HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) II

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Who in Philly would be deemed more expendable (especially in a trade for a #1 defenseman); Couts or Brayden Schenn?

Spittballing another idea; Brayden + Luke Schenn for Subban + Plekanec/Eller?

Old
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Habs05

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
If there is truth to the rumors that Montreal is only offering 2 years..then that is pretty ridiculous IMO and PK should be holding out until he gets a better offer. If they are only gonna give a two year deal then they should offer 5mil per year, 3m/year is too low for a player as valuable as PK if you're only handing out 2 years. It seems like Montreal wants the best of both worlds right now, a low cap hit and a short term contract..you're gonna have to give up one.
It's his second contract, he's not UFA.

Carey Price signed a 2 years deal for 5,5 millions (total).
Max Pacioretty signed a 2 years deal for 3,25 millions.

*Those were their 2nd contract not the current ones.

Montreal wants to sign Subban the same way. They are prolly offering 2 years (maybe 3) for 4,5 millions per year. You think PK deserves more than Carey Price and Paciorrety?

Yes PK played alot last season but it's only because Markov was injured. PK has a great potential but he didn't prove anything yet and doesn't deserves a 7 millions, 6+ years deal IMO. He's just greedy atm and after a stupid lockout that's the last thing fans wants to see.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Who in Philly would be deemed more expendable (especially in a trade for a #1 defenseman); Couts or Brayden Schenn?

Spittballing another idea; Brayden + Luke Schenn for Subban + Plekanec/Eller?
Plekanec and Eller are definitely not close to being equal assets.

IF the Flyers approached the Habs on Subban, i'm almost certain the Habs would ask for Couturier + in return.

Old
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
The Flyers have $800K in cap space...how exactly are they going to sign PK to an offer sheet and stay under the cap?
Not a Flyers fan, but I think this is the cue where one would tell you about Pronger being on LTIR forevermore.

Old
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Filppula isn't really what the Habs need and Smith is interesting, but the Habs already have blueliners like Beaulieu and Tinordi knocking on the door...I think they'd like something more proven. Your offer leaves us with a gaping hole on our blueline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Well, Smith is the right guy to include. I think there is something that could be built upon from DET if Smith and a 1st were in the package. A Filppula 3-month rental would carry some value, but maybe not the best market value possible for that asset, given the Habs' likely low chances of competing this year.
So what's wrong with what I suggested a couple of pages ago in Franzen, Ericsson, a prospect, and a pick (that nobody responded to)?

- Franzen is an experienced 30-goal scorer signed long-term at a very reasonable cap hit (Age: 33; signed until 2020 at $3.95m);
- Ericsson is young, signed for a couple of years, and has a top-4 upside (Age: 28; signed until 2014 at $3.25m);
- The Wings have a decent amount of talented forward prospects;
- Don't really know the value of picks

Last edited by RedMenace: 01-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs05 View Post
It's his second contract, he's not UFA.

Carey Price signed a 2 years deal for 5,5 millions (total).
Max Pacioretty signed a 2 years deal for 3,25 millions.

*Those were their 2nd contract not the current ones.

Montreal wants to sign Subban the same way. They are prolly offering 2 years (maybe 3) for 4,5 millions per year. You think PK deserves more than Carey Price and Paciorrety?

Yes PK played alot last season but it's only because Markov was injured. PK has a great potential but he didn't prove anything yet and doesn't deserves a 7 millions, 6+ years deal IMO. He's just greedy atm and after a stupid lockout that's the last thing fans wants to see.
You had me right up to the last paragraph.

You are assuming PK is asking for 7 million and 6+ years. I think both of those assumptions are inflated.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Not a Flyers fan, but I think this is the cue where one would tell you about Pronger being on LTIR forevermore.
Hmm...so if he is on LTIR then they get full cap relief of his contract?

Even if that were the case its not enough cap space to sign Subban to an offer sheet that the Habs would choose to not match.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

Even if that were the case its not enough cap space to sign Subban to an offer sheet that the Habs would choose to not match.
Not entirely sure but the Flyers haven't put Walker or Pronger on LTIR yet. I think they both remain on the active roster. We put both of them on LTIR, they clear almost 6.8 million in salary.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
Subban really comes of as a greedy ******* by now.
Turris was greedy too, Ottawa will take it out of your hands with pleasure

Old
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Habs05

Quote:
You had me right up to the last paragraph.

You are assuming PK is asking for 7 million and 6+ years. I think both of those assumptions are inflated.
I'm pretty sure he's asking at least 6 millions. I don't see Bergevin giving him less than 4 millions and (according to newspapers) that's 3 million less than the amount he wants so you can do the math.

Quote:
"I think it's ultimately heading toward a trade," said McKenzie. "They're just too far apart on the term of the contract - P.K. wants long, the Canadiens want two years - and they're probably at least $2.5 to $3 million per year apart on where they want to be. Ultimately I think this ends up in a trade."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414354

Old
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:

Are the Habs going to choose to match a 5-year, $6.5 million/per deal? If they are planned to do that, why not just sign him to the deal he wants for the 5 years and a bit less money and save the headache? The Habs aren't budging on their 2-year max stance.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Not entirely sure but the Flyers haven't put Walker or Pronger on LTIR yet. I think they both remain on the active roster. We put both of them on LTIR, they clear almost 6.8 million in salary.
So any idea why they haven't put them on LTIR yet? I would think that there would be some benefit in getting them on there asap.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
mackaveli

How about

Gagner + MPS + Petry + 2 1st round picks for a 8 year signed Subban?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
So what's wrong with what I suggested a couple of pages ago in Franzen, Ericsson, a prospect, and a pick (that nobody responded to)?

- Franzen is an experienced 30-goal scorer signed long-term at a very reasonable cap hit (Age: 33; signed until 2020 at $3.95m);
- Ericsson is young, signed for a couple of years, and has a top-4 upside (Age: 28; signed until 2014 at $3.25m);
Franzen and Ericsson are both older than what we'd want if we traded Subban. By the time we can really compete (which would take longer to get there without Subban) they likely wouldn't be as good as they are now.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

The Canadiens also like Flyers prospect Nick Cousins a lot.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Are the Habs going to choose to match a 5-year, $6.5 million/per deal? If they are planned to do that, why not just sign him to the deal he wants for the 5 years and a bit less money and save the headache? The Habs aren't budging on their 2-year max stance.
Yes they would match that.

Ideally the Habs want to sign him to that 2 year transition deal...its ultimately still speculation but that makes sense.

But if he signs an offer sheet and the option is giving him 5 years or letting him for for a couple of picks the Habs will SURELY match.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:

I am going to be honest with you, I am not 100% sure I understand it correctly, "Pronger on LTIR" is just usually the thing Flyers fans say when they argue that their cap situation is A++ comfortable.

I _think_ for as long as a player is on LTIR you can repurpose the full cap hit and most Flyers fans anticipate Pronger to not play again this season or ever. No guarantees though.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
IcemanTBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
The Canadiens also like Flyers prospect Nick Cousins a lot.
Hehehehe.. Nicky Cousins.. Having an awesome season here in the Sault, he is a real pest. I would not be dissapointed if the Habs ended up with him some day.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
But if he signs an offer sheet and the option is giving him 5 years or letting him for for a couple of picks the Habs will SURELY match.
That's why a trade will be agreed to first. No way Habs take just a few picks.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
guyzeur

Quote:

MTL have no need for a 33 year old.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Empros*

Subban + Galchenyuk for Hall + Petry + 2013 1st + Gagner

Old
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Matt Damon

To Carolina

D - PK Subban

To Montreal

D - Justin Faulk
C - Vicor Rask

Old
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Franzen and Ericsson are both older than what we'd want if we traded Subban. By the time we can really compete (which would take longer to get there without Subban) they likely wouldn't be as good as they are now.
That certainly makes it tough then. Forward-wise, I'm pretty sure Nyquist and Tatar are at least going to be given a shot next year, and the Wings will probably try to re-sign Filppula... that means the only real skilled forward remaining is Franzen.

Defense-wise, I don't think Smith will be dumped quite so quickly, as the Wings have invested a LOT of time into his development, and other than Ericsson, there's nobody else of any real value (Kronwall is likely off limits) on the back end.

Ugh, but we NEEEEED a top-pairing guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
MTL have no need for a 33 year old.
Even one that can score 30 goals for ~$4m?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

He'll be traded to Philly.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
That certainly makes it tough then. Forward-wise, I'm pretty sure Nyquist and Tatar are at least going to be given a shot next year, and the Wings will probably try to re-sign Filppula... that means the only real skilled forward remaining is Franzen.

Defense-wise, I don't think Smith will be dumped quite so quickly, as the Wings have invested a LOT of time into his development, and other than Ericsson, there's nobody else of any real value (Kronwall is likely off limits) on the back end.

Ugh, but we NEEEEED a top-pairing guy!

Even one that can score 30 goals for ~$4m?
Detroit could be painful to watch this year but Seth Jones is available

Closed Thread