HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly's KHL contract terminated

Old
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
416Leafer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Which RoR could very easily be. Don't kid yourself, if RoR is on the block, Tor is interested. Very interested. Its already all over twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
That basically means that you are not trading Gardiner at all.
No one is trading such a center. Especially not for only Gardiner and pieces
Ah don't bother trying to explain. To half of Leafs Nation, Gardiner = young Nierdermayer. And if you're player isn't a recent top 5 pick, then they're garbage. End of story

I would trade Gardiner for RoR in a second.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
EJ is about to enter what are supposed to be his peak years, but he is still miles away from his draft billing. Gormley at this point certainly has a higher ceiling than him now. Even though Gormley is not a sure thing at this point, he's about as good a D with potential as you can hope for at this point, without trying to sell the farm and go for someone like Weber/Doughty/Pietrangelo/Karlsson. His value to ROR is pretty close....

How about Hanzal + Klesla For RoR + 3rd; might be beneficial for both sides?

How about O'Reilly, Elliott & Siemens for Hanzal & Yandle? Might be beneficial for both teams. Elliott's value to Hanzal is pretty close....

Edit : Fixed (Swapped Yandle and Hanzal to go along with your point of view better.)

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
avsfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
i
Woah take er easy bud.

Nothing against O'Reilly, but if were trading Gardiner its in a package for a playmaking centre.
Thats what he is. Not that I want to trade him to the leafs though.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1423

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
How about O'Reilly, Elliott & Siemens for Hanzal & Yandle? Might be beneficial for both teams. Elliott's value to Hanzal is pretty close....

Edit : Fixed (Swapped Yandle and Hanzal to go along with your point of view better.)
Change Yandle to OEL and this. Otherwise its RoR, Elliot and a 2nd for Hanzal and Yandle

AMDZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I am still willing to offer Gardiner + Biggs / Colborne / Percy + 3rd rd pick for ROR with some flexibility on the deal.
You need to include your first stop low balling. ROR is great

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Which RoR could very easily be. Don't kid yourself, if RoR is on the block, Tor is interested. Very interested. Its already all over twitter
No doubt. But understandably the avs would be looking for Gardiner ++, which if the case, the leafs should back off.
-signed; gardiner's biggest fan

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Change Yandle to OEL and this. Otherwise its RoR, Elliot and a 2nd for Hanzal and Yandle
Ahh yes that makes more sense....

Old
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
letowskie

Quote:
How about O'Reilly, Elliott & Siemens for Hanzal & Yandle? Might be beneficial for both teams. Elliott's value to Yandle is pretty close....
Ignoring the values for the moment.

Do you have any idea what Phx needs? How is getting two D back for one D even remotely be beneficial? We probably can field 10 NHL capable D on ice today....

If any deal is to be had, we don't need any more D to be coming back, none!! Yandle could be had for the right price, if it's Hanzal + Yandle for RoR + a couple of top 9 forwards/high-level prospects, then you might have something.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Ah don't bother trying to explain. To half of Leafs Nation, Gardiner = young Nierdermayer. And if you're player isn't a recent top 5 pick, then they're garbage. End of story

Same here. You have to give to get, I think Gardiner is a heck of a player and it would hurt to lose him, but I'd value O'Reilly higher.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:23 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I might actually do it if it was : Gardiner + Biggs + 1st... Biggs would be a great replacement for Jones in a year or two.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Why would anyone include a Gardiner level player + a first when they can just offer sheet him?

Given how they do business, is Colorado going to match if the Leafs throw $4.7 million with term at O'Reilly?

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:27 PM
letowskie

Quote:
You think RoR + 2 D prospects that we absolutely have no use for would net you OEL AND Hanzal, you must be living in your dream world. We have a full slate of D fighting for NHL spots: Yandle, OEL, Klesla, Michalek, Morris, Schlemko, Stone, Summers, etc. And top prospects like Gormley and Rundblad are certainly ahead of either of those Avs prospects you mentioned, an arguably Goncharov and Murphy also.

And RoR alone certainly woulnd't get you Yandle + Hanzal, not by a long shot.

If you want OEL, try Duchene + Downie + 1st to start, then work your way up from there....

Old
01-24-2013, 02:34 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
You think RoR + 2 D prospects that we absolutely have no use for would net you OEL AND Hanzal, you must be living in your dream world. We have a full slate of D fighting for NHL spots: Yandle, OEL, Klesla, Michalek, Morris, Schlemko, Stone, Summers, etc. And top prospects like Gormley and Rundblad are certainly ahead of either of those Avs prospects you mentioned, an arguably Goncharov and Murphy also.

And RoR alone certainly woulnd't get you Yandle + Hanzal, not by a long shot.

If you want OEL, try Duchene + Downie + 1st to start, then work your way up from there....
O'Reilly + Olver/Pickard + Sgarbossa + 1st for Yandle & Hanzal, that could benefit both teams.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post

Obviously.

Would you trade Gardiner ++ for an unsigned RoR? Especially considering he hasnt been signed meaning his contract demands must be somewhat unreasonable?

AV fans- has their been any rumors leaked to what RoR is asking for? Or what Sherman has offered?

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Obviously.

Would you trade Gardiner ++ for an unsigned RoR? Especially considering he hasnt been signed meaning his contract demands must be somewhat unreasonable?

AV fans- has their been any rumors leaked to what RoR is asking for? Or what Sherman has offered?
You obviously don't make the trade if you're not allowed to have any communication with RoR beforehand. It's like the Kessel deal. He was an RFA, he was signed right after he got here because that had already been discussed. That's how these things work.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

As an outside fan, that doesn't really have a stake in the Avs or Coyotes, I can say this with some confidence... In no way is RoR worth OEL. Not even close.

Sorry, I know Avs fans are really high on RoR, but OEL will be challenging for Norris trophies for the remainder of his very young career.

If you want OEL, start with Duchene and then ++++. Seriously, the kids damn near Petro/Karlsson/Doughty level and really I'm hard pressed to keep him out of that grouping all together. Love his game, super composed and should continue to score around 50 pts for the foreseeable future. Would love him on the Blues!

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Obviously.

Offered:

2 years, 7 Mil
5 years, 17 Mil

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Obviously.

Avs offers - 2yrs @ 3.5M / 5yrs @ 3.4M AAV.

O'Reilly wants... The only thing we think we know is that he wants around 4M per year (No clue on the length, 2 years or more) because that's what he supposedly got in the KHL. His agent refuted the claims that O'Reilly was looking for 5M per year.

I think if O'Reilly was delt, whichever team received him would be privy to his contract demands, and maybe even getting him knowing he was willing to sign. Considering that he would have a better shot at the top two lines. I don't think any trade would happen without those things in place(Contract issues that is..). If they were not in place Colorado would not get enough to warrant trading him.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:38 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

Quote:
Obviously.

Apparently RoR has 2 offers on the table: 2 years $7mil and 5 years $17mil...

It was rumored that he wanted $5mil+ per season but recently his agent said that wasn't true

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
I might actually do it if it was : Gardiner + Biggs + 1st... Biggs would be a great replacement for Jones in a year or two.
Are we talking about the same Ryan O´Reilly here?

That would be a huge overpayment from the Leafs.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
As an outside fan, that doesn't really have a stake in the Avs or Coyotes, I can say this with some confidence... In no way is RoR worth OEL. Not even close.

Sorry, I know Avs fans are really high on RoR, but OEL will be challenging for Norris trophies for the remainder of his very young career.

If you want OEL, start with Duchene and then ++++. Seriously, the kids damn near Petro/Karlsson/Doughty level and really I'm hard pressed to keep him out of that grouping all together. Love his game, super composed and should continue to score around 50 pts for the foreseeable future. Would love him on the Blues!
LOL

I'm as big a fan as OEL as the next guy, but my god is he ever getting overrated around here lately.

I agree he has more value then Oreilly, probably significantly more. BUT he certainly does not have ++++ more value then Duchene. Duchene still has the potential to be a heck of a lot better player then OEL will be.

I think OEL will be a Top 10 Dman in the league, with probably 2-3 Norris contending years, but he'll never be a consistent Top 3 or even Top 5 Dman I would argue. Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Jones will all almost for sure be better.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
Apparently RoR has 2 offers on the table: 2 years $7mil and 5 years $17mil...

It was rumored that he wanted $5mil+ per season but recently his agent said that wasn't true
offer 3 years 12 mil or is this an issue of losing rfa years?

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post

There has been a little sarcasm going on in this thread. I don't think anyone really thinks OEL would be coming the other way in a trade for O'Reilly.

I will say this... Is a 'future' Norris winner worth more than a future 'Selke' winner? I don't know...

Old
01-24-2013, 02:46 PM
letowskie

Quote:
O'Reilly + Olver/Pickard + Sgarbossa + 1st for Yandle & Hanzal, that could benefit both teams.
I don't think we are interested in Olver; I'm not familiar enough about Pickard or Sgarbossa to make an informed comment....

Old
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
LOL

I'm as big a fan as OEL as the next guy, but my god is he ever getting overrated around here lately.

I agree he has more value then Oreilly, probably significantly more. BUT he certainly does not have ++++ more value then Duchene. Duchene still has the potential to be a heck of a lot better player then OEL will be.

I think OEL will be a Top 10 Dman in the league, with probably 2-3 Norris contending years, but he'll never be a consistent Top 3 or even Top 5 Dman I would argue. Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Jones will all almost for sure be better.
Even if he peaks as "just a top 10 defenseman" he holds more value to a franchise then a 1b/2a center, with a 1st line ceiling. The only way the Avs wouldn't add is if Duchene was to become, for certain, a top 10 center, which is possible, but much less likely than OEL reaching his potential. I think you may have gotten stuck on the amount of +++++ I used, it was more to signify that you would have to add, to make the values even out. I wasn't trying to say you would have to add 3-4 more pieces.

As far as Jones is concerned, I wait to form an opinion once he finally reaches the NHL. EJ had the same level of hype surrounding him when the Blues picked him, and he has yet to live up to that PERCIEVED level. I think EJ is a solid #1 and a great #2, but not the "end all be all" he was touted when he was drafted. And please, I have followed EJ since he was drafted with STL, I know all about his trails and tribulations, Im not trying to turn this discussion into an EJ pissing match.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote