HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

This is a Bad Hockey Team: Part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 09:49 PM
  #126
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 400
Was excited to see that Eminger was in the lineup until I read further and learned Bickel was moved up to forward.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
  #127
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Was excited to see that Eminger was in the lineup until I read further and learned Bickel was moved up to forward.
I don't mind Bickel at forward. I actually like his grit and heart and respect him very much in that regard. He just can't skate well enough to play D at this level and will do alot less damage at forward.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:16 PM
  #128
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes
 
Krams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Selkirk, NY
Country: Papua New Guinea
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't mind Bickel at forward. I actually like his grit and heart and respect him very much in that regard. He just can't skate well enough to play D at this level and will do alot less damage at forward.
I agree. My disappointment was in learning that the decision to play Eminger was not based upon Tortorella recognizing Bickel's atrocious play on defense, but rather because his hand was forced with Asham out of the lineup. When Asham is healthy and ready to play, it'll likely go back to the way it has been.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:49 PM
  #129
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Hey guys, guess what. Last year's Stanley Cup champs are 0-2, and have been outscored 8-3.

All the Chicken Little's here need to calm down.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  #130
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
He's less of a liability at forward than as a D man.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:37 AM
  #131
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 500
Sometimes success reinforces the importance of hard work. Sometimes it makes you forget that hard work got you there in the first place. This is a talented hockey club. The effort and focus hasn't be there. That can be fixed quickly. I'm not concerned.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
  #132
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
I agree. My disappointment was in learning that the decision to play Eminger was not based upon Tortorella recognizing Bickel's atrocious play on defense, but rather because his hand was forced with Asham out of the lineup. When Asham is healthy and ready to play, it'll likely go back to the way it has been.
I didn't thank of that. Now I'm sad again

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
  #133
Abooch68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
I'm tired of everyone(including the media) gauging the season off two games. Yesterday during the Devils game they were talking about the Devils losing their best player in Parise not having an effect on them this year like everyone thought. It is game 2. How can you say that? Especially against teams like the Isles and Flyers.


Last edited by Abooch68: 01-23-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:50 AM
  #134
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
I'm tired of everyone(including the media) gauging the season off two games. Yesterday during the Devils game they were talking about the Devils losing their best player in Parise not having an affect on them this year like everyone thought. It is game 2. How can you say that? Especially against teams like the Isles and Flyers.
Imagine if we're 0-3

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
  #135
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I didn't thank of that. Now I'm sad again
I think we all know that Sather is just watching things right now and knows that he will have to get a D man sooner or later and he is probably already chatting with other GM's as to who is available and for what . We seriously lack a quick thinking offensive dynamo that can shoot one timers on the PP . It is depressing watching our guys on the PP from the point !!! With the right guy that could lead to an easy 30 or more goals a year on the PP . Those guys I guess are just hard to come by...how much contract does Markov have left ???

The Trade deadline is not that far off and something will go down to improve the club before the playoffs begin . I don't expect him to not make any deals unless he actually thinks this team ,as it is , can do it...and if he thinks that , then we have a very serious off ice problem in upper management !

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:56 AM
  #136
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking
 
Jill Sandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arklay Mansion
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,673
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
I think that's an overreaction. The hockey team is fine, whether or not the coaching is still clicking with the players is the question. Look at Torts in Tampa, it worked until it didn't. It's the same with guys like Hitch or Darryl Sutter. It works until it doesn't.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:10 AM
  #137
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Imagine if we're 0-3
and then playing the 0-3 Flyers the next night where someone is leaving at 0-4

Won't be the Rangers! 2-2 more likely

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:45 AM
  #138
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Sometimes success reinforces the importance of hard work. Sometimes it makes you forget that hard work got you there in the first place. This is a talented hockey club. The effort and focus hasn't be there. That can be fixed quickly. I'm not concerned.
Well said.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:21 AM
  #139
In Disgust
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Was excited to see that Eminger was in the lineup until I read further and learned Bickel was moved up to forward.

At least there's 12 forwards... we can get away with double shifting and keeping bickel's minutes to 1-3 minutes.

I assume he'll fight someone, throw his body (and miss leading to a key goal for the bruins) and then get benched for the remainder of the game.

In Disgust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:41 PM
  #140
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,741
vCash: 500
I have some very deep concerns about Gaborik after these first 2 games back from his shoulder injury.

Without his bursts of speed and devastating shot, he is a nothing player. I haven't even seen a glimpse of either throughout these first 2 games.

Ill attribute the speed to rust, but lets hope his shot is back after the labrum surgery. If its not, its going to be a long year for him.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
  #141
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ill attribute the speed to rust, but lets hope his shot is back after the labrum surgery. If its not, its going to be a long year for him.
Was it a labrum tear? Top or bottom arm?

I'm 3.5 months post-op for a labrum tear. Some bone removed, glenoid capsule sewed back up, and 4 anchors put in. Now every injury is different, but generally speaking it takes 1-2 months to regain full range of motion and another 3-6 months to regain full strength. Still can't comfortably do a push-up. Haven't even thought of trying to do an unassisted pull-up yet. It's a very slow recovery, even with an excellent orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist.


Last edited by Crease: 01-23-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:14 PM
  #142
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Was it a labrum tear? Top or bottom arm?

I'm 3.5 months post-op for a labrum tear. Some bone removed, glenoid capsule sewed back up, and 4 anchors put in. Now every injury is different, but generally speaking it takes 1-2 months to regain full range of motion and another 3-6 months to regain full strength. Still can't comfortably do a push-up. Haven't even thought of trying to do an unassisted pull-up yet. It's a very slow recovery, even with an excellent orthopedic surgeon and physical therapist.
Wow. Can't imagine how painful it must have been.

Couldn't imagine playing and getting hit with an injury like that. Especially playoff hockey.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:36 PM
  #143
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
John Maclean tried to play Kovalchuk out of position , the NJD sucked big h got fired , LeMaire took over switched Kovy back and guy won like 20 out of 22 . I could only hope Torts gets fired and LeMaire took his place .... Torts is a CLOWN
1. You use the bolded word too much.

2. He was a Jack Adams finalist and is a cup winner. I doubt the term clown applies to him simply beacuse you disagree with something he's trying (which for the record, I also disagree with, I'd have Nash on the left and Gaborik on the right)

3. As for the Italics, man, if you thought Torts was defensive!

We'd also never hire LeMaire, and he'd never coach for us.

Side note: Your grammar and structure hurts my soul. Not a personal attack, but man.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:55 PM
  #144
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
yay my anti-jinx worked

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:09 PM
  #145
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
yay my anti-jinx worked
... and you jinxed it.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:37 PM
  #146
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
... and you jinxed it.
i meant oh trade lundqvist for rask

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
  #147
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 50
time to even up the season and make the Flyers 0-4

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:50 PM
  #148
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
time to even up the season and make the Flyers 0-4
no schenn or hartnell. shut down giroux and you shut down the flyers

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
  #149
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo
 
Blue And Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Europe
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,219
vCash: 500
Relax guys, its early.

Rangers are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:44 AM
  #150
PromNite
Armed Android
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,308
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I have some very deep concerns about Gaborik after these first 2 games back from his shoulder injury.

Without his bursts of speed and devastating shot, he is a nothing player. I haven't even seen a glimpse of either throughout these first 2 games.

Ill attribute the speed to rust, but lets hope his shot is back after the labrum surgery. If its not, its going to be a long year for him.
I think Gabby laid this issue to rest tonight.

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.