HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
  #426
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Guys like Ryan whitney and Timmonen, but their fillers though
fillers?if that.theres not alot out there to replace him.teams(well most teams)dont let they re young #1 or #2 d men go.

haburger* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  #427
MicroFracture
Registered User
 
MicroFracture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisboi514 View Post
Exactly, there is no behavior problem in Subban's case, he's out there in the community helping all the time, and there has never been problems with his work ethics. The problem is that the media in Montreal is trying to make it seem like he's got serious attitude problems or w.e. and it's turing the fans against him. The Sports media in Montreal are masters at creating Sensationalism... They create stories out of nothing, they almost got price out of there and they are really going hard on PK now that Gomez is gone and there is not much else to talk about.
Exactly. It seems everyone on this board has forgotten how the media did the same thing to Carey Price as well.

MicroFracture is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  #428
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.


2 years in the nhl is enough to prove something?
Enough to prove that even if he doesn't improve from last season he's already a very good top 4 D.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
  #429
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
This discussion is going in circles. We need a new angle.

Where did Brian Savage go? Did his wife take away internet privileges?
We should have MB and PK sit down together with the copacabana guy "Tequilla, Heineken, pas l'temps d'niaiser!"

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
  #430
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
This. All I am seeing in this thread are sheeps of the media blabbering unfounded opinions.
Rob Ford in Toronto coaches unprivileged kids football. He's still a complete buffoon with little integrity, although it's nice he helps these kids out. It does not mean that Rob Ford has no issue. He's a pathological liar and divisive leader.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM
  #431
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
We should have MB and PK sit down together with the copacabana guy "Tequilla, Heineken, pas l'temps d'niaiser!"
Yeah, NO EXCUSES !!!

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:21 PM
  #432
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
This. All I am seeing in this thread are sheeps of the media blabbering unfounded opinions.

after reading the buyout thread, it's clear as day that fans do not need the medias.

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
  #433
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.


2 years in the nhl is enough to prove something?
Given what he has done on the ice in past to years, from being most productive D, points wise, to his hits, to his defensive play, to his insane amount of TOI for such young player,
yes he proved he's a top tier D, and VERY successful 2nd round draft pick.

uiCk is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
  #434
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Enough to prove that even if he doesn't improve from last season he's already a very good top 4 D.
Give him the bank!!!

Seriously, Subban is a really good defenceman, I just think its premature to scream payday for him yet. He'll get it, but not this year imo

Kenny Powders is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:24 PM
  #435
Kenny Powders
Registered User
 
Kenny Powders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Given what he has done on the ice in past to years, from being most productive D, points wise, to his hits, to his defensive play, to his insane amount of TOI for such young player,
yes he proved he's a top tier D, and VERY successful 2nd round draft pick.
No doubt he his. Never went against that.

Kenny Powders is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:26 PM
  #436
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Give him the bank!!!

Seriously, Subban is a really good defenceman, I just think its premature to scream payday for him yet. He'll get it, but not this year imo
few years ago i would of said the same, but given what has happened in past few years with RFAs, especially high profile D, it's pretty normal that subban is asking for alot.

uiCk is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #437
Habskrieg
Registered User
 
Habskrieg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisboi514 View Post
Exactly, there is no behavior problem in Subban's case, he's out there in the community helping all the time, and there has never been problems with his work ethics. The problem is that the media in Montreal is trying to make it seem like he's got serious attitude problems or w.e. and it's turing the fans against him. The Sports media in Montreal are masters at creating Sensationalism... They create stories out of nothing, they almost got price out of there and they are really going hard on PK now that Gomez is gone and there is not much else to talk about.
Pretty much. I've always thought this. How good would it be if we could cull the ******** media. There are some good reporters. But most are just a tumor to the city and the team.

Habskrieg is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
  #438
Malmsteen44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Meehan wants to meet Bergevin this week to talk Subban. My guess is he's signed by next week. How frustrating is it that last year we were talking the possibility of having 2 #1 defensmen this season with a healthy Markov, and now we have to wait because baby Subban thinks he's Drew Doughty now.
This type of "LOGIC" is very amusing. You say there is a possibility of P.K. being a #1 defenseman, yet you don't want him to be paid like one. All I know is that non of these arm chair players would take less money than they thought they were worth. I love how folks comment on how much someone else should make. O.k. I say none of you sanitation workers should ask for more than 15K/year. Sound fair or are you just being greedy? Top defensemen get top dollars PERIOD.

Malmsteen44 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
  #439
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
I don't get why people assume we'd lose a trade if we send PK somewhere. I guess it must be the ol pessimistic 'habs can never have it good for ANYTHING'.

Kessel got traded and no one can actually say Boston lost that trade and the big difference is that Boston didn't have the money to sign him, nor could they have matched a big offersheet without having to trade someone else. Both these things the Habs CAN do which Boston couldn't. A good GM could get a lot by trading Subban. If we trade him and don't get close in the deal or actually get the upperhand, that would tell us a lot on Bergevin's bargaining skills.

I'm starting to feel that MB is all pretty cliché smiles for photo ops, but not much substance. What will happen with Subban in the coming days and weeks will tell us a lot about MB's actual abilities as a GM.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
  #440
elsubz
Registered User
 
elsubz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Give him the bank!!!

Seriously, Subban is a really good defenceman, I just think its premature to scream payday for him yet. He'll get it, but not this year imo
What's the benefit of doing a bridge contract now when we already know what Subban will bring? Wait until he becomes UFA and his value increases to his maximum so the team isn't able to sign him anymore and looses him in a few years? Is it that hard to give a longterm contract to a promising young player?


Last edited by elsubz: 01-24-2013 at 01:36 PM.
elsubz is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
  #441
Malmsteen44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Pretty much. I've always thought this. How good would it be if we could cull the ******** media. There are some good reporters. But most are just a tumor to the city and the team.
The media is probably why no top tier free agents (Quebec born especially) want to come to Montreal. Drafts or trades are the only hope, because nobody wants their private lives in the papers.

Malmsteen44 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
  #442
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,630
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Kessel got traded and no one can actually say Boston lost that trade
Problem is that no bad team will likely ever trade an unprotected 1st rounder again after that deal.

If Toronto finishes 3rd worst instead of 2nd worst that year Boston no longer 'wins' that trade.

RDS.ca has become an anti-Subban war zone the last couple of days, what a joke.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
  #443
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I don't get why people assume we'd lose a trade if we send PK somewhere. I guess it must be the ol pessimistic 'habs can never have it good for ANYTHING'.

Kessel got traded and no one can actually say Boston lost that trade and the big difference is that Boston didn't have the money to sign him, nor could they have matched a big offersheet without having to trade someone else. Both these things the Habs CAN do which Boston couldn't. A good GM could get a lot by trading Subban. If we trade him and don't get close in the deal or actually get the upperhand, that would tell us a lot on Bergevin's bargaining skills.

I'm starting to feel that MB is all pretty cliché smiles for photo ops, but not much substance. What will happen with Subban in the coming days and weeks will tell us a lot about MB's actual abilities as a GM.
We would lose the trade because we would be trading from a weakened position.
Boston won the trade because Boston found 1) Burke and 2) Toronto was incredibly desperate.
So yeah, I think we would lose any such trade.

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
  #444
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I don't get why people assume we'd lose a trade if we send PK somewhere. I guess it must be the ol pessimistic 'habs can never have it good for ANYTHING'.

Kessel got traded and no one can actually say Boston lost that trade and the big difference is that Boston didn't have the money to sign him, nor could they have matched a big offersheet without having to trade someone else. Both these things the Habs CAN do which Boston couldn't. A good GM could get a lot by trading Subban. If we trade him and don't get close in the deal or actually get the upperhand, that would tell us a lot on Bergevin's bargaining skills.

I'm starting to feel that MB is all pretty cliché smiles for photo ops, but not much substance. What will happen with Subban in the coming days and weeks will tell us a lot about MB's actual abilities as a GM.
This is my worry as well. The fact that he brought PK's contract situation to this point really worry me. PK should be ahead of MaxPac on the depth chart. Why would he negotiated with MaxPac and gave him contract while delaying contract negotiation with PK?

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
  #445
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I don't get why people assume we'd lose a trade if we send PK somewhere. I guess it must be the ol pessimistic 'habs can never have it good for ANYTHING'.

Kessel got traded and no one can actually say Boston lost that trade and the big difference is that Boston didn't have the money to sign him, nor could they have matched a big offersheet without having to trade someone else. Both these things the Habs CAN do which Boston couldn't. A good GM could get a lot by trading Subban. If we trade him and don't get close in the deal or actually get the upperhand, that would tell us a lot on Bergevin's bargaining skills.

I'm starting to feel that MB is all pretty cliché smiles for photo ops, but not much substance. What will happen with Subban in the coming days and weeks will tell us a lot about MB's actual abilities as a GM.
The only good thing that has happened (or not happened as the case may be) is that Subban has not publicly asked for a trade. When that happens it could be Rejean Houle 2.

Sorry you have that feeling about MB, but you typed exactly what I see as well. I just brush it off as English-Second-Language for now.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:37 PM
  #446
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Problem is that no bad team will likely ever trade an unprotected 1st rounder again after that deal.

If Toronto finishes 3rd worst instead of 2nd worst that year Boston no longer 'wins' that trade.

RDS.ca has become an anti-Subban war zone the last couple of days, what a joke.
I don't buy it. This mentality would have those same bad teams never try an offersheet because of the same reason.

The point was value per se, not to actually get the same Boston got (two first picks).

Pretty sure we can get pretty significant value for Subban on the market. At least to have the offer balance for both sides. Habs have a few luxuries in Subban's case that Boston didn't have with Kessel.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
  #447
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I don't buy it. This mentality would have those same bad teams never try an offersheet because of the same reason.

The point was value per se, not to actually get the same Boston got (two first picks).

Pretty sure we can get pretty significant value for Subban on the market. At least to have the offer balance for both sides. Habs have a few luxuries in Subban's case that Boston didn't have with Kessel.
I still like Edmonton as a trade partner.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM
  #448
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
fillers?if that.theres not alot out there to replace him.teams(well most teams)dont let they re young #1 or #2 d men go.
And I dont see those teams letting these guys leave.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM
  #449
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Problem is that no bad team will likely ever trade an unprotected 1st rounder again after that deal.

If Toronto finishes 3rd worst instead of 2nd worst that year Boston no longer 'wins' that trade.

RDS.ca has become an anti-Subban war zone the last couple of days, what a joke.
I don't know why Columbus didn't make a trade with Toronto to make that happen. Trade a veteran or two to Toronto for a prospect or two. That's what Sam Pollock would of done.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
  #450
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 34,149
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I still like Edmonton as a trade partner.
That is the best partner but which of Hall, Eberle or RNH would they want to part with?

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.