HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Madevilz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Who cares what he made last year. Crosby went from 850k to 5 years and 43.5 mil, so a 1,000+% raise.

Subban was underpaid last year. The habs initial offer was 2 years 5.4 mil which is a lowball offer.
Crosby already put up All star numbers by his 2nd contract.
lol@ comparing Subban to Crosby.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
That and good defensemen are harder to come by. If I was offered Benn for PK straight up I'd certainly think about it, but probably end up keeping the D-man in the end. Can't have to strong a defense.
If Goligoski is worth Neal and Niskanen, then Subban is worth more than Benn.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Who cares what he made last year. Crosby went from 850k to 5 years and 43.5 mil, so a 1,000+% raise.

Subban was underpaid last year. The habs initial offer was 2 years 5.4 mil which is a lowball offer.
2.7 for a first offer is not lowballing unless PK ask for 5.5-6 which he is not worthed....

you negociated, settle around 3.25-3.5 that's it....

Old
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Caller on Team 690 minutes ago

"PK Subban's attitude reminds me of Terrell Owens and Randy Moss"

Now, I just want to point out...the caller didn't think of comparing PK Subban's attitude to other known cocky hockey players such as Jeremy Roenick, or Brett Hull...instead, he crossed into another sport, football, to compare him to 2 reknown 'me first' type of players...

As I said earlier...you can ignore certain issues all you want and act like they don't exist...but they're always there, right beneath the surface

Old
01-24-2013, 11:36 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

great comparison...

Old
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
it has been stated numerous times that benn wants a contract between 3 and 5 years.
3 years? Would that be a problem? Nop. 6 is.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
If Goligoski is worth Neal and Niskanen, then Subban is worth more than Benn.
Or they won't make the same mistake twice.

That was at the trade deadline too though if I remember correctly right? Might be wrong.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:37 AM
FinnHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
I really cant believe that somebody compares Subban to Crosby

Old
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Couturier and Schenn for PK and Weber.
We'd need another big time defenceman in return. I really don't see a trade out there. Philly doesn't have a good dman to trade. Detroit has some decent pieces to offer with Smith, Nyquist, Ouellet, Tatar... but I see any deal with them as a three quarters for a dollar kind of trade, they still get the best player in the deal by a mile. Minnesota could put together a good package, but they don't have the cap space to work with.

The only way a Couturier trade makes sense is if you believe Beaulieu will be a #1 dman, or if you believe the Habs will be acquire to acquire one. I don't hold either of these beliefs.

Old
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

Now, I just want to point out...the caller didn't think of comparing PK Subban's attitude to other known cocky hockey players such as Jeremy Roenick, or Brett Hull...instead, he crossed into another sport, football, to compare him to 2 reknown 'me first' type of players...

As I said earlier...you can ignore certain issues all you want and act like they don't exist...but they're always there, right beneath the surface
Anybody who denies this is kidding themselves.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
I wasn't comparing the players.

Just pointing out how dumb it is to bring up Subban's 11-12 salary as a measuring stick of what he should get. Or how much X$ is a raise over last yer. It has ZERO relevance in the negotiations.

Does the fact that Gomez started out at 10 mil/year with the Rangers have any bearing on what he is worth now or next summer as a UFA?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:38 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Or more accurately, two players who share Subban's skin color. I mean, come on. You honestly don't think that was his intention? Why not compare him to the two white hockey players who are in identical situations as Subban and are also holding out?

Old
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
3 years? Would that be a problem? Nop. 6 is.
It would be a problem if your GM is insisting on a 2yr bridge

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
I really cant believe that somebody compares Subban to Crosby
You realize that there are many players who have gone from entry level contracts to long term deals and bypassed the 'bridge contract', right?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
3X what he was making last year, how is that an insult ?
His cap was likely more than that or equivalent due to bonuses. Also, it's insulting because that is not a fair market price for what Subban brings to your team. Find me a team, in the league, who has a young defenseman on their top pairing, playing 20+ minutes a night, for the past two seasons, and has them signed for 3 million or a number near that? ELC's excluded.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:39 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Or more accurately, two players who share Subban's skin color.
DANGER DANGER... watch out doctor Smith !!!

Old
01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I wasn't comparing the players.

Just pointing out how dumb it is to bring up Subban's 11-12 salary as a measuring stick of what he should get. Or how much X$ is a raise over last yer. It has ZERO relevance in the negotiations.

Does the fact that Gomez started out at 10 mil/year with the Rangers have any bearing on what he is worth now or next summer as a UFA?
so what you're saying is you missed the point, I see.

Old
Tuggy

I assume people that are bringing up race are just talking about fan's opinions and not those of MB and the Habs organization?

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Or more accurately, two players who share Subban's skin color. I mean, come on. You honestly don't think that was his intention? Why not compare him to the two white hockey players who are in identical situations as Subban and are also holding out?
Hey, you said it lol not me I know it never comes off right when a minority plays the race card lol

But seriously, what that caller said...is feelings that MANY hockey fans and hockey pundits share.

Old
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

The longer this goes on the less I want him to play on our team.

Pacioretty took a team-friendly cap hit, and Subban obviously doesn't give a **** about the team. The agent is obviously driving all of this, but it's really not cool.

Old
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

the longer this goes on the more likely PK will be applying his trade elsewhere...

which is unfortunate (since he is my favourite player)... however I do like a good trade and depending upon the return I reserve the right to shine my considerable powers of attention on some other NHL'er

no end in site

Old
01-24-2013, 11:41 AM
FinnHab

Quote:
You realize that there are many players who have gone from entry level contracts to long term deals and bypassed the 'bridge contract', right?
Yes sir. But Subban aint Crosby. Hopefully we trade that cocky little piece of sh***.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
You are in the left field big time. If the guy would be Caucasian, he would be perceived the same way. Just a huge hot dog, media attention lover with some ego problems like Gary Carter when he was in Montreal.
I want to comment on this subject... 417 is shedding light what a lot of people are afraid to admit.. bias still exists in this world, how can we deny it?

The world is a mixed up place.. some people are truly accepting, while some act like they are to adhere to the social standard, while others are still actively biased against people for race, religion, nationality reasons. To say he's in left field is also pretty ignorant of the realities of this world.. and though it wouldn't be considered a major factor in how the media is relaying the story to us, there's definitely some sort of ancient mindset still highly active in people who have not consciously addressed their tendency to stereotype, and it affects their perception of the situation below the surface in their subconscious where this type of fear originates.

I don't think this would affect anything else other than how the media tells its story, how their story is reacted to, and how they as a result write the next page in that story. Media is a reactionary beast after all..

Old
01-24-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I assume people that are bringing up race are just talking about fan's opinions and not those of MB and the Habs organization?
Of course...I'd like to think, and I'm pretty confident of this, that race has NOTHING to do with why he's not signed right now.

But I do believe it has something to do with how he's perceived by fans/media IN the hockey community.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
So Del Zotto who has the same amount of point in the NHL as Subban took his contract while beeing insulted?

Subban deserve the same amount of money in a bridge contract. Paciorrety went there, Price went there. End of the talk.
For. The. LAST.... TIME

There is more to a DEFENSEMAN than how many POINTS he produces.

If you don't KNOW that. Remove yourself from the discussion.

Closed Thread