HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
  #526
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
When Eller was acquired, our center depth wasn't all that great. Desharnais wasn't part of the plans. We had Gomez and Plekanec, with Plek heading into free agency.

I don't get this whole "he was never given a chance". He has played multiple 20+ mins games over the years and has been used in important roles many times. Just not offensive roles all that much. Mostly because he has never shown he could take a game over offensively except once against Winnipeg.

I hope he steps up this year. But he will have to show he's able to do it before he's given DD or Plekanec spot.
I seriously believe that with the role and TOI he was given last season, he did prove himself... 16G with his role.. you guys can't expect more!!

So in context to what allot of you guys expect from him, no I don't think he has been given the chance...

He is sound defensively, so no complaints there... Im not saying Lars is some wonderkid, But I sure as hell don't like that so many Habs fans are jumping on the Lars Eller as scapegoat bandwaggon, after you won a game without him...

Sorry if im offending anyone, not my intention..

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:57 AM
  #527
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I dont think weve been watching the same rds. They arn't bashing eller like that...
You know RDS just needs a scapegoat. Now that AK is gone its Eller. They said he was out of shape and soft...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Makes me wonder why in the HE*L you guys traded for him? It never really looked liked like theres was room for him?

Im not really digging the way some are trash talking Eller, there are a few loverboys out there, but as I see it, far too many of you are in a hurry to blame it on Eller...

Especially after you guys won a game without him, pure hypocrisy.

I don't care what anyone says, NO he has not proven himself, but he has NEVER been given the chance, any Habs fan that thinks differently, either just don't like Eller, or you are being stubborn!

He will never be given a chance to shine for you guys, as I mentioned in an earlier post, Gally is much more talented, and thus will have a longer leash and given more responsibility early on.. Before Eller was traded to the Habs, he would pass the puck, shoot, score for the national team and so on.. Ever since he joined you, he has become a puck hogger for some reason even on the national team...

Again im not bashing your team, or management this is not Montreals fault, nor Ellers it is just pure bad luck..

Danish media are already speculating in an Eller trade or a move to Europe..

I say let him go, PLEASE for Danish Hockey!!!

Please take no offence
I don't get why you'd want him back in your country.. And even in Europe.. He's good enough for the big league, let him play there ? He could be a 2C in many cities. (Unlike what some think...) And you should bash our management. Eller has been handled poorly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
If that is true, then I am disgusted, always thought Canadian media was fair at least against their own teams.. But this is ridiculous..

Jesus Lars, get outta this mad house NOW!!!!

Unlike some nations, we cant afford to have a player ruined by a confused organization!
Yep, Habs media are like that. Unless you're french. If you are then you're a demi-god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
When Eller was acquired, our center depth wasn't all that great. Desharnais wasn't part of the plans. We had Gomez and Plekanec, with Plek heading into free agency.

I don't get this whole "he was never given a chance". He has played multiple 20+ mins games over the years and has been used in important roles many times. Just not offensive roles all that much. Mostly because he has never shown he could take a game over offensively except once against Winnipeg.

I hope he steps up this year. But he will have to show he's able to do it before he's given DD or Plekanec spot.
You said it yourself...
Giving the chance to a player is an offensive chance. He never had a sustained one.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:03 AM
  #528
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
You know RDS just needs a scapegoat. Now that AK is gone its Eller. They said he was out of shape and soft...

I don't get why you'd want him back in your country.. And even in Europe.. He's good enough for the big league, let him play there ? He could be a 2C in many cities. (Unlike what some think...) And you should bash our management. Eller has been handled poorly.

Yep, Habs media are like that. Unless you're french. If you are then you're a demi-god.


You said it yourself...
Giving the chance to a player is an offensive chance. He never had a sustained one.
Well I don't wan't him back in Denmark... NO WAY!! But the SEL or KHL would be profitable for the danish national team, as he would be available to play in the OG Qual's in the future..

He would also get a chance to shine... I also think he has what it takes, but as I said, I dont see him being traded and he is not given the chance on the Habs...

Sooo I think his NHL career will end before it even starts!

Well color me dissapointed at RDS!!!


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-24-2013 at 11:30 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:53 AM
  #529
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Well I don't wan't him back in Denmark... NO WAY!! But the SEL or KHL would be profitable for the danish national team, as he would be available to play in the OG Qual's in the future..

He would also get a chance to shine... I also think he has what it takes, but as I said, I dont see him being traded and he is not given the chance on the Habs...

Sooo I think his NHL career will end before it even starts!

Well color me dissapointed at RDS!!!
Unless he can find a 2C spot somewhere. A possibility is New York Islanders, maybe in some trade with Nino Niederreiter.
For Islanders Frans Nielsen can be moved from 2C to 3C and Lars Ellers playing 2C at least until Ryan Strome is more ready for that spot. As you often do in soccer clubs (especially Holland knows that - long tradition for it in Ajax) when you bring danish players together on the team they generally play better.
Niederreiter would bring a lot of offensive bulk to a lightweight Montreal.
Islanders would though probably try to get more than just Eller for him, but if Niederreiter really wants to leave...then its businessmans-tactics

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:11 PM
  #530
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Unless he can find a 2C spot somewhere. A possibility is New York Islanders, maybe in some trade with Nino Niederreiter.
For Islanders Frans Nielsen can be moved from 2C to 3C and Lars Ellers playing 2C at least until Ryan Strome is more ready for that spot. As you often do in soccer clubs (especially Holland knows that - long tradition for it in Ajax) when you bring danish players together on the team they generally play better.
Niederreiter would bring a lot of offensive bulk to a lightweight Montreal.
Islanders would though probably try to get more than just Eller for him, but if Niederreiter really wants to leave...then its businessmans-tactics
On another note:

I feel so sorry for the Isles, no one wants to play there.....

I just don't see any team taking a chance with him on 2c over a long period..

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:24 PM
  #531
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Well I don't wan't him back in Denmark... NO WAY!! But the SEL or KHL would be profitable for the danish national team, as he would be available to play in the OG Qual's in the future..

He would also get a chance to shine... I also think he has what it takes, but as I said, I dont see him being traded and he is not given the chance on the Habs...

Sooo I think his NHL career will end before it even starts!

Well color me dissapointed at RDS!!!
RDS is a tv channel. They have no say in what the Canadiens do.

Eller's fine. You're way overreacting. Good players sat before him, good players will sit games in the future.

It's just 2 games.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:27 PM
  #532
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
On another note:

I feel so sorry for the Isles, no one wants to play there.....

I just don't see any team taking a chance with him on 2c over a long period..
It's their own fault. No sympathy at all for that franchise.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
  #533
Dada
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 305
vCash: 500
Wow,too much hate against Eller around here

Dada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
  #534
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
RDS is a tv channel. They have no say in what the Canadiens do.

Eller's fine. You're way overreacting. Good players sat before him, good players will sit games in the future.

It's just 2 games.
As I said, im not blaming your franchise

I was voicing my opinion on RDS as seperate thing from the Canadiens..

I hope I am overreacting, I just don't see Eller get the chance... Sadly so..
It's not just that he is sitting two or more games, it's just the way he has been used, he is not utilized to his best and never will be in Montreal imo.



Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
It's their own fault. No sympathy at all for that franchise.
Ok - Well then I feel sorry for their fans, hardly their fault...


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 01-24-2013 at 01:30 PM.
ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
  #535
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
It's just 2 games.
You mean 4% of the season.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
  #536
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,784
vCash: 500
If going forward this season, our organisation feel more confortable with Galchenyuk as the third line center, we might trade Eller.

A trade i would look for, is Eller vs Kassian. Dreger said yesterday that Vancouver is looking for a young center and the Habs need a powerforward with skill + meanstreak for years.

That would be fair.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
  #537
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If going forward this season, our organisation feel more confortable with Galchenyuk as the third line center, we might trade Eller.

A trade i would look for, is Eller vs Kassian. Dreger said yesterday that Vancouver is looking for a young center and the Habs need a powerforward with skill + meanstreak for years.

That would be fair.
IMO Kassian is untouchable, we just got the kid

Jensen/Kassian - Gaunce - Kassian/Jensen is a future line for us

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:58 PM
  #538
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Wow,too much hate against Eller around here
Don't use that word.

A big majority likes Eller. But they are not overating him.

I want him back on the line up a.s.a.p, but where he belongs, asva winger on the top-two lines or as a center on one of the two. Bottom lines.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:12 PM
  #539
warsawyak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Warsaw, PL
Country: Poland
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure where you saw that my post was directed to you. But if you ended up bashing DD or sending him in the pressbox to make room for Eller so then yes it was directed towards you and others. If not...it wasn't. As far as messages that are directed towards everybody on a team....Seriously? Since when would a guy, especially a coach with his 2nd and surely last stint in the NHL would send in the pressbox some vets to get a message through? If he does, the "message" would be that he's an incompetent that would actually lose his dressing room the fastest in sports history.
If you call David Desharnais a 'vet' after his one full season as a Montreal Canadien, than Lars Eller should be called a 'seasoned vet', as he has two full seasons as a Hab under his belt.

warsawyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:27 PM
  #540
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by warsawyak View Post
If you call David Desharnais a 'vet' after his one full season as a Montreal Canadien, than Lars Eller should be called a 'seasoned vet', as he has two full seasons as a Hab under his belt.
He probably should have been in the AHL his first year though.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
  #541
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Wow,too much hate against Eller around here
Most around here love Eller and have been defending him since day 1 but besides that 1 game against the Jets he hasn't been spectacular and shouldn't be pencilled in for every game. He has plenty of work to do

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
  #542
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,597
vCash: 500
Ultimately, Eller has played very well for the Canadiens given the role he was put into it, his production is solid and respectable given his linemates, quality of opposition, zone starts, and ice time. He also showed substantial improvement between his first and second season.

However, I'm more and more resigning myself to the reality that current Habs management may very well be vastly more incompetent than even the previous managements. We may very well lose both Lars Eller and PK Subban. Unless this is all an illusion, It will be several long years in the basement of the eastern conference before Marc Bergevin is fired by Geoff Molson.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
  #543
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Ultimately, Eller has played very well for the Canadiens given the role he was put into it, his production is solid and respectable given his linemates, quality of opposition, zone starts, and ice time. He also showed substantial improvement between his first and second season.

However, I'm more and more resigning myself to the reality that current Habs management may very well be vastly more incompetent than even the previous managements. We may very well lose both Lars Eller and PK Subban. Unless this is all an illusion, It will be several long years in the basement of the eastern conference before Marc Bergevin is fired by Geoff Molson.
What?

Why would we lose Eller? I think he will play great under Therrien, probably will play with much more intensity and be much more effective.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
  #544
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Ultimately, Eller has played very well for the Canadiens given the role he was put into it, his production is solid and respectable given his linemates, quality of opposition, zone starts, and ice time. He also showed substantial improvement between his first and second season.

However, I'm more and more resigning myself to the reality that current Habs management may very well be vastly more incompetent than even the previous managements. We may very well lose both Lars Eller and PK Subban. Unless this is all an illusion, It will be several long years in the basement of the eastern conference before Marc Bergevin is fired by Geoff Molson.
Holy overreaction.

Bergevin barely made any moves. He may end up being a total catastrophe, but maybe wait a bit more than one week into his first season as a GM?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
  #545
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Holy overreaction.

Bergevin barely made any moves. He may end up being a total catastrophe, but maybe wait a bit more than one week into his first season as a GM?
He's not a week into his job, he's had his job since last summer. Thus far I don't like what I've seen of him.

I'd love to be wrong, but he's off to a bad start in my opinion.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
  #546
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,436
vCash: 500
I don't like this situation as I don't feel DD is a long term top 2 centre option. Trading Eller now would be a mistake, he needs to be put into the top 2 lines with decent linemates if we expect him to play to such levels.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
  #547
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
He's not a week into his job, he's had his job since last summer. Thus far I don't like what I've seen of him.

I'd love to be wrong, but he's off to a bad start in my opinion.
He couldn't do nothing when the lockout was on.

If he trades Subban and get an horrible return i guess it will cost him his job, it's a lot more safe to sign him.

On Eller one of the 3 centers is gonna have to be traded, Eller fits the profile as a scape goat but still since he was traded for Halak he must hold more value to the organisation or it would have mean they did a bad trade with St louis ( which they did should have asked for Oshie or Berglund but whatever)

I like Eller a lot and i think he can be a 2nd line center but maybe because he is shy coach think he lacks intensity, for what i have seen him play the last 2 years he had some good nights and some bad nights just like everyone but he was never soft, always battled for the puck and played a reliable defensive game.

This kid deserves to play.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:46 PM
  #548
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
He couldn't do nothing when the lockout was on.

If he trades Subban and get an horrible return i guess it will cost him his job, it's a lot more safe to sign him.

On Eller one of the 3 centers is gonna have to be traded, Eller fits the profile as a scape goat but still since he was traded for Halak he must hold more value to the organisation or it would have mean they did a bad trade with St louis ( which they did should have asked for Oshie or Berglund but whatever)

I like Eller a lot and i think he can be a 2nd line center but maybe because he is shy coach think he lacks intensity, for what i have seen him play the last 2 years he had some good nights and some bad nights just like everyone but he was never soft, always battled for the puck and played a reliable defensive game.

This kid deserves to play.
Trade Oshie for a journeyman Goaltender ? Who wasnt even signed ?
We got a good return. Eller was a top pick in his draft and had/has plenty of promise. Now will he develop into a second liner ? I doubt it. But it's not because of PG actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I don't like this situation as I don't feel DD is a long term top 2 centre option. Trading Eller now would be a mistake, he needs to be put into the top 2 lines with decent linemates if we expect him to play to such levels.
Well better trade him right now than see him become Kostitsyn II

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:48 PM
  #549
firewagon77*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
Bergevin rebuild the team that's why they brought you in to repair the damage of gainey and gauthier,start trading Cole,Gionta,Markov go and pick up some size like niederreiter,some centers like kuznetsov and coyle some draft picks,so far bergevin your performance gets a CF complete failure.

firewagon77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:23 PM
  #550
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,643
vCash: 500
The correct role for Eller to help the team win is in some kind of depth defensive role behind Plekanec and lots of penalty kill time.

But people shouldn't compare his bottom line time to that of Desharnais or now Galchenyuk. Those two played in a depth offense role, given an offensive winger and sent out in offensive situations to get scoring away from the top lines.

Desharnais had Pouliot and Darche, two depth offensive players that have consistently scored at a top 6 pace on ES in supporting roles on offense. The only comparable guy Eller got was Kostitsyn and they had no problems scoring together. Heck, Leblanc on a call up had decent production with Eller.If your top linemate is Moen, your set to be good defensively but you're not going to score at a good clip.

Just because a line is listed 3rd or 4th in the depth chart doesn't mean their roles are the same.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.