HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Anaheim Ducks Prospect Update

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
  #451
Kris Verstig
Some say...
 
Kris Verstig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sussex, England
Country: England
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Kris Verstig
Hey guys, I've a quick question for you all about Emerson Etem.

I know he lit up the WHL last season with nearly a goal per game and 107 points, I was just wondering how he is doing in the AHL? His stats suggest he has been fairly average, which wouldn't be all that surprising as a rookie, but I wondered whether there were any other factors? Does his game translate well to the pro's with bigger guys and better goalies?

Kris Verstig is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
  #452
alexfr
Registered User
 
alexfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Pens fan coming in peace. I havent seen much of the Ducks or heard much since I am on the Eastern part of Canada but I did see that Rakell was playing with Ducks. Just wondered if anyone knew if this was a 5 game look or are they planning on taking him with them for the year?

alexfr is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  #453
Corey Perry*
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfr View Post
Pens fan coming in peace. I havent seen much of the Ducks or heard much since I am on the Eastern part of Canada but I did see that Rakell was playing with Ducks. Just wondered if anyone knew if this was a 5 game look or are they planning on taking him with them for the year?
We don't know yet. I'd say it's 50/50.

Corey Perry* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
  #454
alexfr
Registered User
 
alexfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Its surprisinging because most other rookies there has been giving some indication and no idea with him. I have always liked his style, I will keep an eye out to see if I find anything

alexfr is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
  #455
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfr View Post
Its surprisinging because most other rookies there has been giving some indication and no idea with him. I have always liked his style, I will keep an eye out to see if I find anything
There are 2 center spots and possibly a wing spot on the 4th line for him to compete for along with Bonino, and Holland (DSP on the wing as well). Bonino I would say is a lock to grab one of them simply because of his defensive abilities and NHL experience. There is a possibility that the team feels that Rakell is a better option than Holland at center or DSP on the wing(Holland is a possibility to play wing as well), but Holland has done pretty much all he can do at the AHL level and will get his shot soon enough. Rakell may only have been starting over Holland because management feels it is a waste to keep him up and not play him. Another possibility is to show Holland that if he doesn't bring effort to the table every game, which has been question mark about him as a prospect, that other players can fill his role.

Sean Garrity is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:00 PM
  #456
RPGrizzly
Registered User
 
RPGrizzly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 399
vCash: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Verstig View Post
Hey guys, I've a quick question for you all about Emerson Etem.

I know he lit up the WHL last season with nearly a goal per game and 107 points, I was just wondering how he is doing in the AHL? His stats suggest he has been fairly average, which wouldn't be all that surprising as a rookie, but I wondered whether there were any other factors? Does his game translate well to the pro's with bigger guys and better goalies?
His game translates well, but as you can expect from a first year pro, he's figuring out that what worked for him in juniors isn't working for him in the AHL. He knows this and he's making adjustments to his game. He needs to learn how to use his speed more effectively. In juniors he used it to blow by everyone in the neutral zone and split the D a lot. He can't do that right now. He's working on his play without the puck, he can't do it all himself anymore. He got a lot stronger this offseason, which is good. He made some adjustments to his weird skating style too. He reminds me a lot of Michael Grabner, but stronger with a better shot and hands, a little slower but still very explosive. It usually takes young players like that longer for the hands to catch up with their speed. Look at how long it took Grabner to put it all together. The key for Etem I think is that he can't get frustrated, and watching him play, it doesn't look like he is. I can tell you he's a kid with a very good mindset, he has a good head on his shoulders. He knows he needs to work on a lot of things but he won't complain. He'll put his game together at some point and should be a pretty effective NHL player.

RPGrizzly is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:29 AM
  #457
SupermanPahlsson
Registered User
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Is Brett Perlini still apart of the Ducks organization? Haven't heard anything about him in awhile (he's playing in Bakersfield of the ECHL).

SupermanPahlsson is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 05:34 AM
  #458
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,231
vCash: 500
He's a free agent. He showed up to camp in Norfolk after we passed on giving him an offer in the summer, but he was cut.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 01:48 PM
  #459
SupermanPahlsson
Registered User
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
He's a free agent. He showed up to camp in Norfolk after we passed on giving him an offer in the summer, but he was cut.
Ah, I see. Nothing came up in a Google search. So that makes three picks that Murray/Madden selected that officially won't suit up for the Ducks - Perlini, Dahlstrom and Valentine.

SupermanPahlsson is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
  #460
Professor John Frink
Registered User
 
Professor John Frink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Ah, I see. Nothing came up in a Google search. So that makes three picks that Murray/Madden selected that officially won't suit up for the Ducks - Perlini, Dahlstrom and Valentine.
Well not that it really matters. But I wouldn't count Valentine, as he did sign an entry level deal, just not with Anaheim. He wanted to 2nd round pick money and Anaheim balked at giving in to his demands.

Valentine ended up signing with Nashville.

Professor John Frink is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:05 AM
  #461
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,231
vCash: 500
Kerdiles picked up a goal and an assist.

Edit: Same for Megna.

Kevin Roy with two goals.


Last edited by Exit Dose: 01-26-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Exit Dose is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:32 AM
  #462
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,778
vCash: 500
Damn. What a season for Roy so far

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:34 AM
  #463
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 69
Congrats to our boys.

Checked the boxscore from the Kitchener game and Gibson wasn't even on the bench for the Rangers. Anyone know what's up?

DuckJet is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:35 AM
  #464
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Congrats to our boys.

Checked the boxscore from the Kitchener game and Gibson wasn't even on the bench for the Rangers. Anyone know what's up?
I heard he's out with a hip injury

Quote:
Josh Brown‏@BrownRecord

Kitchener Rangers goalie John Gibson (ANA) slated for MRI on hip. GM Steve Spott: "We need to know what's going on in there." #ducks #OHL

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:44 AM
  #465
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,231
vCash: 500
His hip looked like it was still bothering him during the WJCs. I noticed him wincing a bit after the whistle on a few occasions.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:50 AM
  #466
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 69
That sucks. Good move by Spott playing it safe. Then my next question, where's Pallazesse or however the hell you spell his name? Gibson's backup.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 01:50 AM
  #467
SupermanPahlsson
Registered User
 
SupermanPahlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Kerdiles picked up a goal and an assist.

Edit: Same for Megna.

Kevin Roy with two goals.
Megna with a goal and an assist? That's great. Now if only Cooper could find his USHL form. To Megna's credit, he plays pretty clean for a big guy, and gets a lot of shots on net too. Impressive playing 1st pairing LD for Dean Blais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
That sucks. Good move by Spott playing it safe. Then my next question, where's Pallazesse or however the hell you spell his name? Gibson's backup.
They traded Palezzese to Sudbury. Vinneau isn't too bad of a backup (played fine when Gibby was at the WJC).

SupermanPahlsson is offline  
Old
01-26-2013, 02:01 AM
  #468
DuckJet
Destiny pls
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 37,052
vCash: 69
Oh. Thanks for the update.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 01:20 AM
  #469
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,231
vCash: 500
Cramarossa with a goal and an assist.

Roy, Kerdiles, O'Brien, and Welinski all had an assist, tonight.

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 01:56 AM
  #470
AngelDuck
Registered User
 
AngelDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,778
vCash: 500
Vatanen - 2 assists today

AngelDuck is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 02:27 AM
  #471
heksagon
Registered User
 
heksagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Finland
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Vatanen - 2 assists today
Eenok post in 3... 2... 1...

Seriously though, good for Sami.

heksagon is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
  #472
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Cramarossa with a goal and an assist.

Roy, Kerdiles, O'Brien, and Welinski all had an assist, tonight.
Except in Welinski's case, it came in an exhibition game, so it doesn't count towards his official UMD stats.

BTW, in case you all haven't noticed - Kevin Roy now co-leads the nation in rookie scoring. Tied with Miami's Riley Barber w/26 points.

Oilers Chick is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
  #473
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,550
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Except in Welinski's case, it came in an exhibition game, so it doesn't count towards his official UMD stats.

BTW, in case you all haven't noticed - Kevin Roy now co-leads the nation in rookie scoring. Tied with Miami's Riley Barber w/26 points.
With Roy having played two fewer games, from what I can tell.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
  #474
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,226
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Any idea when Lindholm will be back up and rolling?

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 11:48 AM
  #475
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,231
vCash: 500
No, they've been pretty tightlipped about it.

Exit Dose is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.