HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 03:34 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Is Subban for Yakupov or Courturier possible?
I wouldn't want Yakupov he has been showing that he plays for himself not the team which is never good. He reminds me of Yashin that way.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
DAChampion

Originally posted by IWalkThroughWalls:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...in-de-voir.php

Bergevin : "Subban est un bon jeune défenseur avec beaucoup de potentiel, mais j'arrive à Montréal et il y a des choses que j'ai besoin de voir"

Translated: "Subban is a good young dman with a lot of potential, but I've arrived in Montreal and there are things I need to see" - Bergevin.

If Bergevin is so dim, that he can't do something as simple as recognizing that Subban is a #2 dman at worst, why did he accept the GM position? He should have had the courtesy to tell Molson that he isn't qualified, and he would rather be assistant GM.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Ummm what ? Oh noes he is greedy !
For wanting to make enough money to survive the next 60 years. Don't be ridiculous.
Those that are searching for a reason to begrudge him might think that way, but I sincerely hope the majority of Habs fans aren't that short sighted.

Old
JaymzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
As much as i hate Subban holding out, he's more than a solid top 3 dman. He's a solid 1st pairing D. He doesn't compare with the odd 90 top defensemen in the league. He compares with the top 30-40 dmen. That makes him borderline solid #1 D.

People actually have a very short memory, as there are things that Subban has proven, that guys like Benn and others haven't proven yet. Playoff performance. People seem to have forgotten how Subban frustrated pre-concussion Crosby into a hissy fit in the 2010 playoffs. And those goals against Boston, arguably the best Dman in that series not named Chara.
Chara wasn't great that series. Seidenberg IMO was Boston's best defensemen. However, I would argue Subban was the best non-goalie the entire series.

Old
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Fact is, hockey is a team game. Chemistry is really important and what PK is doing is against that.
True. But if he comes back, gives his 110% and helps the team win, they'll forget about this saga pretty quickly, as we will.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
If Carbo's story is true PK needs to sign the 2 year deal. Better for him in the long-run.

When a hard-nosed agent like Don Meehan tells you to accept a deal, you accept the deal imo.

If it's accurate of course.
Carbonneau can't even say 2 words in a row, I won't say he's too reliable. Don't even know how that guy was a captain and a coach. The only reliable guy on l'Antichambre is Vincent Damphousse...all the rest are wannabees/eklunds.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Bobby,

you know what? i would give him 7-8 year for 5 million now....

Habs are CLASSIC dumb FOR THESE SHORT TERM DEALS...

Plekenac they gave him a 1 yr ,when Plek want a long term... they could have locked him up at 3.5 million long term.....then year later it cost Habs 5 million a year long term..

Josh G...he wanted long term deal...Habs said no....even his agent said Habs could have locked him up WAY CHEAPER around 2.85 million...but no ,they gave him a bridge deal....1 year later , cost them 4 million a year

Subban he comes to play every game.no nights off..ok...and 4 years from now 5 million a year will be a steal....but no, here goes the Habs again with a short term bridge deal.....you watch what PK cost us 2 year from now likley 7.5 million a year........when we can lock up now way cheaper......again there goona be dumb AGAIN..
That's what I don't get. I get for Gorges, Pac and Pleks, as their performance could fall off. Pk seems solid, you won't get worse than how he's doing and that's already worth close to the 5m mark. Why not sign him long term and and get him for cheap when he'll be in the first few years of his prime because by then, he might just command upwards of 7m.

The only reason I see for this has to do with PK's place on the team, how he sees himself and the relationship he has with his teamates. They want to show him, yeah you're good and you work hard, but you've got a lot of improvements to make in the 'team' mentality aspect of the game, of getting along with everybody and not letting his ego overwhelm him. And holding out like that isn't a good sign that he'll improve on this aspect.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
I wouldn't want Yakupov he has been showing that he plays for himself not the team which is never good. He reminds me of Yashin that way.
He reminds me of Kruschev. It's not just his bomb of a shot, it's the threat of the bomb.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
Carbonneau can't even say 2 words in a row , I won't say he's too reliable. Don't even know how that guy was a captain and a coach. The only reliable guy on l'Antichambre is Vincent Damphousse...all the rest are wannabees/eklunds.
You'd know if you had seen him play, kiddo.

Old
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
True. But if he comes back, gives his 110% and helps the team win, they'll forget about this saga pretty quickly, as we will.
Ask the guys in Nashville how they truly felt with Rads holding out on them and then coming back. He is not held in high regard this actually will hurt his room presence more than many may think.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Craig71

OMG I am so sick of athletes that want it all. PK is a good player, he is not a great one and taking a 2 year bridge deal sends a message to the team and fans that he will do whats best for the future of the team. I am so sick of this,take the deal and just shut up and play.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
What meeting?

I think read on tweeter that Subban agent said he hoped to talk to the Habs this weekend..

