Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Broken forearm for Lupul.
I feel bad for him, cause obviously in a short season thats a killer.
But anything bad for the Leafs makes me happy.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I feel bad for him, cause obviously in a short season thats a killer.
But anything bad for the Leafs makes me happy.
I also share the same feelings. I never wish injury on anyone, but at the same time it makes the Leafs worse.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
He's on my HF mod league fantasy team.

01-23-2013, 09:08 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Gaborik is on fire!

Old
01-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Lupul can never catch a break. Probably never will play a full season.

Good for us likely, as losing Lupul is horrible news for the Leafs.

01-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Hockey is alive and well in the desert

(I do realize this pregame warmup, Glendale is far away, traffic, blah blah blah)

01-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Jets attendance 1995-96

(I do realize they didn't have an owner, team was gonna move, economy was bad, blah blah blah)

Really, your team has not had an owner for year and been under imminent threat to move for almost half a decade, how many people really come out. People need to lay off of Phoenix at least until they get a committed owner, look at how its turned around in Dallas the last year with a committed responsible effective owner.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:59 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Jets attendance 1995-96

(I do realize they didn't have an owner, team was gonna move, economy was bad, blah blah blah)

Really, your team has not had an owner for year and been under imminent threat to move for almost half a decade, how many people really come out. People need to lay off of Phoenix at least until they get a committed owner, look at how its turned around in Dallas the last year with a committed responsible effective owner.
Totally agree.

Also @Jet, I tend to see eye to eye with you, but posting pictures like that isn't in great taste. During the past season (rightly so) people were discouraged from mocking other teams attendance, and I still don't think its a good practice.

Just unnecessary IMO.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Jets attendance 1995-96

I have sympathy with your last sentence but the current situation in Glendale is not comparable to to the 1995/96 situation in Winnipeg. Glendale has a perspective owner and a lease on the table. Obviously the team was destined to move after the 96 season no matter what.

Quote:
Totally agree.

Also @Jet, I tend to see eye to eye with you, but posting pictures like that isn't in great taste. During the past season (rightly so) people were discouraged from mocking other teams attendance, and I still don't think its a good practice.

Just unnecessary IMO.
I agree. I find fan base bashing distasteful.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:45 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hockey is alive and well in the desert

(I do realize this pregame warmup, Glendale is far away, traffic, blah blah blah)

I dare not show the photo's from tonight's Columbus/Coyotes game as it may to hard to view for squeamish hockey fans. Pretty sad actually.

http://instagram.com/p/U2fWtYPB2g/

http://instagram.com/p/U2dZ5DPB0U/

Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

We got a team back so who cares what other teams attendance is. I'm only mildly interested if the lockout has had any affect on attendance and if so, which market?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
I dare not show the photo's from tonight's Columbus/Coyotes game as it may to hard to view for squeamish hockey fans. Pretty sad actually.

http://instagram.com/p/U2fWtYPB2g/

http://instagram.com/p/U2dZ5DPB0U/
That's ugly. Even as a die-hard fan I'd be reluctant to go to a weeknight game knowing the arena would be half empty...nothing sucks quite like a dead quiet arena.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
We got a team back so who cares what other teams attendance is. I'm only mildly interested if the lockout has had any affect on attendance and if so, which market?
As a Canadian I want to see 8 teams in Canada.

As a Jets fan I want QC in the eastern conf., Columbus stays in the West, Winnipeg slots to the west and the Jets have 2-3 wins a year against the Blue Jackets.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Coyotes business operations could probably fill a lot of those seats by marketing to fans of other teams. Anyone would love a trip to Arizona in the winter and grab good seats to their team's game. Especially if tickets to home games are not readily available.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Sweech
COYS!

As much as I want another Canadian team, I'm really looking forward to a team eventually going to Seattle. I think they deserve a team and hockey could really rock over there.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Oh crap, TO beat Pitt at home. They won't be too happy when they get here on Friday. We need a BIGTIME HOME WIN

Old
01-23-2013, 11:14 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
As much as I want another Canadian team, I'm really looking forward to a team eventually going to Seattle. I think they deserve a team and hockey could really rock over there.
probably could fill half the arena with people unable to afford/get (or in my case want) Vancouver tickets

Old
01-23-2013, 11:16 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Simply because I wish for the Coyotes not to exist in the desert.

That city needs to be removed from the history of the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post

Old
01-23-2013, 11:23 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Simply because I wish for the Coyotes not to exist in the desert.

That city needs to be removed from the history of the NHL.
I still hold on to the bitterness of seeing my beloved team move to a location that doesn't care and pisses on the winnipeg era of the franchise. But I just try to focus on the fact that my home city is back in the big league and enjoy watching the new Winnipeg Jets.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:31 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Really? How does Seattle deserve a team more than QC (who really never had poor attendance) ? A team in Seattle would be an unproven commodity and would be the "fifth" team in the Seattle sports marketplace behind, the NFL, MLB, MLS and NBA in that order.

Pretty sure QC would duplicate our success, there not building the new arena in Quebec City for the exclusive use for Celine Dion!

Old
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
This Canucks-Flames game has been a dandy.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
probably could fill half the arena with people unable to afford/get (or in my case want) Vancouver tickets
Which is apparently why Vancouver is putting up a stink about it.

Quote:
Really? How does Seattle deserve a team more than QC (who really never had poor attendance) ? A team in Seattle would be an unproven commodity and would be the "fifth" team in the Seattle sports marketplace behind, the NFL, MLB, MLS and NBA in that order.

Pretty sure QC would duplicate our success, there not building the new arena in Quebec City for the exclusive use for Celine Dion!
This is the attitude that bugs me. You literally have zero idea of hockey in Seattle, but because they're American you automatically deem those fans unworthy of a team.

They even sell out their WHL games and that franchise is pure garbage (think of it like the leafs). People in Seattle love hockey, it's exactly why Vancouver doesn't want it to happen. They sell tons of tickets to people from Seattle and the surrounding area.

So I'm pretty sure they would have just as much success as in Quebec City. Just like Quebec they too are building an arena.

I don't think QC doesn't deserve a team, but I do believe Seattle deserves one as well. So let me ask you, why do they not deserve one?

Last edited by Sweech: 01-23-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 11:48 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Totally agree.

Just unnecessary IMO.
You guys need to lighten up, NOBODY has wanted to own the Phoenix Coyotes for almost 4 years, had it not been for the near bankrupt city of Glendale ponying up $25 million a season for two years the Coyotes and not the Thrashers would have been in Winnipeg. The fact that the Coyotes have yet to make a profit and have had 16 straight money losing seasons seems lost on most people. keeping the Coyotes in their current market this long makes the NHL look bush league IMO.

As a former season ticket holder of the Jets 1.0 it still bothers me that the NHL didn't work harder to keep the team in Winnipeg in the first place. Keeping the team in Phoenix this long leaves a bad taste. End of rant.

This business of marketing to fans of other teams or the large crowds when Detroit, Chicago or the western Canadian teams come to town is not what having a team is all about. Having fans of opposing teams drowning out your own fan base must be very disconcerting and probably not a good fan experience.

Last edited by sipowicz: 01-23-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Rant appreciated. Keep it up, I agree.

This, and they ignore the history of the original Winnipeg franchise.

As such, the world will forget PHX ever had a team, and soon enough.

Quote:
You guys need to lighten up, NOBODY has wanted to own the Phoenix Coyotes for almost 4 years, had it not been for the near bankrupt city of Glendale ponying up $25 million a season for two years the Coyotes and not the Thrashers would have been in Winnipeg. The fact that the Coyotes have yet to make a profit and have had 16 straight money losing seasons seems lost on most people. keeping the Coyotes in their current market this long makes the NHL look bush league IMO.

As a former season ticket holder of the Jets 1.0 it still bothers me that the NHL didn't work harder to keep the team in Winnipeg in the first place. Keeping the team in Phoenix this long leaves a bad taste. End of rant.

Closed Thread