HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 500
That's good to hear.

In a relative way, of course.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Rammstein816

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC

#Amerks LW Zemgus Girgensons (concussion) may be out past 2-game series in Abbotsford Feb. 5-6.Possible for then, Feb. 12 or 15 more likely.

No update on #Amerks D Drew Schiestel (knee). May be seeing doctor for MRI today.

#Amerks coach Ron Rolston said D Matt MacKenzie (concussion/personal absence) could be ready to play by weekend of Feb. 1-2.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:14 AM
sabrefan27

Just for an example of the type of things Amerks fans would like to see out of the Sabres. In the last few days, the Penguins have signed for WBS veterans Mark Eaton, Tom Kostopolous and just traded for all star Chad Kolarik. And they only have 2 points less than Rochester. It is nice to see that mediocrity is not accepted by others.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Just for an example of the type of things Amerks fans would like to see out of the Sabres. In the last few days, the Penguins have signed for WBS veterans Mark Eaton, Tom Kostopolous and just traded for all star Chad Kolarik. And they only have 2 points less than Rochester. It is nice to see that mediocrity is not accepted by others.
We get it.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
We get it.
Get what?

No, but I understand his frustration, I agree that the Sabres should do more in Rochester, they have a fan base there and it's their duty to put a winning product on the ice. Yes it's about development but the people deserve a winning product. If the Sabres aren't doing everything they can to put a winning product on the ice the fans have a right to complain. It's not like adding veterans and developing are mutually exclusive.

Last edited by Stop Winnin: 01-24-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old
01-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Get what?

No, but I understand his frustration, I agree that the Sabres should do more in Rochester, they have a fan base there and it's their duty to put a winning product on the ice. Yes it's about development but the people but if the Sabres aren't doing everything they can to put a winning product on the ice the fans have a right to complain.
Amerks are currently 6 games above .500 and they haven't been terrible since the lockout ended.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:31 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
I have to think Kolarik forced his way out, didn't see an opportunity in NY. That trade just wouldn't make sense, Kolarik is a much better player than Ferriero.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
We get it.
Not really, considering the amount of debates I seem to have on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Amerks are currently 6 games above .500 and they haven't been terrible since the lockout ended.
Being 6 games above .500 doesn't mean much these days with how the standings are calculated. Amerks are 7th in the conference. Mediocrity is all they aim for.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Not really, considering the amount of debates I seem to have on here.

Being 6 games above .500 doesn't mean much these days with how the standings are calculated. Amerks are 7th in the conference. Mediocrity is all they aim for.
Nobody aims for mediocrity. Not even the W-B Penguins who have a worse record than the Amerks.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Nobody aims for mediocrity. Not even the W-B Penguins who have a worse record than the Amerks.
WBS definitely aims high, that's why they added 2 NHL vets and an AHL all star this week. Darcy Regier would never do anything like that.

I don't actually think the Sabres aim to be average, but I certainly don't think they aim to be elite. I think they're content with a borderline playoff team.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
OcAirlines

I think what's most frustrating is that Regier explicitely stated about 1-2 weeks ago that he's planning to get some reinforcements for Rochester but since then nothing happened. And it didn't sound like he meant Pardy and maybe Ellis...

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
I think what's most frustrating is that Regier explicitely stated about 1-2 weeks ago that he's planning to get some reinforcements for Rochester but since then nothing happened. And it didn't sound like he meant Pardy and maybe Ellis...
Yes, he told Harrington that they planned on replacing Hodgson and Foligno. Predictably, it hasn't (and won't) happen.

This has been pretty routine with Regier over the years. It's my honest opinion that he drags down the Amerks franchise. I had a conversation with Kevin O last week. Said Regier told him he was "still looking". Right.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 511
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The #Amerks have signed LW Hunter Bishop to a tryout contract. The third-year pro has scored 6-7-13 in 46 career AHL games with Hamilton and Lake Erie.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Newest #Amerks LW Hunter Bishop has been playing with South Carolina of ECHL. Scored 16-18-34 in 38 games. No points in 3 AHL games w. Lake Erie.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxSabre View Post
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - The #Amerks have signed LW Hunter Bishop to a tryout contract. The third-year pro has scored 6-7-13 in 46 career AHL games with Hamilton and Lake Erie.

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - Newest #Amerks LW Hunter Bishop has been playing with South Carolina of ECHL. Scored 16-18-34 in 38 games. No points in 3 AHL games w. Lake Erie.
It's interesting what this says about the standing of Boychuk, Szyzdlowski and Lagace in the organization.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Afino
The Juice

I did notice a Bishop out there and had no idea who that was

From what I could tell, he didn't get much time and was just an overall non-factor.

Amerks win tonight, but man, the first period was awfully sloppy. Turnovers, not getting the possession back quickly, tripping all over themselves, blowing the few chances they had.

2nd was obviously better, but still not "sharp". Or maybe my expectations were too high.

We left prior to the 3rd because a 3 year old loses attention quickly

Old
01-26-2013, 06:30 AM
LaxSabre

Kevin Porter and Brendan McNabb will be representing the Amerks in this years AHL Skills Competition (Sunday, January 27 - 7:00 pm ET) and AHL All-Star Game (Monday, January 28 - 7:00 pm ET). Heres a link to the list of TV channels that will be showing both - http://theahl.com/2013-all-star-tv-network-p181265

Locally, all of the Time Warner Cable Sports Channels (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse/Binghamton, Albany and New York City) will be showing both the Skills Competition and the All-Star Game LIVE.

If you don't get the TWCSCs, MSG Network will also be showing both events as well. The Skills Competition will be shown via a one day tape delay on Monday, January 28 at 5:00 pm ET leading into the LIVE showing of the All-Star Game that evening at 7:00 pm ET.

If you get both TWCSC and MSG and need to set whatever recording device ahead of time for the All Star Game on Monday night, I suggest you record your TWCSC as MSG may be blacked out in your area - especially in areas other than NYC. Just the opposite may happen in the NYC area as the game may be shown on MSG only with the TWCSC being blacked out.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 01-26-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old
01-28-2013, 12:19 AM
LaxSabre

McNabb’s blast of 101.8 wins AHL hardest shot event - Posted by Kevin Oklobzija - Rochester D&C Website.

Brayden McNabb spent a whole lot of the first half of the pre-lockout AHL season feathering passes over to T.J. Brennan when they played the point on power plays for the Rochester Americans. Who knew that he was hiding a weapon of his own?

McNabb won the hardest shot competition at tonight’s AHL All-Star Classic Skills Competition in Providence, R.I., with a blast clocked by radar at 101.8 mph. “I should start shooting more, I guess,” McNabb joked afterward. (LS: The 101.8 mph was his second shot of the night - his first shot was 99 mph which was third best - Brad Hunt - Chicago was second best with 99.5 mph.)

So the real question is: If McNabb hit 101.8 on the radar gun, what was Brennan going to do? He might have had the best one-timer in the AHL. “I want to say at least 105 (mph) at least,” McNabb said. “He’s got a cannon.” (LS: It would be a record too - as current Amerks teammate Mark Mancari holds the record for the hardest shot - 102.8 - set at the 2008 event in Binghamton.)

McNabb also scored on his breakaway so he provided the West with two of the overall team points. (LS: He scored against East Goalie - Robin Lehner - Binghamton as part of the team breakaway event. The West won that event 6-3.)

Kevin Porter took part in the fastest skater (LS: he won his individual race - had the third fastest time at 13.828), puck-control relay. (LS: his team lost its race) and pass-and-score (LS: his team went 0 for 3 against East Goalie - Niklas Svedberg - Providence)

LS: Western Conference defeated the Eastern Conference 12-11 to win the Skills Competition.

http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/kevino/?p=3667

All Stars Skills Competition Article - TheAHL.com - http://theahl.com/west-rallies-for-1...ictory-p181554

Complete All-Star Skills Competition Results - TheAHL.com - http://theahl.com/2013-skills-competition-p181525

Last edited by LaxSabre: 01-28-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
ceky

thank you, good read ..... funny, i can't remember mcnabb making slapshots at all, more like hard wristshots...

Old
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
LaxSabre

Late Goal Gives West An All-Star Sweep - AHL Website - January 28, 2013

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Toronto Marlies forward Ryan Hamilton completed a hat trick with 11.2 seconds remaining in regulation, breaking a tie and sending the Western Conference to a 7-6 win over the Eastern Conference in the 2013 American Hockey League All-Star Game before a capacity crowd of 10,846 fans at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center tonight.

Hamilton, who was named the Dunkin’ Donuts All-Star Game Most Valuable Player, scored the final three West goals of the night to record the seventh hat trick in All-Star Game history.

The victory gave the West a second consecutive sweep of the two-day All-Star Classic, repeating the feat they accomplished in Atlantic City last year. And for the second consecutive night, the event came down to the final shot after the West’s dramatic 12-11 triumph in the Pepsi AHL All-Star Skills Competition on Sunday.

Game Story - http://theahl.com/late-goal-gives-we...-sweep-p181581

Game Summary - http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1011010
Scorers Sheet - http://theahl.com/stats/official-gam...ame_id=1011010
Text Boxscore - http://theahl.com/stats/text-game-re...ame_id=1011010

Brayden McNabb - who won the hardest shot competition the night before - had one assist (he assisted on a Drew Shore (San Antonio) goal - the last of four Western Conference goals that were scored in first period.) had two shots on goal and was a plus one. Kevin Porter - was pointless - had three shots on goal and was a minus one.

Amerks.com Article - McNabb/Porter All-Star Game Experience - http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=684

Last edited by LaxSabre: 01-29-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old
01-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Zip15

Just looked at the AHL stats page, and I'd love to find out why Luke Adam isn't shooting the puck more. He's taken 67 shots in 39 games played. He has 9 goals on 67 shots, which is a great shooting% of 13.4%? That coaching staff should be in his ear to be taking 3-4 shots per game. No excuse for him averaging just over 1.5 shots/game, especially when his best NHL tool is his shot.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:27 AM
UncleBenny

Those numbers are a little misleading, a bunch of his goals this year have been tip in goals so his "actual" shooting percentage is lower. He should probably shoot more but he ends up turning the puck over before he gets the chance.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:01 AM
sabrefan27

He never gets himself in opportunities to shoot.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Superhero

I think the Amerks were 12th or 13th in the conference when Ruff and his staff were helping out with the Amerks this year. Now that Ruff is gone along with Hodson, Foligno and Brennan the Amerks have jumped up to 8th.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:35 AM
sabrefan27

You may want to try and connect those dots, but it has nothing to do with that. A lot of it is Adam Pardy, who finally gave the Amerks a veteran presence on defense and is an NHL defenseman.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
AmerksPuck

I'm curious to see if we lose a forward due to the Kaleta injury. I saw on the injury board someone said McCormick was close to being back. They are in big trouble if they dress McCormick and Scott in the same game.

Closed Thread