Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 01:32 AM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Could you guys give me some info on :

Alex Khokhlachev, Malcolm Subban, and Torrey Krug?

Trying to figure out how far from the NHL each of them are and if they are worth keeping them in my keeper leagues

Thanks for any help
I'm a huge Khokhlachev fan and I don't think he's too, too far off from being ready to produce in the NHL (like I could see him as a capable NHLer within a couple years) but the Bruins top six is pretty clogged right now, especially at centre and Khokhlachev is a natural centre. Plus there's Spooner who may be in front of him on the depth chart for who gets big NHL minutes first. So it's tough to predict when he actually cracks the line up but when he does I like his chances of eventually becoming a good second liner with an outside shot at being a first liner. Subban has huge potential and is pretty good already but the Bruins goaltending situation is also complicated in front of him because Rask is only 25, Khudobin 26 but he may return to the KHL, then there's 23 year old Svedberg who has been very strong in Providence. So not only is hard to know just how many more years Subban needs to be ready for an NHL job because he's kind of raw (only been a goalie since he was 12), and it's hard to know if there will be a job available in Boston. I don't know your league rules or much at all about keeper leagues but they're both strong prospects and two of my favourites, both will be in Providence next year to provide a better idea of their immediate future. Subban further away than Khokhlachev by virtue of goalies taking longer than centres and Subban is particularly raw. They could also always be traded to teams where there is opportunity to play. Krug I know the least about because he's not an OHLer, mixed reviews so far this year from what I'm reading.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 01-19-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old
01-19-2013, 03:28 AM
topcat986*

Quote:

Trying to figure out how far from the NHL each of them are and if they are worth keeping them in my keeper leagues

Thanks for any help
Okay my evaluation is ............. Krug is due to stature a pp guy and a 5th dman at best but could be value depth point guy. Koko is a 2nd line player and his due date is 3 years till a true contributer. Subban is a player who could see Bruins lineup at age 22 or 23 there is no way he will be pushed into a backup goalie role in the NHL fast. Hope this helps.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:35 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:

Thanks for any help
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/ki...ruinsProspects

Old
01-19-2013, 09:15 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Camara with 2 goals and 1 assist tonight.
Payne zeros
Subban lost tonight giving up 4.

Nothing else on the night.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:58 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Camara with 2 goals and 1 assist tonight.
Payne zeros
Subban lost tonight giving up 4.

Nothing else on the night.
Good start for Camara post-Scheifele

Old
01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Good start for Camara post-Scheifele
Except there was an altercation at the end of the game and he got a game misconduct for leaving the bench. After just serving a couple games for official abuse I believe may get suspended again.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:18 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Except there was an altercation at the end of the game and he got a game misconduct for leaving the bench. After just serving a couple games for official abuse I believe may get suspended again.
Even more impressive! Can't wait to see him in Boston.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Even more impressive! Can't wait to see him in Boston.
The highlights on ohl network showed a great wrist shot that went through the net top right corner from the left side. Even more impressive it was against WJC hero John Gibson. He also had a goal on the pp in front of the net and a beautiful between the legs pass in front of the net to the far corner for an easy tap in. I could see him as an effective net-front presence on the PP if he shows soft hands like that to go along with his strength. Maybe I'm being optimistic but Wayne simmonds comes to mind watching his highlights last night

Old
01-20-2013, 05:00 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
The highlights on ohl network showed a great wrist shot that went through the net top right corner from the left side. Even more impressive it was against WJC hero John Gibson. He also had a goal on the pp in front of the net and a beautiful between the legs pass in front of the net to the far corner for an easy tap in. I could see him as an effective net-front presence on the PP if he shows soft hands like that to go along with his strength. Maybe I'm being optimistic but Wayne simmonds comes to mind watching his highlights last night
Just saw those highlights- holy crap he looks good. . . little bit of everything. That assist was top notch.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...1d88771842c3d6

Old
01-20-2013, 05:28 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Thanks for the video Colt. Very very impressive.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:36 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Koko with another goal and 2 assists. Man this kid would have ripped up the O if he was there all year.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:33 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Payne picked up 2 goals on this Monday night

Old
01-23-2013, 07:50 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Former Bruin prospect Andrew Bodnarchuk was called up by the Kings on Monday, btw.

01-24-2013, 05:13 AM
topcat986*

Quote:
Payne picked up 2 goals on this Monday night
What are this kids chances at nhl honestly , I also would like to know about Seth Griffin from dom and Kirk?

