HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Capitals vs Canadiens (Doom & Gloom #3 Edition).1.24.13.7:00 PM EST

Old
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
BTCG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Your lines are way off.
Maybe it's me.... but I don't see Fair in either list.

BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadly Pook Gas View Post
I'm mainly just a lurker which is why my post count is so low. I started coming to this board when your avatar was a red car. Yes I'm a caps fan. Sorry that you don't like me making the thread. I'll wait next time so someone else has a chance to post the gdt.
goddamnit tex, do you see what you did.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
tycoonheart

So Tom *** Poti was on the radio yesterday saying how great the coaches are at communicating, and took a shot at Hunter on how he didn't say a word to any of the players last season.

Well, if the communication is that great, lets see how much the D improves tonight.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
So Tom *** Poti was on the radio yesterday saying how great the coaches are at communicating, and took a shot at Hunter on how he didn't say a word to any of the players last season.

Well, if the communication is that great, lets see how much the D improves tonight.
Did Poti even play for Hunter?

Ovechkins Wodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'm mainly just a lurker which is why my post count is so low. I started coming to this board when your avatar was a red car. Yes I'm a caps fan. Sorry that you don't like me making the thread. I'll wait next time so someone else has a chance to post the gdt.
We dont pride ourselves in lame duck GDT's. Its just everyone else here is largely uninterested in making a GD thread.

Don't worry, if our usual lame GDTs are a part of some sort of superstition, it is failing miserably and should be scrapped.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
I'm willing to bet he has been in communication with people who were in Hunter's Locker room...

Old
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Stewie G

Quote:

Perhaps Dale didn't have to be a great communicator because his system was so straightforward. Maybe Oates needs to be a better communicator because his system is more complex and gives players more options than just chip it out of the zone ad nauseum.

You can be a fantastic communicator but not get results if the players need time to grasp the concepts. If they still look like a rudderless ship in 2 weeks, then I'll start to be more concerned.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
play me or trade me...in french. his new agent is gloves.

@bcf: i am unclear what perreault's trade value would have been. he is a good injury backup option. he was that last season and got to play because of the injury to backstrom. my read is that his trade value was not equal or greater to the cost of replacing him with a player as good to fill the role the caps have him in?

is there a player at hershey? i dont think so. they let aucoin go. so, they would have had to go out and get a player to replace perreault who might not have been as good.
Um, Johansson, Laich and Hendricks can all replace Perreault.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
He did not. Thats why its stupid for him to even mention that. He did say "he heard it from the guys" though.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Perhaps Dale didn't have to be a great communicator because his system was so straightforward. Maybe Oates needs to be a better communicator because his system is more complex and gives players more options than just chip it out of the zone ad nauseum.

You can be a fantastic communicator but not get results if the players need time to grasp the concepts. If they still look like a rudderless ship in 2 weeks, then I'll start to be more concerned.
I agree.

And there are lots of coaches who let their assistants do the coaching and the talking. The fact is Dale actually had the players playing super hard for him. Say what you want about his system, but I had never seen these bunch of guys play like that... ever. Every one was selling out to do whatever it takes to help the team win. You need that mentality to win in the playoffs. And somehow Dale managed that w/o ever saying a single word to anyone. It won't mean jack **** that Oates is a great communicator if he can't get his players to play hard for him.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:47 AM
BiPolar Caps
Failure is an option

According to Katie Carrera, Fehr, Schultz and Erksine doing the scratch skate.

Also she had the lines as follows: Looks like Alex Ovechkin is back at LW. Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wolski; Hendricks-Ribeiro-Brouwer; Chimera-Beagle-Ward; Johansson-Perreault-Crabb

Ribeiro's gotta be wondering WTF

MOJO and PRO on the fourth line

Wondering if Ribeiro's hat is being used to pick the names from for the lines.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
We dont pride ourselves in lame duck GDT's. Its just everyone else here is largely uninterested in making a GD thread.

Don't worry, if our usual lame GDTs are a part of some sort of superstition, it is failing miserably and should be scrapped.
I dunno Randy, its kinda been our tradition to have the most worthless GDT post. To me it was always funny to go to our opponents GDT and have some of them mention how lacking our GDT is.

"OMG they put no effort on their GDTs! WTF!"

Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
According to Katie Carrera, Fehr, Schultz and Erksine doing the scratch skate.

Also she had the lines as follows: Looks like Alex Ovechkin is back at LW. Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wolski; Hendricks-Ribeiro-Brouwer; Chimera-Beagle-Ward; Johansson-Perreault-Crabb.
If this is true, it's almost like Oates is making adjustments to how ****** the team has been, I like it.

Mojo has sucked. OV was awful at RW. Wolski gets some 1st line reps...I kinda actually like these lines a lot.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Wolski is at LW, Ovi at RW. Early reports were off.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
If this is true, it's almost like Oates is making adjustments to how ****** the team has been, I like it.

Mojo has sucked. OV was awful at RW. Wolski gets some 1st line reps...I kinda actually like these lines a lot.
Yeah, its going to take time for him to figure out what combination works for his system. Really unfortunate that there was no TC and its a short season. I think eventually they'll start to play cohesively. Just hoping that it isn't too late.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:53 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Hendricks on 2

Ovi at RW - not scrapped, good. Its too early to wave the white towel.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-24-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Wolski is at LW, Ovi at RW. Early reports were off.
Sigh.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Quote:
Don't sweat it people just love to ***** about everything and anything on this board. Caps fans in general are a miserable lot. Being *new* on the boards you will have a hazing period from some of the *vet* posters, fresh meat as it were.

EYEuhFRAYtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Quote:
I dunno Randy, its kinda been our tradition to have the most worthless GDT post. To me it was always funny to go to our opponents GDT and have some of them mention how lacking our GDT is.

"OMG they put no effort on their GDTs! WTF!"

Playoffs, sure, when we get lots of publicity. I understand, as overkill can prove hilarious.

But posters here appear gun shy to start GDTs here so i welcome anyone that does. Lurking for one to be made is lame. The few times I have, someone else does one at the same time so I gave up long ago.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Stewie G

Quote:
I agree.

And there are lots of coaches who let their assistants do the coaching and the talking. The fact is Dale actually had the players playing super hard for him. Say what you want about his system, but I had never seen these bunch of guys play like that... ever. Every one was selling out to do whatever it takes to help the team win. You need that mentality to win in the playoffs. And somehow Dale managed that w/o ever saying a single word to anyone. It won't mean jack **** that Oates is a great communicator if he can't get his players to play hard for him.
Agreed. The Kings are Exhibits A, B, and C. Perhaps the transitition to the new system is causing hesitation which looks like lack of effort or maybe the majority of the guys don't have it in them. I'm willing to give it more time to see if it is more of the former and less of the latter.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

I'll make tomorrow's GDT thread, okay guys?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:05 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryNumber5 View Post
Back to the phone booth for the first time since game 3 of the Boston series... I am excited and not at the same time. Need to light a fire under their *****.
Make sure you get in early. Those season ticket cards are making it take forever to get through the door (for everyone, not just season ticket holders). Think 5-10 extra seconds per season ticket holder.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeaMonkey View Post
I'll make tomorrow's GDT thread, okay guys?
No, not okay.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
No, not okay.
Seconded.

Borro will be making the gdt tomorrow.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Make sure you get in early. Those season ticket cards are making it take forever to get through the door (for everyone, not just season ticket holders). Think 5-10 extra seconds per season ticket holder.
I cannot believe they have implemented a system that will actually kill pregame concession sales.

Really, I hope you season ticket holders complain early and often, to pave the way for me when I make my grand entry.