HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 4: New Trade Rules! Check OP

Old
01-24-2013, 12:46 PM
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
players are in this game until age 40 (41 in the case of someone like Arnott), I don't see why everyone thinks Datsyuk is retiring when he's still an 89 at age 37...I'll be ****ed if he does (this offseason that is, I'd be okay if I get another full season or two)

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
slightlystewpid420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVx Santillo View Post
Now that I look at it im happy I didnt take Datsyuk and his brutal contract and retiring stats

Oh wait, Im 6th and your 8th in West

Oh and I beat you to be ahead of you in the standings hmmmm, get your facts straight son
Yeah there was no way i was giving much up for Datsyuk when he's going to retire in 1-2yrs. Gerbe and Stepan were a much better investment to my team. Just need to replace tyutin and find a true #1C

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:47 PM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
you obviously underrate Eller, just like our wonderful coach here in Montreal.

Plus Datsyuk retiring so anything I got for him is great.

Oh and I'll still take you in the playoffs
I love Eller I tried to get him too. Julien better smarten up fast Eller was one of our best players last year.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
players are in this game until age 40, I don't see why everyone thinks Datsyuk is retiring...I'll be ****ed if he does
Boyle retired at 38 i think

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:48 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
sorry superstar!

I fear you and your team every time I face you, first time you beat me in the two seasons you've been in the league son.
Sorry you picked a team when they were at their BEST, scammed old GMs in getting the better end of the deals

What I did was take a crappy team and formed them into something playable

Result: First time i play you with a healthy team that im slowly building and OH LOOK i beat you

Admit it, your team is going to ***** so ur trading ur "stars" for crap i.e fleury, datsyuk

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Sorry you picked a team when they were at their BEST, scammed old GMs in getting the better end of the deals

What I did was take a crappy team and formed them into something playable

Result: First time i play you with a healthy team that im slowly building and OH LOOK i beat you

Admit it, your team is going to ***** so ur trading ur "stars" for crap i.e fleury, datsyuk
lol ok steve, continue to believe your right like usual. you remind me of someone

Old
01-24-2013, 12:50 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
players are in this game until age 40 (41 in the case of someone like Arnott), I don't see why everyone thinks Datsyuk is retiring when he's still an 89 at age 37...I'll be ****ed if he does (this offseason that is, I'd be okay if I get another full season or two)
LOL at you buzzing out if he might retire, even if he doesnt he will prob go way down already from 95-89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunner View Post
I love Eller I tried to get him too. Julien better smarten up fast Eller was one of our best players last year.
The coach is Therrien...many coaches after Julien as well

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
dunner

Quote:
LOL at you buzzing out if he might retire, even if he doesnt he will prob go way down already from 95-89

The coach is Therrien...many coaches after Julien as well
haha yeah Therrien - Hate Julien even more.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Because he had some major drop offs in attributes. Not saying he's not elite but over the next 2yrs he will degress

Old
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Price 89

Quote:
haha yeah Therrien - Hate Julien even more.
Desharnais has to get the **** off this team

Old
01-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
I dunno, Timonen and Kubina both retired before 40 for me. I wouldn't have made that deal personally as I wouldn't be shocked at all if Datsyuk retires at the end of this season, hopefully I'm wrong as it'd suck for you to give up so much only to have him for this season.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
That Habs Fan
drive for 25's alive

vCash: 400
I'm ok with some declination, he's still my best player at 89, just hoping he doesn't retire.

I kind of assume this game lets the stars retire later than players like Timonen/Kubina, Dats' stats like durability and endurance are still high, which indicate he should stick around for a bit...I'm hoping

also, we've got a contingency plan in place in case he does retire (i'll be getting something from det)

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 01-24-2013 at 01:03 PM.
That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
dunner

Quote:
Desharnais has to get the **** off this team
I disagree- He is our most talented guy with the puck on his stick if he was 6"3" and had the same skill set everyone would be drooling.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Price 89

Quote:
I disagree- He is our most talented guy with the puck on his stick if he was 6"3" and had the same skill set everyone would be drooling.
Not sure if your from MTL but all these frenchmen want to suck his dick because he speaks the language if his name John Smith he would of never got a chance here. It's ruining Elller's potential

Old
01-24-2013, 01:03 PM
dunner

Quote:
Not sure if your from MTL but all these frenchmen want to suck his dick because he speaks the language if his name John Smith he would of never got a chance here. It's ruining Elller's potential
It's simple to me and it's called move one of them to the wing. It's a shame that the above is probably true. Desharnais put up basically 3 straight years of 100 points in junior followed by 100+ in Echl and then averages a point a game in Ahl and in his second Nhl season he put up 60 points, which for centers in the nhl is top 30 and still he gets over looked because he is 5"7" i'm not from Quebec but have cheered for the habs since I was born and I hate the whole we need french players and coaches Bs. I think we hired the wrong guy and LL is going to be a bust but DD is valuable.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:34 PM
HughJazz3dg

vCash: 50
Last time this season that I do a roster update.

Devils Roster:

Pesonen-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Perreault-O'Reilly-Connolly
Jorg-Arnott-Ryder
Josefson-Stretch-Zharkov
Latendresse, Fedotenko, Carter

Ekholm-Manning
Gilbert-Hannan
Schultz-Tallinder
Phillips, Fayne, Kelly, Reilly

Neuvirth
Enroth.

Franchise Players
Kovalchuk
Zajac
Ekholm

Reilly

HughJazz3dg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:12 PM
dbridge

Quote:
I'm ok with some declination, he's still my best player at 89, just hoping he doesn't retire.

I kind of assume this game lets the stars retire later than players like Timonen/Kubina, Dats' stats like durability and endurance are still high, which indicate he should stick around for a bit...I'm hoping

also, we've got a contingency plan in place in case he does retire (i'll be getting something from det)
I've had Matt Cooke retire at 34 or so and St. Louis retire at about 37 or 38 without decreasing in ability, yet I have Jagr still chugging along at 43. As far as I can tell, retirement is a crapshoot once a player hits 35. He could retire then, or he could last 8 more years.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
avsfan89

Latest Avalanche Lineup Update

Dubinsky (83) duchene (87) landeskog (84)
Parenteau (82) Roy (86) Marleau (88)
Wilson (76) Flaake (79) Vallerand (80)
Condra (78) Malone(75) kobasew (78)

hedman (85) johnson (88)
Elliot (81) hjalmarsson (84)
Rutkowski (72) Gaunce (74)

Varlamov (85)
Reid (75)

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
cbenini87

Lehtanen, Hodgson, Weal are all available. Looking for a top 2 Dman or Top 6 forward.

cbenini87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Retirement isn't at a constant age. It seems that every player over 36 or so has some chance of retiring each offseason--with the chance getting progressively more likely with age.

Guys don't retire the same year in each league, or is there one set age.

There's definitely a chance Datsyuk retires.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
slightlystewpid420

Updated rosters(not that it matters) pretty deep in the gutter so I'm giving some youth a shot to take a role in this season and really see if playing high potential players top minutes for a (mostly) full season has an actual effect on development.

Ennis Shinkaruk(75 f/o)Gerbe
Stafford Stepan Brassard
Husselius Johansen Kubalik
Atkinson Erne JAM

Wiz Morrissey
Murray Summers
Syvret Moore

Bobby.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:25 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Seems like an awful lot for Henrique.
Connoly is made of glass. Trust me.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
It's simple to me and it's called move one of them to the wing. It's a shame that the above is probably true. Desharnais put up basically 3 straight years of 100 points in junior followed by 100+ in Echl and then averages a point a game in Ahl and in his second Nhl season he put up 60 points, which for centers in the nhl is top 30 and still he gets over looked because he is 5"7" i'm not from Quebec but have cheered for the habs since I was born and I hate the whole we need french players and coaches Bs. I think we hired the wrong guy and LL is going to be a bust but DD is valuable.
I'm afraid they might have to put Eller on the wing. He is way better at center but barring injury or not keeping Galchenyuk I don't see him at center this year...... Good to have depth for once though. There will be injuries, so he'll get his chance soon enough.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
avsfan89

I dont know why ppl are hesitant to put players at other positions. Some wingers have way better Faceoff stats than actualy centers. I put Landeskog at RW and he plays better than his LW position; same goes to parenteau, roy, and dubinsky

avsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
I dont know why ppl are hesitant to put players at other positions. Some wingers have way better Faceoff stats than actualy centers. I put Landeskog at RW and he plays better than his LW position; same goes to parenteau, roy, and dubinsky
Shinkaruk has done really well for me at the #1C position in the past. His first game back he scored the opening goal. He's just terrible during the sims