gone.

That's the type of player Burrows is - a winger who's equally good on the left and right side, can play the middle when needed, can jump on the blueline when needed, plays next to the Sedins on the top offensive line, has been moved to the shutdown line often, and is often moved to other lines to jump start them.

Saying that he's a leach and is just a product of the Sedins clearly shows how little you've followed this player and how little you know about him.

Does Lupul come close to that versatility? All I hear is how he's got such good chemistry with Kessel - maybe he's the leach we should be talking about? Lupul has a history of inconistent play, injury issues, never has been considered a dominant defensive player, never has been considered a versatile player that you could move to different roles, on different lines, to play different positions, or even have on defense when needed. How much has Lupul benefitted from playing next to Kessel? And no one even considers that a steal of a contract to begin with!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
  #366
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™
 
CASUAL KEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sk, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,842
vCash: 500
Injury@@@ he got injured everyone!!!! #Can'tstayhealthyforshiz

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:31 PM
  #367
shaner89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burlington, Ont
Posts: 13,863
vCash: 500
Devastating loss for a team that is playing really well

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
  #368
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Lupul tends to get injured by the way. Thought we would point that out to you guys .......oh wait.......we have been saying this all along.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
  #369
Vancouver Blazers
1973-1975
 
Vancouver Blazers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,563
vCash: 500
Broken forearm

Vancouver Blazers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
  #370
birddog*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
have you taken a look at his stats when he isn't playing with the Sedins? Or his production even when he's playing short-handed?

Or his chemistry when he's played next to Kesler? Or how the 3rd line (shutdown unit) has responded with Burrows there?

It's the same old crap that people have been saying about Burrows since he stepped on the Sedins unit. What gets lost is that Burrows has chemistry with *everyone* he plays with, because he's one of those players that just works his ass off every second of every shift. He's also the first forward that gets put on the blueline when we have injuries to cover. Tonight he's starting the game as the team's 2nd line center, because of the problems down the middle right now with Kesler gone.

That's the type of player Burrows is - a winger who's equally good on the left and right side, can play the middle when needed, can jump on the blueline when needed, plays next to the Sedins on the top offensive line, has been moved to the shutdown line often, and is often moved to other lines to jump start them.

Saying that he's a leach and is just a product of the Sedins clearly shows how little you've followed this player and how little you know about him.

Does Lupul come close to that versatility? All I hear is how he's got such good chemistry with Kessel - maybe he's the leach we should be talking about? Lupul has a history of inconistent play, injury issues, never has been considered a dominant defensive player, never has been considered a versatile player that you could move to different roles, on different lines, to play different positions, or even have on defense when needed. How much has Lupul benefitted from playing next to Kessel? And no one even considers that a steal of a contract to begin with!
Does Lupul come close to that versatility. Of course not. He's never done anything. Didn't put up 67 points in 66 games last year. Didn't score 20 goals 4 times in his career. With 3 different teams. Over 25 three times, with a high of 28. Fact: when healthy he has produced.

Seriously, though WTF is wrong with you people that you waste all your time hating? Seriously, WE GET IT -- Lupul is a bum. Maple Leaf fans are happy to have him. So run along. I will create an "I LOVE BURROWS" thread for you.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:11 PM
  #371
AbsolonMoreau*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,587
vCash: 500
Off to a great start I see...

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  #372
iPunch
Registered Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,275
vCash: 133
Not even mad.

In comes Frattin. Depth, *****es.


Last edited by iPunch: 01-23-2013 at 09:19 PM.
iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  #373
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Does Lupul come close to that versatility. Of course not. He's never done anything. Didn't put up 67 points in 66 games last year. Didn't score 20 goals 4 times in his career. With 3 different teams. Over 25 three times, with a high of 28. Fact: when healthy he has produced.

Seriously, though WTF is wrong with you people that you waste all your time hating? Seriously, WE GET IT -- Lupul is a bum. Maple Leaf fans are happy to have him. So run along. I will create an "I LOVE BURROWS" thread for you.
lol!

You do realize that I responded to a Leaf fan "hating" on Burrows calling him a leach and how he wouldn't have earned his contract if it wasn't for the Sedins.

I never said Lupul is a bum. He's a decent player, though I don't think he's worth $5.25mill/yr. He's put up good goal and point totals in the past, but that doesn't make him versatile. The Sedins blow him away when it comes to production, but they aren't versatile players. Versatile players are those that can play in different roles, positions and situations. What makes Burrows versatile is that he can play either wing, on both special teams, and with any line, and shows chemistry with every line... and that he can play center and defense if needed. That's versatility. putting up goals and points is not versatility.

But if you want to hate on the haters, why not look at the post I was responding to?

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
  #374
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolonMoreau View Post
Off to a great start I see...
Considering it was a freak accident that could've happened to anyone , and not a re-occurrence of a past injury is a good thing

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:15 PM
  #375
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 2090
Lol he gets one injury and everyone is jumping on it stay classy HFBoards.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.