Last edited by topcat986*: 01-24-2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: another question
Old
01-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
What are this kids chances at nhl honestly , I also would like to know about Seth Griffin from dom and Kirk?
You'll have to wait until the week-end. Have an article on Payne coming out with quotes from Mike Vellucci from the Plymouth Whalers, Wayne Smith - the Bruins Director of Amateur Scouting, plus several independent scouts ( who I might add are NOT Bruins fans). - Maybe someone will post the link to it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you read there. Of the 3 remaining skaters the Bruins have in the OHL (not counting Subban) Payne IMO, has the best chance of success at the NHL level.

As for Griffith, mentioned this in another thread when DKH was talking about comparing Spooner to Savard on the powerplay: Griffith is closer to Savvy on the PP than Spooner is. It's the 5 on 5 I have questions about.

Been a big fan of Griffith since he played Junior B. Thought he should have been drafted in his first year of eligibility. Griffith is an offensive force in Junior. I have some concerns about how it will translate in the NHL. He has the smarts and the hands and the shot, he just needs more speed. He's not a fourth line kind of guy. But his intensity and physicality have picked up this year. (as witnessed by his increase in penalty minutes. Very durable player - has not missed a single game since being called up with 17 games left in the season in 2009/10.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
You'll have to wait until the week-end. Have an article on Payne coming out with quotes from Mike Vellucci from the Plymouth Whalers, Wayne Smith - the Bruins Director of Amateur Scouting, plus several independent scouts ( who I might add are NOT Bruins fans). - Maybe someone will post the link to it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you read there. Of the 3 remaining skaters the Bruins have in the OHL (not counting Subban) Payne IMO, has the best chance of success at the NHL level.

As for Griffith, mentioned this in another thread when DKH was talking about comparing Spooner to Savard on the powerplay: Griffith is closer to Savvy on the PP than Spooner is. It's the 5 on 5 I have questions about.

Been a big fan of Griffith since he played Junior B. Thought he should have been drafted in his first year of eligibility. Griffith is an offensive force in Junior. I have some concerns about how it will translate in the NHL. He has the smarts and the hands and the shot, he just needs more speed. He's not a fourth line kind of guy. But his intensity and physicality have picked up this year. (as witnessed by his increase in penalty minutes. Very durable player - has not missed a single game since being called up with 17 games left in the season in 2009/10.
Definitely doesn't have a better chance of playing in the NHL than Alexander Khokhlachev. I'd be interested to hear the argument visa vie Camara.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:13 PM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Wow! Very impressive, indeed. Bruins did a great job of projecting with this guy.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:56 PM
sammy87

Yale vs Cornell (O'Gara vs Ferlin) on NBC sports network right now.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:24 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Yale vs Cornell (O'Gara vs Ferlin) on NBC sports network right now.
I only caught the final 7 minutes of the game. Ferlin was a very noticable player when he was on the ice, generated a couple of scoring chances and made a big defensive play.

I dindn't notice O'Gara; although I think he was defensing Ferlin on one of the scoring chances I saw

Saw the highlights at the end, Ferlin had a goal.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:28 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Payne picked up another goal tonight. He really responds when given the minutes.
koko with goose eggs on the night

Old
01-25-2013, 10:38 PM
BBB24

Quote:
Payne picked up another goal tonight. He really responds when given the minutes.
koko with goose eggs on the night
He scored the winner in the shootout

Old
01-26-2013, 07:44 AM
redsox7327

Did Jared Knight get injured again? His game count in Providence was stuck at 2 then he came back and it bumped up to 3 now it seems to be stuck again lol, where did he go?

Old
01-26-2013, 10:36 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox7327 View Post
Did Jared Knight get injured again? His game count in Providence was stuck at 2 then he came back and it bumped up to 3 now it seems to be stuck again lol, where did he go?
He's fine and been seen around Boston. Once Bourque gets his 20 games in Knight will be taking over third line LW spot where Cassidy and Sweeney have him playing.

I was at the third game and he was amazing and can see why he'll be in Boston by March.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:05 PM
bruin10014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
He's fine and been seen around Boston. Once Bourque gets his 20 games in Knight will be taking over third line LW spot where Cassidy and Sweeney have him playing.

I was at the third game and he was amazing and can see why he'll be in Boston by March.

Knight won't be in Boston by March we will be lucky if he is in Providence by March. He has done absolutely nothing this year do to injuries and is still last time I heard a few weeks away from coming back to Providence. This is one of those write-off years for him. Even in the 3 games he played (2 of which were at home) he did not look like anything special. He used his body but seemed to be all there was he didn't create any really good scoring chances or seem to be ahead of many of the other Providence players.

Closed Thread