HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey View Post
We would lose the trade because we would be trading from a weakened position.
Boston won the trade because Boston found 1) Burke and 2) Toronto was incredibly desperate.
So yeah, I think we would lose any such trade.
False interpretation. Habs are not in a weakened position. That's the usual pessimistic Habs fan mentality speaking.

If Habs were in a weakened position one of these things would've happened already, 1- MB would've caved in 2- Subban would've asked a trade 3- An offersheet would've been signed 4- Signed him close to what Subban wants (and then try to trade him)

Habs can sit him out all season if they like. I don't see how they are in a weak position. There are probably a few teams that would want him and getting a bidding war going wouldn't be all that hard for such a talent. If teams don't want to give enough, no problem, we'll sign him and wait for another moment to trade him.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Give him the bank!!!

Seriously, Subban is a really good defenceman, I just think its premature to scream payday for him yet. He'll get it, but not this year imo
Well I'm not 'screaming' payday. Just pay him based on last season's performance. Not like a defenseman he might become, not like a defenseman who might regress, like a defenseman than showed he was a good top 4 D who's capable of playing 24+ minutes effectively, excelling on the PK and even-strength vs opponent's best forwards. Expecting someone to accept money not based on play but their previous contract is silly IMO.

Price's 'bridge' contract was coming off a season he was a backup goalie and was almost chased/booed out of town. Pacioretty's 'bridge' contract came off a season he almost had his career ended with question marks whether that hot streak can continue or he can even play. Subban's 'bridge' offer came off a season he was 14th in the league in icetime played, 1st PK unit. 1st PP unit, 1st pairing even strength minutes.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 01-24-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
PunkinDrublic*

PK will not be traded, this much we all know.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:49 PM
e46330ivs*

I know some people will not like what I have to say but, I am french and perfectly bilingual other then the odd spelling error in both english and french, I have many french and english colleagues, I work in a field where problem solving is what we do, one thing I find with french people is that as soon as something goes wrong, someone needs to be blamed!!! Nothing angers me more then this, tihs happens deal with it, same thing in this case, no one here knows the real story yet some people have to blame hate one side or the other, I dont get it, and again coming from someone that sees both sides of the coin.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I really just want this saga to end. The vultures are swirling and it's becoming rather annoying.

Quick question: What takes longer, PK Subban fiasco to end or the length of the lockout?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

these threads are moving too quickly to be purposeful.

anywaym give him 3y @ 4.5

Old
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Yeah sure...just like everybody knew he was going to start the season for sure.

Old
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
few years ago i would of said the same, but given what has happened in past few years with RFAs, especially high profile D, it's pretty normal that subban is asking for alot.
You have to understand from an ownership point too. Im sure bergevin wants PK but at the same time, if we want to sign big names or trade for a big name, we need the cap space.

Bergevin wants a 2 year deal cuz Kaberle will be off the book by then so resigning PK wont be a problem.

Old
Travis Moen

If one of the most respected and experienced agent in the Hockey World tells him to sign the offer on the table and he doesn't, that cheeky player has a huge problem.

He hasn't proved anything, sign the deal and prove what you're worth. You're not a franchise player.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Price wasn't the franchise player when he got his bridge contract. He was freshly anointed number 1 after Halak was traded. Not comparable situations.
Price was the franchise player the second we drafted him 5th overall.

Quote:
He was still considered the future franchise player. Like what Subban is right now. He's not there yet, just like Price was at that time.
Subban is not a "future franchise player", he's a great young D, but if he's your best player, then you aren't that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Or he should just continue to be himself and ignore people who tell him he should be what he's not or to change the way he is.

Lord knows that's worked for him so far...trust me, I know the neighborhood PK grew up in. It took INCREDIBLE fortitude for him to make it out of there and be what he is today.
What does any of that have to do with this situation? He should never have pumped himself up in that interview, and at the very least he could've made it look like a trade would be unthinkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
fillers?if that.theres not alot out there to replace him.teams(well most teams)dont let they re young #1 or #2 d men go.
If you're talking about Subban compared to Benn, then you're out to lunch. Benn is a beast and would instantly become our best forward. I'd do that trade. You could trade one of our centers plus picks or whatever for a young dman after. Doesn't have to be as good as Subban, just contribute.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Wish I could believe that, but it would make it even worse when/if you wake up and see the Habs traded Subban.

The longer this takes, the more likely it is that he gets traded

Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Wayne Gretzky will never be traded, this much we all know.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:58 PM
habtastic

I wake up and there's a whole new thread version. Eh. Typical for us.

I see PK's words of courage and temerity have touched a lot of you and that all of a sudden MB seems like a crazy inexperienced curse on this organization. Good work PK, your reply to Stubbs worked EXACTLY how I described it doing so!

FTR I also said 4M (4.5 MAXXXX) for 2 years so it's not like I'm lowballing him. People are just freaking out and losing their heads as this drags on and PK starts putting the "I'll ask for a trade" pressure. He's using us. Even if he does get that deal, I'll know in my mind that he got that deal using tactics that I just don't respect. (And I know PK doesn't care, before someone posts that nonsensical retort.) I still THINK he should get 3M for 2 and be happy, but since he's a cagey veteran who's given everything to this team for a FULL two years, I guess he can negotiate his way up rather than take the largest bridge contract I can recall, by a mile!

He won't be traded. They'll find a deal. Realize that in MB compromises from his current stance, he can then at least have that - that he compromised, not just gave in to PK's demands, which quite frankly are that of a UFA (and a lot of you are pretending he is as well). I say we see him in action by the end of week 3 latest, hopefully sooner.

Still, I hope all this "He's the best D in the world!" is recalled when we have to sign our next RFA star.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
RC51

How can MB look Price in the eye if he caves into Subban.
Price is the best player on the habs not subban and price waited with that bridge contract. The Cap went down and Subban wants to jump to a full contract right now. MB has no choice but to hold to his position forever or trade Subban away from the Habs. It's Subban that will suffer from now on in his career. All future GM's will remember what he did to the HABS. It will taint him forever as a player. Yes some team will trade for him but he will do to that team what he did to the Habs. Demand more then his worth and divide the room with hate and dislike for his attitude. But all is NOT lost yet. PK still has a chance to change his current direction and lean to be the team player he SAYS he is.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That is the best partner but which of Hall, Eberle or RNH would they want to part with?
I've been reading their trade rumor thread on their board today and it's ugly in there. Especially when I see stuff like Yakupov for PK + a 2013 1st round pick.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Price was the franchise player the second we drafted him 5th overall.

Subban is not a "future franchise player", he's a great young D, but if he's your best player, then you aren't that good.

What does any of that have to do with this situation? He should never have pumped himself up in that interview, and at the very least he could've made it look like a trade would be unthinkable.

If you're talking about Subban compared to Benn, then you're out to lunch. Benn is a beast and would instantly become our best forward. I'd do that trade. You could trade one of our centers plus picks or whatever for a young dman after. Doesn't have to be as good as Subban, just contribute.
lets say D was a strength of ours, I would trade Subban and DD for Benn, but we need Subban more then Benn right now.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
lets say D was a strength of ours, I would trade Subban and DD for Benn, but we need Subban more then Benn right now.
You don't add to trade for Benn. PK straight up and they might need to add a little something.

Old
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The deal as reported at 2 years 3.5 per is absolutly perfect PK needs to get off his ass and sign it. He is not above the team and his I want to be paid/compensated for what I do it all well and good but he has to wait just like the others did.

Old
Rickkins

One thing for sure, his good guy reputation is seriously tarnished now. Henceforth he'll be known as a greedy preek

Old
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Roulin

Quote:
You have to understand from an ownership point too. Im sure bergevin wants PK but at the same time, if we want to sign big names or trade for a big name, we need the cap space.

Bergevin wants a 2 year deal cuz Kaberle will be off the book by then so resigning PK wont be a problem.
If that is what's keeping Bergevin from getting our best defenceman locked up, maybe he should have thought twice about overbidding for Prust (who so far is playing 11:38/g).

Old
01-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
How can MB look Price in the eye if he caves into Subban.
Price is the best player on the habs not subban and price waited with that bridge contract. The Cap went down and Subban wants to jump to a full contract right now. MB has no choice but to hold to his position forever or trade Subban away from the Habs. It's Subban that will suffer from now on in his career. All future GM's will remember what he did to the HABS. It will taint him forever as a player. Yes some team will trade for him but he will do to that team what he did to the Habs. Demand more then his worth and divide the room with hate and dislike for his attitude. But all is NOT lost yet. PK still has a chance to change his current direction and lean to be the team player he SAYS he is.
It is easier to acquire a #1 goalie than a #1 defenceman. Supply and demand.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Wish I could believe that, but it would make it even worse when/if you wake up and see the Habs traded Subban.

The longer this takes, the more likely it is that he gets traded
Jamie BENN getting traded also?lol

again my bet is Subban is back on or before Jan 29th...

Old
29dryden29

Quote:
You don't add to trade for Benn. PK straight up and they might need to add a little something.
Benn for PK straight is actually not a bad deal. Problem again comes up will Benn take a 2 year transition deal before signing long term. Add Chaisson to the deal coming our way and even better but I doubt Dallas parts with both for PK.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Moen View Post
If one of the most respected and experienced agent in the Hockey World tells him to sign the offer on the table and he doesn't, that cheeky player has a huge problem.

He hasn't proved anything, sign the deal and prove what you're worth. You're not a franchise player.
So far, I've only seen Carbo say that Meehan suggested Pk to take the offer. As much as I like Carbo. I don't really believe this claim.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I still like Edmonton as a trade partner.
If they were to move Subban they'd need a stud young d-man coming back, so Edmonton is probably not a fit.

Closed Thread