HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXVIII - "Watch out for that Tree"

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 12:23 PM
bruinsfan46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
While I can understand that lack of ownership can impact negatively ST sales, AD sales and team gear sales...

I do not understand how lack of ownership can stop someone from enjoying cheap hockey as often as they can. I mean, I might not buy a ST, but I do not care if there is an owner or not, all I care is to enjoy hockey live.

I'm pretty sure that even on Stubhub those tickets to make profits both for Teams and Stubhub
Exactly. Plus if there was ever a time for Coyotes fans to prove they exist, now would be the time while Jamison is getting investors together. And the fact that one guy thinks the Coyotes drawing 11,000 per night on weeknights in year's past doesn't fit the idea that Glendale is a terrible market, shows just how terrible it is, 11,000 is an incredibly low number for an NHL game. If the Coyotes can't get anybody to come on weeknights, I don't see how they can remain in the NHL. The reality is an NHL schedule will include lots of weeknight games.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:24 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
What is your source for the price of tickets?
Someone posted a link to the ticket pricing for yesterday's Jackets/Yotes game, some tickets were indeed $3,$4 and $5, don't know about the lower bowl.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesamonster View Post
Please don`t tell me you actually pulled something like that off?...
Yepp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
I believe the FAA protocol now is to allow AM's to taze on-site for such things.
You try somethin like that post 9/11, youd be lit up like a Christmas Tree. All the deadlier soaking wet, 50,000 volts coursing through your veins. Be nothing much left of your remains than a smouldering heap of charcoal briquettes, easily Hoovered up by The Cleaner; Samuel L. Jackson & his Sani-Clean Team.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:46 PM
mesamonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Yepp.

You try somethin like that post 9/11, youd be lit up like a Christmas Tree. All the deadlier soaking wet, 50,000 volts coursing through your veins. Be nothing much left of your remains than a smouldering heap of charcoal briquettes, easily Hoovered up by The Cleaner; Samuel L. Jackson & his Sani-Clean Team.
LOL LOL LOL

Old
01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Wow... Twitterverse is rather active in last 20 minutes from the "usual suspects". Air of nervousness?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
GuelphStormer

Quote:
Wow... Twitterverse is rather active in last 20 minutes from the "usual suspects". Air of nervousness?
do tell

Old
01-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Slashers98

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
do tell
yes, tell us, they all blocked me because they hate me so much

Old
01-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Means they're outta the loop (that's to be expected truthfully) or have been given no firm reassurances as deadline nears. Again, honestly, the passing of the Jan 31st date is to be expected but they are however, seemingly getting antsy.

Quote:
Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

After 19 mo emotional roller coaster I remain strong in belief that coyote ownership saga is nearly over. And so should you.
Quote:
Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

@Why_Zee @avscoyotes12 Yes there is if deal had been in some kind of danger. But a week away from finality?? No point.
Quote:
Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

What it comes down to, is either you believe what Jamison has said and that is, it will be done by Jan 31 or you do not.
Quote:
Joyce Clark‏

“@gollybass: @gregdunaway right because they would have ANYTHING to gain from doing that” We have lost personal $$ in support of effort.
Last one, then you all need to be looking yourselves

Quote:
Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

@AvsCoyotes12 @why_zee Look, the ONLY time to be concerned is AFTER Jan 31
The other usual suspect

Old
01-24-2013, 01:37 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Sure seems to be. I keep hoping Kaiser Soze.... oops, make that
Greg Jamison throws away the crutch, loses the limp & gets real.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Looking at George's twitter feed picture & accompanying explanation, seems he pulled a Sonny Bono up at Tahoe. Total Faceplant. Didnt "Look out for that tree" and tried to kiss one doing a buck sixty on a pair of Rossignol Runaways... Sure hope he wasnt riding around Heavenly Valley on a cocktail of Vicodin, Valium & Vodka like the now deceased Senator. Ive tried it, and Im an expert skier. Pretty hairy. Good job I have absolutely no memory of the experience whatsoever.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Stats01

This team needs to move ASAP..embarassing turnout for their second home game of the year. What are the excuses now from Coyotes fans. Please enlighten me.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Actually an increase compared to similar situations of recent seasons past. 6500-7000 hasn't been uncommon early in the year during weekday games. Before the ownership fiasco, the Coyotes could draw 11k+ on weekdays, even against bad teams. I know that doesn't fit in with the whole "hur durr phoenix a bad market" vibe here, but it shows the importance of having an actual owner. Hard to expect businesses and corporations to renew agreements when they could be moved at any time.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS020266.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS020326.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS020359.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS020374.HTM
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/GS020419.HTM
Coming off a WCF appearance are you seriously going to blame the attendance on not having an owner. How many times are Coyote fans going to use that as a crutch.. pathetic. How about getting off the message boards and going to some games once and a while. Honestly how many more years do we have to watch on television chunks and chunks of empty seats. Tickets are like 4 bucks lol if you're a hockey fan how do you beat that deal.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:28 PM
ssmatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Coming off a WCF appearance are you seriously going to blame the attendance on not having an owner. How many times are Coyote fans going to use that as a crutch.. pathetic. How about getting off the message boards and going to some games once and a while. Honestly how many more years do we have to watch on television chunks and chunks of empty seats. Tickets are like 4 bucks lol if you're a hockey fan how do you beat that deal.
What kind of crazy sentences are they handing out in your courts?

Old
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 540
Why must we continually talk about the attendance in Phoenix. Its bad. Its been bad for years. Its not worse this season then the one prior to it or the one prior to that. Its not like the prospective owner doesn't already know all that. The line of suitors for the team have all known this. So this is kind of irrlevant to the saga at this point. GJ has signed a lease agreement. The question now becomes does he have the money to finalize the deal? Will it get done by the 31st? If he doesn't why did he say he did? Is he insane? Is he doing Bettman a favour of some sort? Why did Bettman seem so sure that it would get done with GJ back in May?

Old
01-24-2013, 02:50 PM
goalie311

I noticed this one:

Quote:
Joyce Clark ‏@clarkjv
We will never hear "in 2 more wks again!"Exactly one week left until Jan. 31 #coyoteshereforever
Seems pretty definitive, so maybe there won't be any extensions granted and we'll know one way or the other what happens if this reaches Feb. 1st.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Jr Shabadoo View Post
I noticed this one:

Seems pretty definitive, so maybe there won't be any extensions granted and we'll know one way or the other what happens if this reaches Feb. 1st.
Hopefully she isn't blowing (more) hot air out of her mouth.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Hawker14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
GJ has signed a lease agreement.
Has he ?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
GJ has signed a lease agreement.
No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker14 View Post
Has he ?
... he hasnt. The COG has, and provided him with everything he needs short of a check to close the sale with the NHL by January 31st, otherwise, barring an extension, the agreement with Glendale is off the table. As today is the 24th, he essentially has 7 to close with the league. If he requires more time, I believe it will be granted, and as I understand it, a "Special Council Meeting" or whatever isnt required to do so. They might just quietly send out a release announcing it, for surely if he was/is that close to actually buying the team by next week, youd just have to think there would be a flurry of activity signalling such...

Old
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
As I probably said for the first time a good year ago, I'll believe that this whole saga is over when [insert potential owner of the week here]'s check is in the NHL's hands and they find out that it doesn't bounce when they try to deposit it.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Jr Shabadoo View Post
I noticed this one:

Definitive in the notion that Jan 31st is the deadline only. And, if seemingly definitive, why the rest of the tweets with hints of reservation?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
JimAnchower

Quote:
Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

After 19 mo emotional roller coaster I remain strong in belief that coyote ownership saga is nearly over. And so should you.
Actually Joyce, it's been over 44 months since Moyes filed for bankruptcy to start the mess, but who's counting?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Whileee

Well, we might have another candidate emerging for a Title Thread, courtesy of the ever voluble and crusty Joyce V Clark:

Quote:
Joyce Clark ‏@clarkjv
@gfallar @sineruairi @johnhisc2 @jmichael7753 Tortoise and Hare...who won?
Phoenix LXIX: And in this corner, Greg "The Tortoise" Jamison.

I'm not sure that characterizing Greg in such terms is particularly flattering, given his rather doddering approach and demeanor, but whatever...

Old
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
As I probably said for the first time a good year ago, I'll believe that this whole saga is over when [insert potential owner of the week here]'s check is in the NHL's hands and they find out that it doesn't bounce when they try to deposit it.
Sure would be interesting to sit in on the BOG's Meeting when they discuss the ownership in Phoenix. Just who exactly these Phantom Investors might be, whether or not the leagues scoped & vetted them out properly or granted latitude because Jamisons involved (he was the guy responsible for giving Boots Del Biaggio his start on a Life of Crime in the NHL btw). Whether or not they stick to their guns in requiring that the ownership group pay full price and in cash with no less than 50% of the sale price also banked and or available via a secured LOC to cover losses moving forward. More than a few guys sitting around that table will have some pretty serious questions & concerns I should think.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

Wait a minute... I thought that once Glendale had signed the lease, this was a done deal. After all, his supporters in city hall maintained that Jamison already had the investors lined up so all they needed to do was approve and sign the lease with him. Remember Scruggs waving her cell phone at Jamison and telling him how she had repeatedly received text messages from Beasley assuring her that Jamison had the money?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
silvercanuck

how about:

"the coyote ownership saga is nearly over"

obviously it's not!

Closed Thread