HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade Fowler for Nino Neiderreiter??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 10:07 PM
  #51
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I don't think the random blog post would have won you any allies.
It was not random it was a rebut of someones prior post. I am not looking for allies i am just saying that i never bashed him i was pointing a few things out and just saying it was way early to even spark this so called debate.
I really just wanted the truth of the whole post to come out not 1 person coming here and saying some of us are saying that Nino is or will ever be traded for Cam straight up that's absurd.

__________________
JOHNNY ROCKETS
MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
  #52
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
On paper LW is clearly a glaring need. We can't just assume every player can play any position. Why don't we fill an organizational need before we just label every RW a LW?

Palmieri may be just fine on the left side but it isn't as simple as just playing every player out of position. There is a reason players play the positions they play.
Oh, it's on paper. My mistake.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
  #53
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
First off, I come in peace. I like Cam, and was highly pissed when my Islanders claimed Nino over him their draft year. We can all go to the stat sheets to see what has happened since then. I do think your team put Cam in the NHL too early, and I say that having watched Anaheim games every year, not because a stat line tells me his +/- is worse than what one might hope for.

So on my home board, after the whole Nino trade demand thing, the issue of Fowler vs. Nino came up and of course there is a small debate between the two camps. That made me think the best place to get some real input about the comparison would be your board, not to mention I haven't read any recent thoughts from your regulars about him.

So I am asking all of you if you would even consider the deal, or what it would take to make it happen, now that Nino has asked for a trade. Thanks in advance for not taking this as a trolling.
No chance in HELL

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
  #54
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
"Im the guy who stirred this debate but please read what i wrote before passing judgement and I never said that Fowler right now would or should be traded for Nino. All i basically said it was way to early to tell. Again this is my opinion and i brought up some facts to show my theory as well. Good luck guys/gals with your team and Cam and i mean that sincerely."

I never spoke down on your players i was just showing what i wrote and had nothing to hide. Thank you for your understanding and good luck!
Buh Bye
Cool quote one small bit when your entire post is littered with backhanded compliments. Then you proceed to post information on how he is the worst defenseman and how he is a detrimental to our team.

Troll elsewhere! Thanks

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:10 PM
  #55
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
They aren't natural LWs, but as Bobby shows, that doesn't matter. It's not like Palmieri is struggling there.

Though I like how you're suddenly a stickler for this after suggesting that we play Holland at RW.
You're going to have to quote me on where I said I wanted Holland at RW. I said I wanted Holland at center and Rakell at RW. Please stop making things up.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
  #56
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
and boom goes the dynamite.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
  #57
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
You're going to have to quote me on where I said I wanted Holland at RW. I said I wanted Holland at center and Rakell at RW. Please stop making things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
If BB keeps playing Smith-Pelly over him, yes
This was in relation to Holland. Why would playing our right wing over a center make any kind of sense? You didn't say we shouldn't be playing Devo over Rakell.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
  #58
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18,152
vCash: 500
i love how a couple islander fans are experts on a player 3 hours outside their timezone, as if they watch a bunch of ducks games, fowlers rookie year was really good he had 40 points, which the OP somehow forgot. last year he had the sophmore slump, so ****ing what? alot of players have it, he looked real good in his first game, and no way in hell does Nino have value anywhere close to fowler, now gtfo with your troll posts

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:17 PM
  #59
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
and boom goes the dynamite.
I remember the 90's, too.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:19 PM
  #60
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Cool quote one small bit when your entire post is littered with backhanded compliments. Then you proceed to post information on how he is the worst defenseman and how he is a detrimental to our team.

Troll elsewhere! Thanks
Ummmmmmm speechless really, that was my original post i was just showing what i said originally. If you think i'm trolling that's fine but it's not true and for the last and final time (i promise) I do think that Cam has lots of upside and could be a great player it's just to early to write off Nino. I do not however expect anybody at this point in time to even fathom the idea that Nino is even as close to Cam in terms of growth Cam is way ahead of him at the moment no question about it.

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:21 PM
  #61
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18,152
vCash: 500
Top 4 defensemen for a guy with 1 career goal.
Seems legit.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:23 PM
  #62
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
This was in relation to Holland. Why would playing our right wing over a center make any kind of sense? You didn't say we shouldn't be playing Devo over Rakell.
I said about a hundred times that Rakell should move to RW on the 4th line and Holland should be the center. Rakell has experience on RW and I wanted Devo out of the lineup...Don't see what is wrong with that argument...

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:28 PM
  #63
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Im the guy who stirred this debate but please read what i wrote before passing judgement and I never said that Fowler right now would or should be traded for Nino. All i basically said it was way to early to tell. Again this is my opinion and i brought up some facts to show my theory as well. Good luck guys/gals with your team and Cam and i mean that sincerely.

1st off whats this love affair with Can Fowler??? He fell to 12th so in hindsight 6 other teams had a chance to grab him and let him go. Here are the players picked before him and by position.
6.RW Brett Connolly Tampa
7.C Jeff SKinner Carolina
8.C Alexander Burmistrov Atlanta
9.W Mikael Granlund Minnesota (love this kid, just getting his shot this year)
10.D Dylan McIlrath Rangers
11.G Jack Campbell Dallas
If anyone should be kicking themselves its the Rags!!

Fowler had a great rookie season playing with great talent around him and i know he is still very young with lots of upside so we shall see in years to come what kind of player he really is.These are his stats in his 1st 2 years and notably again he was/is playing with lots more talent then he would have here, see Getzlaf,Ryan,Perry,Selanne and Visnovsky that 1st season.

10/11 76 10 30 40 -25
11/12 82 5 24 29 -28

Obviously very good/great stats 1st year maybe a sophmore slump in the 2nd but his +/- is horrifying so people acting like he the next coming of Lidstrom or Pronger i dont see that happening but we shall see.

Edit: just found this article http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...worst_adjusted
"Cam Fowler is no stranger to posting poor puck possession stats. Last season he posted the worst adjusted Corsi rating in the league. These numbers show that Fowler has had problems adjusting to NHL play. Fowler is a future NHL star who has been playing a big role in the NHL as a teenager. In fact when I wrote about the lack of established elite defencemen today commenter CMo44 listed Fowler as an elite defenceman who is well on his way."

"He has clearly been given a big role on the Anaheim Ducks. Many interpret this as a sign he is a star. What people don’t notice is that he is struggling defensively. When Fowler is on the ice, the other team has the puck and they score more goals than his team does. Fowler struggles at even strength. He isn’t ready to play the role that he has been given. Perhaps he never will be ready."

"Cam Fowler is a young defenceman. His story as a top draft pick who has immediately jumped into a big role in the NHL makes many think he is already an NHL star. He isn’t. He has been a liability to his team. He does have a lot of potential and might improve as he grows into his NHL career. However right now he is not a star defenceman despite what many want to believe."
1) Do you, yourself, believe any of those players picked ahead of Fowler, are better than him?

2) Since when did +/- become the best stat to judge a Defenseman by? If it's such a great stat, how come we just don't award the Norris to the Dman with the highest +/-? How could Lidstrom possibly win the Norris with a negative +/-?

3) No matter what you say about Fowler, you have to admit that Fowler's worth more than Nino. If you actually believe that it's a fair deal.... so what? Is Ryan Strome for Shea Weber a fair deal, too?

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
  #64
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Palmieri and Etem aren't LW's. They're being used there out of need.

LW is by far the biggest need for this organization.
Um... so Center's not our biggest need, then?

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:31 PM
  #65
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I remember the 90's, too.
a little bitter tonight are we?

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
  #66
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I said about a hundred times that Rakell should move to RW on the 4th line and Holland should be the center. Rakell has experience on RW and I wanted Devo out of the lineup...Don't see what is wrong with that argument...
Did you watch him play RW with Sweden? He was one of the most heavily criticized players on that team for a reason. During one of the broadcasts Hazy made it sound like Rakell wasn't too happy about the fact that their coaches had just decided that was his natural position. He was far more effective at center in Plymouth than he was at right wing with Sweden, and he looked a hell of a lot more comfortable there to boot.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:35 PM
  #67
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
a little bitter tonight are we?
And a bag of chips.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:36 PM
  #68
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
It was not random it was a rebut of someones prior post. I am not looking for allies i am just saying that i never bashed him i was pointing a few things out and just saying it was way early to even spark this so called debate.
I really just wanted the truth of the whole post to come out not 1 person coming here and saying some of us are saying that Nino is or will ever be traded for Cam straight up that's absurd.
Nobody's saying Fowler is god, we just know that a deal of Fowler for Nino Niederreiter would be a terrible deal for the Ducks. It would make no sense in any way for our team.

Also, nobody's accused you of believing that it would be a good deal, but your original post seemed like you got offended from us saying that it would be a bad deal, which kind of makes it seem like you actually believe that a Nino for Cam swap would be fair.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:39 PM
  #69
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Um... so Center's not our biggest need, then?
Nope. We have Getzlaf, Rakell, Bonino, Koivu, Holland, Karlsson, Wagner, and Kerdiles(Also can play LW) at center. Only if Getzlaf and Koivu both leave does it become a huge need imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Did you watch him play RW with Sweden? He was one of the most heavily criticized players on that team for a reason. During one of the broadcasts Hazy made it sound like Rakell wasn't too happy about the fact that their coaches had just decided that was his natural position. He was far more effective at center in Plymouth than he was at right wing with Sweden, and he looked a hell of a lot more comfortable there to boot.
OK, I get that, but at the same time, you gotta look at the team aspect, and I think the team is better with DSP in the pressbox and Rakell on Holland's wing. Just my opinion. You clearly don't agree. Or you're just arguing to argue. One of the two.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:40 PM
  #70
Papaspud
upsetting the
 
Papaspud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: sensitive
Posts: 7,302
vCash: 500
I know we've been taking a lot of **** about our players when we sound so defensive and attack another teams fans like a wolf pack.




I don't feel they are belittling Cam's worth. Almost all of us to a tee, say no to any trade involving Cam.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:43 PM
  #71
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
OK, I get that, but at the same time, you gotta look at the team aspect, and I think the team is better with DSP in the pressbox and Rakell on Holland's wing. Just my opinion. You clearly don't agree. Or you're just arguing to argue. One of the two.
Yes, why would I come to a discussion board to have a discussion.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
  #72
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™
 
MattMartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
Nobody's saying Fowler is god, we just know that a deal of Fowler for Nino Niederreiter would be a terrible deal for the Ducks. It would make no sense in any way for our team.

Also, nobody's accused you of believing that it would be a good deal, but your original post seemed like you got offended from us saying that it would be a bad deal, which kind of makes it seem like you actually believe that a Nino for Cam swap would be fair.
I guess i did not read the title was the problem. I promise you in no way would i expect you or your team to ever trade Cam for Nino that's nuts. My only point (and again i dont mean from a trade standpoint) is that saying we made the wrong pick at this time is just to early to tell. In all honestly i do not want to trade Nino anyway and i would not expect much in return at this point cementing why i would not want to trade him.

MattMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
  #73
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Nope. We have Getzlaf, Rakell, Bonino, Koivu, Holland, Karlsson, Wagner, and Kerdiles(Also can play LW) at center. Only if Getzlaf and Koivu both leave does it become a huge need imo.
.
At the NHL level, Center is our biggest need. Our pool is fine, but our NHL team needs Centers, and that's all that matters.


Last edited by Corey Perry*: 01-23-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
  #74
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
At the NHL level, Centers our biggest need. Our pool is fine, but our NHL team needs Centers, and that's all that matters.
Pretty much.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:47 PM
  #75
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
At the NHL level, Centers our biggest need. Our pool is fine, but our NHL team needs Centers, and that's all that matters.
We haven't even given Holland a chance. The way I see it is Getzlaf is an outstanding 1C, Holland and Rakell both have real good chances to be that 2C, Koivu is an outstanding 3C, and Bonino is a very good 4C. All we need is Holland or Rakell to take the next step...Is it really that huge of a need?

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.