HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino seeking trade?

Old
01-24-2013, 06:05 AM
Stercrazy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut View Post
*yawn*
just another example of Little Miss Generation Y spilling some fruit punch on her little white dress and now she's tearing up... nothing to see here. basically, this is the knock on the youth today- just like the knock on yesterday's youth- and the yout's before that... it boils down to their inexperience (which, when you think about it, makes sense). if the Isles compete hard over the first 25 games - but can use some additional scoring - they'll promote him. if he does well and the team has success, all will be forgiven.
Yes! I am sick and tired of kids expecting something for nothing. It starts in the lower sports leagues where kids getting a trophy "just for trying."
Tell the "Swiss Miss" to Man up!

Last edited by Stercrazy: 01-24-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:28 AM
DaveT83*

Whats lost in all of this is the kids only 20 years old. If he's 22/23 and still hasn't made the lineup it would be cause for concern. He's tearing up the AHL right now - thats a hell of a lot better for his development than 8minutes a night on a teams 4th line.

Trade him to Toronto though - for scraps.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:37 AM
ndgolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
I agree with everything you said.

Nino should not be moved unless we are getting a key piece back (even if we have to include more).

Terrible agent he has.
If an agent is hard up for 3% of an ELC (900k) then that agent has issues.

To think an Agent would make those demands without the consent of Nino is absurd. To make those demands after receiving NHL money for last years performance is really insulting. I don't see Nelson complaining.

ndgolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:45 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
Whats lost in all of this is the kids only 20 years old. If he's 22/23 and still hasn't made the lineup it would be cause for concern. He's tearing up the AHL right now - thats a hell of a lot better for his development than 8minutes a night on a teams 4th line.

Trade him to Toronto though - for scraps.
I have to laugh at all the fantasy responses from other boards: I'd offer Franson+, I'd offer LeBlanc+Weber, SJ can give Braun +

I'm glad we're be able to post the comment from Nino's agent, saying he expects tough contract talks with Snow in two yrs and Snow's response that he's not moving Nino.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:40 AM
Koffein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
Nino's agent pulled the stunt and for you to say Fowler was the right choice over Nino at this point in time is ridiculous.

Wow if you think in rookie year when they finished 4th in the conference with a 47-30-5-99 points sucks rocks well then houston we have a problem. His 2nd season they finished at 34-36-12-80 points

Again his rookie and 2nd year he was playing with guys like Getzlaf,Perry,Ryan, and Selanne while Nino was playing with Reasoner and Pandolfo known for being defensive forwards.

Not trying to "brow beat" any of his fans, what i was trying to get across were that his Fantasy numbers looked great in terms of goals and assists (that 1st season) he was a liability on the blue line and i guess -53 in his 1st 2 years does not prove that at all
Hey guys. Ducks fan here, coming in peace.
After reading through the thread from page one, I feel there are a few things that needs to be cleared up regarding Fowler. Ducks isn't the most popular choice to watch these past few years so don't blame you for going by the numbers.
The first year, everybody - including our GM, was expecting him to just have a 9 game stint and be sent back to juniors, but he completely blew us away, looking like a very young and unpolished Scott Niedermayer. While obviously not a rock defensively, especially not for the first half of the season, he is severly underrated in that regard. This so called talent he was playing with was not Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan except in PP where he put up quite a few points. Visnovsky and Lydman was our 1st pairing, and Fowler had rotating partners like Andreas Lilja. Actually, if I recall correctly you will find Fowlers two most commonly used defensive partners really close to the bottom in the same statistical categories, despite taking turns in the press box. In the playoffs versus Nashville Fowler was amazing and any Ducks fan will tell you he was our best defenseman, maybe even best player on the team.
Last year the whole team crashed, from the net out. Fowler had a bad sophomore year, but his team mates did not perform either. He looked a bit lost after the coaching change, but looked alot better as the year progressed. He was misused on the PP by Bodreau though, something that might have caused the drop in production from the rookie year, but now he is back in his usual rover position. Some things worth to note is that he was -14 in two months when Carlyle was fired and was not sheltered last year, playing against the oppositions top players all year on the 1st pairing as a 19 year old. Fowler was not rushed, though I do understand that the numbers suggest it - he got those numbers since he played himself into getting top minutes. Don't believe me? Watch him play.

Oh, and if you think that Ducks fans defending Fowler is just us being homers, have a look at the nice things we have had to say about Getzlaf for the past two years...

Koffein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashthenet View Post
If you need any further evidence of how an agent can screw a kid up, look at Tim Kennedy on waivers today. Hope andy the agent isn't around much longer.
Or our boy Kabanov.. Went from potential top pick discussion to a third round flake.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Or our boy Kabanov.. Went from potential top pick discussion to a third round flake.
What's his deal anyway? Still out from the wrist injury? I think Nino Nelson and Kabanov would be one hell of a line in BP.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
What's his deal anyway? Still out from the wrist injury? I think Nino Nelson and Kabanov would be one hell of a line in BP.
I think he's back.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
I think Nino, Nelson and Kabanov might be a hell of a line on the Isles. To be honest, I wouldn't be averse to the Isles trying this sometime this season.

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

If Nino disagrees with his agents action what is the likelihood he gives the agent the axe?

