HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
sweat

vCash: 500
If PK was worth what he was asking for, wouldn't another team have signed him, and given up the draft picks for him (like the leafs did for Kessel)?

Old
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Why do people keep saying this ??? He will NOT be traded !

MB has said it opnely, besides if he does trade Molson's best PR player...he is FIRED!

Old
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
McDo is absolutely not a #1 D-man. Is he a great complement to a first pairing. Sure - though I'd argue 'good' rather than 'great' at this point.
A brilliant throw-away by Bob Gainey.

Can't wait to see what scraps we get for PK Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Unless you are a good Canadian white kid or Scandinavian... you are a non-team player with attitude problems.
Has everyone forgotten about how Yakupov played at the JR tourney even Bobby Mac made a comment about Yak wanting to be the team not part of the team. In their game agaisnt San Jose the other night the Oil were pressed in their own end on a few occasions and Yakupov was circling the redline waiting for a pass.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat View Post
If PK was worth what he was asking for, wouldn't another team have signed him, and given up the draft picks for him (like the leafs did for Kessel)?

Do you mean wouldn't another team tender him an offer sheet?

It may have happened, all we know is that he hasn't signed one yet.

He would have to agree to the offer sheet, and Montreal would have to -not- match it.

It's really not a valid argument against his worth to be honest.

And the Leafs traded for Kessel, they didn't offer sheet him. They threatened the offer sheet though, if that's what you are referencing.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
A brilliant throw-away by Bob Gainey.

Can't wait to see what scraps we get for PK Subban.
I would like to give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt this early on, I don't think he is as brain-dead as Gainey.

No one knows how much Subban is asking for and if it is over 5 million it is way too much.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Has everyone forgotten about how Yakupov played at the JR tourney even Bobby Mac made a comment about Yak wanting to be the team not part of the team. In their game agaisnt San Jose the other night the Oil were pressed in their own end on a few occasions and Yakupov was circling the redline waiting for a pass.

I don't remember MacKenzie ever making a comment of the sort. He praised him a lot, but I don't remember him saying Yakupov doesn't want to be part of the team.

As for him against SJ, well, he's an offensive player and a rookie playing his second game. I don't think that is proof that he isn't a team player TBH.

Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
well if bobby m made a Comment , yaks career is doomed, along with the rest of the ruskies

and terrible plays by Yak, how could he not adapt to the NHL in two games. bust.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post

MB has said it opnely, besides if he does trade Molson's best PR player...he is FIRED!
Given the situation, I think it is reasonable to consider the possibility that there are other GMs who place a much higher value on Subban than Bergevin does. Unfortunately. Therefore, a trade may be possible.

Old
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:

So you believe everything that people say? Paul Holmgren said that Richards and Carter weren't going anywhere... Look what happened. It's a business. And do you sincerely believe that Bergevin would trade Subban without discussing it with Molson first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
OMG I am so sick of athletes that want it all. PK is a good player, he is not a great one and taking a 2 year bridge deal sends a message to the team and fans that he will do whats best for the future of the team. I am so sick of this,take the deal and just shut up and play.
Can you name me an athlete, let a alone a human being...who doesn't want it all?

Who here wants to be paid LESS than what they think they're worth, IF they had a choice in the matter?

Ridiculous...

Old
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
You'd know if you had seen him play, kiddo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Way to respect one of the Habs best defensive forward and dedicated captain. Now you want Subban to get respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymzB View Post
Seriously? Is this a joke?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
He was a great captain. One of our best captains in a long time.

That being said, he was a mediocre (voir: bad) coach, and isn't a great analyst.

I don't dig the shot at him for being a captain though. He wore his heart on a sleeve for Montreal and worked his butt off every shift.

Tsé, veut dire.....what I meant is that he's a very bad communicator. Now back to PK

Old
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
McDonagh is not an established number 1 dman.
Neither is PK

Old
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I would like to give Bergevin the benefit of the doubt this early on, I don't think he is as brain-dead as Gainey.

No one knows how much Subban is asking for and if it is over 5 million it is way too much.
This is classic Habs. They finally get some talented young building blocks and at the first sign of resistance to their "model" which every one must blatantly abide by, they dish them off for well under market value, or lose them for absolutely nothing, and toil in mediocrity for another 5 years.

Honestly, I would quit if I was Timmins. Consistently finding talent only to watch them perform for other teams.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Can you name me an athlete, let a alone a human being...who doesn't want it all?

Who here wants to be paid LESS than what they think they're worth, IF they had a choice in the matter?

Ridiculous...
Robert Rice said it perfectly on twitter.

Gorges signed for $4M. Markov asked for 5.75M after two ACL surgeries. Price is at 6.5M. Every player is looking to get paid.

These guys for the most part, play hockey because they love it, but they also really, really like the money that comes with it.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
He's a RFA

Old
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:

Ridiculous...
I assume you've never heard of the term "hometown discount"?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
Roulin

Quote:
An offer sheet doesn't become public unless the player chooses to sign it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:07 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
He's a RFA
I think he meant signed him to an offer sheet.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
I assume you've never heard of the term "hometown discount"?
It's great when athletes chose to give a hometown discount. However the reality is they absolutely do not have to, and most don't.

It shouldn't be a knock against PK if he doesn't. We don't really know what he's asking for though, so it's impossible to judge.

Old
PunkinDrublic*

To answer, no it will not happen...PK is too big of a marketing tool. He is here to stay.

Old
MTL-rules

Quote:

Ridiculous...
There are a bunch of athletes who didn't get the contract they wished for and decide to accept a lesser offer and play. Gorges was one, just last year.

This debate is again going to the extremes, either PK's God and MB an idiot or PK's a greeddy mofo and we'd be better off without him.

Is it possible that the truth lies between ???

Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
So you believe everything that people say? Paul Holmgren said that Richards and Carter weren't going anywhere... Look what happened. It's a business. And do you sincerely believe that Bergevin would trade Subban without discussing it with Molson first?
pretty much this. if a trade is beneficial, MB will pull the trigger i think.
But i doubt this extremely rookie management has full autonomy over hockey affairs.
With the amount invested in the HABS, and the number of investors, pretty sure Molson is surrounded by all kinds of knowledgeable advisers, who watch every move MB is and will be making until the new owners feel comfortable with giving full autonomy to this (or next) management group.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

lol, good tweet:

Ben Kerr ‏@LastWordBKerr
I'm still upset Sam Pollock didn't trade Ken Dryden in 1973 when Dryden held out an entire season asking for fair market value. #habs

Old
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Roulin

Quote:
To answer, no it will not happen...PK is too big of a marketing tool. He is here to stay.
I really hope that he is here to stay. But I also really hope that is not how the Canadiens make personnel decisions.

Also, as bad as I think this trade would be for the on-ice team, wouldn't Couturier be considered just as much of a "marketing tool"?

Closed Thread