HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Leafs - Armageddon at 2-1-0

Old
01-24-2013, 11:49 AM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
that was a super clever comment. I wish I had made it like two hours ago

edit: nice quick edit
Meh, this is more about finding something to be mad at for the sake of it.

I don't want Malkin killing 5 on 3's. I'm already cringing when Sid is out there and I'm almost half hoping he breaks a foot blocking a shot so my point REALLY gets through.

You want your forwards in a groove? Stop taking stupid penalties.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:49 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Think what you want, but Kennedy is actually the best winger option on this team for that line.

You heard me right.
Maybe I lean Cooke a little, but it's hard to argue given the available options.

Thing is, saying TK is the best winger option for Geno's LW is like saying Dupuis is the best winger option for Sid's RW.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
KIRK

Quote:

I don't want Malkin killing 5 on 3's. I'm already cringing when Sid is out there and I'm almost half hoping he breaks a foot blocking a shot so my point REALLY gets through.

Respectfully, I'll disagree on that one. In 6 minutes, you could've found a 30 second kill shift for Geno 5 on 4.

Even your buddy Therrien figured that out about Malkin.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Quote:
Cooke to Geno's line, Tangradi to Vitale's line, Glass to Sutter's line. Go Pens.

Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis
Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Glass-Sutter-TK
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams
Word! Like this line-up plenty. Is it beyond DB to find the common sense to do it though.

Gallatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Cspeirs4

I don't know if I watched the same game as some of you, holy moly. People are giving minuses and ragging on 87 and hardly any mention of how awful 71 played? Sure 87 made some questionable plays but I thought he played a decent game considering the circumstances. But 71 was absolutely terrible. Turnover machine and produced little offence. I guess some of you think because 71 is MVP and all that that he's immune to having a bad game. Yikes. Not to mention 71 had an assist on the JVR goal...

Cspeirs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:58 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspeirs4 View Post
I don't know if I watched the same game as some of you, holy moly. People are giving minuses and ragging on 87 and hardly any mention of how awful 71 played? Sure 87 made some questionable plays but I thought he played a decent game considering the circumstances. But 71 was absolutely terrible. Turnover machine and produced little offence. I guess some of you think because 71 is MVP and all that that he's immune to having a bad game. Yikes.
Apparently, you didn't really read through this thread in its entirety, because I'm fairly certain that your 'unique' perspective on 87 and 71 was pretty much the consensus here.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
Word! Like this line-up plenty. Is it beyond DB to find the common sense to do it though.
Yes?

Old
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Maybe I lean Cooke a little, but it's hard to argue given the available options.

Thing is, saying TK is the best winger option for Geno's LW is like saying Dupuis is the best winger option for Sid's RW.
No it's not

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:01 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
No it's not
I said it's like, not the same. And, the way it's like is saying 'we've got a lot of ****** available choices, and this one is the least ******'. So, yes, it is.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Cspeirs4

Quote:
Apparently, you didn't really read through this thread in its entirety, because I'm fairly certain that your 'unique' perspective on 87 and 71 was pretty much the consensus here.
I read the first 5 pages and that's the impression I got. I'll go re-read the other pages.

Cspeirs4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
I said it's like, not the same. And, the way it's like is saying 'we've got a lot of ****** available choices, and this one is the least ******'. So, yes, it is.
I know what you meant. I was just being a jackass. I guess I'd just say that Kennedy is a bad fit for Geno in terms of style and what that line needs. Duper is a good fit for Sid, in terms of style of play, he's just not ideal.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
I read the first 5 pages and that's the impression I got. I'll go re-read the other pages.
Either way, you are right. Geno sucked.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:04 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Knock yourself out . . .

Old
01-24-2013, 12:06 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I know what you meant. I was just being a jackass. I guess I'd just say that Kennedy is a bad fit for Geno in terms of style and what that line needs. Duper is a good fit for Sid, in terms of style of play, he's just not ideal.
1. I see the angle you meant.

2. We really do need a 'Shady Machine jackass smilie', because the regular laugh smilie did throw me.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:

I never even said he should kill penalties (even if I think he should in those sorts of rare occasions.) I just pointed to him sitting for an extended time being followed by him making a pretty big mistake. Which was exactly the point Jiggy was making; that even good players can have trouble when they don't have that consistency.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Mordax
Abso-Buc'n-lutely

Quote:
We'll expect a detailed yet concise summary on our desk by end of day

Mordax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
1. I see the angle you meant.

2. We really do need a 'Shady Machine jackass smilie', because the regular laugh smilie did throw me.
I really do wish there was a good "I'm being a jagoff" smile because I hate using the wink and tongue.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
We need to form some team chemistry. Set lines. I sure hope Shero will look to make moves sooner than later.
Honestly I don't even care, to be straight with you. All the options are pluggers, so move them how you will. The results will be the same in the end - Pens will need more skill in the top six.

Vitale would be a good stop gap on Malkin's line. His speed and tenacious forechecking would really help that line. He can also dish the puck much better than anyone in the bottom six outside of Sutter.

We are lucky DB keeps him in the lineup so, whatever. I'm sure we will see a steady dose of TK, Cooke and Glass rotating with the Malkin line. Jeffrey may get a shot, but I can't see him as a solution in the top six.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
KIRK

Quote:
I really do wish there was a good "I'm being a jagoff" smile because I hate using the wink and tongue.
Pervert

Old
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:

Well, that was kind of my point.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:14 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Honestly I don't even care, to be straight with you. All the options are pluggers, so move them how you will. The results will be the same in the end - Pens will need more skill in the top six.

Vitale would be a good stop gap on Malkin's line. His speed and tenacious forechecking would really help that line. He can also dish the puck much better than anyone in the bottom six outside of Sutter.

We are lucky DB keeps him in the lineup so, whatever. I'm sure we will see a steady dose of TK, Cooke and Glass rotating with the Malkin line. Jeffrey may get a shot, but I can't see him as a solution in the top six.
1. I did suggest that last night.

2. How dare you, of all people, refer to Joe Vitale as a stop gap. I thought you were a true believer, not some phony? You're worse than Burgundy. At least he doesn't try to hide his heretical beliefs.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Knowing your previous thoughts on this subject (and the subject of Sid's wingers), I figured that was the case and agreed.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Ogrezilla
Arrogant Yinzer

Quote:
I think the 2nd line would be best with TK on it. I think the team would be best with TK on the 3rd line and Cooke on the 2nd.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Hard for me to get fired up about line combos. They'll all be switched up again by no later than the 3rd period of the next game.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:18 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post

Agreed. The need for a top 6 forward is much greater than people let on.

Hopefully they just roll Neal/Sid/Geno out quite a bit in the mean time. Give Sutter some opportunity with Kunitz/Dupuis/TK.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote