HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
  #851
OOOOIIIO
Binary
 
OOOOIIIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Just going to nudge this from earlier. Curious.
Yes, replay any game you want. If it was blacked out you must wait for the blackout period to end before it will be available however.

OOOOIIIO is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
  #852
ShutThePuckUp
Custom User Title
 
ShutThePuckUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Does anyone else with Viaplay have problems with GCL? I can't seem to get the games from last night to run and I've been waiting all day..

ShutThePuckUp is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:17 AM
  #853
bradbruins
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Just sent an e-mail to the GCL support regarding my issue with condensed games. Hope they dont just send me their typical FAQ-answer.

I just want to see condensed games on PC. This annoys me to hell...

bradbruins is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
  #854
SharksFan1
Registered User
 
SharksFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Bing7 View Post
honestly now that i have it working on Android, PC, and Xbox i have to say its amazing. I love the Xbox interface the best so far its clean and right to the point. The app still needs a makeover big time.

The App needs to be clear with the sections on where to go to the Vault and Watch replays of games/highlights. You have to click on the final score tile or box whatever you want to call it to see the highlights and watch live games. The categories on the side suck.

But all in all as long as it keeps working like this it is well worth the money. Too bad you cant get around blackout games but i can deal with it. If you havent cancelled yet dont, give it a chance
How did you get it to work on android? Whenever I try to play a game it goes to the loading screen for a few seconds and back to the play screen.

SharksFan1 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:38 AM
  #855
orangecrush8
Registered User
 
orangecrush8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
Anyone know if RDS games are blacked out in Canada? (specifically Ontario)

Edit - found out they are. Seems ridiculous that I am suffering because I dont pay for a channel that I cant understand because its in a different language


Last edited by orangecrush8: 01-24-2013 at 12:07 PM.
orangecrush8 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:46 AM
  #856
boris4c
Registered User
 
boris4c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Has anyone here paid for the iPhone application, and how does it work? I currently have the free version only, so I don't get any videos but it hasn't been working very well so far and it has a 1.5 star rating out of 5 due to massive bugs.

boris4c is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 11:57 AM
  #857
Haj
Registered User
 
Haj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuman View Post

EDIT: Now I'm seeing a 404 error on the scores and GameCenter landing page. I am really starting to question the competence of their web development team.
Maybe the NHL locked out their web development team, and they are rusty after a 1 week training camp.


Seriously though, I tried watching MTL/FL on Tuesday night through XBOX. It was unwatchable due to constant buffering. But it save the heart ache of watching my team play terribly. An undocumented feature perhaps ?

My PC and laptop seem to work perfectly.

Haj is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
  #858
MartysBackup
Who wants Wawa?
 
MartysBackup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bel Air, MD
Country: United States
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
Has anyone here paid for the iPhone application, and how does it work? I currently have the free version only, so I don't get any videos but it hasn't been working very well so far and it has a 1.5 star rating out of 5 due to massive bugs.
Used the app for the first time the other night, and it worked great on my 4S. Looks like most of the reviews gripe about it not supporting the larger screen size on the 5.

MartysBackup is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
  #859
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,996
vCash: 500
I think I know the answer. But anyone know if Games on SNET-W and Pacific would be blacked out for me (ottawa) on GCL?

When I put my postal code into their blackout thing it only tells me Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa when playing on TSN, CBC or SNET-E. But I seem to remember them being blacked out in the past.

TheStranger is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
  #860
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
For the people who only have PS3, is there some kind of discount for the two weeks of the season they'll miss?
The website said nothing about the app being unavailable until recently.


Oh wait, was that a serious question?

SpokedLightning is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
  #861
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa > Wisconsin.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post


Oh wait, was that a serious question?
It was. Quality response, by the way.

Is it silly to demand something for missing two weeks of a service? Yeah. It is.

But it's also silly to let a customer pay $50 for a service without letting them know that the service might not even be available to them, AND not give a date about when it will be.

If you're going to advertise that it's available for the PS3, let people know that the app isn't updated yet and that it's "coming soon" - which is what the website says NOW. It should have said that at the beginning of the season when people were purchasing the GCL package.

Penny Lane is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  #862
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
It was. Quality response, by the way.

Is it silly to demand something for missing two weeks of a service? Yeah. It is.

But it's also silly to let a customer pay $50 for a service without letting them know that the service might not even be available to them, AND not give a date about when it will be.

If you're going to advertise that it's available for the PS3, let people know that the app isn't updated yet and that it's "coming soon" - which is what the website says NOW. It should have said that at the beginning of the season when people were purchasing the GCL package.
I apologize if my post offended you. I also have a PS3 and was hoping to have the app available before now. How did you sign up for GCL? I did it via my PC, although that wouldn't not be my preferred way to watch it if the app was up and running on PS3. If I were to call up GCL that would be exactly the question they would ask. Then most probably they would say, "We are sorry the PS3 app is not available but you can still watch GCL on your PC at a very discounted rate. Rebate request denied. Have a great day."

SpokedLightning is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
  #863
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.
 
Penny Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ottawa > Wisconsin.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
I apologize if my post offended you. I also have a PS3 and was hoping to have the app available before now. How did you sign up for GCL? I did it via my PC, although that wouldn't not be my preferred way to watch it if the app was up and running on PS3. If I were to call up GCL that would be exactly the question they would ask. Then most probably they would say, We are sorry the PS3 app is not available but you can still watch GCL on your PC. Rebate request denied. Have a great day."
I, personally, have other ways of viewing the games. I'm asking about the people who don't.

Maybe they signed up using their PS3. Maybe they called and ordered the package. Maybe their account is on auto-renewal, and when the season started, they expected to be able to view the games like they did last year - but they couldn't, and nowhere did they get any answers as to why.

If you're going to let someone purchase a service that's available on multiple platforms, it's just good business to mention if one of the platforms isn't going to work before charging the person for the service.

Penny Lane is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #864
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
I, personally, have other ways of viewing the games. I'm asking about the people who don't.

Maybe they signed up using their PS3. Maybe they called and ordered the package. Maybe their account is on auto-renewal, and when the season started, they expected to be able to view the games like they did last year - but they couldn't, and nowhere did they get any answers as to why.

If you're going to let someone purchase a service that's available on multiple platforms, it's just good business to mention if one of the platforms isn't going to work before charging the person for the service.
NHL and good business...

SpokedLightning is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
  #865
Zubrusaurus Rex
Registered User
 
Zubrusaurus Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coog View Post
So, you bought the whole package then. I was stunned with disbelieve when I realized I had to buy their whole tv-package AND their whole movie package just to get the sports channel and NHL. Fogetaboutit. I would have paid a lot for just the NHL but I don't want their stenkin tv channels. A poor business decision by their part.
I borrowed a friend's. I agree, paying 250 kronor per month when you you only want GCL, which would be something like 350 kronor for the entire regular season in the US (correct me if I'm wrong, but it's 50 USD, I believe) is outrageous.

Zubrusaurus Rex is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
  #866
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,988
vCash: 300
I watched GCL on my XBOX360 for the first time the other night. Video quality was great and love the split screen, however the buffering every few minutes where you miss segments of the game really sucks. Does that always happen? Or is this a new season kinks thing that usually gets worked out?

If I log in on my iPad on the same network everything is fine so I know it's not my internet service.

IceAce is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
  #867
FlowNoMo
GO MARLIES!!!
 
FlowNoMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
I watched GCL on my XBOX360 for the first time the other night. Video quality was great and love the split screen, however the buffering every few minutes where you miss segments of the game really sucks. Does that always happen? Or is this a new season kinks thing that usually gets worked out?

If I log in on my iPad on the same network everything is fine so I know it's not my internet service.
I simply pause the game when it starts for a good 10-15 minutes. No buffering after that and you can skip the commercials.

FlowNoMo is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
  #868
boris4c
Registered User
 
boris4c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBackup View Post
Used the app for the first time the other night, and it worked great on my 4S. Looks like most of the reviews gripe about it not supporting the larger screen size on the 5.
It also seems to crash a lot though, and it keeps on saying "no connection available" which happened to me a couple of times despite I'm only using the free version. I would like to pay for the upgrade but some reviews are rather scary.

But let's say you buy it for your iPhone, does it also mean you get it on your computer?

boris4c is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
  #869
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
I simply pause the game when it starts for a good 10-15 minutes. No buffering after that and you can skip the commercials.
This is the solution. I don't go that far back but a minute or two and you won't have issues. A lot of people on here want to be live so they can chat in their respective gdts though.

TheStranger is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:15 PM
  #870
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
It also seems to crash a lot though, and it keeps on saying "no connection available" which happened to me a couple of times despite I'm only using the free version. I would like to pay for the upgrade but some reviews are rather scary.

But let's say you buy it for your iPhone, does it also mean you get it on your computer?
If you buy a gcl subscription it works on every device that can connect to it.

TheStranger is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
  #871
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
This may have been answered earlier in the thread, but are games that are on NHL Network blacked out on Gamecenter? Thanks.

nyr5186 is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
  #872
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
This may have been answered earlier in the thread, but are games that are on NHL Network blacked out on Gamecenter? Thanks.
Yss, but if you're using gcl on your computer there are easy ways around any blackout

TheStranger is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:59 PM
  #873
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Yss, but if you're using gcl on your computer there are easy ways around any blackout
Hmmm. And how is that?

nyr5186 is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
  #874
eddywatson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 223
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eddywatson Send a message via MSN to eddywatson Send a message via Yahoo to eddywatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddywatson View Post
hey guys ive just got 2 questions about GameCenter LIVE

1. On the xbox360 app in options what is the TICKER ON/OFF option?
What does it mean/do?

2. Again on the Xbox360 app... is there an option to view the hits in a game? on nhl.com the only way you can view hits in the highlight section is to click the play button next to the hit. but the xbox360 highlights dont show any hits

cheers
anybody?

eddywatson is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
  #875
kassian
Registered User
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Just going to nudge this from earlier. Curious.
Yes, you can, but the games take forever to be archived. For example, the games that were played on the 22nd still aren't archived yet.

kassian is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.