HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vladimir Tarasenko (NHL) Discussion Thread (IV)

Old
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
OCTA8ON

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
Honestly, the guy you're looking for is Mogilny. Tarasenko, ultimately, is unique and there are certainly differences - Tarasenko is stronger and feistier - but as long as we're comparing him to elite Russian forwards, he's the guy who comes to mind for me.
No, I agree with the Mogilny comparison perfectly. I just hesitate to use that one to modern day casual blues fans because they won't know who an old sabres player is, so I try to find modern examples instead.

OCTA8ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Bluesnatic27

I don't know if this is the best comparison for him in terms of his skill set, but I read a scout compare Tarasenko to Radulov. I personally can see why he would say that, but I don't know what you guys would think.

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I don't know if this is the best comparison for him in terms of his skill set, but I read a scout compare Tarasenko to Radulov. I personally can see why he would say that, but I don't know what you guys would think.
Playing style I guess I can see it, but it's not a great comparison honestly. Personality wise, it couldn't be farther from the truth.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Tarasenko
UNREGISTERED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Playing style I guess I can see it, but it's not a great comparison honestly. Personality wise, it couldn't be farther from the truth.
We are talking about hockey on the ice, not off-ice.

Tarasenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:18 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarasenko View Post
We are talking about hockey on the ice, not off-ice.
Someone's personality and temperament off the ice usually affects his play on the ice as well though.

From a skills standpoint, I can see the comparison of Tarasenko to Radulov but Tarasenko seems to beat him by a country mile in terms of personality, attitude, work ethic, etc. Maybe Tarasenko will turn into a diva if/when he becomes a star but everything I've seen is that he's a modest person and that's one of his main strengths as a player so that's why I don't really like ignoring that aspect of a player and why I don't think he compares overly favorably to Radulov or Semin.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:21 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Is there any chance someone can do what PavelDatsyuk did with Pietrangelo and compile all the videos of good plays Vladi makes over the season? I think that'd be an amazing thing to judge his level of play...Hits, nasty dekes, good defensive plays, etc. I figure it'd be about 3-5 minutes/game of great plays.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:53 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

According to somebody in the HUT thread, there is a roster update coming out tonight to bring in Tarasenko and bring back Yakupov. I know there's an NHL 13 thread, but I didn't want to bump such an old thread.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Iron Fist
all Avs belong to us

Quote:
According to somebody in the HUT thread, there is a roster update coming out tonight to bring in Tarasenko and bring back Yakupov. I know there's an NHL 13 thread, but I didn't want to bump such an old thread.
It's out. The player they created looks NOTHING like Tarasenko. But whatever...

Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:26 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoor living View Post
It's out. The player they created looks NOTHING like Tarasenko. But whatever...
What is his rating?

Old
01-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Iron Fist
all Avs belong to us

Quote:
What is his rating?
He's at 81 with 4 stars potenial. Which isn't bad.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoor living View Post
He's at 81 with 4 stars potenial. Which isn't bad.
4 stars? That's a bunch of garbage. He should easily be 4.5 stars. Niedereitter, Bartchi, Granlund, Yakupov etc. are all 4.5 stars. He's easily on their level. He should be like 78 overall, 4.5 stars.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see in the NHL 13 thread that he's a 4.5 star lol. Wow, 81 4.5. That makes a huge difference. I'm going to start a new BAGM tomorrow. I'd like to see what kind of rating he gets after 3 or 4 seasons. Probably close to 90, maybe a little more under the right circumstances.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Iron Fist
all Avs belong to us

Quote:
4 stars? That's a bunch of garbage. He should easily be 4.5 stars. Niedereitter, Bartchi, Granlund, Yakupov etc. are all 4.5 stars. He's easily on their level. He should be like 78 overall, 4.5 stars.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see in the NHL 13 thread that he's a 4.5 star lol. Wow, 81 4.5. That makes a huge difference. I'm going to start a new BAGM tomorrow. I'd like to see what kind of rating he gets after 3 or 4 seasons. Probably close to 90, maybe a little more under the right circumstances.
Oh my bad, I see that now. I didn't notice the half star.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM
BrandonL

He definitely looks like he has the potential to be a stud. From an outsiders perspective, it's easy to tell just how explosive he is whenever I have seen the Blues play this season.

Congrats boys, the future of an NHL franchise is always more exciting when you have a guy with his elite potential in the pipe line.

BrandonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
pcr3939

Hey guys!

Just want to get a take from Blues fans if there's any chance that Tarasenko gets sent down after his 9th game. I just lost Hartnell to injury and once he officially goes on IR I would really love to take a stab at him. But if he does get sent down I'm so screwed since I'd be playing one man down for the remainder of the season. My guess is he stays and the only way he gets sent down is if he totally reeks up the joint in the next 5 games.
Also who's he playing with and what's his PP minutes look like? I plan on doing that research but just figured I'd ask and get some more intel from true Blue's fans thanks.

pcr3939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
pcr3939

Hey guys!

