HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
One thing for sure, his good guy reputation is seriously tarnished now. Henceforth he'll be known as a greedy preek
Holding out didn't seem to hurt Dimaggio's reputation, once all was said and done. Athletes have held out many, many times. Many have been forgiven for much worse than disagreeing with management over their worth.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If they were to move Subban they'd need a stud young d-man coming back, so Edmonton is probably not a fit.
when Subban get's back in Habs line up there will be a trade....some got to go

All the trade Subban crap , is just like Ecklund stuff..for web hits ,tv viewers,and selling newspapers...

Old
01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
So far, I've only seen Carbo say that Meehan suggested Pk to take the offer. As much as I like Carbo. I don't really believe this claim.
Why would Meehan tell Carbonneau something that would weaken his clients position anyways? Isn't that counter productive? Makes no sense to me.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I've been reading their trade rumor thread on their board today and it's ugly in there. Especially when I see stuff like Yakupov for PK + a 2013 1st round pick.
They can dream all they want, that's not happening.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
TSN.ca now running a front page story about this and asking people to chime in on what the Habs should do. Lovely.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:11 PM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
You don't add to trade for Benn. PK straight up and they might need to add a little something.
I dont know about that, its like when someone suggested we propose PK for Eberle or Skinner that made me laugh, made a trade proposal on the main board and no Oiler or Canes fan would take PK straight up for either and I agree, we would have to add. Personally I put Benn very close to those 2 guys.

Old
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
If that is what's keeping Bergevin from getting our best defenceman locked up, maybe he should have thought twice about overbidding for Prust (who so far is playing 11:38/g).
Prust is overpaid by 700k max. Not earthshattering.

Lets sag we have a good season and make the playoff(with subban signed at 5.5 million/season, which means we have no cap space left). Well we cant trade for a good player for the playoff run cuz we booked him at full price tag. If you get PK locked for 2 years at 3.5 you get 2 mil and some to trade for someone who can contribute to our playoff push.

Want it or not the habs (and bergevib) feel the pressure to perform and wants to improve the club (after that disapointing season).

Gomez got shipped home because Bergevin wants cap room this offseason to work with. Its not rocket science, doesnt mean he dont want Subban signed...

Old
BobbyFischer*

Screw you, Pernell-Karl.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
TSN.ca now running a front page story about this and asking people to chime in on what the Habs should do. Lovely.
there milking it for web hits...

i dont pay no attention to this crap .

Old
01-24-2013, 03:12 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Why would Meehan tell Carbonneau something that would weaken his clients position anyways? Isn't that counter productive? Makes no sense to me.
Maybe he is getting tired of PKs demands also and thinks the deal is a good transition deal and he should take it and cash in on his next deal. No one really knows for certain.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
I dont know about that, its like when someone suggested we propose PK for Eberle or Skinner that made me laugh, made a trade proposal on the main board and no Oiler or Canes fan would take PK straight up for either and I agree, we would have to add. Personally I put Benn very close to those 2 guys.
Giving the situation both players are, they have a pretty equal value.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I wonder if Subban going on Sportsnet during the lockout has any influence with TSN's coverage on his story.

Old
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
If Habs were in a weakened position one of these things would've happened already, 1- MB would've caved in 2- Subban would've asked a trade 3- An offersheet would've been signed 4- Signed him close to what Subban wants (and then try to trade him)
It's still too early in the process (strangely enough - the rebooted process, anyway). Each side has its respective array of hammers, and its respective pre-fabricated responses. Each side is waiting right now to see if there are going to be any cave-ins, whether there might be any external pressures that tip things (Habs - pressure by fans, desire to win hockey games, Subban - pressure from PK to agent to just get on the ice, whatever). From the stuff we're reading, I think both sides had better realize there are not going to be any sudden cave-ins, and the pressures really aren't a factor.

So there's either compromise or it's time to pull out a new hammer. I'm not really sure what more of a hammer the Habs have. Make him sit longer? Who really hurts the most from that? If Subban does go public and demand a trade, that could hurt Bergevin's ability to get best value in a trade. But maybe him just being un-signed is already damage enough.

Compromise seems like it might be overdue.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Screw you, Pernell-Karl.
Bobby shake your head....if Markov goes down, habs got no chance without Subban....again shake your head.

Old
BobbyFischer*

PK Subban aka Mr. Moneybags

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Maybe he is getting tired of PKs demands also and thinks the deal is a good transition deal and he should take it and cash in on his next deal. No one really knows for certain.
Yeah, maybe. However Meehan is no idiot, in all likelihood he wouldn't weaken his clients position or work against his wishes. There's a reason why he's the top guy in the player agent game, and that's because he respects his clients wants, and executes them. I mean, let's ask ourselves, logically, why would he leak it to the drama boys on RDS?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Holding out didn't seem to hurt Dimaggio's reputation, once all was said and done. Athletes have held out many, many times. Many have been forgiven for much worse than disagreeing with management over their worth.
I never forgave Theodore.

there comes a time in a player's career where holding out can be respected. At P.K.'s age and experience, not so much.

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If they were to move Subban they'd need a stud young d-man coming back, so Edmonton is probably not a fit.
Habs need scoring, Edmonton need a blueliner. It's a fit.

At the time you trade Subban you put your faith in Markov being the guy until Beaulieu is ready. It's a gamble but it's a better gamble than taking a downgrade on the blueline and not getting anything to compensate.

I like the proposal from the other day - get Eberle.

Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
I know some people will not like what I have to say but, I am french and perfectly bilingual other then the odd spelling error in both english and french, I have many french and english colleagues, I work in a field where problem solving is what we do, one thing I find with french people is that as soon as something goes wrong, someone needs to be blamed!!! Nothing angers me more then this, tihs happens deal with it, same thing in this case, no one here knows the real story yet some people have to blame hate one side or the other, I dont get it, and again coming from someone that sees both sides of the coin.
Not only that, Quebecois in general don't like people who have big mouths. They like people who work hard and stays quiet most of the time and that when they finally say something, they do what they said they would. I think it comes from centuries of the Church encouraging the good ole hard and modest worker. Even if Quebec changed a lot since the sixties', there's still a lot of old reflexes. BTW, I don't say this in a negative way. All the people in the world have different characteristics and that's one I have observed here.

A lot of people judge the current negotiations based on PK's personality, saying he's a primadonna and stuff instead of looking at the facts.

Fact is the Habs are a better team with him and we need him quick.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
EveryDay

Any news about today's meeting?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Bobby shake your head....if Markov goes down, habs got no chance without Subban....again shake your head.
I don't care.

We're probably going down anyway.

Subban can't live on 3.5million for 2 years and then sign a bigger contract after that?

He hasn't done **** to warrant more money than that and he's still a young kid, and this after the long lockout too.... whatever man.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
mtxed

Subban for Ryan

Old
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
I don't care.

He hasn't done **** to warrant more money than that .
Except that statistically speaking he has played like a #1 d-man for two years now, at $850K.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Except that statistically speaking he has played like a #1 d-man for two years now, at $850K.
And he was offered a raise of 4x what he made.

Should he be given 5...6mil?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post

A lot of people judge the current negotiations based on PK's personality, saying he's a primadonna and stuff instead of looking at the facts.

Fact is we're a better team with him and we need him quick.
Fact is, hockey is a team game. Chemistry is really important and what PK is doing is against that.

Closed Thread