HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL in 5 years?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
kajoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
TV-deal - I agree that coverage is not ideal at SportTV. I wrote earlier why KHL sold rights to this tv. Find my posts. If Slovan games are top secret for Slovan fans, so fans are not educated enough. I can not blame them. Education is a job of club/mainstream media. Btw, Slovan ILEGALLY copy+paste an article of webhokej24.sk how to use khl gamecenter. What do you think about it??? Btw, it is not working.. how can KHL club offer a service to fans which is not working?? No verification? Who works for Slovan?? Why does not club inform fans how to watch its games?? Ohhh, KHL is to blame, not Slovan!!
vorky, weīre already beating the dead horse. Hereīs why you are completely off now:

letīs sum it up:
  • KHL signed deal with Sport1/2
  • Sport TV decided to put Slovan games on Sport2 channel that covers like 5% of all households

In normal world, itīs usually TVs responsbility to promote their own business activities (like televising games f.e.) because they need to draw as many viewers as possible, to increase their rankings and attract more comercials money. They need to make neough money to cover their initial costs for purchasing TV rights plus something more, to make profit, because generating profit is main purpose of doing business.

I see no reason why HC Slovan Bratislava should waste their resources for promoting private business they have nothing to do with. Itīs private TV that decided to invest into this business by purchasing TV rights for Slovanīs KHL games, and they have full right not only to make money, but also lose money by not capitalising on their investment, as it imo happens nowadays. I dont believe that with such a poor coverage they get back half as much they paid for.

Putting any blame on club is really a lame excuse for someoneīs else bad decision, whether it was KHLīs or TVs bad decision. Slovan have nothing to do with it.

Last edited by kajoo: 01-24-2013 at 11:34 AM.
kajoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:38 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

kajoo

I am not saying about promotion of TV broadcasting by Slovan, but about khl website gamecenter. We all know that it is difficult for Slovaks, in russian etc. It is Slovanīs duty to explain it to its fans. No, Slovan just copy+paste an article of webhokej24.sk.

TV - it is Slovanīs interest, as KHL club, to promote local broadcaster (SportTV). More money from TV rights, more money for KHL, more money (directly or not) for Slovan. I agree, SportTV should promote yourself first, no doubt

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
vorky, weīre already beating the dead horse. Hereīs why you are completely off now:

letīs sum it up:
  • KHL signed deal with Sport1/2
  • Sport TV decided to put Slovan games on Sport2 channel that covers like 5% of all households

In normal world, itīs usually TVs responsbility to promote their own business activities (like televising games f.e.) because they need to draw as many viewers as possible, to increase their rankings and attract more comercials money. They need to make neough money to cover their initial costs for purchasing TV rights plus something more, to make profit, because generating profit is main purpose of doing business.

I see no reason why HC Slovan Bratislava should waste their resources for promoting private business they have nothing to do with. Itīs private TV that decided to invest into this business by purchasing TV rights for Slovanīs KHL games, and they have full right not only to make money, but also lose money by not capitalising on their investment, as it imo happens nowadays. I dont believe that with such a poor coverage they get back half as much they paid for.

Putting any blame on club is really a lame excuse for someoneīs else bad decision, whether it was KHLīs or TVs bad decision. Slovan have nothing to do with it.
Vorky works for KHL, don't even think he/she'll admit to something being wrong with the league. It's always the fault of club or fans. I've had to witness at firsthand in Finland when a league effs up the tv broadcasting, shame you guys have to endure it as well.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:09 PM
kajoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
kajoo

I am not saying about promotion of TV broadcasting by Slovan, but about khl website gamecenter. We all know that it is difficult for Slovaks, in russian etc. It is Slovanīs duty to explain it to its fans. No, Slovan just copy+paste an article of webhokej24.sk.

TV - it is Slovanīs interest, as KHL club, to promote local broadcaster (SportTV). More money from TV rights, more money for KHL, more money (directly or not) for Slovan. I agree, SportTV should promote yourself first, no doubt
agreed about KHLs gamecenter, Slovanīs www contains KHLs top bar where is link to tv.khl.ru

here Slovan informs fans where to watch games

Old
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
agreed about KHLs gamecenter, Slovanīs www contains KHLs top bar where is link to tv.khl.ru
I am giving up, pointless to expain you something. Btw, this top bar has nothing to do with Slovan. It is clubīs duty to have it. It was not decision of club to adopt it or not.

Quote:
here Slovan informs fans where to watch games
This is not PROMOTION in my eyes. It is basic duty of club.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:38 PM
kajoo

thats why I used term "informs" and not "promotes"

what case you gonna rest ffs, I just agreed with you.

Old
02-06-2013, 05:53 PM
HugoSimon

In five I can`t say, but in 10 I think the khl will be the dominate force in hockey in europe.

In 20 the biggest sports league in europe.

In 30 the biggest hockey league in the world.

HugoSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:05 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Hope I am in right thread

I just read this. It is not possible to translate it, so just headlines.

- Kuznetsov, Tarasenko (not anymore), Buchnevich, Filonenko has KHL financial grants (+ salary from club). I have no idea if more kids has grant, Shalayev named only those.

- KHL wants to adopt ice surface 56 or 58 x 28 m in far future.

- minimal requirements for arenas will be tougher after Sochi (3-5 yrs from now). Minimal capacity around 7000 instead of 5500. Arenas of Spartak, Vityaz, Barys wont be allowed in KHL - so VHL or new arena.

- KHL wants to organise Winter classic, but international IIHF calendar does not allow it now. maybe future.

- KHL would like to publish budgets and playerīs salaries but russian law does not allow it (only if player agree, which he/KHLPTU does not)

- max of salary cap (1,1 bio rubles) should not change in next seasons.

- KHL has been following best european refs, have scouted 8-9 of them and wants to hire them for next season. Not all. This season only finnish ref Ronn works in KHL

- Future of euro hockey is in integration acc.to Shalayev. "If we (Europeans) dont integrate to make great league, we will become NHL feeder, which we dont want."

- the rules which obligated clubs to skate 2 juniors will be abandoned.

- KHL wants to hire air company/ies which will be carrier of KHL clubs. But russian ministry did not allow non-russian company to do this job and russian companies are not possible to do it for all clubs.