01-23-2013, 03:42 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
True North Gains Gaming Centre

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...187973591.html

Card Room & Slots, attached to a Shark Club is my guess. We knew this was coming and it is good news for the Jets long-term future in my view.

Cool.
The Shark club and gaming centre should be open before the season is done if everything breaks right since it is well under way in construction right now. The sports bar portion will be a fun addition to the SHED and will connect to the MTS centre (via the 2nd level of City place). I believe if you are in section 314 315 316 it will be a hop skip and a jump between periods for a beer and a bio break and you won't need a coat.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:59 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
Giroo showing those intangibles that make him captain.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Nope, I honestly did not know.

Thank you! I'll definitely check it out.

Good luck this season guys. My girlfriend is a big Jets fan. She's from Roseau, Minnesota, and her dad is acquaintances with Buff. She doesn't get to watch 'em much, but its the only team that she can name more than a handful of players, so it's something. We've got a big Wild flag and a big Jets poster facing each other in our living room. It's fun

Good luck this year.
Darn. Was hoping we could have converted you to the good guys side

Old
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
So please tell me that there is a way to arrange to play against Ribiero every game. I gotta admit I had a ton of fun watching his whole game slow motion meltdown on the refs.

I think it may not be Ovie that gets all the MTSC love when the Caps pass through here this year.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:18 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
We need to get re-aligned so we can have the best rivalry in thenhl

I hate you all already

It will be fun, i'm sure. I'd love to make it up to a game up there at some point. Seeing as Winnipeg is about half the distance as St. Paul is for me now. But you crazies still seem to be buying up every ticket before i get a chance. I tried last year and did a quick look this season and no dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
You'll be able to catch the Jets on CBC on:

Saturday Feb 9 @ 1pm vs. Ottawa
Friday Feb 15 @ 6pm vs. Pittsburgh
Saturday Mar 2 @ 2pm vs. Washington
Saturday Mar 16 @ 6pm vs. Toronto
Friday Mar 22 @ 6pm vs. Washington
Saturday Apr 6 @ 2pm vs. Philadelphia
Sounds good, thank you! My gf will be pretty happy. She's already getting annoyed with me taking the tv for Wild games. Maybe she will change her mind if she can see Buff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Darn. Was hoping we could have converted you to the good guys side
You never know

I was rooting for the Wild to take Trouba before the draft. I had him ranked #2 only behind Galchenyuk. I like our pick now i guess, but i was severely disappointed when Dumba was chosen.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:

It will be fun, i'm sure. I'd love to make it up to a game up there at some point. Seeing as Winnipeg is about half the distance as St. Paul is for me now. But you crazies still seem to be buying up every ticket before i get a chance. I tried last year and did a quick look this season and no dice.

Sounds good, thank you! My gf will be pretty happy. She's already getting annoyed with me taking the tv for Wild games. Maybe she will change her mind if she can see Buff.

You never know

I was rooting for the Wild to take Trouba before the draft. I had him ranked #2 only behind Galchenyuk. I like our pick now i guess, but i was severely disappointed when Dumba was chosen.
It's funny how the chips fall. I thought that the defensive draft players went Murray > Reilly/Trouba > Dumba. Astounded me that Dumba went before Trouba and that the Isles and Pens passed on him.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:38 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:

Yeah we are not complaining about how he fell to us

Old
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Sorry iPhone, when I have a really cool dream it doesn't include Venus or Serena Williams.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:48 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Sorry iPhone, when I have a really cool dream it doesn't include Venus or Serena Williams.
Qft

When I dream of the iPhone, I dream of women.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:35 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

So I used to hang out with my cousin who is roughly 6 years younger.

Because I backed out of playing volleyball before their season started. I told him it was too far away from where I live to travel by bus. (Transcona to Sturgeon Heights CC). He must have told whomever on his team that I was fully committed before the season started, but I told him I'm not 100% committed until I know where it is. Now they expect me to pay the $40 when I've never played a game or attended a game. I said no because that's not how it works. I wasn't 100% committed. So he texts me back going on this long rant that included: I'm done with you. You don't go out because you're very selfish. I've put up with a lot from you over the years. Blah blah blah.

I replied with okay. Bye.

Me selfish. Right. Says the 21 year old man who can't hold onto a job, has no friends, has "meds" for his "anxiety" and is probably failing out of university. His anxiety is all in his head and he uses it as an excuse for not being successful in life. I have social anxiety but I hold onto 2 jobs, got straight A's in my last year of university, have a degree and when we went out I bought movie tickets and lunch/dinner almost every time. How the eff is that selfish? I don't go out because I only have 1 day off a week because I work 2 jobs and am trying to pay off my debt.

I'm actually really happy he wants nothing to do with me. It just sucks that he unfriended me first on facebook.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:46 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksnWpg View Post

Because I backed out of playing volleyball before their season started. I told him it was too far away from where I live to travel by bus. (Transcona to Sturgeon Heights CC). He must have told whomever on his team that I was fully committed before the season started, but I told him I'm not 100% committed until I know where it is. Now they expect me to pay the $40 when I've never played a game or attended a game. I said no because that's not how it works. I wasn't 100% committed. So he texts me back going on this long rant that included: I'm done with you. You don't go out because you're very selfish. I've put up with a lot from you over the years. Blah blah blah.

Me selfish. Right. Says the 21 year old man who can't hold onto a job, has no friends, has "meds" for his "anxiety" and is probably failing out of university. His anxiety is all in his head and he uses it as an excuse for not being successful in life. I have social anxiety but I hold onto 2 jobs, got straight A's in my last year of university, have a degree and when we went out I bought movie tickets and lunch/dinner almost every time. How the eff is that selfish? I don't go out because I only have 1 day off a week because I work 2 jobs and am trying to pay off my debt.

I'm actually really happy he wants nothing to do with me. It just sucks that he unfriended me first on facebook.
Tell me, do you go to CE?

Old
01-23-2013, 08:48 PM
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Tell me, do you go to CE?
What is CE?

Old
01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
What is CE?
It's another message board. If you went there, you would know what it is. Your story sounded very familiar to my ears.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Quote:

Sounds like a ******. I think you handled it well.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:

Sounds like you handled it about right to me.
IMO when you hit around 27 (my guess on you age due to story) it slowly becomes apparantly that you don't shar much in common with younger people. It is like a threshold where it starts making sense to hang around with people closer to your age or older. At 30 most people have more in common with someone who is 50 than someone who is 23.

As for the anxiety thing. It's surprising that as a person with a mental illness do not take someone else's illness seriously or take into account the different levels of severity different people have.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:47 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:

Sometimes in life you have to set friends free. Sounds like you took the high road and it's always good to keep your dignity.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:56 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

For Sports Select Point Spread if you pick a team to win by 0.5 and they win in a shoot out does it still count? I dont see why it wouldn't since there is no tie option in point spread.

Edit: Calgary covered answered my own question

Old
01-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Odd. Seems like a lot of people around the world of having cell phone service issues. My wife and I are on different carriers and both have no service. So I looked up "cell phone service" on twitter and apparently lots of people are having issues. One person in Kansas City, MO mentioned it on twitter so it appears to be very wide spread.

Strange. Anyhow, if anyone is having service issues, it appears something is up and it is not your phone or carrier.

01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Odd. Seems like a lot of people around the world of having cell phone service issues. My wife and I are on different carriers and both have no service. So I looked up "cell phone service" on twitter and apparently lots of people are having issues. One person in Kansas City, MO mentioned it on twitter so it appears to be very wide spread.

Strange. Anyhow, if anyone is having service issues, it appears something is up and it is not your phone or carrier.
Toronto about to deal for Luongo?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Quote:

I'm thinking you can probably look up cell phone service at any point in time on twitter and there will be someone complaining.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I'm thinking you can probably look up cell phone service at any point in time on twitter and there will be someone complaining.
True.

But this is so widespread and with multiple carriers that there appears to be an issue aside from your basic service issues.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
Toronto about to deal for Luongo?
Never say never!

It would be HILARIOUS if a Luongo to Toronto deal was announced any time.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'm with MTS and I have service. Sounds strange though.

01-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'm with MTS and I have service. Sounds strange though.
I'm w/ Telus and my gf is Rogers. We both have service.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Quote:

G try a simple power cycle. Turn off the phone. and remove the sim card then start it back up. Sometimes cell phones have a hard time connecting to the towers and a simple battery pull / power cycle works.

Closed Thread