HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The hole on the second line (Tangradi -> Kennedy -> Glass -> ???)

Old
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
to be fair, Cooke did pretty well paired with Crosby last season IIRC
On the 3rd line getting 3rd line minutes. As soon as Sid was deemed ready for top 6 action, he left that line.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Medic412

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

COME DB DO IT. DO IT

Medic412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Medic412

Is Engel getting healthy scratched for the game on FRIDAY?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Dangles78

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic412 View Post
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

COME DB DO IT. DO IT
OK, but then we are trading one of Tangradi/Jeffrey/Lovejoy. Which I'm fine with.

And if we trade Lovejoy, that means we have Tangradi and Jeffrey sitting in the press box losing value

It's not ideal. We need another player (especially with creativity) in the top-6 and we have that in Bennett, but he's still showing signs of "lack of size" in the AHL by being injured again last game. I'm sure everyone wants Bennett to be up right now, but given the current circumstances, it's not gonna happen right now.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Shady Machine

For the record, the Pen's site says TK will play the left wing. At least Neal isn't being moved for him. And here is the scary part:

ďI think just stick my game,Ē he said of his mindset. ďSkating and shooting pucks and try to get to the net. I know both of them are shooters, so Iíve got to get to the net and jam in some rebounds. Ö Obviously if theyíre open Iím going to pass, but if Iíve got a shooting lane Iím going to shoot. It doesnít matter who Iím playing with.Ē

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

I like the confidence, but I can just see a very frustrated Geno and Neal wide open with TK shooting bad angle shots.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Medic412

Gotta put Tangradi on the trading block. You never know there could be some feelers out there.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Medic412

I like the idea of having a right shot on Malkin's line. Did he ever have a righty winger?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Bennett Brauer

I think the smart thing to do is to give Bennett the rest of the season in the AHL, let him get bigger and stronger in the summer, come into camp and earn a spot.

We'll see what Kennedy can do on Malkin's line. I don't like it on paper, but who knows?

So let's see...

Kunitz-Crosby_Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Kennedy
Cooke-Sutter-Glass
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

The lines from pens report says Neal-Malkin-Kennedy, are they considering moving Neal to the left side?

Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I think the smart thing to do is to give Bennett the rest of the season in the AHL, let him get bigger and stronger in the summer, come into camp and earn a spot.

We'll see what Kennedy can do on Malkin's line. I don't like it on paper, but who knows?

So let's see...

Kunitz-Crosby_Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Kennedy
Cooke-Sutter-Glass
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

The lines from pens report says Neal-Malkin-Kennedy, are they considering moving Neal to the left side?
According to the updated article on the site, it says Kennedy will play on the left side, which he has never done.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Bennett Brauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic412 View Post
I like the idea of having a right shot on Malkin's line. Did he ever have a righty winger?
Arron Asham played on his wing in 2010-11 briefly, Malkin said he liked having a right handed player on his line.

EDIT: Oh and Steve Sullivan last year, temporarily though.

Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Medic412

[QUOTE=Eyes of Orpik;58234079]I think the smart thing to do is to give Bennett the rest of the season in the AHL, let him get bigger and stronger in the summer, come into camp and earn a spot.

Yea but how much bigger is he really going to get? He still looks roughly the same as when he got drafted. I saw him at his first rookie camp and this previous one and he's not that much bigger. I did hear that he does well in the gym with the weights for his size.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Medic412

I must say I didn't know BB wasn't healthy. No point of him being brought up to the show if he's not 100%

Old
01-24-2013, 01:28 PM
wolffy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
For the record, the Pen's site says TK will play the left wing. At least Neal isn't being moved for him. And here is the scary part:

ďI think just stick my game,Ē he said of his mindset. ďSkating and shooting pucks and try to get to the net. I know both of them are shooters, so Iíve got to get to the net and jam in some rebounds. Ö Obviously if theyíre open Iím going to pass, but if Iíve got a shooting lane Iím going to shoot. It doesnít matter who Iím playing with.Ē

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|PIT|home

I like the confidence, but I can just see a very frustrated Geno and Neal wide open with TK shooting bad angle shots.
Someone needs to get behind the net for some rebounds.

wolffy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffy66 View Post
Someone needs to get behind the net for some rebounds.
Did I miss a joke or am I just confused? I'm not aware of why anyone would go behind the net for some rebounds.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Dangles78

vCash: 814
[QUOTE=Medic412;58234433]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post

Yea but how much bigger is he really going to get? He still looks roughly the same as when he got drafted. I saw him at his first rookie camp and this previous one and he's not that much bigger. I did hear that he does well in the gym with the weights for his size.
Bennett looks nothing like when he was drafted. He was a beanpole. He didn't even do much off-ice conditioning until Denver. He's put on weight and now he needs to keep getting stronger. He can do this by keeping his commitment to the gym and learning how to play with his "new" body which will help his durability.

The kid went from ~175 all the way to ~205 then back down to ~190 in two years. He has tons of room to grow with a 6'2" frame and he's only going to get stronger.

EDIT: Not sure why it quoted Eyes of Orpik. It's 2:30...I have that "2 O'clock feeling" so whatever.

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
wolffy66

Quote:
Did I miss a joke or am I just confused? I'm not aware of why anyone would go behind the net for some rebounds.
Thats prefectly reasonable if the shooter is going to hit the net.

wolffy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
According to the updated article on the site, it says Kennedy will play on the left side, which he has never done.
he did for a very short stint last season with Geno and Neal. It might have only been pre-season even.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffy66 View Post
Thats prefectly reasonable if the shooter is going to hit the net.
Got it.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Saints11

Tk on malkin's line

TK with Geno is a disaster waiting to happen. Unfortunately, Tangradi didn't pan out. I don't think it was the speed factor, but rather the skill factor and the offense in DB's system. I think Tangradi would be better off out West than in the East. He is suited for a different style of game. I like the fact that Shero seems to be taking to people and already looking. Today's trades seem to be organizational plus moves, even if Kolarik never makes it to the Pens. I'd be calling the Canucks to check on the availability of Mason Raymond;speed and skill is what the Pens need. It is too bad the Pens and Blues don't fit as partners, I'd love to get Chris Stewart. Also, I think Shero needs to avoid the pressure to elevate BB before he is really ready.

Saints11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:15 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
RIP parabola

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Moving Kennedy up, in my opinion, directly affects 2 lines. The 3rd/4th are different and not as good. The 2nd doesn't gain that much from having TK.

We can try to mask everything we need, but just look for a filler and eventually bring in a winger for Sid and move Kunitz back to Neal/Geno's line.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
Pancakes

I'd rather see TK with Crosby, and Kunitz with Malkin. Tk and Sid actually had limited chemistry last year.

But I can understand why Bylsma doesn't want to throw every good winger on the team to Malkin and give Crosby nothing. Still from a chemistry standpoint I think we'd be better off with:

Dupuis-Sid-Tk
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Candyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Damon View Post
Outsider here, but have watched all 3 games this season:

At this point what is the harm of calling Beau Bennett up for a 2-3 game trial and demoting Tangradi? Or does ET need to clear waivers? Would be nice to leave that Third line alone.
Your sign in and avatar makes us officially best friends.

Want to go do Karate in the garage?!

But seriously I don't mind seeing Kennedy on line 2. he's an established NHL'er (even if bottom 6). and at this point we have so few options to try anyway.

Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:22 PM
gafel

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
unfortunately, a Tangradi trade might not help the Pens much because i doubt they'd be able to get a roster player back. next to Ponikarovski, Tangradi is pretty much the biggest invisible player the Pens have had in a long time.
Um, Chris Bourque was the most invisible of the Disco era duh

gafel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Moving Kennedy up, in my opinion, directly affects 2 lines. The 3rd/4th are different and not as good. The 2nd doesn't gain that much from having TK.

We can try to mask everything we need, but just look for a filler and eventually bring in a winger for Sid and move Kunitz back to Neal/Geno's line.
Yep. I know that DB is the coach and we are just dudes on a message board, but I just don't get what he's doing here.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Dupree13

For all the hype that the third line is getting, they really didn't do anything in the first three games. Or even play together that much five on five.

Actually, thinking about it, we spill an awful lot of ink on here worrying about lines considering how much DB mixes them up. He throws his "two headed monster" out there and you get musical lines for the rest of the period.

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote