HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
  #276
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name
 
Marlo Stanfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,713
vCash: 50
Who in Philly would be deemed more expendable (especially in a trade for a #1 defenseman); Couts or Brayden Schenn?

Spittballing another idea; Brayden + Luke Schenn for Subban + Plekanec/Eller?

Marlo Stanfield is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
  #277
Habs05
Registered User
 
Habs05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brossard, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
If there is truth to the rumors that Montreal is only offering 2 years..then that is pretty ridiculous IMO and PK should be holding out until he gets a better offer. If they are only gonna give a two year deal then they should offer 5mil per year, 3m/year is too low for a player as valuable as PK if you're only handing out 2 years. It seems like Montreal wants the best of both worlds right now, a low cap hit and a short term contract..you're gonna have to give up one.
It's his second contract, he's not UFA.

Carey Price signed a 2 years deal for 5,5 millions (total).
Max Pacioretty signed a 2 years deal for 3,25 millions.

*Those were their 2nd contract not the current ones.

Montreal wants to sign Subban the same way. They are prolly offering 2 years (maybe 3) for 4,5 millions per year. You think PK deserves more than Carey Price and Paciorrety?

Yes PK played alot last season but it's only because Markov was injured. PK has a great potential but he didn't prove anything yet and doesn't deserves a 7 millions, 6+ years deal IMO. He's just greedy atm and after a stupid lockout that's the last thing fans wants to see.

Habs05 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #278
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Who in Philly would be deemed more expendable (especially in a trade for a #1 defenseman); Couts or Brayden Schenn?

Spittballing another idea; Brayden + Luke Schenn for Subban + Plekanec/Eller?
Plekanec and Eller are definitely not close to being equal assets.

IF the Flyers approached the Habs on Subban, i'm almost certain the Habs would ask for Couturier + in return.

Patty Roy is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #279
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
The Flyers have $800K in cap space...how exactly are they going to sign PK to an offer sheet and stay under the cap?
Not a Flyers fan, but I think this is the cue where one would tell you about Pronger being on LTIR forevermore.

TorstenFrings is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #280
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Filppula isn't really what the Habs need and Smith is interesting, but the Habs already have blueliners like Beaulieu and Tinordi knocking on the door...I think they'd like something more proven. Your offer leaves us with a gaping hole on our blueline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, Smith is the right guy to include. I think there is something that could be built upon from DET if Smith and a 1st were in the package. A Filppula 3-month rental would carry some value, but maybe not the best market value possible for that asset, given the Habs' likely low chances of competing this year.
So what's wrong with what I suggested a couple of pages ago in Franzen, Ericsson, a prospect, and a pick (that nobody responded to)?

- Franzen is an experienced 30-goal scorer signed long-term at a very reasonable cap hit (Age: 33; signed until 2020 at $3.95m);
- Ericsson is young, signed for a couple of years, and has a top-4 upside (Age: 28; signed until 2014 at $3.25m);
- The Wings have a decent amount of talented forward prospects;
- Don't really know the value of picks


Last edited by RedMenace: 01-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
RedMenace is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
  #281
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs05 View Post
It's his second contract, he's not UFA.

Carey Price signed a 2 years deal for 5,5 millions (total).
Max Pacioretty signed a 2 years deal for 3,25 millions.

*Those were their 2nd contract not the current ones.

Montreal wants to sign Subban the same way. They are prolly offering 2 years (maybe 3) for 4,5 millions per year. You think PK deserves more than Carey Price and Paciorrety?

Yes PK played alot last season but it's only because Markov was injured. PK has a great potential but he didn't prove anything yet and doesn't deserves a 7 millions, 6+ years deal IMO. He's just greedy atm and after a stupid lockout that's the last thing fans wants to see.
You had me right up to the last paragraph.

You are assuming PK is asking for 7 million and 6+ years. I think both of those assumptions are inflated.

Patty Roy is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
  #282
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Not a Flyers fan, but I think this is the cue where one would tell you about Pronger being on LTIR forevermore.
Hmm...so if he is on LTIR then they get full cap relief of his contract?

Even if that were the case its not enough cap space to sign Subban to an offer sheet that the Habs would choose to not match.

Patty Roy is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
  #283
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Hmm...so if he is on LTIR then they get full cap relief of his contract?

Even if that were the case its not enough cap space to sign Subban to an offer sheet that the Habs would choose to not match.
Not entirely sure but the Flyers haven't put Walker or Pronger on LTIR yet. I think they both remain on the active roster. We put both of them on LTIR, they clear almost 6.8 million in salary.

Prongo is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
  #284
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
Subban really comes of as a greedy ******* by now.
Turris was greedy too, Ottawa will take it out of your hands with pleasure

guyzeur is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
  #285
Habs05
Registered User
 
Habs05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Brossard, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
You had me right up to the last paragraph.

You are assuming PK is asking for 7 million and 6+ years. I think both of those assumptions are inflated.
I'm pretty sure he's asking at least 6 millions. I don't see Bergevin giving him less than 4 millions and (according to newspapers) that's 3 million less than the amount he wants so you can do the math.

Quote:
"I think it's ultimately heading toward a trade," said McKenzie. "They're just too far apart on the term of the contract - P.K. wants long, the Canadiens want two years - and they're probably at least $2.5 to $3 million per year apart on where they want to be. Ultimately I think this ends up in a trade."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414354

Habs05 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
  #286
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Hmm...so if he is on LTIR then they get full cap relief of his contract?

Even if that were the case its not enough cap space to sign Subban to an offer sheet that the Habs would choose to not match.
Are the Habs going to choose to match a 5-year, $6.5 million/per deal? If they are planned to do that, why not just sign him to the deal he wants for the 5 years and a bit less money and save the headache? The Habs aren't budging on their 2-year max stance.

Boxscore is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
  #287
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Not entirely sure but the Flyers haven't put Walker or Pronger on LTIR yet. I think they both remain on the active roster. We put both of them on LTIR, they clear almost 6.8 million in salary.
So any idea why they haven't put them on LTIR yet? I would think that there would be some benefit in getting them on there asap.

Patty Roy is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
  #288
mackaveli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
How about

Gagner + MPS + Petry + 2 1st round picks for a 8 year signed Subban?

mackaveli is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
  #289
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
So what's wrong with what I suggested a couple of pages ago in Franzen, Ericsson, a prospect, and a pick (that nobody responded to)?

- Franzen is an experienced 30-goal scorer signed long-term at a very reasonable cap hit (Age: 33; signed until 2020 at $3.95m);
- Ericsson is young, signed for a couple of years, and has a top-4 upside (Age: 28; signed until 2014 at $3.25m);
- The Wings have a decent amount of talented forward prospects;
- Don't really know the value of picks
Franzen and Ericsson are both older than what we'd want if we traded Subban. By the time we can really compete (which would take longer to get there without Subban) they likely wouldn't be as good as they are now.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
  #290
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
The Canadiens also like Flyers prospect Nick Cousins a lot.

Boxscore is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
  #291
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Are the Habs going to choose to match a 5-year, $6.5 million/per deal? If they are planned to do that, why not just sign him to the deal he wants for the 5 years and a bit less money and save the headache? The Habs aren't budging on their 2-year max stance.
Yes they would match that.

Ideally the Habs want to sign him to that 2 year transition deal...its ultimately still speculation but that makes sense.

But if he signs an offer sheet and the option is giving him 5 years or letting him for for a couple of picks the Habs will SURELY match.

Patty Roy is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
  #292
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
Hmm...so if he is on LTIR then they get full cap relief of his contract?

Even if that were the case its not enough cap space to sign Subban to an offer sheet that the Habs would choose to not match.
I am going to be honest with you, I am not 100% sure I understand it correctly, "Pronger on LTIR" is just usually the thing Flyers fans say when they argue that their cap situation is A++ comfortable.

I _think_ for as long as a player is on LTIR you can repurpose the full cap hit and most Flyers fans anticipate Pronger to not play again this season or ever. No guarantees though.

TorstenFrings is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
  #293
IcemanTBI
Registered User
 
IcemanTBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of Ice
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
The Canadiens also like Flyers prospect Nick Cousins a lot.
Hehehehe.. Nicky Cousins.. Having an awesome season here in the Sault, he is a real pest. I would not be dissapointed if the Habs ended up with him some day.

IcemanTBI is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:10 PM
  #294
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
But if he signs an offer sheet and the option is giving him 5 years or letting him for for a couple of picks the Habs will SURELY match.
That's why a trade will be agreed to first. No way Habs take just a few picks.

Boxscore is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
  #295
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
So what's wrong with what I suggested a couple of pages ago in Franzen, Ericsson, a prospect, and a pick (that nobody responded to)?

- Franzen is an experienced 30-goal scorer signed long-term at a very reasonable cap hit (Age: 33; signed until 2020 at $3.95m);
- Ericsson is young, signed for a couple of years, and has a top-4 upside (Age: 28; signed until 2014 at $3.25m);
- The Wings have a decent amount of talented forward prospects;
- Don't really know the value of picks
MTL have no need for a 33 year old.

guyzeur is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
  #296
Empros*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Subban + Galchenyuk for Hall + Petry + 2013 1st + Gagner

Empros* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
  #297
Matt Damon
Registered User
 
Matt Damon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
To Carolina

D - PK Subban

To Montreal

D - Justin Faulk
C - Vicor Rask

Matt Damon is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
  #298
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given
 
RedMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Under the Bridge
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Franzen and Ericsson are both older than what we'd want if we traded Subban. By the time we can really compete (which would take longer to get there without Subban) they likely wouldn't be as good as they are now.
That certainly makes it tough then. Forward-wise, I'm pretty sure Nyquist and Tatar are at least going to be given a shot next year, and the Wings will probably try to re-sign Filppula... that means the only real skilled forward remaining is Franzen.

Defense-wise, I don't think Smith will be dumped quite so quickly, as the Wings have invested a LOT of time into his development, and other than Ericsson, there's nobody else of any real value (Kronwall is likely off limits) on the back end.

Ugh, but we NEEEEED a top-pairing guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
MTL have no need for a 33 year old.
Even one that can score 30 goals for ~$4m?

RedMenace is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
  #299
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR
 
Joe Sakic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 3,834
vCash: 500
He'll be traded to Philly.

Joe Sakic is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  #300
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
That certainly makes it tough then. Forward-wise, I'm pretty sure Nyquist and Tatar are at least going to be given a shot next year, and the Wings will probably try to re-sign Filppula... that means the only real skilled forward remaining is Franzen.

Defense-wise, I don't think Smith will be dumped quite so quickly, as the Wings have invested a LOT of time into his development, and other than Ericsson, there's nobody else of any real value (Kronwall is likely off limits) on the back end.

Ugh, but we NEEEEED a top-pairing guy!

Even one that can score 30 goals for ~$4m?
Detroit could be painful to watch this year but Seth Jones is available

guyzeur is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.