HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 1

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Probably because he is not a good 'ol Canadian boy. Yak will be just fine.
There was a rumor that Katz vetoed Tambo when Tambo wanted Murray at the draft. Yak is not going anywhere.
Stauffer shut that down, and multiple conversations with Stu MacGregor and Steve Tambellini showed that he was our pick.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
I think he's rubbing a lot of people the wrong way because he's Russian.

For whatever reason that annoys people.
The only people that Yakupov is rubbing the wrong way are the dinosaurs at the Journal and Sun who are desperate to drum up any controversy that they can in order to sell copies of their increasingly-irrelevant fishwrap.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetz View Post
Yuo miss understand. Subban + 2013 pick FOR Yak
My apologies...i couldn't see Montreal doing this either unfortunately. The Oilers would take it and run.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetz View Post

If Yak's VERY TOP end potential is Stamkos, I would do Stamkos for Subban and a 2013 1st, knowing the odds are good it will be a top 5 pick. BECAUSE we have Hall, RNH and Eberle.

Subban's top end is Doughty in my opinion
You are overrating Subban by a LOT.
His offensive game is overrated... The amount of chances he gets vs # of goals scored makes him anti-Eberle..

His defensive game is also overrated.. (top 5 in league in giveaways. 88)

His physical game is overrated...

Take away his PP production and he is not a huge upgrade over Petry in any way.

add in his lack of discipline .. (100+ minor penalties last 2 seasons) and he is nothing close to Stamkos.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
OilerFan4Life

I still think we're gonna see a Subban for Couturier swap.

Snider/Holmgren aren't afraid to take chances.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Stauffer shut that down, and multiple conversations with Stu MacGregor and Steve Tambellini showed that he was our pick.
Obviously they would shut it down now that it is done..
Show us the inside works before the draft on Oilchange and I will buy it.. Otherwise I am sticking with what I dug up re Oilers management wanting Murray before Katz chimed in.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:27 PM
shogun99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
The only people that Yakupov is rubbing the wrong way are the dinosaurs at the Journal and Sun who are desperate to drum up any controversy that they can in order to sell copies of their increasingly-irrelevant fishwrap.
Got to love how the Edmonton Sun is hurting so bad that they're charging people 6$/month to view their website. Do they not realize that there are a million other free websites to get news?

Old
01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
canovin
Klefbom's charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
Got to love how the Edmonton Sun is hurting so bad that they're charging people 6$/month to view their website. Do they not realize that there are a million other free websites to get news?
It's the same with Montreal Gazette so I assume it's for all journals

Old
01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
its all about the sunshine girl!

Old
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Hearing RFA Jamie Benn is getting closer to a new deal with the Dallas Stars. Not done yet but sounds like it's headed in right direction.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Obviously they would shut it down now that it is done..
Show us the inside works before the draft on Oilchange and I will buy it.. Otherwise I am sticking with what I dug up re Oilers management wanting Murray before Katz chimed in.
If Katz didn't trust his GM and his scouting staff, then he would fire them. A more likely conspiracy theory would have been the media talking up Ryan Murray because EDM told them they were taking Murray. Then, any team wanting Yakupov may have fired off more enticing trade offers.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:52 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
If Katz didn't trust his GM and his scouting staff, then he would fire them. A more likely conspiracy theory would have been the media talking up Ryan Murray because EDM told them they were taking Murray. Then, any team wanting Yakupov may have fired off more enticing trade offers.
in addition, if management/scouts couldnt make decisions for themselves, they probably wouldnt stick around

Old
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quite frankly, unless there's a great deal available, I don't see the point in any big trades for the Oilers this year.

We will be very lucky to make the playoffs this year and I think it's going to be this draft/offseason that we would be more likely to make a big splash.

Trading Yakupov now seems idiotic to me, unless it's for Doughty or Pietrangelo.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
It was not about trusting the GM and scouting staff.. It was about accelerating the rebuild. All speculation but Tambo wanted to fill the need but Katz pushed to draft the BPA. I am sure he left the final decision to GM but when the owner is fine with not accelerating the rebuild it puts less pressure on the management and scouting staff..

Just because an employer of Oilers shut it down does not mean reports from the draft day are now all incorrect.. Bob Mac > Stauffer

Old
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Quite frankly, unless there's a great deal available, I don't see the point in any big trades for the Oilers this year.

We will be very lucky to make the playoffs this year and I think it's going to be this draft/offseason that we would be more likely to make a big splash.

Trading Yakupov now seems idiotic to me, unless it's for Doughty or Pietrangelo.
Agree with the logic but thing is that right now bigger names are available.. Subban\Benn\ ORielly etc... There might not be much to get at draft.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:04 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
I know everyone thinks MTL would ask for the moon but I actually think they would get lesser value than normal because of the contract situation and teams knowing they were in a bind (which could be Colorado's problem with O'Reilly)

I wonder if Whitney, Paajarvi, Klefbom and a 1st gets it done. Or if MTL doesn't want Whitney because he hasn't been too impressive lately, maybe Petry, Paajarvi, Klefbom, 2nd
Whitney, PRV, Klef, and 1st, I would say that is an over payment same with Petry, PRV, Klefbom.

I would do Whitney, PRV, Marincin, 2nd for him.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Taking you idea a step further...

Deal 1 : Yakupov + Belanger for Subban + Plekanec
Then
Deal 2: Gagner + Khabi for Luongo

Hartikainen-RNH-Ebs
Hall-Plekanec-Hemsky (Some chemistry already there)
We need to add to this deal unfortunately.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Giggli G

For Subban, I think Klefbom + 1st would most definitely be the core of a deal with the Oilers. Then add something of mid value. What, I am not sure.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:16 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
It was not about trusting the GM and scouting staff.. It was about accelerating the rebuild. All speculation but Tambo wanted to fill the need but Katz pushed to draft the BPA. I am sure he left the final decision to GM but when the owner is fine with not accelerating the rebuild it puts less pressure on the management and scouting staff..

Just because an employer of Oilers shut it down does not mean reports from the draft day are now all incorrect.. Bob Mac > Stauffer
K.Lowe basically said Bob Mac was full of it today. He said the reports coming out about Luongo and the Oilers didn't make any sense and were totally ridiculous.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
For Subban, I think Klefbom + 1st would most definitely be the core of a deal with the Oilers. Then add something of mid value. What, I am not sure.
I just can't see the Habs moving Subban without getting a NHL top 4 d-man or a top 6 foward as the core piece.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Giggli G

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I just can't see the Habs moving Subban without getting a NHL top 4 d-man or a top 6 foward as the core piece.
Good point. Perhaps it could be Klefbom+roster player as the main part. Or, whitney could be a throw in with the Klefbom+1st.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
K.Lowe basically said Bob Mac was full of it today. He said the reports coming out about Luongo and the Oilers didn't make any sense and were totally ridiculous.
Dont make any sense because why?

Our goaltending is the worst in the entire league.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Amos665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggli G View Post
Good point. Perhaps it could be Klefbom+roster player as the main part. Or, whitney could be a throw in with the Klefbom+1st.
Nobody is going to take Whitney for what he is right now, especially not if they want a Top 4 defensemen. It's probably more like Smid/Petry + Klefbom

Old
01-24-2013, 03:22 PM
BlueChip01

Lowe has to turn that down. Subban is an interesting situation though.

MTL and PK are so far apart it is not even funny.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Dont make any sense because why?

Our goaltending is the worst in the entire league.
Read an interesting blog about this from the Oiler guy over @ Eklunds. Yeah I know. lol But he did a piece on this that was actually pretty good yesterday ( I think it was yesterday). Not sure if all of it was bang on or not but it made a lot of sense to me.

Closed Thread