HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
  #376
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
nice job by our clueless g.m. dealing with this situation.instead of building with another core piece (price the other) who is also a fan favourite,he's gonna drag it out into a huge mess. now the fans and media are becoming polarized and its getting worse by the day. we are almost at the point of no return.i dont even think gauthier would have taken this approach.

haburger is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
  #377
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
give him 5M$ and thats it! if he want more....trade that punk to the flyers
By talking to the press, Subban put himself and the management in a pretty bad situation.

He comes across as a selfish, full of himself individual who puts himself above the team. His agent must be pissed off. Bergevin cannot bend and offer him a longer deal. He has to stick to his short term offer. And if he tries to trade him, he won' t receive enough for him.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
  #378
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,840
vCash: 500
he's going to face an unpleasant welcome when (if) he come back...

the monster (bell crowd) is going to eat him alive.... poor PK (why soo stupid..)

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
  #379
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,649
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
he's going to face an unpleasant welcome we (if) he come back...

the monster (bell crowd) is going to eat him alive.... poor PK (why soo stupid..)
Yeah fans are chanting his name at games because they want him back ASAP just so they can boo him...

Andrighetto Fabolous is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:45 PM
  #380
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
nice job by our clueless g.m. dealing with this situation.instead of building with another core piece (price the other) who is also a fan favourite,he's gonna drag it out into a huge mess. now the fans and media are becoming polarized and its getting worse by the day. we are almost at the point of no return.i dont even think gauthier would have taken this approach.
Who talked to the press yesterday ? Who is ruining the negotiation process ?

Subban.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
  #381
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
still waiting to hear who' s gonna replace pk if he's dealt.obviously we'd get a d man back,,but a #2 or #1 d man.anyone???

haburger is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
  #382
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
By talking to the press, Subban put himself and the management in a pretty bad situation.

He comes across as a selfish, full of himself individual who puts himself above the team. His agent must be pissed off. Bergevin cannot bend and offer him a longer deal. He has to stick to his short term offer. And if he tries to trade him, he won' t receive enough for him.
He only comes across that way to people who want to see it that way...I know myself, as someone who isn't on either side as it relates to this contract situation, I don't think he came off as selfish or full of himself

He came off as...PK Subban...the guy he's always been and the guy who 5 years ago, this organization was beaming when they selected him in the draft and visited with his family and spoke glowingly about the fabric of his character and his solid upbringing.

PK Subban is confidant in his abilities...only in the sport of hockey, is that seen as wrong.

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  #383
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He only comes across that way to people who want to see it that way...I know myself, as someone who isn't on either side as it relates to this contract situation, I don't think he came off as selfish or full of himself

He came off as...PK Subban...the guy he's always been and the guy who 5 years ago, this organization was beaming when they selected him in the draft and visited with his family and spoke glowingly about the fabric of his character and his solid upbringing.

PK Subban is confidant in his abilities...only in the sport of hockey, is that seen as wrong.
PK should be a golfer or a tennis player. He would have all the limelight and $$$ for himself.

He should look at his younger brother Malcolm, who is quieter and as talented.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  #384
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Yeah fans are chanting his name at games because they want him back ASAP just so they can boo him...


The monster is a very unpredictable creature.... give PK 2-3 bad games..and see

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  #385
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,061
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
Well, for this point, I submit the following scenario:

Suppose PK signs a 2 year "bridge" contract. During those 2 seasons he exceeds expectations and performs better (which I believe he can) than the way he performed to date. Would the dollar amount of his following contract be greater than what he is rumored to be seeking today?
Absolutely. I feel Habs management is playing this one wrong. PK has proved a lot more than Max and Carey did at this point in their respective careers. As no one knows for sure how much better PK will be in 2 years, I think we can all agree that he will be making 5+ million based on ice time and capabilities. I don't see how he can digress unless injuries or something unforeseen happens.

Based on that analogy, the Habs are better off signing him to a long term deal now with the next 2-3 years under 5 and the last 3-4 years above 5. This way his cap hit will be somewhat friendly in those expensive years.

I believe in Subban and I believe he can be top 10, if not top 5 or top 3 in the NHL. Offering him a 2 year deal now can be a disaster in 2 years if he deserves 6 years at 7 million. He will still be RFA in two years and yes he won't have the UFA bargaining chip, but I find that irrelevant based on RFA offer sheets for a player of his caliber.

This situation between PK and the Habs seems to only be getting worse... It's a crying shame.

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
  #386
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
He's not perfect. And when did I ever say he should be paid top dollars? I said he should be paid fairly...2.5m-3m/year on a 2-year contract is nowhere near fair.

Either you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, or you're deliberately being dishonest and/or unfair in this discussion.
dishonest ? really ? 2.5/3.0 would be unfair (nowhere near fair as in, FAR from fair I guess ?)... so let's see 3 Mil is FAR from fair... lemme guess again, 3.5 ? 4.0 ?

that wouldnt be very far from fair don't you think ?

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
  #387
haburger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Who talked to the press yesterday ? Who is ruining the negotiation process ?

Subban.
gauthier woulda locked him up.mb showing how inexperienced he is right off the bat.i bet gm's of other teams are salivating at the chance to work a trade with him.

haburger is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
  #388
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
PK should be a golfer or a tennis player. He would have all the limelight and $$$ for himself.
Life is supposed to be fun.

Roulin is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
  #389
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Absolutely. I feel Habs management is playing this one wrong. PK has proved a lot more than Max and Carey did at this point in their respective careers. As no one knows for sure how much better PK will be in 2 years, I think we can all agree that he will be making 5+ million based on ice time and capabilities. I don't see how he can digress unless injuries or something unforeseen happens.

Based on that analogy, the Habs are better off signing him to a long term deal now with the next 2-3 years under 5 and the last 3-4 years above 5. This way his cap hit will be somewhat friendly in those expensive years.

I believe in Subban and I believe he can be top 10, if not top 5 or top 3 in the NHL. Offering him a 2 year deal now can be a disaster in 2 years if he deserves 6 years at 7 million. He will still be RFA in two years and yes he won't have the UFA bargaining chip, but I find that irrelevant based on RFA offer sheets for a player of his caliber.

This situation between PK and the Habs seems to only be getting worse... It's a crying shame.
If this is truly the case, why doesn't PK sign the bridge deal?

Ollie Williams is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
  #390
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
PK should be a golfer or a tennis player. He would have all the limelight and $$$ for himself.
Or he should just continue to be himself and ignore people who tell him he should be what he's not or to change the way he is.

Lord knows that's worked for him so far...trust me, I know the neighborhood PK grew up in. It took INCREDIBLE fortitude for him to make it out of there and be what he is today.

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
  #391
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,360
vCash: 500
Trade him , enough is enough.His talent isn't strong enough to risk ruining the team chemistry.

I can't believe some people here actually said Subban is someone to look up to.A 23 years old hockey player with a tendency toward the childish and narcissism.Hardly someone to look up to.How old are these people saying stupid stuff like that?

And while I think scientists and great doctors are more appropriate people to look up to , I don't mind people looking up to athletes either.Someone like Roger Federer , for example.Someone like Subban? Not so much.

BenchBrawl is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
  #392
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
Yeah fans are chanting his name at games because they want him back ASAP just so they can boo him...
100-200 hundred drunk idiots were chanting his name. I was at the game while on business in Montreal.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
  #393
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,061
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
He only comes across that way to people who want to see it that way...I know myself, as someone who isn't on either side as it relates to this contract situation, I don't think he came off as selfish or full of himself

He came off as...PK Subban...the guy he's always been and the guy who 5 years ago, this organization was beaming when they selected him in the draft and visited with his family and spoke glowingly about the fabric of his character and his solid upbringing.

PK Subban is confidant in his abilities...only in the sport of hockey, is that seen as wrong.
I agree. If the rumors of a 3 million or under contract are what is being offered, I do not blame PK for holding out. I compared his stats and ice time to other players in the league and he is most comparable to about 4 million dollars at this point in his career. I also believe he has a lot of room for improvement, but only because he is so dedicated and works for what he wants.

They need a third party (maybe a 4th party considering you have PK, his agent and the Habs) to help them through this. I feel MB is saying its my way or the highway, but to what respect, it remains to be seen.

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
  #394
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Life is supposed to be fun.
You can have fun as a team and teamate.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
  #395
elsubz
Registered User
 
elsubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
100-200 hundred drunk idiots were chanting his name. I was at the game while on business in Montreal.
Just wait for another bad game at the bell center my friend.

elsubz is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
  #396
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,549
vCash: 500
I did not take any of PKs comments negatively. He actually brought up some great points that shows that he wants to be here now and in the future. In my mind the guy deserves a hefty pay raise, he was thrown into the fire and he exceeded expectations. I cant see guys like myers, fowler etc.. playing the same way PK did in this market. The guy loves flash and Montreal is a flashy place.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  #397
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Just wait for another bad game at the bell center my friend.
They lost that game to the Leafs, can't be much worst than that

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  #398
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
You can have fun as a team and teamate.
Absolutely, but I'm not talking about Subban's POV, I'm talking about us as fans. It's more fun when you can appreciate a variety of personalities on your favorite team.

Roulin is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
  #399
Charkey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Sign a free agent, you have Tinordi coming or even another trade

Charkey is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
  #400
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate
 
Slew Foots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
dishonest ? really ? 2.5/3.0 would be unfair (nowhere near fair as in, FAR from fair I guess ?)... so let's see 3 Mil is FAR from fair... lemme guess again, 3.5 ? 4.0 ?

that wouldnt be very far from fair don't you think ?
Of course, a lot depends on the term, but 4.5m/year is much closer to fair than 2.5m/year.

Slew Foots is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.