Not sure why you are waiting for the weekend for?!?!
They talked today.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Ask the guys in Nashville how they truly felt with Rads holding out on them and then coming back. He is not held in high regard this actually will hurt his room presence more than many may think.
...because the situations are so similar.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I still don't get why Meehan would leak it to Carbonneau, of all people. It just doesn't make sense.

There are a few wild theories why he would have done that

1) He wants the media to pressure PK To sign, essentially working against his client
2) He thinks that Carbonneau will somehow convince PK to sign below what he thinks he's worth, again, working against his own client
3) Carbonneau is a ninja that infiltrated PK's apartment and tapped his phone lines.

I have to go with Occam's razor in this case. It's probably just Carbonneau just throwing gas on the fire to create some buzz.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Carbonneau can't even say 2 words in a row, I won't say he's too reliable. Don't even know how that guy was a captain and a coach. The only reliable guy on l'Antichambre is Vincent Damphousse...all the rest are wannabees/eklunds.
Way to respect one of the Habs best defensive forward and dedicated captain. Now you want Subban to get respect.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
FF de Mars

Just sign PK longterm already. What is wrong with you Bergevin.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
JaymzB

Quote:
Seriously? Is this a joke?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:44 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
He was a great captain. One of our best captains in a long time.

That being said, he was a mediocre (voir: bad) coach, and isn't a great analyst.

I don't dig the shot at him for being a captain though. He wore his heart on a sleeve for Montreal and worked his butt off every shift.

Old
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I still don't get why Meehan would leak it to Carbonneau, of all people. It just doesn't make sense.

There are a few wild theories why he would have done that

1) He wants the media to pressure PK To sign, essentially working against his client
2) He thinks that Carbonneau will somehow convince PK to sign below what he thinks he's worth, again, working against his own client
3) Carbonneau is a ninja that infiltrated PK's apartment and tapped his phone lines.

I have to go with Occam's razor in this case. It's probably just Carbonneau just throwing gas on the fire to create some buzz.
Perhaps PK is stubborn and Meehan is trying to prevent him hurting his career.

Old
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
lets say D was a strength of ours, I would trade Subban and DD for Benn, but we need Subban more then Benn right now.
No way. We need Benn big time. Elite scoring, power forward that can play any position, in any situation. Big fighter too. I'd be happy to go with a "solid" D-core short-term, maybe pick up a physical vet for playoff run, and develop guys like Thrower, Tinordi, Ellis, Beaulieu, etc. for the future. There is no one, other than maybe Beaulieu, on the roster with the potential to replace Markov, anyways. I know lots of fans don't want to hear that but that is my honest, yet unpopular, opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
If they were to move Subban they'd need a stud young d-man coming back, so Edmonton is probably not a fit.
No ones gonna really trade a stud young dman for another stud young dman. GMs are smart enough to identify the better of the two most of the time. It's usually a need for a need when trading.

Anyways, I really do hope this gets resolved with PK staying, but my patience is wavering.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
...because the situations are so similar.
Rads wanted more money wanted to re negotiate his deal to make more money Poile said no you have a contract. Rads didn'tlike it and bolted to Russia not that far off PK wants more money Bergevin is saying this is the offer PK is saying not good enough and holding out. He didn't run off to Russia but he is still hurting his team by holding out and not playing. What message does that send to guys like Paches and Price who all took the transition deal of 2 years. Tells me he feels he is above that and shouldn't have to follow team direction.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymzB View Post
Seriously? Is this a joke?
Obviously too young to have seen him play.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
DAChampion

Chris Chelios, Eric Desjardins, Andrei Markov, Ryan McDonagh, and PK Subban.

The only homegrown #1 dman we have kept is Andrei Markov, and he's the one that in hindsight, we never had any chance to win a cup with.

lol.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Originally posted by IWalkThroughWalls:

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...in-de-voir.php

Bergevin : "Subban est un bon jeune défenseur avec beaucoup de potentiel, mais j'arrive à Montréal et il y a des choses que j'ai besoin de voir"

Translated: "Subban is a good young dman with a lot of potential, but I've arrived in Montreal and there are things I need to see" - Bergevin.

If Bergevin is so dim, that he can't do something as simple as recognizing that Subban is a #2 dman at worst, why did he accept the GM position? He should have had the courtesy to tell Molson that he isn't qualified, and he would rather be assistant GM.
I'm really hoping that what he meant wasn't talent/play related, otherwise this is scary. I also assumed that Molson, during the interview process, would have asked him about the contracts that came off the books, like Price, Eller, White, Emelin, Diaz, and PK. How could he not discuss those cases?

The only hope I really have of PK not being moved is Molson simply not permitting it. PK is a huge marketing machine. Molson bought this franchise for half a billion, missed the POs the same year, had one of the worst season in forever where all seats weren't filled up anymore, then went through a lockout, and now his team is in financial dispute with their most marketable player. Can't be good.
I think the reason Bergevin refused to mention the possibility of a trade is simply because there's no way Molson let's him do that.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
haburger

bergevin doesnt know pk and wants to find out more about him???good job with you're thorough interview process geoff molson.good job.

Closed Thread