HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft 2013

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 02:55 PM
hawkansson

vCash: 500
The Draft 2013

Lets say the Hawks have the last pick or a very very late pick, can u see hawks get a steal in the draft?(like teravainen)

One im thinking about, that i wanna know more about is Sven Andrighetto, i know he has skills and all that but i dont know where he is projected to go in the draft, was he projected to go high in draft at some point? has he fallen down? etc.

and plz if u want, name other possible steals that the hawks maybe can do.

Cheers

Old
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Hawkaholic

There are steals all over this draft, even into the 2nd round.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Cullksinikers

I say go goaltending. We need a good netminder in the system.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:24 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Yeah, I agree. It would be nice to get Fucale and have a top G prospect.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:26 PM
hawkansson

1 X Chicago
2 -- Chicago To WPG for J. Oduya, 2/27/12
3 -- Chicago To WPG for J. Oduya, 2/27/12
4 X Chicago
X San Jose For 2012 4th-round pick
5 X Chicago
6 X Chicago
7 X Chicago
-- Ottawa To CGY for H. KARLSSON, 1/21/13

Thats the reality

Old
01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no goalie in the 1st with the lack of picks we have. Trade down should be a good option for us.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:13 PM
GGGHawks18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkansson View Post
1 X Chicago
2 -- Chicago To WPG for J. Oduya, 2/27/12
3 -- Chicago To WPG for J. Oduya, 2/27/12
4 X Chicago
X San Jose For 2012 4th-round pick
5 X Chicago
6 X Chicago
7 X Chicago
-- Ottawa To CGY for H. KARLSSON, 1/21/13

Thats the reality
We have San Jose's 4th round pick?

Old
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
digdug41982

No, we traded this years pick for a pick last year.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
hawksfan50

AS I have posted a lot--FUCALE while CSS #1 rated NA goalie for the draft has shown he cannot stop pucks efficiently --his save% (.896) on the TOP team in the Q (Halifax) shows no improvement in efficiency over last year when it was(.892)..THEN at the TOP pROSPECTS GAME FUCALE again shows he is nothing special giving up 3 goals on 20 shots for losing Team Cherry...HOWEVER --TRISTAN JARRY (EDM OILKINGS--WHL) replaces FUCALE in the 2nd half of that game and gives up NADA on 16 shots that he faced (several saves were difficult scoring chjances)--I WAS IMPRESSED with his hybrid styke and even more how he exuded CONFIDENCE
(Almost Brodeur-like) ..JARRY is 6'2 181 and is the back-up in EDM for the OILKINGS -so he does not play the bulk of games for them--yet in 18GP he has a stellar 1.60 GAA and a stellar .936 save % --yes EDM is a very good team --first inits Conference and 3rd overall in the WHL standings --but JARRY's stats stand up as even better than vet starter Laurent Brossoit who in 32GP has a .920 save% and a 2.24GAA ..aso JARRY's starry numbers are not just because he is playing with a good team ...In any case JARRY is the #3 rated NA goalie by Central Scouting for the draft -BUT #2 rated NA goalie ERIC COMRIE is now out for the rest of the season with a hip injury---it would not surprise me that JARRY now not only moves up maybe to #1 NA goalie and maybe to the first goalie taken in the draft (Another first round candidate might be the top rated eurogoalie JUUSE SAROS who is also having a stellar year for his team in Finland in the JR. A Sm-liiga...we should get to see SAROS in gosal for Finland at the World U-18's this sopring) ..
I have not seen Saros play -I only have seen JARRY in that 2nd half stint in the TOP PROSPECTS GAME--but what I saw of Jarry i really liked --both his style and confidence -he exudes an attitude that he is going to stop the puck ..plus he t.v. commentators remarked that the scouting report on him also says he is a very godd puck-handling goalie--again I have a "hunch" he could be special--like Brodeur --both good and confident because he knows he can stop the puck...

SO maybe he "rises" and goes off the board before STAN can draft him (IF STAN has the chance does he have the brains to do it-OR willhe make another huge mistake? I am skeptical on STAN because he has ignored drafting a goalie from the cream of the crop using a first rounder and insteadbrings us (except for the luck of getting TT) a bunch of bottom 2 line prospects of the K. Hayes,Mark Mcneill,Phillipe Danault ilk ---maybe NHL players but NOT top six NHL forward material .IT is TIME STAN addressed the lack of elite goaltending i n the pipeline -he needs to draft a goalie from the top of the draft in round one BEFORE some other team takes that elite goalie prospect off the board...I for one rank JARRY as the #1 goalie target and hope he still is on the board...As for #2 I don't like Fucale at all--way over-hyped --and I have seen Comrie play--my hunch says no on him too.. RATHER I like PHILLIPE DESROSIERS of RIMOUSKI (QMJHL) or perhaps SAROS -but I'm monitoring DESROSIERS who also could be a riser -I think he just got the 3rd star in the Telus QMJHL PLAYER OF THE MONTH AWARD ...Maybe JARRY and DESROSIERS pass FUCALE and COMRIE as the top NA goalie prospects by the time of the FINAL RANKINGS? SAROS probaly will remain as the top-ranked euro goalie unless he stinks at the World U-18s for Finland ..

Anyway STAN ought to get a crack at at least 3 of these 5 highly regarded goalie prospects but I would bet on JARRY and DESROSIERS as both being starting NHL goalies one day and with elite success -just my hunch but ....

Old
01-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Hawkaholic

If its a late pick 25-30, trade it for a early, early 2nd and a 3rd if no one on our radar falls to 25-30.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
No, we traded this years pick for a pick last year.
No. We traded a pick last year for a pick this year. I remember people actually, for some reason, being upset about it..

If we draft in the 20-25 range, my target would be D, Josh Morrissey. If we draft in the 26-30 range, I'd target C JT Compher or D Keaton Thompson.

If G Tristen Jarry's available in the 4th round, I'd snag him and a personal favourite of mine in this draft is London Knights' winger Kyle Platzer. He'll be available in the 6th or 7th round.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:36 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Is this the official draft thread?

Im still wanting the Hawks to draft d. Im so off of Frucale. Dont see any g worth picking in the first.

Josh Morrissey is also high on my list drafting 20-30 and Im also liking Tristan Jarry if hes around until the fourth round. Right now hes projected to go somewhere around the third round but who knows.

Not really impressed with the Hawks depth at d. Few of questionable potential 3rd pairings in the pipeline.

For d, Id be looking at...

Josh Morrissey
Ian McCoshen
Chris Bigras
Madison Bowery

Depending on how much the new rules for obstruction are applied (interference), a premium is for very mobile d men. Must be able to skate well.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:09 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

plus dont act like the Hawks cant add some picks before the draft in a trade or two. we have tons of prospects on the bubble or soon to be NHL players...I am sure Stan can work a few of them and a player or so in to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back.

Not sure who I would want in the first round as I really dont bother getting fixated on any players until after the u18 tourney...that is where many of these kids really rise or fall..

a possible big, mobile, skilled dman who could be a 2nd round pick is Steve Santini from the USNDP. I can definitely see Stano snagging this kid up as he IMO will have a huge u18 tourney and rise the charts probably making him a first round pick. He is the best dman on that USNDP team, over Keaton Thompson who somehow gets ranked ahead of him.

I wouldnt mind a big, skilled dman with our first if it is a likely tail end of the first round pick, then if we can aquire a 2nd and 3rd pick, a goalie likely should be one of them, with a homerun type pick by the name of Taylor Cammarata in the 3rd if he falls! Love that kid.

Wouldnt mind the Hawks getting Max Domi in the second if they could...just to have the Domi name with the Hawks would be cool...plus the kid is severly underrated, has skill, and is tough as nails..a perfect Hawk imo.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
plus dont act like the Hawks cant add some picks before the draft in a trade or two. we have tons of prospects on the bubble or soon to be NHL players...I am sure Stan can work a few of them and a player or so in to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick back.

Not sure who I would want in the first round as I really dont bother getting fixated on any players until after the u18 tourney...that is where many of these kids really rise or fall..

a possible big, mobile, skilled dman who could be a 2nd round pick is Steve Santini from the USNDP. I can definitely see Stano snagging this kid up as he IMO will have a huge u18 tourney and rise the charts probably making him a first round pick. He is the best dman on that USNDP team, over Keaton Thompson who somehow gets ranked ahead of him.

I wouldnt mind a big, skilled dman with our first if it is a likely tail end of the first round pick, then if we can aquire a 2nd and 3rd pick, a goalie likely should be one of them, with a homerun type pick by the name of Taylor Cammarata in the 3rd if he falls! Love that kid.

