HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 11:13 AM
  #326
TCNorthstars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Aubry.

Also file a complaint regarding the inconsistency of the Beach, Brookbank, and McArdle suspensions relative to their actions.

That would be a no go. It is in the AHL rule book that the first person off the bench gets an automatic 6 game suspension. There is no "wheel of justice" for that penalty.

TCNorthstars is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:15 AM
  #327
Rael
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vienna
Country: Germany
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
This was posted in the Icehogs thread

Beach unconscious @ 2:56

Since Beach seems to be ok anyway I must say: Good to see that the d!ckhead who mainly initiated this pathetic sequence got beat up the most.

Rael is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:24 AM
  #328
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
That would be a no go. It is in the AHL rule book that the first person off the bench gets an automatic 6 game suspension. There is no "wheel of justice" for that penalty.
Oh, well see, that's good information to have before making a complaint.

However, am I wrong in thinking that Beach, Brookbank, and McArdle got off REALLY light? Grant probably needs more than 1 game as well, but those 3 were the main aggressors in that melee.

RedMenace is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:55 AM
  #329
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Oh, well see, that's good information to have before making a complaint.

However, am I wrong in thinking that Beach, Brookbank, and McArdle got off REALLY light? Grant probably needs more than 1 game as well, but those 3 were the main aggressors in that melee.
mccardle is the one who got off light with 3 sucker punches in there, Beach got a game for jumping a guy off the draw thats fair t me. Brookbank just beat a guy up, even though it was a non fighter that h e grabbed you cant get much more of a suspension for fighting

newfy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:03 PM
  #330
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
mccardle is the one who got off light with 3 sucker punches in there, Beach got a game for jumping a guy off the draw thats fair t me. Brookbank just beat a guy up, even though it was a non fighter that h e grabbed you cant get much more of a suspension for fighting
McArdle was just literally running around looking for someone -- ANYONE -- to throw with, which is pretty weak in my opinion.

Beach and Brookbank were the obvious instigators, which is why I think they should get more, but whatever. It is what it is, and hopefully that will show the Rockford IceGoons that Grand Rapids won't back down from their asshattery.

RedMenace is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:07 PM
  #331
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
mccardle is the one who got off light with 3 sucker punches in there, Beach got a game for jumping a guy off the draw thats fair t me. Brookbank just beat a guy up, even though it was a non fighter that h e grabbed you cant get much more of a suspension for fighting
Agree with that. Can't suspend guys just for starting a fight, now matter how cowardly the fight is. Suckerpunches however, I have no idea how he got away with those. Punching a guy in the back of the head as the third guy in for instance.. He deserves at least five games for that.

Also lol @ Almqvist and Dahlbeck having a chat in the midst of things, probably thinking what the hell is this league.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  #332
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
McArdle was just literally running around looking for someone -- ANYONE -- to throw with, which is pretty weak in my opinion.

Beach and Brookbank were the obvious instigators, which is why I think they should get more, but whatever. It is what it is, and hopefully that will show the Rockford IceGoons that Grand Rapids won't back down from their asshattery.
from the video you cant really see what prompted Brookbank though, Fournier might've given him a little shot. All you can really see there is that Brookbank was winning that fight.

And while Beach was the clear instigator, being the first fight in the situation you cant really suspend him for starting a brawl. It wasnt him that jumped the boards, he got a suspension for keeping on going in a fight when he should've stopped. Thats really the best you can ask for.

However, Mccardle should've gotten more. He probably had 2 third man ins and a blatant sucker punch on Pare who wasnt even involved in the fight really

newfy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:03 PM
  #333
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,075
vCash: 500
The AHL's weak response will likely carry this into an even uglier place sometime soon in my opinion.

Maybe not as embarrassing as empting the benches, but my guess is certain players will be targets moving forward. It also probably won't be Beach, McCardle and Brookbank, simply letting those guys hold court and do as they please hasn't changed the dynamic. Ferraro and Nicastro have let them have fair fights and taken punishment, but it didn't slow them down or make them think. Maybe watching Pirri take a convincing beating will sway them from their foolish behavior and that is what I think is coming. Had big punishment come it might have settled this down.

A part of this is the trend with Rockford. As Newfy points out on a sheer one off basis there isn't a ton here. But the evidence of behavior by those involved is overwhelming. There have been two ugly bench clearing brawls in the last year in the AHL and both had Rockford and Beach was at the heart of each. That is not a mistake and probably warrants more than he got. He needed multiple games and there has to be stunned reaction in the Griffins dressing room to the AHL's handling of this incident. Now more than ever it is clear it is in their hands to respond, simply standing up isn't good enough for Rockford or the AHL league office.


Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 01-23-2013 at 04:09 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 05:28 PM
  #334
r0bert8841
Registered User
 
r0bert8841's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Does the AHL have some sort of repeat offenders system?

r0bert8841 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 06:41 PM
  #335
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 500
griffins signed Erik Spady who seems to possibly be a tough guy? Lots of pims for sure dunno if hes a scrapper though

newfy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
  #336
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
griffins signed Erik Spady who seems to possibly be a tough guy? Lots of pims for sure dunno if hes a scrapper though
Makes me wonder if they are expecting Lashoff back at all. The guy is only 5'11" so don't know that he is a huge tough guy.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
  #337
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Makes me wonder if they are expecting Lashoff back at all. The guy is only 5'11" so don't know that he is a huge tough guy.
Racks up a lot of PIMs, maybe more of an agitator

newfy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
  #338
The Nose
#thefuture
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,776
vCash: 500
Are Gus and Tats on the same line or did they switch it up because of Knuble? Hopefully they didn't switch.

The Nose is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 09:09 PM
  #339
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Nicastro hurt?

Rzombo4 prez is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 09:36 PM
  #340
newfy
Registered User
 
newfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
Nicastro hurt?
Nicastro left the game a couple games ago and hasnt played since but they havent really said whats wrong, or at least I havent seen anything.

A goal and an assist for Callahan tonight, 2 apples for Sheahan. Callahan played really well defensively too, hes been so trusted this year that hes been getting played in OT even. Definitely had a huge year in development

newfy is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 10:02 PM
  #341
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Nicastro left the game a couple games ago and hasnt played since but they havent really said whats wrong, or at least I havent seen anything.

A goal and an assist for Callahan tonight, 2 apples for Sheahan. Callahan played really well defensively too, hes been so trusted this year that hes been getting played in OT even. Definitely had a huge year in development
Lower body injury on Nicastro is what they said a couple games ago then have got quiet. Found it interesting I think it was Ansar or somebody at Mlive who threw out his name like i was possible right before the picked up Huskins. So I am a little confused about what is really going on, I did think they were way off anyway, but it was interesting that his name came up before Almqvist in any case.

On Callahan he has completey bought into whatever Blashill is preaching. We knew he was a pretty hard worker from his rise in the WHL. Really like that he listens so well, you can see the marked improvement. Now the offense is coming too, which I am guessing will mean even more for his and Blash's relationship. He started the season rough, but for whatever reason it might have been one of the best things to happen to him, I hope Aubry is noticing and comes back better of his suspension.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:38 AM
  #342
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
On Callahan he has completey bought into whatever Blashill is preaching. We knew he was a pretty hard worker from his rise in the WHL. Really like that he listens so well, you can see the marked improvement. Now the offense is coming too, which I am guessing will mean even more for his and Blash's relationship. He started the season rough, but for whatever reason it might have been one of the best things to happen to him, I hope Aubry is noticing and comes back better of his suspension.
Good to see Callahan adapt to the AHL. There was no way he was going to be an enforcer. If he can be great on the forecheck and PK then he may have a shot at making it to the next level. Maybe he can pick his spots to fight and be similar to Tootoo.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:42 AM
  #343
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
The best thing happening right now is Sheahan scoring. He's 9+7 and +10 in 22 games since December started. Wings really need a big guy who can skate and score. Keep it going Riley. Next up, hopefully Jurco. Nice snipe tonight.

http://sendtonews.com/index.php?id=211&SK=lq6DhZe5XK

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:52 AM
  #344
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Are Gus and Tats on the same line or did they switch it up because of Knuble? Hopefully they didn't switch.
I think Tatar with Sheahan and Knuble. Nyquist with Andersson and Ferraro. Glendening with Pare and Hoggan. Jurco with Raedeke and Callahan.

With Knuble in, I like this top6. You have size, grit, tenacity, playmaking and scoring on both.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:40 AM
  #345
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I think Tatar with Sheahan and Knuble. Nyquist with Andersson and Ferraro. Glendening with Pare and Hoggan. Jurco with Raedeke and Callahan.

With Knuble in, I like this top6. You have size, grit, tenacity, playmaking and scoring on both.
Thanks about this. I was just wondering how those lines were when looking yesterday's stats. Looks like more balanced TOP6 now, earlier there was only a clear 1st line (Gus - Andersson/Sheahan - Tatar). There also a right handness in both of the 1-2 lines, so perfect also on that area (Knuble and Ferraro).

I hope that Knuble gives all his "how-to-be-a-big-man-in-NHL" -experience for Sheahan now when they are together.

Jurco is dropped to lower lines, but has scored twice in latest two games. Maybe that is a good change for him?

Henkka is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:55 AM
  #346
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,384
vCash: 500
The defense has not been all too good lately and Mrazek hasn't been able to bail them out as regularly, posting .885% in January. Tom has had .868 in January after posting .925 in December. I count to 32 goals allowed in last 10 games. Time to find the right balance defense and offense again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
There also a right handness in both of the 1-2 lines, so perfect also on that area (Knuble and Ferraro).
Also on the 3-4 lines with Glendening and Callahan. Really lots to like even with Grant and Aubry out.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:54 AM
  #347
griffs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
They started last night with
Nyquist, Andersson, Ferraro
Tatar, Sheahan, Pare
Hoggan, Glendening, Knuble
Jurco, Raedeke, Callahan


Things got jumbled a bit half way through the game though.

griffs is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:48 PM
  #348
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
The defense has not been all too good lately and Mrazek hasn't been able to bail them out as regularly, posting .885% in January. Tom has had .868 in January after posting .925 in December. I count to 32 goals allowed in last 10 games. Time to find the right balance defense and offense again.



Also on the 3-4 lines with Glendening and Callahan. Really lots to like even with Grant and Aubry out.
I wonder if they miss Lashoff. He hasn't been out of the lineup that long to have as big of an impact - all of January - but they're allowing close to 5 goals a game to Rockford this month. And then they allowed 4 goals to the Barons in their last game. Other than those 4 games they rarely allow 3 or more goals during regulation.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
  #349
griffs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi
Country: United States
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Yes they do and will miss Lashoff but he played in all 3 games this month @ Rockford.

griffs is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
  #350
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 19,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffs View Post
Yes they do and will miss Lashoff but he played in all 3 games this month @ Rockford.
He left one of them with three goals on the board though.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.