HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres at Hurricanes: Here's Your God Damn Police Report Edition-Sabres at Hurricanes

Old
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal View Post
We will get blown out tonight, Ellis will start tomorrow and Sanguinetti will replace McBain, and after we win this board will commence a two month long argument over whether Ellis or McBain was responsible for the turnaround.

EDIT: Nevermind then.

You're on your A game today... well done

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Although that does push Sangs with Harrison... That worked well LOL

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

I can't stop watching that gif.

When we're down by 3 at the end of the first tonight, I'll go back to that gif and laugh.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:26 AM
Oenatzu
Chad-in-the-Box

Now if we could only figure out a move to pull Sanguinetti out of the lineup we might even have a decent group of defensemen..

Oenatzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Boom Boom Aho
Sooo Good

While I'm no fan of Corvo, I'm a bit surprised that he is out and Sanguinetti is in. To me, Sanguinetti has been the worst defender on the team through 2 games.

Boom Boom Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
While I'm no fan of Corvo, I'm a bit surprised that he is out and Sanguinetti is in. To me, Sanguinetti has been the worst defender on the team through 2 games.
Agreed. Corvo, at the very least, has been good on the PP.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
AD Skinner

I remember one awesome keep-in on the powerplay against TB when I said, "Nice keep Corvo". I don't remember ever associating "good" "nice" or any other synonym with Sanguinetti.

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Blueline Bomber
From the Blueline

I've associated those words with Sangs, usually yelling at him through the TV.

"Good god, I can't watch this"
"Nice to see Sangs hasn't changed much since his Rangers days"

Fact of the day: The Rangers took Sanguinetti ahead of Giroux in the draft. Yeah...

Old
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

vCash: 50
McBain in for Corvo, now we just need AHL All-Star Jordan in for Sangs and we're all good...

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Isn't Sanguinetti like 25? They need to find out if they have anything in him or just stash him in Charlotte before letting him walk. He's only played like 3 NHL games, though that should be an indictment itself.

I too thought Corvo had some use on the PP, but McBain needs to play.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
rj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Ok, I'll bite. How can you tell?
Well they're 4-wide going down a backstretch, meaning it's a restrictor plate race, and those are only Talladega, Alabama, and Daytona Beach, Florida. It's Talladega because Aaron's is on the wall and they sponsor one of the two Talladega races.

rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
bleedgreen

Corvo gets benched over sangs. Ouch. Probably fair as they've both suck but sangs is being given his big shot. Ain't easy being Pitts partner either. Hopefully mcbain shows he still deserves a spot.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj View Post
Well they're 4-wide going down a backstretch, meaning it's a restrictor plate race, and those are only Talladega, Alabama, and Daytona Beach, Florida. It's Talladega because Aaron's is on the wall and they sponsor one of the two Talladega races.
Everything a condescending Buffalo fan has ever said about NASCAR loving Canes fans has come true...

Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
Corvo gets benched over sangs. Ouch. Probably fair as they've both suck but sangs is being given his big shot. Ain't easy being Pitts partner either. Hopefully mcbain shows he still deserves a spot.
What happened to suggest otherwise? I want to know why he's being benched, it makes no sense. Coming into the year before "training camp" I would've considered him our #4 D after Pits, Gleason, and Faulk. Faulk's obviously been the #1, with Gleason, Pits, and Harrison following, but McBain must've hit his head pretty hard during the lockout if he's worse than what Corvo or Sangs is putting out there right now.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
AD Skinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj View Post

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
garnetpalmetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. That's too bad about the Mecca, but I'd rather be the bearer of bad news than a full stomach of mediocre food.

Gonna pick up some hipster honeys with my refined northeast irony, I'm sure you won't miss them?
No problem. Like Gotta Catch Em Staal said, I like that the place is around, but the food really is just mediocre. Of the places I recommended the closest in terms of cuisine is Beasley's which is actually good and owned by Ashley Christensen who's making a name for herself in culinary circles - got nominated for a James Beard this past year, went on Iron Chef America (where she lost to Bobby Flay), has opened 3 new restaurant concepts (Beasley's, Chuck's, and Fox Liquor Bar) with a 4th on the way. They're open late so if you don't make it before the game, you can try to go after. The Pimento Cheese Mac-n-Cheese is amazing and it goes great with a quarter fried chicken and a Fullsteam Honey White.

Take all the hipsters you'd like. They're in Durham, though, not Raleigh. Head over to Fullsteam Brewery and you'll be in a target rich environment. I'm sure they'd find it wonderfully ironic to abandon the Sunbelt for the Rustbelt and will fall on their backs, Tom's in the air, before you can say the name of a band nobody's ever heard of.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:59 AM
totaltank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminal Velocity View Post
Chip Alexander ‏@ice_chip

The D pairs: Faulk-Gleason, Corvo-Harrison, Pitkanen-Sanguinetti

dear god... Sangs with Pitk?????????????????????? Holy crap... Have we become idiots?
Here's the thing. We have three defensemen who probably fit in the bottom 1 percent of NHL defensemen (Corvo, Sanguinetti, Harrison), so if we put two competent guys together in any pairing (and I'm being very liberal with my use of the word "competent"), we're going to end up with a pairing from hell.

Of course, in this instance, it looks like we have TWO pairings from hell. I'm pretty sure there's no way Harrison/Corvo get out of their own zone without the linesman plucking the puck out of the net.

totaltank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
ncrunnerrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
This is something I've been thinking about a LOT lately, especially since McBain's deer-in-headlights look when they plastered his face up on the video screen during player introductions Tuesday night. He looked like he had just wandered in off of the street by accident through an unguarded tunnel and wound up behind the bench.

His former Storm Squad member girlfriend, however, is reportedly pleased to be sitting with fellow WAGs, which may go far in explaining McBain's decline in productivity, motivation, ambition, preparation, or whatever the **** his problem is.

Maybe Muller needs to consult a college football coach to get a better grasp on how to handle "girl troubles."
Lol, know of her. Gold digger x 10.

Don't know if I see McBain fixing the issues though. Not like he's gonna be able to fix all the defensive issues the Canes have, need some more significant personnel shakeup on the blue line.

ncrunnerrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
NEVER 4GET

I went to Beasley's for the first time when I visited last month. Oh man was it good.

01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
MARCUS FOLlGNO PHD
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
The Pimento Cheese Mac-n-Cheese is amazing and it goes great with a quarter fried chicken and a Fullsteam Honey White.

MARCUS FOLlGNO PHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:07 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Dubinchuk View Post
What happened to suggest otherwise? I want to know why he's being benched, it makes no sense. Coming into the year before "training camp" I would've considered him our #4 D after Pits, Gleason, and Faulk. Faulk's obviously been the #1, with Gleason, Pits, and Harrison following, but McBain must've hit his head pretty hard during the lockout if he's worse than what Corvo or Sangs is putting out there right now.
Oh I agree fully. I didnt understand why he got benched early last year either. He's a homegrown guy with a few years experience who's come a long way in his own end. Last year they were hot to try joslin, this year sangs. Mcbain is better than both, and I fully agree he looked to be a top 4 guy coming in this season. He gets hurt more by Corvo's arrival than sangs to me. Sangs was likely to be a 5/6, whereas Corvo is thought to be a 3/4 here and that's where mcbain should've been sitting.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

You guys are too funny

Good luck tonight, and tomorrow.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:24 AM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Clay Aiken is sounding the warning siren tonight.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Oenatzu
Chad-in-the-Box

Sabres will start with Jhonas Enroth in net.

Oenatzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Anton Dubinchuk
go perds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenatzu View Post
Sabres will start with Jhonas Enroth in net.
Shutout.

5-0 loss.