HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikolai Kulemin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
  #276
RaskY
Re-registered User
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,704
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
No, he needs to play well to silence the crowd.

What do you expect, people praising him when he's playing like crap? It's called accountability. When you are playing well, people will prasie you. When you play like crap, they will show their frustrations. That's how it works.
I expect people not to want to ship him out of town after he doesn't get on the score-sheet in the first two games of the season. But what else is new with Leaf fans?

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:27 PM
  #277
The Blue Devil
Registered User
 
The Blue Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
I expect people not to want to ship him out of town after he doesn't get on the score-sheet in the first two games of the season. But what else is new with Leaf fans?
It's not that he wasn't on the score-sheet as many have stated, it's the fact that he was playing like garbage, there was no effort, soft plays and bad turn-overs. It's already been stated, it doesn't matter if he puts up points or not, but if he plays with the kind of effort that he showed last night then there will be no complaints.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
  #278
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
It's not that he wasn't on the score-sheet as many have stated, it's the fact that he was playing like garbage, there was no effort, soft plays and bad turn-overs. It's already been stated, it doesn't matter if he puts up points or not, but if he plays with the kind of effort that he showed last night then there will be no complaints.
If he plays like that the points follow anyways. He is on the second line ,and i want points too.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
  #279
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
I expect people not to want to ship him out of town after he doesn't get on the score-sheet in the first two games of the season. But what else is new with Leaf fans?
Yeah it's kinda sad to see some of our fan base do this with any of our players. I don't think any other fan base does this after 2 games. So why do some leaf fans do it? Honestly if anyone had an answer I'd like to know

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
  #280
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs
 
Brewsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: King County
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,074
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Is this Kulemin's shape up or ship out year?

Dare I say?


Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
  #281
sangreale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Yeah it's kinda sad to see some of our fan base do this with any of our players. I don't think any other fan base does this after 2 games. So why do some leaf fans do it? Honestly if anyone had an answer I'd like to know
I think this sort of thing happens in every sport and on every team. In Toronto the frustration of what has gone on leads to a certain lack of perspective that push fans to an even more desperate hysteria.

If guys like Kulemin could do day in and day out what these fans suggest they would be top 10 at their position and would command a very hefty compensation in terms of dollars and value (in terms of players and picks) coming back, if traded. To these sorts of unispired fans every one else is a "scrub" and needs to be shipped out.

It is quite laughable really.

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
  #282
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
I think this sort of thing happens in every sport and on every team. In Toronto the frustration of what has gone on leads to a certain lack of perspective that push fans to an even more desperate hysteria.

If guys like Kulemin could do day in and day out what these fans suggest they would be top 10 at their position and would command a very hefty compensation in terms of dollars and value (in terms of players and picks) coming back, if traded. To these sorts of unispired fans every one else is a "scrub" and needs to be shipped out.

It is quite laughable really.
I get your point but I don't think every team in every sport has this happen. Probably a few others yes but not everyone. Regardless it still shouldn't happen. I get that fans get upset and they're allowed their opinion, but to treat it as fact and even worse, use 2 games to come to their conclusion is downright being stupid. Quite laughable indeed

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
  #283
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,000
vCash: 500
Kulemin had 1 good offensive year, seems to be a shutdown guy now, I project him to be a quality 3rd liner.

rumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
  #284
sangreale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
I get your point but I don't think every team in every sport has this happen. Probably a few others yes but not everyone. Regardless it still shouldn't happen. I get that fans get upset and they're allowed their opinion, but to treat it as fact and even worse, use 2 games to come to their conclusion is downright being stupid. Quite laughable indeed
I have had some experience when talking to Raptor fans and fans of other hockey teams that would make you chuckle. However, I agree that we have more than our fair share of "chuckleheads," or as coach Armstrong calls them "knuckleheads".

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:05 PM
  #285
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
I have had some experience when talking to Raptor fans and fans of other hockey teams that would make you chuckle. However, I agree that we have more than our fair share of "chuckleheads," or as coach Armstrong calls them "knuckleheads".
Lol honestly I wouldn't mind hearing some of these experiences but this thread probably isn't the place.

I just hope people would learn to leave their emotions out of things and just use logic when assessing players and how they perform.

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.