01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
KrisBeKreame

Important question: Who is Striet's agent?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
jonas2244

As far as I know Streit has another agent (from NA). At least he had another when he signed the contract with the Isles and I don't think there was a reason to change.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:25 PM
ferrisUML

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
As far as I know Streit has another agent (from NA). At least he had another when he signed the contract with the Isles and I don't think there was a reason to change.
...other than the fact that his agent let him sign with the Islanders?

ferrisUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stercrazy View Post
Yes! I am sick and tired of kids expecting something for nothing. It starts in the lower sports leagues where kids getting a trophy "just for trying."
Tell the "Swiss Miss" to Man up!
It pisses me off that kids sports arent about winning. Kids need to be held accountable for thier actions on the field. If you miss a pop fly you need to get benched.

Kids and thier sense of self-worth, load of rubish.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
jonas2244

Hehe, I don't think it was a bad step for Streit. He got a nice contract and could play first-pairing minutes, became captain, I don't think this would have been possible elsewhere. How good his agent is we'll see this summer.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:51 PM
KrisBeKreame

Where I was going, was I was hopeing that Nino and Striet did not have the same agent because of the spill over from the Nino Situation. I hope Striet can help Nino and get him away from this poisoning agent.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Islander Prophet

trade him with our first pick to get Subban.

Win-win situation for both teams

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
BMongrain

Big circus here for nothing.

If he'd be happy with his current situation, he'd be a bad player.

He will get called up after the half season. Scores a plenty of goals, which brings the Isles to the Playoff.

BMongrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:26 PM
SCBdude
SC Bern 1931 / NYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
Where I was going, was I was hopeing that Nino and Striet did not have the same agent because of the spill over from the Nino Situation. I hope Striet can help Nino and get him away from this poisoning agent.
What's going on with the Striet?? It's Streit! (I try not to be a grammar Nazi but you misspelled it about three times)

SCBdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post

Bob McKenzie is saying Subban wants a longterm deal, while Montreal favors a 2-3 yr deal. He also says Subban and the Habs, are at least $2.5m-$3m per season apart.

I don't thnk the isles would balk at a 5-6 yr deal. I think the problem would be that salary. If the Habs are offering $3m, going by McKenzie's info, Subban is asking for $5.6m-$6m? Or maybe the Habs are offering $4m and Subban wants $6.5m-$7m??

Old
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post

You want to pay Subban Doughty money?

I would love Subban but anything over the Tavares hit is ludacris...

Although since we are a cap floor team it shouldnt hurt us...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
You want to pay Subban Doughty money?

I would love Subban but anything over the Tavares hit is ludacris...

Although since we are a cap floor team it shouldnt hurt us...
I wouldn't balk at Paying him $6M per, just over Tavares, but anything over and your right. I would love to see a 6x6 deal.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:32 PM
CREW99AW

Someone posted that McKenzie gave an interview and supported the isles position in this Nino situation.

Now Ken Campbell writes about Nino and the need for teams to not quit rushing these youngsters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-tea...0145--nhl.html
NHL teams wise to play cautious with prospects
By Ken Campbell | The Hockey News 4 hours ago
NEW YORK Exactly what a player such as Nino Niederreiter has done to merit making a trade demand is one of the great mysteries of this season. Not sure if anyone has bothered to check, but the kid has played 64 NHL games for the New York Islanders and has as many career goals as Martin Brodeur.

In any event, its heartening to see there are some organizations that have learned the lesson that rushing players into the NHL is potentially a recipe for disaster. In all the time Ive covered this game, I have yet to encounter a single player whose career was ruined by being brought along slowly and methodically. On the other hand, the scrap heap is littered with players who were placed into situations they were not prepared to handle.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:34 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I wouldn't balk at Paying him $6M per, just over Tavares, but anything over and your right. I would love to see a 6x6 deal.
I could live with that...Esspecially when compared to some of the other contracts being thrown around the last few seasons...

The question is what would we give up....

Theres no garentee in prospects or draft picks but I would hate to trade Nino and a lottery pick that could be seth Jones....

Its all a gamble. i cant wait for the day when we are just worried about what playoff seed we are in...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:37 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Someone posted that McKenzie gave an interview and supported the isles position in this Nino situation.

Now Ken Campbell writes about Nino and the need for teams to not quit rushing these youngsters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-tea...0145--nhl.html
NHL teams wise to play cautious with prospects
By Ken Campbell | The Hockey News 4 hours ago
NEW YORK Exactly what a player such as Nino Niederreiter has done to merit making a trade demand is one of the great mysteries of this season. Not sure if anyone has bothered to check, but the kid has played 64 NHL games for the New York Islanders and has as many career goals as Martin Brodeur.

In any event, its heartening to see there are some organizations that have learned the lesson that rushing players into the NHL is potentially a recipe for disaster. In all the time Ive covered this game, I have yet to encounter a single player whose career was ruined by being brought along slowly and methodically. On the other hand, the scrap heap is littered with players who were placed into situations they were not prepared to handle.
On last night's NHL Tonight, Bobby Mac weighed in on the Nino situation and said that the Isles have NO blame in any of this. He actually praised them for doing the right thing with 'developing' Nino EXACTLY how TB is treating Brett Connolly. It was clear that he laid all the blame on Nino and his agent. He did however question what they did with Nino last year, but he ended it with 'The Isles are not to blame in this'.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote