HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
malton

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Once again, you cannot compare a salary given to a vet player who is sweating and bleeding in this league for over ten years and a young guy with only a couple of seasons under the belt.
why can't you? he still brings more value to this team at this point than hamrlik did when he signed his contract. But because he is young he shouldn't be paid what he is worth?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
Apart from being eccentric, I haven't a clue what these "attitude problems" that people keep citing are
You really think randy landouceur made him his ***** on the bench because he's excentric?

No one on the team said nothing on the media.

Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Yes he was. and yet he produced at a 40 pts pace with us...
That's great. He is a veteran and he can produce at a similar clip to Subban. Yet Subban is more physical, more dynamic with the puck, has a better shot, is better in his own end and has a lot more speed. On top of that he agitates the opposition and gets them off their game.

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Ah yes, because he's the only player of his type that has ever had anything negative said or posted about his personality -- and it's just because he's black.

What a crock of ****.
Even the President of the USA gets racist comments thrown his way, publicly. You think that Birth Certificate crap would have happen under Whity McWhity?

Not saying it's happening here, but certainly not a crazy thought. Racism and prejudice are still very present.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:47 AM
CastroLeRobot
Hab-a-bouille

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Yeah because they are white.

This is the real issue with Subbans reputation imo.

I mean, there are so many a**holes in the league, why one flamboyant, assertive, take no **** guy is labeled as a "problem in the lockeroom" is really no mystery at all when you take ethnicity in perspective.

The same can be said about European players in perceived "laziness", or "softness"

Old
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
UFAs usually sign for more for the simple fact they are UFAs.

fair again, so, what's fair for PK in his own opinion ?
UFA's get over paid because of bidding wars. you don't underpay a RFA because you're not bidding against somebody else, it's just not good business.

Old
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
You really think randy landouceur made him his ***** on the bench because he's excentric?

There's a reason Randy Ladouceur is not coaching in the NHL anymore.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Kriss E

Quote:

Ladouceur give PK an earful because he made a mistake...
God knows that never happens in Sports. It must mean that PK has a attitude problems, of course..

Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ladouceur give PK an earful because he made a mistake...
God knows that never happens in Sports. It must mean that PK has a attitude problems, of course..
I heard that Subban was with a group of thugs and witnessed (possibly participated in) a stabbing. It's okay though, he told everything to the police and should be able to be free of charges.

Old
Help
Help Yourself

vCash: 50
Quote:

Arguments happen in intense situations. Subban is an intense dude. People really do like to make big deals out of nothing. Can't blame you though, makes it seem a lot more interesting

Old
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
he's also terrible in his own end and rode on the back of mccabe for his 2 best seasons.
Umm, are you sure about that? Yes, his two best years with 67, 58 pts were with McCabe, yet he still got 53pts on a year mostly without McCabe, and he has been about a 40pt D for over 10 years...

McCabe on the other hand, other than 5-6 seasons (2-3 in TO, 2 in Florida) has been a 25-30pt player in the span of almost 2 decades...

If anything it was McCabe that benefited the most by playing with Kaberle, not the other way around.

Fact of the matter is, Kaberle has always produced no matter who he played with his whole career. McCabe, not so much.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Umm, are you sure about that? Yes, his two best years with 67, 58 pts were with McCabe, yet he still got 53pts on a year mostly without McCabe, and he has been about a 40pt D for over 10 years...

McCabe on the other hand, other than 5-6 seasons (2-3 in TO, 2 in Florida) has been a 25-30pt player in the span of almost 2 decades...

If anything it was McCabe that benefited the most by playing with Kaberle, not the other way around.

Fact of the matter is, Kaberle has always produced no matter who he played with his whole career. McCabe, not so much.
There's a whole lot more to a D than point production. Which is a concept most people on this board can't seem to grasp.

WHY DO WE WANT TO GIVE ALL THOSE MONEY TO SUBBAN HE HASN'T EVEN BROKE 40 POINTS?!?!

Old
gusfring

Talk to Dallas:

Subban and Desharnais - Jamie Benn and Patrik Nemeth

Old
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
why can't you? he still brings more value to this team at this point than hamrlik did when he signed his contract. But because he is young he shouldn't be paid what he is worth?
It's like that everywhere buddy. You don't just graduate, start working in a company and expect to earn more than the guy doing the same job as you who has been there for 10 years even if you are more qualified and better than him.

Old

Quote:
Ah yes, because he's the only player of his type that has ever had anything negative said or posted about his personality -- and it's just because he's black.What a crock of ****. Look down the line at any and all the players that have been labelled as locker room problems. It has nothing to do with his race and everything to do with the way he relates to people, obviously.

There's a difference between not liking someone's eccentric personality (Bryzgalov for example) and that person just being a ******. Most reports are that Subban can be pretty douchey. That's probably why people dislike him. You've obviously never been on a team before.
That's not what I said at all...the NHL is typically not a sport where individuality and personality is celebrated.

So whether PK was black or white or anyother race...he'd be getting knocked for it.

I just personally think that him being black, certainly doesn't help him in this instance...he won't get the benefit of the doubt.

How come all those that refer to his attitude problems, never speak about all the great things he's done and continues to do for his community? That's never mentioned.

Again, you may not agree with it and I doubt most will either...but speaking as a minority, there are always racial undertones. Most choose to ignore them, but they're always there.

But we're getting into a touchy subject so...i'll just leave it there.

Old
skule123

Quote:
That's probably why people dislike him.
You don't think minorities get a rough ride in hockey? Compare how rough a ride a guy like Subban gets for chirping on ice or maybe grating on a couple of nerves in the locker room compared to how saintly guys who intentionally injure other players are perceived.

I wish this book preview included the chapter about Ray Emery's experiences in Ottawa.

http://books.google.ca/books?id=dPu1...page&q&f=false

Old
01-24-2013, 10:54 AM
A1
Set Sail For Fail

LMAO show me the money!!!

Old
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
It's like that everywhere buddy. You don't just graduate, start working in a company and expect to earn more than the guy doing the same job as you who has been there for 10 years even if you are more qualified and better than him.
This isn't like an ordinary business, even then, profit is all that matters (in sports profit is winning and going deep in the play-offs). If you have a guy who is capable of getting you to the top of the corporate world and a guy who is efficient but not effective, you will put your company on the back of the guy who has the potential and shown all the tools to put your company in a better standing.

Old
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Bombatz View Post
Chris Chelios now P.K Subban

It's as if history is trying to repeat itself. Both play a similar style, both have strong characters and there is no doubt in my mind that by the time Subban retires they will both be Norris trophy winners.

Draw the comparables for fun...its scary how many there are.
i've been saying this for a while
he is a chelly clone
mind you i think Chelios was and by the end of PKs career will still be a better D than PK, but its been a while that there's been a player with that similar skill set

but montreal please this time keep this player for life, dont trade him like chelios for essentially nothing

Old
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post

I've followed kaberle since he entered the nhl(since i live in the toronto area) and i know exactly what he brings to the table. If you think he is more valuable as a dman than subban then there's no point in discussing this.

The fact is we're comparing our 23yo stud dman to buy out candidates.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Talk to Dallas:

Subban and Desharnais - Jamie Benn and Patrik Nemeth
Sounds a whole lot like Higgins and McDonagh for Gomez and Pyatt.

Give your head a shake.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
ROSSter

While I'm sure both sides are at fault, PK seems to forget you play for the logo on the front not the name on the back. I love the kid and would hate to see him traded. However, this new cba has made the cap much tighter. If this were the NFL, where you can release a player with no penalty, I'd be happy to sign him to a long term contract. Since the habs already have some unwanted long term contracts, I have no problem with MB pinching pennies on this one. Subban take the two year deal. After that ask for your pay day. You haven't proven anything yet.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You're putting in question what he thinks is fair value. In the next post, you're suggesting that the insider might have gotten it wrong with 500K on every amount thrown out by him.
You suggest PK might be asking as much as 6.5M (I'm guessing this is over a long term deal), which means Doughty cash, despite another journalist that had the privilege of interviewing him recently saying he isn't looking at such a deal.

You don't need to write it word for word, I can read between the lines. ***** might have been harsh, but it's tough to keep up with all the crap being spewed out here.
simple logic : MB made an offer that he probably think is fair, PK says he's asking for what he think is fair value / and here you are siding with P.K cause he wants FAIR contract... that's bullcrap.

re-read the first sentence : doubt he has the exact numbers.

it's an example, it could very well be the other way around, exact numbers being 2.25 with a 2/2.5 difference... just shows that while being somewhat right, a LITTLE difference cause change lots of things at the end.

but hey, I used an example that doesnt fit your view on the situation, so I hate the kid, right ?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
You are in the left field big time. If the guy would be Caucasian, he would be perceived the same way. Just a huge hot dog, media attention lover with some ego problems like Gary Carter when he was in Montreal.
This is a much to complex issue to really get in-depth on...I respect that you don't agree with me, but life experiences have taught me differently.

And that's ok really...I just choose to not bury my head in the sand

Old
01-24-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
LMAO show me the money!!!
What's even funnier...as i'm typing this, a caller just called in to Marinaro thinking that was actually a REAL PC by Subban and Meehan.

Then he went on to say

"That type of attidude belongs in the NBA or Boxing...not the NHL"

I rest my case lol

Closed Thread