HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - 5.0 - The "Doughty Money Vs. Lowball Bridge" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
JustAHabFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
all that cause he isnt giving the new golden boy, the savior, the future multiple norris winner what he wants ?
PK has said that he wants reasonable amount of money and there is no reason to think he is lying. I think it's our GM and his stupid fixation on bridge contract that cause the problem.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:08 AM
No Team Needed

I wonder how many people supported the NHL in the lockout and support Subban. I doubt very many.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:10 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I beleive what PK said in the interview. If the offer is around 5M per year for multiple years, I think a deal has been in place already. MB's offer must be way below 5M. Again, I have no info to support this, I trusted what PK has said and there is no reason to doubt what he said.
The problem is not "trusting" what he said, it's thinking that you know what he feels he's worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Maybe you should make a list of the other 30 #1 in this league. You'll find that you're assessment is off.
I don't have to do that, you've watched enough hockey to know for your damn-self that PK can not be considered a "great" nor even a "legit" #1 defenseman at this point. Whether or not you choose to accept that, is on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
I think some are banking on Beaulieu to replace him, but despite being a higher draft pick, Beaulieu isn't developing as fast as Subban.
The year after Subban was drafted, he was back in Belleville. Beaulieu is in the AHL already and has shown flashes of brilliance. Let's see how he looks next year for the Bulldogs and we'll have a better idea of how his development is going, as compared to PK.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:11 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He's not being selfish, this is nonsense. This is a contract negotiation and unfortunately they haven't come to terms. Would it be selfish if the team offered him 2 bucks a game? No right? Why... because they aren't paying him what he's worth.

What he's worth is up for debate but that's where the negotiations come in. Saying he's selfish when you admittedly "do not know the money" is speaking from a position of ignorance.

Maybe PK actually IS asking for too much cash but it could easily be the other way around. You can't blame the guy for holding out for what he thinks he's worth. This is part of the game.
I do not know the dollar amounts being negotiated.

All I know is that PK Subban was not in a Habs uniform for the last two games.

There are numerous examples given on this thread and the previous thread where a player compromised and settled in order to play to help the team.

None of that going on around here with PK.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:12 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
that you do not know.
Well, in absolute terms, no. However, that is his stated goal. Apparently the habs have not objected to any of the comparables he has listed in his pursuit of this fair deal. So at this point, you're really assuming against PK's character that he's trying to be unfairly compensated.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:13 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

This must be the most active thread on the boards. No doubting fans love their PK.

I am going to bet the "we want PK" chant is coming soon to a powerplay near you.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:16 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

There are numerous examples given on this thread and the previous thread where a player compromised and settled in order to play to help the team.

So if MB offer him $1, he has to settle for $1 and 10 cents so that he can help his team. If my team does not show me any respect and low balling me, I have to accept the low ball offer?

Old
paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It baffles me that people are taking strong opinions against MB or PK. Nobody knows what the hell is going on here. It's fine to offer up what we think he's worth but to harshly criticize these guys when we don't know what's going on doesn't make any sense to me.
This I agree with.

Old
CN_paladin

Quote:
Wrong. 2013 is the year Marc Bergevin starts to destroy my beloved Habs. He will follow the footsteps of countless incompetent GMs such as Houles, Gainey, etc.
You just come off like one of those pro-PA guys because you love your favourite player more than the team.

My loyalty is towards the Blue Blanc Rouge not some greedy dude who puts himself over anything else.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:

That's right. You don't know the reasoning behind it. You don't know the numbers or the discussions that have taken place.
Quote:
Great. Maybe it made sense for both parties to do so in those cases.

Quote:
You have no idea what is going on with PK. You don't know the numbers, the term, the negotiations... you are talking out of your ass. Sitting there calling him selfish doesn't make any sense when you don't know the context of the conversations. Same goes for those trashing MB btw.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
thats what happens when u put ones ability to speak french before job ability.what did we have like 4 gm 's to choose from?this is the result.same movie over and over and over..................
Oh plz get the f out of here.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:18 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
2013: The year Marc Beregevin became bigger than the Habs.

See, I can make ridiculous statements too

TO openly criticized his teammates to the media, blamed losses on his teammates not giving him the ball enough, and celebrated touchdowns with over the top celebrations without involving teammates.

Please tell me what Subban has done that remotely approaches this.
difference being, no one tries to make MB look like a god or something...

Old
01-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
This must be the most active thread on the boards. No doubting fans love their PK.

I am going to bet the "we want PK" chant is coming soon to a powerplay near you.
Our power play will live as long as Markov is healthy.

"We want PK" on even strength and the PK though, and badly. Seeing Boullion play PK makes my eyes bleed.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:19 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CN_paladin View Post
You just come off like one of those pro-PA guys because you love your favourite player more than the team.

My loyalty is towards the Blue Blanc Rouge not some greedy dude who puts himself over anything else.
Loyalty does not come into it you philistine. Rationality, and facts should come into it. If not, you are admitting to being not in the least bit objective.

If you're fine with that, then that's cool: but I don't see a reason for why one would be.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Once again, by default. I'm talking about a top offense and top defense. PK does not make everyone around him better. Let me see him get guys like Souray, Streit and Komisarek huge deals on the open market, then we can talk about #1.

Karlsson is obviously not going to be known for his 5-on-5 ratios. He's an elite offensive, powerplay defenceman. There is no comparison there.

You should realize that PK Subban is not ready to be the #1 defenceman on a top team, because that is the truth.
How about Desharnais being +22 with Subban and a minus player without him? Or Pacioretty and Cole's offense doubling with him compared to without him.

Gill became a top pairing D with Subban.

Souray scored 20 in Edmonton. It wasn't all Markov. Street was a solid QB in NYI and ended up totally worth his contract. What you are referring to, that they were just Markov, didn't happen. These were talented players who did well with another talented player.

Look it up. Karlssson won a Norris on his ES offense, leading the league there by 16. His PP work was great but didn't win him a Norris. Campbell had more points there, Suter and Pietroangelo and Street weren't far behind.

If you don't like Karlsson, Mtl, first pair also beat Weber, Keith, and Pietroangelo.

Now they were lucky to do this and they probably won't do as well next time, but my point was to show how it wasn't Subban's pair's fault they were in last in the East. It was the other guys. Montreal's top pair was first class last year.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:21 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Well, in absolute terms, no. However, that is his stated goal. Apparently the habs have not objected to any of the comparables he has listed in his pursuit of this fair deal. So at this point, you're really assuming against PK's character that he's trying to be unfairly compensated.
Nope, I just said you dont know.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:22 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:

Wrong. I think our team is worst off without PK. I did not like Roy reaction when he asked for the trade. But did I blame him. No. The coach left him in the net after 6/7 goals. It was Tremblay who caused all the trouble. In PK case, the fault may be with MB and not PK.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:22 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Our power play will live as long as Markov is healthy.

"We want PK" on even strength and the PK though, and badly. Seeing Boullion play PK makes my eyes bleed.
We've bet on Markov being healthy for the past three years and gotten burned. At some point you have to realize that Lucy just might pull the football away.

We can't plan for him being healthy. We have to plan for him being hurt. Play him while we can and if does well... great, bonus.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:23 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
I wonder how many people supported the NHL in the lockout and support Subban. I doubt very many.
I Supported the NHL and I support Subban as well.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:24 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
So if MB offer him $1, he has to settle for $1 and 10 cents so that he can help his team. If my team does not show me any respect and low balling me, I have to accept the low ball offer?
Stop with the strawman arguments please.

You have absolutely no proof that he was low balled.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

This has to stop. Wanting to be fairly compensated is not greed. Good grief.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:27 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
How about Desharnais being +22 with Subban and a minus player without him? Or Pacioretty and Cole's offense doubling with him compared to without him.

Gill became a top pairing D with Subban

Souray scored 20 in Edmonton. It wasn't all Markov. Street was a solid QB in NYI and ended up totally worth his contract. What you are referring to, that they were just Markov, didn't happen. These were talented players who did well with another talented player.

Look it up. Karlssson won a Norris on his ES offense, leading the league there by 16. His PP work was great but didn't win him a Norris. Campbell had more points there, Suter and Pietroangelo and Street weren't far behind.

If you don't like Karlsson, Mtl, first pair also beat Weber, Keith, and Pietroangelo.

Now they were lucky to do this and they probably won't do as well next time, but my point was to show how it wasn't Subban's pair's fault they were in last in the East. It was the other guys. Montreal's top pair was first class last year.
there's case where stats are pretty much useless, so to speak, and this is one example you're providing : considering the kid was playing close to 25 minutes a game, and as you stated makes most if not all teammates better (production) one has to wonder how the **** did we end up 15th in the east ?

simply put, NO, even Bobby Orr wouldnt turn Gill into a 1st pair D.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:27 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
This has to stop. Wanting to be fairly compensated is not greed. Good grief.
describe fair.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:28 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Stop with the strawman arguments please.

You have absolutely no proof that he was low balled.
Same to you. You blame solely PK for not being with the team. What about MB's role in all of this. Why only blame PK as an egoist player without any blame on MB who may be guilty of being inflexible GM?

Old
01-24-2013, 12:28 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
2013 : the year P.K. Subban became bigger than the Habs.
How does wanting to be fairly compensated put him ahead of the Habs? Have any of you negotiated anything before?

Closed Thread