HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you trade Fowler for Nino Neiderreiter??

Old
01-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Corey Perry*

vCash: 500
I've watched the last two games, and that's incorrect. Perry has played RW.

Corey Perry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Eddie Shack
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty all the way View Post
Are you talking about the time he was sent down to Juniors or those 7 or so games he was sent to the AHL.
10-11 when he went to Syracuse. RC wasn't fired until the following season.

Eddie Shack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
mighty all the way

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
10-11 when he went to Syracuse. RC wasn't fired until the following season.
I don't remember him being unhappy or anything. I remember it gave him a wake up call and so he went on to score like a point a game down there to then be called up like 7 games later.

mighty all the way is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

vCash: 1832
I think it's interesting that so many people are willing to trade Vatanen+ for Nino, because LW is our biggest weakness. I may be higher than most on Sami, but it seems to me we're seriously lacking in the RHS defenseman department ourselves. I think a booming RH shot on the point during the PP is one of our biggest weaknesses, and I think BB and Murray agree.

As for Fowler for Nino, that's just a laughable exchange.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
I think it's interesting that so many people are willing to trade Vatanen+ for Nino, because LW is our biggest weakness. I may be higher than most on Sami, but it seems to me we're seriously lacking in the RHS defenseman department ourselves. I think a booming RH shot on the point during the PP is one of our biggest weaknesses, and I think BB and Murray agree.

As for Fowler for Nino, that's just a laughable exchange.
I think most are realizing that the prospects/players that the Isles would be after in dealing Nino (with +'s going either way) would be Palms, Holland, Rakell, Lindholm, and Vatanen. Out of that group, I would be least opposed to trade Vatanen.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

vCash: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
I think most are realizing that the prospects/players that the Isles would be after in dealing Nino would be Palms, Holland, Lindholm, and Vatanen. Out of that group, I would be least opposed to trade Vatanen.
Agreed, though I'd trade Rakell before Vatanen. However, I just don't think I could trade Vatanen for Nino, I feel Vatanen's presence on the PP will be more important than what Nino would bring.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Eddie Shack
Go Ducks!

Quote:
I don't remember him being unhappy or anything. I remember it gave him a wake up call and so he went on to score like a point a game down there to then be called up like 7 games later.
I agree and that was my point. The agent (in that article) tried to say Luca's situation then was the same as Nino's now but that he knew RC was getting fired and just had to "wait him out". My point being that the agent's story is complete BS. RC didn't get fired until over a year later and well after Luca was back up for good.

What may be true is that it could be an admission that Luca (and possibly other players) were not happy with RC in general. But it's pure BS for the agent to say Luca was upset at being sent down but he knew RC would get fired so he waited him out.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Eddie Shack
Go Ducks!

I hope I don't regret asking this but...if Perry makes it obvious he won't sign here would you trade him for Nino + a 1st?

Old
01-24-2013, 02:16 PM
airforceones25

Quote:
I hope I don't regret asking this but...if Perry makes it obvious he won't sign here would you trade him for Nino + a 1st?
I'd expect the Islanders to have a top 5 pick so I would certainly entertain the trade offer. However, I can't see Perry accepting a contract there if he won't here. Which in turn would be a bad trade for Long Island.

But if for some reason Perry would play there I would probably make that trade. A top prospect along with a very high draft pick in a very good draft.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
I wouldnt hang up... not sure islanders go for it tho, unless perry has a secret love for new york and basement dwelling teams.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
I'd expect the Islanders to have a top 5 pick so I would certainly entertain the trade offer. However, I can't see Perry accepting a contract there if he won't here. Which in turn would be a bad trade for Long Island.

But if for some reason Perry would play there I would probably make that trade. A top prospect along with a very high draft pick in a very good draft.
Lol if they did that deal we would there first and second. Great draft year and not have a selection until the 3rd? Ouch that would suck

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Eddie Shack
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post

Well, I'm just thinking out loud, if Wang finally agrees to spend money with his new arena maybe Perry is the guy he makes a stupid offer for. If Perry wants more money than we can afford I think the Isles are much less of a fishbowl/spotlight than the Rangers, Leafs, or Habs.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Well, I'm just thinking out loud, if Wang finally agrees to spend money with his new arena maybe Perry is the guy he makes a stupid offer for. If Perry wants more money than we can afford I think the Isles are much less of a fishbowl/spotlight than the Rangers, Leafs, or Habs.
Perry + tavares is definitely something you could build a team around, good young forward group with grabner, strome, bailey, okoposo. They would prob be a top 2 dmen away from being a contender in the east(they have some nice young dmen, prospects). Id prob watch em.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Sean Garrity
Quack Quack Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I wouldnt hang up... not sure islanders go for it tho, unless perry has a secret love for new york and basement dwelling teams.
Islanders' media market seems perfect for Perry as the Isles will almost always play second fiddle to the Rags. Isles also have a young and underrated D-core, as well as an already young superstar in Tavares. If Perry were guaranteed to reup with the Isles, I can see this trade being good for both teams, of course pending Perry is guaranteed not to reup here.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Islanders' media market seems perfect for Perry as the Isles will almost always play second fiddle to the Rags. Isles also have a young and underrated D-core, as well as an already young superstar in Tavares. If Perry were guaranteed to reup with the Isles, I can see this trade being good for both teams, of course pending Perry is guaranteed not to reup here.
Top 5 pick in this draft would likely guarantee us a legit 2c, mohonan barkov and lindholm... not to shabby.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Ducksgo*

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Top 5 pick in this draft would likely guarantee us a legit 2c, mohonan barkov and lindholm... not to shabby.
Yupp I would love Barkov.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
I heard someone was saying Perry has been playing LW when Palms is on the line in the last two games. Not sure, does anyone know for sure one way or the other?
Palmieri has been playing LW - Perry played LW when Lupul was on that line and the one game last season that Palmieri played with them. Which is surprising considering Norfolk used him exclusively at RW. He's looked good there so far though.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
defer
chef de la connexion

vCash: 50
Yeah, I've been surprised how well he's adjusted

defer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Water Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
No chance in HELL
This quote reminded me of Vince Mcmahon's theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWDkSQc_U9A

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:26 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Palmieri has been playing LW - Perry played LW when Lupul was on that line and the one game last season that Palmieri played with them. Which is surprising considering Norfolk used him exclusively at RW. He's looked good there so far though.
Palmieri may start on the LW at faceoffs, but more often than not, it seems like he's down the right side of the ice. But, whatever works... works. So I'm not complaining.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Palmieri may start on the LW at faceoffs, but more often than not, it seems like he's down the right side of the ice. But, whatever works... works. So I'm not complaining.
Well, it's not like Getzlaf's always in the slot, either.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
That question's moot, because New York would never shell out the money to retain Perry.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Eddie Shack
Go Ducks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampeus View Post
That question's moot, because New York would never shell out the money to retain Perry.
Did you see my next post? There has been talk Wang might start spending when he moves to Brooklyn. This would only be one year early.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Corey Perry*

Quote:
Did you see my next post? There has been talk Wang might start spending when he moves to Brooklyn. This would only be one year early.
No, I did not, but I have now. Even if there's talk of Wang spending, I'm still not sure if it's true.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:14 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Absolutely not. We're going to get better offers than that.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote