HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 11:10 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Actually RFA's can. They just can't do it in the NHL. They are free to leave the NHL and get a deskjob, or a job in another country, etc. etc.

It's no different than in the real world. Most high profile companies have clauses that don't allow you to work for a competing company within say a year of your job with them etc.
yes they can, none of these jobs wouild get them the same money as a NHLrer though.

while in other fields (there's exceptions though) you could very well quit and go work elsewhere for a higher salary.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I am not the only one complaining about Habs' management. The philosophical bridge contract is just stupid. Since when a team supporter is not allowed to show his/her dissatifaction. Do I have to support Rejean Houles? Do I have to agree with Gainey's principle of no contract talk during the season? I rest my case.
keep complaining, if it's suit you.... it's not going to change anything..... i'm sad for you....

Old
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sounds a whole lot like Higgins and McDonagh for Gomez and Pyatt.

Give your head a shake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Yeah we're only giving up a top defenseman instead of a top prospect..
Are you guys comparing Gomez and Benn... really ??

Benn for Subban is as fair a trade as you can make... problem is, who would replace Subban at D ???

Old
Mario Lemieux fan 66

Subban could became a great player if his shot accuracy was better and if he stops being a selfish player by trying to do everything by himself instead of making an easy pass to an all alone teamate.

Right now if i am Bergevin my two final offers are 9 millions for a 2 years contract or 40 millions for an 8 years contract.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
Umm, are you sure about that? Yes, his two best years with 67, 58 pts were with McCabe, yet he still got 53pts on a year mostly without McCabe, and he has been about a 40pt D for over 10 years...

McCabe on the other hand, other than 5-6 seasons (2-3 in TO, 2 in Florida) has been a 25-30pt player in the span of almost 2 decades...

If anything it was McCabe that benefited the most by playing with Kaberle, not the other way around.

Fact of the matter is, Kaberle has always produced no matter who he played with his whole career. McCabe, not so much.
Well, Kaberle is making 4.25 now. He was never great in his own end and at his best was a one dimensional blueliner. Now he's old and used up. PK's a hell of a lot better than Kaberle.

If PK is hellbent on getting a longterm deal, give it to him. 5.5 per at 7 years just like Tyler Myers. I don't think that's outrageous and by the end of that contract he'd probably be a bargain.

I really hope something gets done this week.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
DenverHabsFan

From what I read, I don't think Jamie Benn wants a bridge contract either.

Old
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Lemieux fan 66 View Post
Subban could became a great player if his shot accuracy was better and if he stops being a selfish player by trying to do everything by himself instead of making an easy pass to an all alone teamate.

Right now if i am Bergevin my two final offers are 9 millions for a 2 years contract or 40 millions for an 8 years contract.
Is trying to do everything a selfish player or a young one that still hasn't learned the easier, more effective way of playing?

Old
le_sean

Get Benn up in hurr. Let him centre Patches and Cole and just tear this division a new *******.

Old
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
worked in various field, even did management for big corp for years, and not even once I was asked (in a contract for example) not to do certain things after I leave. ALWAYS had the option to quit, ALWAYS had the option to do whatever I want once I was gone.
Non-competition clauses are standard in contracts in most businesses. Not sure where you worked or how important your position was.

Old
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
For a young legit 1st line centre with size, who's younger than the defenseman we're giving away.

I'd pull the trigger (but would need to know what type of contract Benn would ask once traded).

Old
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
worked in various field, even did management for big corp for years, and not even once I was asked (in a contract for example) not to do certain things after I leave. ALWAYS had the option to quit, ALWAYS had the option to do whatever I want once I was gone.
There are fields where you do sign a contract that stipulates that you can not quite and join particular competitors, though I believe a lot of them have a period (like say 2 years) that they aren't allowed to do so and not some permanent ban from said competitor.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:15 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Right, and getting a top forward in return.

Old
fufonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Get Benn up in hurr. Let him centre Patches and Cole and just tear this division a new *******.
That would be retarded. That would be one hell of a power line.

Old
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. You quoted me but you are directing your comment to someone else? I'm defending someone else? I was only responding to something you said.
something i said to somebody else. the person i quoted.

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Are you guys comparing Gomez and Benn... really ??

Benn for Subban is as fair a trade as you can make... problem is, who would replace Subban at D ???
Its not a comparison of Gomez to Subban, its the impact of the trade could end up being as bad as the Gomez one.

What would be the point of trading Subban for another guy who is holding out?? Also Benn has made a point about preferring to play away from Canada due to less pressure, I highly doubt he'd like the pressure of getting traded to a big market like Montreal and having to replace a fan favorite in Subban.

And exactly, how are you going to find someone to replace Subban on D?? The only trade that would make sense with Subban is for another young top pairing defenseman who could play any situation, but no team would do that trade since it would be a sideways step for them.

Old
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, Kaberle is making 4.25 now. He was never great in his own end and at his best was a one dimensional blueliner. Now he's old and used up. PK's a hell of a lot better than Kaberle.

If PK is hellbent on getting a longterm deal, give it to him. 5.5 per at 7 years just like Tyler Myers. I don't think that's outrageous and by the end of that contract he'd probably be a bargain.

I really hope something gets done this week.
This. I do not see any thing wrong with multi years deal at 5- 5.5.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:16 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Are you comparing Gomez to Benn??? you should give your head a shake....
We're giving away a 60 pt player and a top defenseman for one player. That's a ****ing atrocious move.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Its not a comparison of Gomez to Subban, its the impact of the trade could end up being as bad as the Gomez one.

What would be the point of trading Subban for another guy who is holding out?? Also Benn has made a point about preferring to play away from Canada due to less pressure, I highly doubt he'd like the pressure of getting traded to a big market like Montreal and having to replace a fan favorite in Subban.

And exactly, how are you going to find someone to replace Subban on D??
Replacing Subban is not a problem, replacing him with somebody with the same capacity and qualities, that is much harder i'll give you that...

Old
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
Non-competition clauses are standard in contracts in most businesses. Not sure where you worked or how important your position was.
one of the biggest corp in the country.

managing "special projects", developpement.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
fufonzo

Quote:

And exactly, how are you going to find someone to replace Subban on D?? The only trade that would make sense with Subban is for another young top pairing defenseman who could play any situation, but no team would do that trade since it would be a sideways step for them.
We don't necessarily have a shortage of puck-moving defensemen. Plus with Beaulieu and Ellis doing well in Hamilton, it's not like we'd be hand-cuffing ourselves long-term.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of PK - as much for how good he is as for the entertainment value he brings, but it's not looking great for him signing and if we can get Benn in return, then I think we do it - provided Benn would sign here at something reasonable.

Old
Halifaxhab

Squirrel!

Old
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
This. I do not see any thing wrong with multi years deal at 5- 5.5.
Generally speaking, I'll be cool with that.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
We're giving away a 60 pt player and a top defenseman for one player. That's a ****ing atrocious move.
what 60 points player?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Not that I would complain about getting Benn...but isn't Benn having a similar contractual problem as Subban? I.e. not signed, holding out.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:21 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
We don't necessarily have a shortage of puck-moving defensemen. Plus with Beaulieu and Ellis doing well in Hamilton, it's not like we'd be hand-cuffing ourselves long-term.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of PK - as much for how good he is as for the entertainment value he brings, but it's not looking great for him signing and if we can get Benn in return, then I think we do it - provided Benn would sign here at something reasonable.
If you talk about Couturier from the Flyers then I understand. Benn is another hold out just like PK.

Closed Thread