HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
haburger

vCash: 500
nice job by our clueless g.m. dealing with this situation.instead of building with another core piece (price the other) who is also a fan favourite,he's gonna drag it out into a huge mess. now the fans and media are becoming polarized and its getting worse by the day. we are almost at the point of no return.i dont even think gauthier would have taken this approach.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
give him 5M$ and thats it! if he want more....trade that punk to the flyers
By talking to the press, Subban put himself and the management in a pretty bad situation.

He comes across as a selfish, full of himself individual who puts himself above the team. His agent must be pissed off. Bergevin cannot bend and offer him a longer deal. He has to stick to his short term offer. And if he tries to trade him, he won' t receive enough for him.

Old
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

he's going to face an unpleasant welcome when (if) he come back...

the monster (bell crowd) is going to eat him alive.... poor PK (why soo stupid..)

Old
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
he's going to face an unpleasant welcome we (if) he come back...

the monster (bell crowd) is going to eat him alive.... poor PK (why soo stupid..)
Yeah fans are chanting his name at games because they want him back ASAP just so they can boo him...

Old
01-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
nice job by our clueless g.m. dealing with this situation.instead of building with another core piece (price the other) who is also a fan favourite,he's gonna drag it out into a huge mess. now the fans and media are becoming polarized and its getting worse by the day. we are almost at the point of no return.i dont even think gauthier would have taken this approach.
Who talked to the press yesterday ? Who is ruining the negotiation process ?

Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
haburger

still waiting to hear who' s gonna replace pk if he's dealt.obviously we'd get a d man back,,but a #2 or #1 d man.anyone???

Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
By talking to the press, Subban put himself and the management in a pretty bad situation.

He comes across as a selfish, full of himself individual who puts himself above the team. His agent must be pissed off. Bergevin cannot bend and offer him a longer deal. He has to stick to his short term offer. And if he tries to trade him, he won' t receive enough for him.
He only comes across that way to people who want to see it that way...I know myself, as someone who isn't on either side as it relates to this contract situation, I don't think he came off as selfish or full of himself

He came off as...PK Subban...the guy he's always been and the guy who 5 years ago, this organization was beaming when they selected him in the draft and visited with his family and spoke glowingly about the fabric of his character and his solid upbringing.

PK Subban is confidant in his abilities...only in the sport of hockey, is that seen as wrong.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He only comes across that way to people who want to see it that way...I know myself, as someone who isn't on either side as it relates to this contract situation, I don't think he came off as selfish or full of himself

He came off as...PK Subban...the guy he's always been and the guy who 5 years ago, this organization was beaming when they selected him in the draft and visited with his family and spoke glowingly about the fabric of his character and his solid upbringing.

PK Subban is confidant in his abilities...only in the sport of hockey, is that seen as wrong.
PK should be a golfer or a tennis player. He would have all the limelight and $$$ for himself.

He should look at his younger brother Malcolm, who is quieter and as talented.

Old
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Yeah fans are chanting his name at games because they want him back ASAP just so they can boo him...

The monster is a very unpredictable creature.... give PK 2-3 bad games..and see

Old
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Well, for this point, I submit the following scenario:

Suppose PK signs a 2 year "bridge" contract. During those 2 seasons he exceeds expectations and performs better (which I believe he can) than the way he performed to date. Would the dollar amount of his following contract be greater than what he is rumored to be seeking today?
Absolutely. I feel Habs management is playing this one wrong. PK has proved a lot more than Max and Carey did at this point in their respective careers. As no one knows for sure how much better PK will be in 2 years, I think we can all agree that he will be making 5+ million based on ice time and capabilities. I don't see how he can digress unless injuries or something unforeseen happens.

Based on that analogy, the Habs are better off signing him to a long term deal now with the next 2-3 years under 5 and the last 3-4 years above 5. This way his cap hit will be somewhat friendly in those expensive years.

I believe in Subban and I believe he can be top 10, if not top 5 or top 3 in the NHL. Offering him a 2 year deal now can be a disaster in 2 years if he deserves 6 years at 7 million. He will still be RFA in two years and yes he won't have the UFA bargaining chip, but I find that irrelevant based on RFA offer sheets for a player of his caliber.

This situation between PK and the Habs seems to only be getting worse... It's a crying shame.

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
He's not perfect. And when did I ever say he should be paid top dollars? I said he should be paid fairly...2.5m-3m/year on a 2-year contract is nowhere near fair.

Either you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, or you're deliberately being dishonest and/or unfair in this discussion.
dishonest ? really ? 2.5/3.0 would be unfair (nowhere near fair as in, FAR from fair I guess ?)... so let's see 3 Mil is FAR from fair... lemme guess again, 3.5 ? 4.0 ?

that wouldnt be very far from fair don't you think ?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
haburger

Quote:
Who talked to the press yesterday ? Who is ruining the negotiation process ?

Subban.
gauthier woulda locked him up.mb showing how inexperienced he is right off the bat.i bet gm's of other teams are salivating at the chance to work a trade with him.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Roulin

Quote:
PK should be a golfer or a tennis player. He would have all the limelight and $$$ for himself.
Life is supposed to be fun.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Absolutely. I feel Habs management is playing this one wrong. PK has proved a lot more than Max and Carey did at this point in their respective careers. As no one knows for sure how much better PK will be in 2 years, I think we can all agree that he will be making 5+ million based on ice time and capabilities. I don't see how he can digress unless injuries or something unforeseen happens.

Based on that analogy, the Habs are better off signing him to a long term deal now with the next 2-3 years under 5 and the last 3-4 years above 5. This way his cap hit will be somewhat friendly in those expensive years.

I believe in Subban and I believe he can be top 10, if not top 5 or top 3 in the NHL. Offering him a 2 year deal now can be a disaster in 2 years if he deserves 6 years at 7 million. He will still be RFA in two years and yes he won't have the UFA bargaining chip, but I find that irrelevant based on RFA offer sheets for a player of his caliber.

This situation between PK and the Habs seems to only be getting worse... It's a crying shame.
If this is truly the case, why doesn't PK sign the bridge deal?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Or he should just continue to be himself and ignore people who tell him he should be what he's not or to change the way he is.

Lord knows that's worked for him so far...trust me, I know the neighborhood PK grew up in. It took INCREDIBLE fortitude for him to make it out of there and be what he is today.

Old
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Trade him , enough is enough.His talent isn't strong enough to risk ruining the team chemistry.

I can't believe some people here actually said Subban is someone to look up to.A 23 years old hockey player with a tendency toward the childish and narcissism.Hardly someone to look up to.How old are these people saying stupid stuff like that?

And while I think scientists and great doctors are more appropriate people to look up to , I don't mind people looking up to athletes either.Someone like Roger Federer , for example.Someone like Subban? Not so much.

Old
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
100-200 hundred drunk idiots were chanting his name. I was at the game while on business in Montreal.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

I agree. If the rumors of a 3 million or under contract are what is being offered, I do not blame PK for holding out. I compared his stats and ice time to other players in the league and he is most comparable to about 4 million dollars at this point in his career. I also believe he has a lot of room for improvement, but only because he is so dedicated and works for what he wants.

They need a third party (maybe a 4th party considering you have PK, his agent and the Habs) to help them through this. I feel MB is saying its my way or the highway, but to what respect, it remains to be seen.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Life is supposed to be fun.
You can have fun as a team and teamate.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
elsubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
100-200 hundred drunk idiots were chanting his name. I was at the game while on business in Montreal.
Just wait for another bad game at the bell center my friend.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
hersky77

I did not take any of PKs comments negatively. He actually brought up some great points that shows that he wants to be here now and in the future. In my mind the guy deserves a hefty pay raise, he was thrown into the fire and he exceeded expectations. I cant see guys like myers, fowler etc.. playing the same way PK did in this market. The guy loves flash and Montreal is a flashy place.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Just wait for another bad game at the bell center my friend.
They lost that game to the Leafs, can't be much worst than that

Old
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Roulin

Quote:
You can have fun as a team and teamate.
Absolutely, but I'm not talking about Subban's POV, I'm talking about us as fans. It's more fun when you can appreciate a variety of personalities on your favorite team.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Charkey

Sign a free agent, you have Tinordi coming or even another trade

Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
dishonest ? really ? 2.5/3.0 would be unfair (nowhere near fair as in, FAR from fair I guess ?)... so let's see 3 Mil is FAR from fair... lemme guess again, 3.5 ? 4.0 ?

that wouldnt be very far from fair don't you think ?
Of course, a lot depends on the term, but 4.5m/year is much closer to fair than 2.5m/year.

Closed Thread