I'm back again. Just thought I would add my other options that I kinda like if I didn't take Tarasenko. They are Andy McDonald,Jagr,Michael Grabner,Radim Vrbata,Cory Conacher or Ray Whitney. League is a roto league and we score G , A , PIM , +/- , SHOTS . Thoughts?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcr3939 View Post
Hey guys!

Just want to get a take from Blues fans if there's any chance that Tarasenko gets sent down after his 9th game. I just lost Hartnell to injury and once he officially goes on IR I would really love to take a stab at him. But if he does get sent down I'm so screwed since I'd be playing one man down for the remainder of the season. My guess is he stays and the only way he gets sent down is if he totally reeks up the joint in the next 5 games.
Also who's he playing with and what's his PP minutes look like? I plan on doing that research but just figured I'd ask and get some more intel from true Blue's fans thanks.
Sent down where? He's never played junior(which he's too old for anyways) and there is literally no reason to send him to the AHL. He plays with Steen and AMac on what is basically the second line and is on the 1st PP unit.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
pcr3939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Sent down where? He's never played junior(which he's too old for anyways) and there is literally no reason to send him to the AHL. He plays with Steen and AMac on what is basically the second line and is on the 1st PP unit.
To the AHL I was suggesting. I know it would be crazy but I'm just making sure that's all. I don't know the Blue's history of trying to avoid burning a year of a players entry level contract by avoiding the 10 game allowance. But seeing how Tarasenko is playing it would be one hell of a mind boggling thing to do to save the one year.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcr3939 View Post
To the AHL I was suggesting. I know it would be crazy but I'm just making sure that's all. I don't know the Blue's history of trying to avoid burning a year of a players entry level contract by avoiding the 10 game allowance. But seeing how Tarasenko is playing it would be one hell of a mind boggling thing to do to save the one year.
The 10 game rule only applies to junior aged players coming out of the CHL. Tarasenko is neither. This season counts as the first year of his contract no matter what. I'll also note that in this shortened season, the 10 game rule is now the 6 game rule. This applies to guys like Huberdeau, Hamilton, Strome, Scheifele, etc. not Tarasenko.

For the record, there's absolutely no risk of Tarasenko going anywhere.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:48 PM
pcr3939

thanks guys!

Old
01-25-2013, 06:17 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Maybe a fantasy thread?

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:25 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

The fact andy mcdonald is available in ur league is a joke. he's been a PPG player for three years now. I got him on all my teams this year. If i were u i'd grab him and Tarasnipeo

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Spektre

I wouldn't say that Tarasenko is closest to Mogilny in comparison. Mogilny was certainly faster with a much smoother skating ability. Tarasenko is deceptively fast. He moves quick in tight spaces but he doesn't have the breakaway speed of a Gartner or Mogilny.

I see parts of lots of players in Tarasenko and they're all great. He reminds of Bure in how quick he is in tight spaces. Not as fast as Bure but similar styles. Bure had more talent but Tarasenko is very very young still. Tarasenko has a wicked wrist shot.

Tank is his own player. He kind of reminds me of Sakic. Sakic didn't have the best speed but he was a goal scorer that wracked up plenty of assists.

It's nice though to finally have a player again we can compare to some of the greatest that have ever played the game.

Spektre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 01:42 AM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektre View Post
I wouldn't say that Tarasenko is closest to Mogilny in comparison. Mogilny was certainly faster with a much smoother skating ability. Tarasenko is deceptively fast. He moves quick in tight spaces but he doesn't have the breakaway speed of a Gartner or Mogilny.

I see parts of lots of players in Tarasenko and they're all great. He reminds of Bure in how quick he is in tight spaces. Not as fast as Bure but similar styles. Bure had more talent but Tarasenko is very very young still. Tarasenko has a wicked wrist shot.

Tank is his own player. He kind of reminds me of Sakic. Sakic didn't have the best speed but he was a goal scorer that wracked up plenty of assists.

It's nice though to finally have a player again we can compare to some of the greatest that have ever played the game.
absolutely agree. I see al ittle fedorov in him too just the way he moves around the rink and his ability to score. There's a difference between people who have great shots and great ability to score. And I feel like he has both lol. wicked quick shot and always knows where to put it.

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Sergei DRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
They have different mentality, absolutely different. Taras is a leader, he always acts as if he carries the full responsibility for final result. Semin is different.
+100
He willed the junior Team Russia into Gold by coming from behind 0-3 to win 5 to 3 in a game where he was injured.
He also was the captain of that team.

Sergei DRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:10 AM
halaktarasenkofan

hi u all!!
I'm new here!!
i just want to said that I love this kid!!!

halaktarasenkofan is offline   Reply With Quote