Wouldnt mind the Hawks getting Max Domi in the second if they could...just to have the Domi name with the Hawks would be cool...plus the kid is severly underrated, has skill, and is tough as nails..a perfect Hawk imo.
I know some scouting services have Domi in the 2nd round, but I really, really doubt he falls that far. His only knock is his size, but at 5'9", he's not that small. He has a non-stop motor, wins so many battles down low, gets involved and obviously has alot of skill. A more skilled Brad Marchand is a comparison I like for him.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:05 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Best position player available. Don't take a goalie til the 5th round.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

If some guys with talent start falling by time of Hawks pick they should trade down some slots and pick up another pick

Old
01-24-2013, 06:20 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

or take the falling players and be happy to get Teräväinen

Old
01-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Sevanston

All I want for Christmas is a blue chip goalie prospect

Unclear whether you can get that in the first round this year, so I'll settle for a Hanukkah gift of a blue chip defenseman prospect.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
digdug41982

We're pretty loaded with forward prospects. I'd be content to zero in on a goalie or D-man and even trade up in the 1st if need be to assure we get him.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I know some scouting services have Domi in the 2nd round, but I really, really doubt he falls that far. His only knock is his size, but at 5'9", he's not that small. He has a non-stop motor, wins so many battles down low, gets involved and obviously has alot of skill. A more skilled Brad Marchand is a comparison I like for him.
No, the other knock on him is his skating isn't fantastic. He's definitely a very good jr. hockey player - I have questions about how he's going to translate at the NHL level in light of his height and mediocre skating.

I would not want to take him. From London, Horvat and Zadorov are both players I'd consider, depending on where we're picking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
or take the falling players and be happy to get Teräväinen
This is what i'm hoping for, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
We're pretty loaded with forward prospects. I'd be content to zero in on a goalie or D-man and even trade up in the 1st if need be to assure we get him.
I wouldn't take a goalie in the first round this year - if they want one that badly they should trade back into the second round and get one there.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:16 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
No, the other knock on him is his skating isn't fantastic. He's definitely a very good jr. hockey player - I have questions about how he's going to translate at the NHL level in light of his height and mediocre skating.

I would not want to take him. From London, Horvat and Zadorov are both players I'd consider, depending on where we're picking.
I would not want Zadorov over Domi ever. Different positions and players completely. Zadorov is a horse, but I am never sold on Russian dmen, and this kid has a ways to go before he should be getting the rankings he has been. Very very risky imo. Let someone else grab him with their top 15 pick it seems.

I dont get the love for Horvat either. he is an average skilled player who really hasnt been as dominant offensively as many thought he would this year. Domi has outperformed him both years. I think Domi takes a hit because his last name is Domi, but whoever gets this kid will get a warrior. His skating is fine, not an issue. His size and last name seem to be hurting him more. But if he fell to the second round, I would hope Stan would jump all over him and find a way to trade for a pick to snag him up.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:42 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Package our (hopefully) very late first + Morin + Beach + Stalberg (UFA) to get a 10-15 pick and draft a Dman. The Hawks dont need anymore forward prospects. There's realistically MAYBE 3 spots in the top 9 open and you'd have to figure that 3 of Saad, McNeil, Teuvo, Danault, will be getting them.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:05 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

I've watched Domi countless times over the past 2 years and never once have I noticed his skating to be a limiting factor in his upside. Never once have I watched him and thought "Ugh, if only his skating was better". He's elusive, strong on his skates and has above-average speed. He's not Viktor Stalberg fast, but his skating will not hold him back in the NHL. If you want to look at a guy who's skating might hold him back, that would be Seth Griffith - not Max Domi - and even then Griffith's not that bad of a skater.

Bo Horvat caps out as a third liner in the NHL, IMO, and I'd probably take Zadorov over Domi too.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:10 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Package our (hopefully) very late first + Morin + Beach + Stalberg (UFA) to get a 10-15 pick and draft a Dman. The Hawks dont need anymore forward prospects. There's realistically MAYBE 3 spots in the top 9 open and you'd have to figure that 3 of Saad, McNeil, Teuvo, Danault, will be getting them.
The only Dman outside of Jones that I would trade all that for is Darnell Nurse. I like Ristolainen and Pulock, but I don't like them significantly more than I like Morrissey, who's projected to be available when Chicago picks.

Darnell Nurse would look so good in a Hawks jersey and IMO, he's not too far from the NHL. Let him finish his Junior career and then spend at least a half a season in the AHL and he's be good for NHL action. He's 6'4/5", physical, can move the puck and is a very good skater. He's the most complete Dman in the draft outside of Jones.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:53 PM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Interesting speculation about the depth of this years draft class.

Quote:
In discussion with dozens of scouts the past few weeks as we prepare for our annual Future Watch issue, The Hockey News has learned the much-ballyhooed draft of 2013 is more sizzle than substance. It’s nothing special, after all.

“The 2013 draft is not as strong or as deep as we first thought,” said one scout, echoing the thoughts of many others. “It’s a deep top 10 and an OK first round, but I don’t see a lot of depth. Is it deeper than 2012? I’m not so sure.”
Link

Closed Thread