HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your call: Should canadiens sign or trade subban?

Old
01-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
You'd trade a guy who has a decent chance of being a Norris nominee sometime in next 5 years over 0.5 million $ ???

This whole dispute looks really stupid and if it goes on another week I think it will hurt the reputations of both Bergevin & Don Meehan, they really need to settle on 2-3 years, 4.5 - 5 million and move on. A young RFA missing games over a contract negotiations is embarrassing.
In my 40 years watching , the NHL highway is littered with potential something or others.
And yes, from a business perspective, a line needs to be drawn somewhere as it affects the entire structure.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:35 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
You'd trade a guy who has a decent chance of being a Norris nominee sometime in next 5 years over 0.5 million $ ???

This whole dispute looks really stupid and if it goes on another week I think it will hurt the reputations of both Bergevin & Don Meehan, they really need to settle on 2-3 years, 4.5 - 5 million and move on. A young RFA missing games over a contract negotiations is embarrassing.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
IMO, they need to keep him.

The habs have had a lot of problems signing/retaining FA's the past decade. Its already the case they have to overpay crap players to play there, now you send a message that you can't even make up your mind on a home grown guy? Not good.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:48 PM
KnightofBoston
Mnt. Carlo

I smell a trade to Detroit

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
patty59

trade him to SJ for Gomez.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I smell a trade to Detroit
unfortunately, that makes a lot of sense.

Killerbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
The Habs may not get fair value for him anyway cause other team can just give him an offer sheet for what he wants (~5M/y from what we hear) and it only cost a 1st and a 3rd I think. or maybe also a 2nd.

It surprises me that the agent of Subban and Benn aren't trying to sign an offer sheet with another team. Smells collusion to me...
Do we know that offers or discussions haven't taken place but both their priorities are to remain with their respective clubs? I know it sounds fishy to us JJ but we don't hear all that takes place.

I would suspect that the majority of GM's have called to find out what the cost would be for either to play in their city (shame on those that haven't because it's their job) only to find out they don't have the necessary picks, the cap space going forward or not in their budget to sign him to an offer sheet. A trade would be the most viable option to most teams.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 450
From what I understand, this deal is as much about term as it is about money. Montreal most likely wants a bridge contract, in other words, I think that they probably think 2-3 million a season. I think he's worth 5, especially when one starts looking around the league for comparables.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
IMO, they need to keep him.

The habs have had a lot of problems signing/retaining FA's the past decade. Its already the case they have to overpay crap players to play there, now you send a message that you can't even make up your mind on a home grown guy? Not good.
That's how I see it. They're where we were in the 90's. The fanbase would go insane if he walked. And, if they appease him, the drama, and especially the pressure on him would be absolutely immense! Win - win. Ha ha...Muuhaaaahahahaha!!!

Also, assuming Malcolm makes the show for us in a few years, just think of the potential trash talking on the ice.

"Hey, PK. I never told you, but I used to use your toothbrush to scrub my *******!".

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
yes but in his defence they were all hab's. Wouldn't you get into altercations with them
well thats the thing...
The hab on hab crime confuses me. When they finally grow enough balls to fight, its with each other lol. Perhaps its because they know they won't get hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Yes, but I would imagine one would become enraged if your teammates were stealing your kotex and mydol all the time too.

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Chia should pull a Burkie, and offer a 1st, 2nd and Bartkowski under the threat of an offer sheet

Last edited by Shoebottom: 01-24-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:21 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
well thats the thing...
The hab on hab crime confuses me. When they finally grow enough balls to fight, its with each other lol. Perhaps its because they know they won't get hurt?
That's not true at all!

Scratching and biting can cause terrible infections.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
well thats the thing...

I don't know the reason why but I don't think that lockerroom has been real good for a few years. but who knows maybe it is PK but maybe it was the others. What I do know is that the Bruins have a great group of guys and with Z and PB leading the way I don't think PK would be an issue at all.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

And I'm sure Subban would be very willing to play here with his brother and not face Lucic 8x a year. Plus having Chara to back you up would be tremendous. Hopefully Knight will be ready soon to replace Peverley, and maybe don't re-sign Ference (as much as I would hate that). Subban is special, in a good way and a bad way

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:38 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Subban is a brat, but if you guys think for 1 second that Chara wouldn't straighten him out if he was on this team then you don't know this team very well.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
YOUR CALL: SHOULD CANADIENS SIGN OR TRADE SUBBAN?
Yes, they should trade him.

I don't think Montreal is a good fit for PK Subban. He seems like the kind of guy who can get full of himself and carried away, and no place blows more smoke up your skirt than that town. I just don't think that's what he needs.

It's not an indictment of Subban- I don't think it would be good for Seguin either. While a guy like Bergeron would handle it fine. Different strokes, and all that.

I think Philly would be a good trading partner. They need to rebuild their D, Subban's brash personality and style would go over well there, they have the young assets to make a deal, and their GM isn't afraid to make big moves.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Subban is a brat, but if you guys think for 1 second that Chara wouldn't straighten him out if he was on this team then you don't know this team very well.
The question is how much his value is inflated because of his reputation as a brat and all the freedom he's had on the ice. Playing in a more restrictive system would he be able to effect the game as much as he has? I don't think so.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Fire Sweeney

Trade the cancer before the locker room gets all rotten.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
The question is how much his value is inflated because of his reputation as a brat and all the freedom he's had on the ice. Playing in a more restrictive system would he be able to effect the game as much as he has? I don't think so.
well I think that the freedom that Dougie has been given early on is an indicator that Claude is willing to let guys with that skillset put it to use. If anything I'd argue that the added structure would be good for Subban's game.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:04 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
well I think that the freedom that Dougie has been given early on is an indicator that Claude is willing to let guys with that skillset put it to use. If anything I'd argue that the added structure would be good for Subban's game.
They've been grooming Dougie to reign his game in for quite a while now. He's getting minutes but only because he isn't gambling with his decision making out there the way Subban does just about every shift.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:11 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I'd love to see PK on the Bruins. The Bruins would move out anyone on the blueline not named Chara, Hamilton, or Seidenburg to make room for him in a heartbeat.

Boychuk
Spooner
1st 2013

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
That's not true at all!

Scratching and biting can cause terrible infections.
touche

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

I just think he want's out of the media circus that is MTL so no matter what they offer him he won't take it.

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
nmbr_24

They should trade him if they aren't willing to pay him close to what players like him are getting in almost every other city. I don't have a problem with Subban getting $5 million, I think he is worth it, certainly more than a guy like Dennis Wideman is worth that kind of money.

They should sign him to an 8 year contract at $5 million per year, by year 3-4 he will be a bargain I am guessing.

I love the turmoil it will cause with the montreal media no matter what happens, I at least want it to drag out another month or so

As far as Subban coming to the Bruins, it would be nice but I doubt the habs are going to give the Bruins a favorable deal. They wouldn't want to face Subban in a Bruins uni every other week.

Maybe a 3 way deal would make it possible, but I couldn't begin to guess what would be required in return.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
The Canadiens would be crazy to let him go. He is a the one thing every team always is looking for and that is a puck moving dman. I don't like the kids attitude, but I would live with it if he was a Bruin no problem. How long have we been looking for a puck moving dman? Since Bourque left. I think we now have it in Dougie, but it took like 11 years to finally get him

Compare the potential impact on the team of the behavior/attitude of Subban vs. Hamilton.

I choose Hamilton.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote