Capital One Cup 4th round

Old
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Tad younger is doubtful. Young academy kids get those jobs, and I don't need to make Hazard look worse, he already looks like a pretty terrible individual in my eyes.

Kid was probably pissing himself because his club was about to go Wembley. Got excited. That's what kids do.
Terrible individual when he got caught in the heat of the moment, in an elimination match. You're giving the ball boy excuses for time-wasting but you wouldn't give Hazard the benefit of the doubt. His team was on the brink of elimination and he was obviously in a desperate situation. Guess what, while Hazard is not a "Child", he's also a young player so he still has a lot to learn as a professional player. He got impatient with a ballboy doing timewasting. He got punished for it.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

Boy's twitter confirms he's 17.

Wee Baby Seamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1027
I'm not giving the ball boy the benefit of the doubt, he's obviously an idiot. But I find kicking somebody, whether that person is an adult or not, to be an absolutely ridiculous overreaction. He will be banned for it and deservedly so. The other guy will also be punished by not being allowed to take on that task again.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFr96 View Post
I'm crap at guessing ages if so .

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFr96 View Post
So I was right about him being a tad younger than McEachran and Piazon.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:54 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
I'm not defending Hazard here, but having idiots around the pitch purposely keeping the ball away from players who are getting increasingly desperate is a recipe for trouble. Hazard tried to wrestle the ball away from him (no problem with that), he then curled up with the ball and Hazard tried to kick it out from under him. A very stupid thing to do, but let's not paint it like he was intentionally having a kick at the kid.

Hazard will get banned, and hopefully the FA bans these little morons from crossing the advertising hoardings.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Dumb move by Hazard. But I don't know why the ball boy smothers the ball in the first place. Why just lie down on the ball instead of giving it to any player regardless who it was (Chelsea or Swansea player)?

I think Hazard just tried to kick the ball under him, but made contact with the ball boy instead. He shouldn't have done it, let the ref deal with it, but a classless move from the ball boy too.
Time-wasting, happens everywhere in the country but not exactly like that.

Hazard knew exactly what he was doing, he has no complaints.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:10 PM
premadonna

vCash: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I won't post the guy's twitter (mods?), but 4 hours ago:

"#needed #for #timewasting"

....yeeeaaaah
Gotta love twitter

premadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
JJTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
I won't post the guy's twitter (mods?), but 4 hours ago:

"#needed #for #timewasting"

....yeeeaaaah
Jeez kid has some swag

Anyway stupid move by Hazard but i hope he doesn't get some ridiculous suspension. 3 games is enough

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Stupid to kick out and a deserved red, but that ball boy is a punk plain and simple. Even if you're going to time waste, why would you do it in such an overt and ridiculous way? Honestly don't even think Hazard hit him that bad. He kicks out and ball comes out the other side and the kid (...seventeen year old kid) is being helped off like he just fell three stories.

Jersey Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I was pretty outraged until I saw the clip.

Who covers the ball from the team that has possession?

Pretty stupid on both accounts.

The headlines had it seem as if Hazard was frustrated or something and took it out on an innocent ballboy standing nearby.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:02 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

No excuse for what Hazard did, even if the ballboy kept the ball

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:22 AM
KingLB

As someone who has watched the US deal with troublesome ball boys (feel like there is a joke in there somewhere) while playing in Central America I feel Hazards pain. Honestly one of the most frustrating things in the game for me.

Though probably not the best idea to kick him....

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

A 17 year old kid does something stupid, shocking. High on emotion the kid thought he was being helpful to his club. The kid was an idiot and in the wrong. He should never be a ball boy again. He should also have that vid of him rolling around on the ground like a dumbass mocked mercilessly by the interwebs.

Hazard was an even bigger moron. I don't care if the boy throws the ball in the stands kicking another person is assault, plain and simple. Not only should he get banned and fined but he owes that kid an apology and season tickets for Swansea next season. He's going to be lucky if charges aren't pressed or the kid doesn't sue. Absolutely inexcusable behavior and the smirking afterwards, as though this was some joke is just as appalling. In the heat of the moment, maybe he can get away with it but his demeanor right after with that smug smile makes him look like an even bigger ******. Reprehensible all around.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:02 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Not only should he get banned and fined but he owes that kid an apology. He's going to be lucky if charges aren't pressed or the kid doesn't sue.
He already apologized and invited the "boy" into the Chelsea lockerroom with all the Chelsea team.
The boy ALSO apologised.

Frankly, it's laughable the big deal made out of it.
Yes, the "boy" was being stupid, yes Hazard was stupid to lose his cool (something he never does) and try to kick the ball from under the "boy" (because he didn't try to kick the "boy", he tried to kick the ball, otherwise, you don't target the underneath of the guy), but all in all, it was worth a red and a couple of match bans and that's it.

Trying to use the "human being" blah blah blah, is amazing to me.

The comparison with Cantona kung fu is also amazing to me (trying to hurt someone vs trying to strip the ball away), and to be honest I supported Cantona for it, because there's no way players should be insulted like that. Sure he shouldn't have hit the guy, but it was well deserved.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:27 AM
Stray Wasp

Chelsea, Villa, Cardiff and Leeds fans might disagree, but a Swansea v Bradford League Cup Final has to be the most heartening story English football has thrown up in a long time.

Two clubs whose fans were put through the ringer for years having their day in the limelight; that's the kind of scenario cup football is supposed to bring about. The fact that one of those teams denied Demba Ba a chance of a winner's medal makes it all the sweeter in my book.

Fingers crossed that the UK isn't snowed off that weekend, so that both sets of fans can really enjoy the day. I can't wait to watch the final.

Stray Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Stupid from both sides.

The reason Chelsea gets ripped for playing bunker ball last CL and Swansea won't is because of the resources difference. A club with the money, talent and offensive players Chelsea have shouldn't be playing hoof and hope football. They're not the minnows in almost every match they take

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Different angle.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
les Habs

Wonder if this had been Suarez what the reaction would have been. Probably that he tried to kick the boy and we should dwell on it for about a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
He already apologized and invited the "boy" into the Chelsea lockerroom with all the Chelsea team.
The boy ALSO apologised.

Frankly, it's laughable the big deal made out of it.
Yes, the "boy" was being stupid, yes Hazard was stupid to lose his cool (something he never does) and try to kick the ball from under the "boy" (because he didn't try to kick the "boy", he tried to kick the ball, otherwise, you don't target the underneath of the guy), but all in all, it was worth a red and a couple of match bans and that's it.

Trying to use the "human being" blah blah blah, is amazing to me.

The comparison with Cantona kung fu is also amazing to me (trying to hurt someone vs trying to strip the ball away), and to be honest I supported Cantona for it, because there's no way players should be insulted like that. Sure he shouldn't have hit the guy, but it was well deserved.
Wow. So Hazard, now well after the fact, after he was seen smirking about it while the kid is on the ground, has apologized and invited him to the dressing room?

Well "never" no longer applies.

at that targetting and the ball business.

les Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Cruiser008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Wasp View Post
Chelsea, Villa, Cardiff and Leeds fans might disagree, but a Swansea v Bradford League Cup Final has to be the most heartening story English football has thrown up in a long time.

Two clubs whose fans were put through the ringer for years having their day in the limelight; that's the kind of scenario cup football is supposed to bring about. The fact that one of those teams denied Demba Ba a chance of a winner's medal makes it all the sweeter in my book.

Fingers crossed that the UK isn't snowed off that weekend, so that both sets of fans can really enjoy the day. I can't wait to watch the final.
Amen to that. Controversy and douchiness aside I'm looking forward to the final. Go Bradford!

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Wasp View Post

Two clubs whose supporters probably give a **** about the competition too. Should be, though probably not, more balanced as well.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by les Habs View Post
Wonder if this had been Suarez what the reaction would have been. Probably that he tried to kick the boy and we should dwell on it for about a year.

Wow. So Hazard, now well after the fact, after he was seen smirking about it while the kid is on the ground, has apologized and invited him to the dressing room?

Well "never" no longer applies.

at that targetting and the ball business.
Well after the fact? He was invited at the end of the game.

Yeah, laugh all you want at the targetting, but just watch the replay above. It clearly shows he hit the ball.

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
ProPAIN
Waar is da feestje?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Different angle.

I'm not defending Hazard's actions, but you can clearly see he connected with the ball. If anything, his shin hit his side slightly and the ball boy pulls a Razzie-winning performance. Hazard didn't even put that much power in the toe poke.

But the red card should stand solely on his actions and principle.

Whoever is acting as if this is a crime against humanity need to get their head checked. I've seen worse between friends and siblings.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
les Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Well after the fact? He was invited at the end of the game.

Yeah, laugh all you want at the targetting, but just watch the replay above. It clearly shows he hit the ball.
Yet he laughed it off while the kids on the ground. Yeah, well after the fact.

That's great. He also hit the kid.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

We were in the same division as Swansea in 2004. They're now in the Premiership and we're still were we were that long ago.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote