HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa Will Look to Move Ben Bishop

Old
01-24-2013, 02:11 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Well, he isn't a top 4 dman in Chicago, or really any other cup contender.
You are absolutely wrong. Methot is the second best DMan we've had since Karlsson entered the league.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
You are absolutely wrong. Methot is the second best DMan we've had since Karlsson entered the league.
What's that have to do with cup contenders?

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Wings give Quincey to Ottawa for nothing and then they waive Bishop.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Is this really true?
Embarrassingly enough, yes. Yes it is.

VVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

He certainly looks like a top 4 guy in the 2 games he's played for us. To say im surprised at how good he is is likely an understatement.

He can skate, he has good hockey sense, he's big and uses it to hit, good passer. Its only been 2 games lol, but if plays like this all year he'll not only be a top 4 dman but a highly effective one.
Cant speak for Chicago but i expect Ottawa to contend over the next 3 - 5 years and Methot will be in the top 4.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
What's that have to do with cup contenders?
He'd be your 3rd or 4th DMan. And clearly Murray thinks he's a better player than Hjalmarsson as well.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
KanetoToews2883

Quote:

Which one of the Hawks top 4 is he better than?

Seabrook (no)
Keith (no)
Hjalmarsson (no)
Leddy (no)
Oduya (debatable)
Rozsival (probably)
Brookbank (absolutely)

Oduya has been a real steadying influence on the Hawks second pairing. Hawks roll 7 deep, Methot would be the 5/6 in Chicago. I mean Hjalmarsson is worth Bishop + and I don't see the Blackhawks moving any of their dmen this year... not with the way they've been playing.

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
KanetoToews2883

Quote:
He'd be your 3rd or 4th DMan. And clearly Murray thinks he's a better player than Hjalmarsson as well.
Murray probably just thought he was more affordable (in terms of talent sent) than Hjalmarsson. The Foligno for Methot deal was a good deal for both teams.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
We have a player better than Methot, his name is Hjalmarsson. You would have to add quite a bit to get him if Bishop is a piece.

You will get less than what those goalies got, so maybe just a 2nd and a 4th?

The Foligno-Methot trade is in response to the Sens fans that think they will be getting a top 4 Dman for Bishop. If you are trading Bishop for a top 4 Dman, you are adding a significant piece along with it.
Yep hammer would be a great fit. But what Chicago needs to move him from ottawa. Would just create more holes for us to fill,so sadly hammer has as much chance to be a sen ,as kovelev has not to be boooed here

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
He isn't better than Oduya, or Hjalmarsson. I would probably take Roszival over him too. We watched a lot of Methot when he was in CLB. He isn't a top 4 Dman on a team with good D.

Not sure what your last statement is supposed to be about. Hawks would of never traded Hammer for Foligno straight up.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Is this really true?
yeah... it was just last year.
what i found funnier was Bryan Murray saying "a Men shouldnt be on the kitchen often unless they're professionals... That's for the wives out there"

i would take a 2nd for Bishop(what they paid in the first place). preferably to the West

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:25 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
He isn't better than Oduya, or Hjalmarsson. I would probably take Roszival over him too. We watched a lot of Methot when he was in CLB. He isn't a top 4 Dman on a team with good D.

Not sure what your last statement is supposed to be about. Hawks would of never traded Hammer for Foligno straight up.

I think he meant that when Murray had spent 2 months trying to get Hammer, he turned around and got Methot because he was willing to trade Foligno but not Smith.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Cujomi
De Leeuw Ziel

Quote:
Well, he isn't a top 4 dman in Chicago, or really any other cup contender.
Have you ever watched Methot play? He was good enough for a top 4 role on team Canada in the WC but isn't a top 4 D in the NHL.

Gotcha.

Regardless of whether you think he's a top 4 defenceman, his play speaks for itself currently.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:27 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Have you ever watched Methot play? He was good enough for a top 4 role on team Canada in the WC but isn't a top 4 D in the NHL.

Gotcha.
He said top 4 on Chicago because they have depth compared to the rest of the league. They're so snob and immature.

It's ok, we got goalies depth.

Just wait that their No 1 goalie goes down injured, they will beg on their knees to give us a top 4 D in exchange.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Is this really true?
Yes.

Quote:
We have a player better than Methot, his name is Hjalmarsson. You would have to add quite a bit to get him if Bishop is a piece.

You will get less than what those goalies got, so maybe just a 2nd and a 4th?

The Foligno-Methot trade is in response to the Sens fans that think they will be getting a top 4 Dman for Bishop. If you are trading Bishop for a top 4 Dman, you are adding a significant piece along with it.
I'm totally fine with a 2nd and 4th. We traded a 2nd for him so we get a 4th and 10 games contribution for free. Pretty nice.

I wouldn't say Bishop has more value than Foligno but I don't think it's as far as some people may think. Yes Bishop is a bit older and doesn't have tons of experience but he's got the potential to be a starting goalie in this league.

Unfortunately, he's been stuck behind veteran goaltenders both in St. Louis and now in Ottawa so he's never really had the chance to prove what he's worth in the NHL but in the meantime he's done extremely well in the AHL and you can't really ask for more than that. If not for Lehner, Bishop would be considered as Ottawa's future in nets and we wouldn't even have this conversation right now.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 View Post
Murray probably just thought he was more affordable (in terms of talent sent) than Hjalmarsson. The Foligno for Methot deal was a good deal for both teams.
Quote:

Methot has been picked twice to represent Canada in the world championships in a top 4 shut down role.

I will take him any day of the week over Hjalmarsson he is bigger stronger more physical and more mobile.

He just needed to get out of Columbus on a team that allows him to showcase what he is capable of. Surely hockey canada are better evaluators of talent then you are.

Oduya debatable ya ok pal.

'Never trade him for foligno' well they wanted to trade him for Smith last year and it didnt happen.

One other guy saying Bishop wont improve the Hawks, well as a sens fan I have seen more then enough of Emery to tell you he is a significant improvement.

Keep going with Crawford and Emery and see ya later in the first round again. Not saying Bishop is the savior but he defenitely has the potential to be the number one guy in Chicago.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
KanetoToews2883

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Methot has been picked twice to represent Canada in the world championships in a top 4 shut down role.

I will take him any day of the week over Hjalmarsson he is bigger stronger more physical and more mobile.

He just needed to get out of Columbus on a team that allows him to showcase what he is capable of. Surely hockey canada are better evaluators of talent then you are.

Oduya debatable ya ok pal.

One other guy saying Bishop wont improve the Hawks, well as a sens fan I have seen more then enough of Emery to tell you he is a significant improvement.

Keep going with Crawford and Emery and see ya later in the first round again. Not saying Bishop is the savior but he defenitely has the potential to be the number one guy in Chicago.
Methot is not a bad D man but he's not the quality of Hjalmarsson. Hjalmarsson was on Team Sweden in the WC too... it's not as if he's just some bum dude. and yes Bishop would be a improvement over Emery but not at the cost of a top 4 dman

Old
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanetoToews2883 View Post
Methot is not a bad D man but he's not the quality of Hjalmarsson. Hjalmarsson was on Team Sweden in the WC too... it's not as if he's just some bum dude. and yes Bishop would be a improvement over Emery but not at the cost of a top 4 dman
Debatable but at the time Ottawa delt Foligno for him who has more value then Smith who they wouldnt deal for Hjalmarsson. So I guess the sens pro scouting dissagrees with you.

Never did I suggest Bishop was worth a top 4 D man I actually already stated that in this thread 2nd page. However I do dissagree with how poorly you evaluate the sens players mentioned in this thread.

I think Hjalmarsson is a great D man and would be extatic if the sens could manage to land him. I dont think they will they just dont have the pieces to get him without hurting the team.

Id offer Bishop, Phillips and Puemple for him not sure if thats enough but I dont think its that far off in value. (Puemple is a former first rounder that has 22 goals in 30 games this year)

Methot brings a physical edge that Hjalmarsson doesnt bring and that is something Ottawa really needs losing both Cowen and Carkner for this season. He is simply a better fit.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtysweet View Post
Regin/JOB to help sweeten the pot in terms of a trade? Like I said, it was mentioned in other threads/forums...
Neither are 3rd line centers.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Hawks have seen enough of Methot to know who he is

maybe we think so because in the last 3 years he is -6 in 11 games against the Hawks with 2 Assists.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Of course chicago fans are gonna say Methot sucks. Defensive defesemen looks bad when playing on a lottery team.

Glad we got Methot and not Hjarlmsson.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Smitty26

seems the hawks fans here love overrating the crap out of their team, and underrating everything else. go figure.

Smitty26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:28 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Foligno was traded for Methot (who isn't a top 4 Dman)
What the heck? He looks like a top 2 D-man, forget about a top 4 D-man. Did he not play well vs the Hawks? Or did he not play well in Columbus? He's mobile, he's got great offensive instincts, he's tough as they come.

Really...this comment couldn't be any farther from reality.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:31 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Glad we got Methot and not Hjarlmsson.
And one further: I'm glad we traded Foligno and kept Smith. Real glad.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Cullksinikers

As I said on page 2, Hjalmarsson is not getting dealt. He is especially not getting dealt for Bishop.

However, Stanton and a 2nd for Bishop is amazingly fair.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote