HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikolai Kulemin

Old
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
RaskY
Re-registered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
No, he needs to play well to silence the crowd.

What do you expect, people praising him when he's playing like crap? It's called accountability. When you are playing well, people will prasie you. When you play like crap, they will show their frustrations. That's how it works.
I expect people not to want to ship him out of town after he doesn't get on the score-sheet in the first two games of the season. But what else is new with Leaf fans?

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:27 PM
The Blue Devil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
I expect people not to want to ship him out of town after he doesn't get on the score-sheet in the first two games of the season. But what else is new with Leaf fans?
It's not that he wasn't on the score-sheet as many have stated, it's the fact that he was playing like garbage, there was no effort, soft plays and bad turn-overs. It's already been stated, it doesn't matter if he puts up points or not, but if he plays with the kind of effort that he showed last night then there will be no complaints.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
It's not that he wasn't on the score-sheet as many have stated, it's the fact that he was playing like garbage, there was no effort, soft plays and bad turn-overs. It's already been stated, it doesn't matter if he puts up points or not, but if he plays with the kind of effort that he showed last night then there will be no complaints.
If he plays like that the points follow anyways. He is on the second line ,and i want points too.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
OptimusReimer34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK View Post
Yeah it's kinda sad to see some of our fan base do this with any of our players. I don't think any other fan base does this after 2 games. So why do some leaf fans do it? Honestly if anyone had an answer I'd like to know

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Is this Kulemin's shape up or ship out year?

Dare I say?

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Yeah it's kinda sad to see some of our fan base do this with any of our players. I don't think any other fan base does this after 2 games. So why do some leaf fans do it? Honestly if anyone had an answer I'd like to know
I think this sort of thing happens in every sport and on every team. In Toronto the frustration of what has gone on leads to a certain lack of perspective that push fans to an even more desperate hysteria.

If guys like Kulemin could do day in and day out what these fans suggest they would be top 10 at their position and would command a very hefty compensation in terms of dollars and value (in terms of players and picks) coming back, if traded. To these sorts of unispired fans every one else is a "scrub" and needs to be shipped out.

It is quite laughable really.

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
OptimusReimer34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
I think this sort of thing happens in every sport and on every team. In Toronto the frustration of what has gone on leads to a certain lack of perspective that push fans to an even more desperate hysteria.

If guys like Kulemin could do day in and day out what these fans suggest they would be top 10 at their position and would command a very hefty compensation in terms of dollars and value (in terms of players and picks) coming back, if traded. To these sorts of unispired fans every one else is a "scrub" and needs to be shipped out.

It is quite laughable really.
I get your point but I don't think every team in every sport has this happen. Probably a few others yes but not everyone. Regardless it still shouldn't happen. I get that fans get upset and they're allowed their opinion, but to treat it as fact and even worse, use 2 games to come to their conclusion is downright being stupid. Quite laughable indeed

Old
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
rumman

Kulemin had 1 good offensive year, seems to be a shutdown guy now, I project him to be a quality 3rd liner.

rumman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
sangreale

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
I get your point but I don't think every team in every sport has this happen. Probably a few others yes but not everyone. Regardless it still shouldn't happen. I get that fans get upset and they're allowed their opinion, but to treat it as fact and even worse, use 2 games to come to their conclusion is downright being stupid. Quite laughable indeed
I have had some experience when talking to Raptor fans and fans of other hockey teams that would make you chuckle. However, I agree that we have more than our fair share of "chuckleheads," or as coach Armstrong calls them "knuckleheads".

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:05 PM
OptimusReimer34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
I have had some experience when talking to Raptor fans and fans of other hockey teams that would make you chuckle. However, I agree that we have more than our fair share of "chuckleheads," or as coach Armstrong calls them "knuckleheads".
Lol honestly I wouldn't mind hearing some of these experiences but this thread probably isn't the place.

I just hope people would learn to leave their emotions out of things and just use logic when assessing players and how they perform.