HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Prust Y U MAD Bruins*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
MB has said it opnely, besides if he does trade Molson's best PR player...he is FIRED!
You know everything ! Do you work with him ???

Old
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Clumsyhab

I'm sure people have already brought that up, but how about Subban+Eller for Jamie Benn?

Old
01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Jesus Christ, 63% want him traded on the 5 à 7 facebook page poll.

Hopefully a signing gets done ASAP (just read that JdeM article).

Old
01-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Danleri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I'm sure people have already brought that up, but how about Subban+Eller for Jamie Benn?
Not sure if serious.......

Old
01-24-2013, 05:03 PM
peate
Good grief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

Hopefully a signing gets done ASAP (just read that JdeM article).
Those made up horoscopes were pretty funny too.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
BobbyFischer*

Trade the bum for a bag of pucks at this point.

Just get him off the team, this is such a distraction.

Ship him out of town to whoever will take the damn crybaby!

Old
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Trading PK for anything less than a ridiculous over payment will set this franchise back around 5 years.

I'd actually probably start the first official Fire Bergevin thread.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post

You hate the Habs, don't you?

Old
01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
what if chuckie sticks this year and puts up 20 goals next yr and 28 the next?he would command LARGE dollars.mb gonna pull the same garbage?or will he have been fired by then?
When Galchenyuk gets to his contract, part of me thinks Bergevin will try to lowball him and offer him 2 years @ 2.5 million per, another part of me thinks that a different standard will apply to Galchenyuk because he's white.

We'll see.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
When Galchenyuk gets to his contract, part of me thinks Bergevin will try to lowball him and offer him 2 years @ 2.5 million per, another part of me thinks that a different standard will apply to Galchenyuk because he's white.

We'll see.
Well.. Galchenyuk does things the white way, so...

Old
01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

That's something isn't it? You'd figure it would be tough to find that many people who allow their emotions to cloud their judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post

Then again...

Old
01-24-2013, 05:11 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
I understand the 2 year bridge etc. I respect that but if Gally puts up 50-60-80 pts in his first 3 seasons do you really thing he will take a bridge contract?

Old
01-24-2013, 05:11 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The real kicker is that he seems to think we'd actually have better chance of winning the cup with McDonaugh as 1st dman rather than having Markov.
We'd have a better chance of winning the cup with McDonagh on our system than with Markov.

We're not winning the cup before 2015/16 at the earliest, by which point McDonagh will be vastly superior to Markov.

You obviously have no idea how good RM was for the NYR last year.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:13 PM
SAKS AVENUE

He is RFA,

Ball is not in his court, Clearly an arbitrator is needed. Is that not possible anymore? P.K thinks he is Doughty and Bergy doesn't. Can an arbitrator be assigned at this point?

The guy is a little full of himself, I doubt Bergy doesn't want to pay P.K's worth it's defining P.K's worth.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Trading PK for anything less than a ridiculous over payment will set this franchise back around 5 years.

I'd actually probably start the first official Fire Bergevin thread.
What about a fair payment ?

Right now it looks bad. This interview in the Gazette is not showing PK under his best light.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
You see, the problem here is that even Lidstrom wouldn't have brought us a cup. It's a team sport and Markov never had much of a good team to play with.
That's exactly it.

We had cup contention windows during which Chelios and Desjardins might have been useful, as there will be in the near-future when Subban/McDonagh would be useful.

There was never going to be a cup contention window with Markov, so he's been of marginal use by definition, yet he's the one we've kept, unless we manage to keep Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
You see, the problem here is that even Lidstrom wouldn't have brought us a cup. It's a team sport and Markov never had much of a good team to play with.
Ironically, that was the guy's point. But you seem to be ripping him for it.

He's saying that Markov never had a chance because we didn't surround him with guys who were good enough to win. McD might've been good enough to help but we'll never know... Let's just hope this doesn't happen with Subban.

BTW, what's doubly ironic here is that I told you for years that we weren't good enough to win a cup and you fought me tooth and nail. Now you're telling us that even Lidstrom couldn't have won a cup for us...

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 01-24-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
You are missing the point. Hockey players, like everyone else, want to get paid. Subban is hardly the first.

Hell, Dryden was in the same boat.
"... No one wants to be in this position. Of course you always try to get the best contract but a guy in his position does not have a lot of leverage so he needs to say yes to a transition contract. Then you aim for higher and better terms; that’s the path 95% of the players followed...”
Josh Gorges

Labbé interviewed Gorges in English, translated it in French... and I translated it back in English! The nuances are probably lost in the process but the bulk of Gorges’ opinion is respected.

Ref.: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ans-subban.php

If the Canadiens give a blank check to Subban, what will happen with Galchenyuk, Beaulieu... when they reach the same stage? Subban is no Crosby so I don’t think Mtl should completely overlook the fact that he is a freakin RFA player with no rights to arbitration

Old
01-24-2013, 05:17 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
P.K thinks he is Doughty ...

The guy is a little full of himself
It's been confirmed by Stubbs that PK isn't looking for Doughty money.

Old
axman88

Quote:

We'll see.
Unless he does terribly over the next three years, he will not be offered a lower contract then his current entry-level of $3,225,000 (with bonuses). That is the going rate for a 1st round draft pick (especially one picked in the top 3). If he excels in Montreal and becomes a superstar then his next contract will probably be between 5-8 million on a long-term contract.

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
That's exactly it.

We had cup contention windows during which Chelios and Desjardins might have been useful, as there will be in the near-future when Subban/McDonagh would be useful.

There was never going to be a cup contention window with Markov, so he's been of marginal use by definition, yet he's the one we've kept, unless we manage to keep Subban.
Beat me to it.

And I think we'll keep Subban. It hasn't been that long and I really think they'll work it out. He's too valuable to let go.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon

I was kind of intrigued about what Subban could net us but the only thing that we really need right now is help on the RW. I say we hang on to Subban and is Gally sticks with the team we trade Eller and a Pick for a young RW. We would have a solid top 6 and a balanced D. If Beaulieu does in fact pan out we have look at the option of trading PK or any other D-Man down the road. Right now there are a lot of If's that have to go our way for us to not be completely set back by trading Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Unless he does terribly over the next three years, he will not be offered a lower contract then his current entry-level of $3,225,000 (with bonuses). That is the going rate for a 1st round draft pick (especially one picked in the top 3). If he excels in Montreal and becomes a superstar then his next contract will probably be between 5-8 million on a long-term contract.
Right, Galchenyuk won't get a pay cut, but if he gets back-to-back 70 point seasons and they offer him a long-term rather than a 2-year bridge contract, then there's a double standard.

A lot of people are saying we need to underpay Subban so that we can underpay Galchenyuk, Tinordi, etc.

IMO those posters have a loser mentality. I am all for paying Tinordi, Beaulieu, etc 5 million a year if they earn it. I would be 100% ecstatic to see them get 5 million dollar/year paychecks if they earn it as Subban has earned it.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
It's been confirmed by Stubbs that PK isn't looking for Doughty money.
That says very little considering doughty got an 8 year 7 mil per year deal.

Old
01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
"... No one wants to be in this position. Of course you always try to get the best contract but a guy in his position does not have a lot of leverage so he needs to say yes to a transition contract. Then you aim for higher and better terms; that’s the path 95% of the players followed...”
Josh Gorges

Labbé interviewed Gorges in English, translated it in French... and I translated it back in English! The nuances are probably lost in the process but the bulk of Gorges’ opinion is respected.

Ref.: http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...ans-subban.php
As many of us stated earlier, I think something was lost in translation. I have a hard time believing Gorges would be stupid enough to say that PK "needs to say yes to a transition contract" and if he did say this he should really just ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
If the Canadiens give a blank check to Subban, what will happen with Galchenyuk, Beaulieu... when they reach the same stage? Subban is no Crosby so I don’t think Mtl should completely overlook the fact that he is a freakin RFA player with no rights to arbitration
Sure. And when we see what he signs for I guess we'll know. Based on what we're hearing though it doesn't sound like he wants a blank check.

I get the idea of having a policy with bridge contracts but you have to be flexible. PK is an exceptional player so you make an exception for him. There's got to be a way to meet somewhere in the middle here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I was kind of intrigued about what Subban could net us but the only thing that we really need right now is help on the RW. I say we hang on to Subban and is Gally sticks with the team we trade Eller and a Pick for a young RW. We would have a solid top 6 and a balanced D. If Beaulieu does in fact pan out we have look at the option of trading PK or any other D-Man down the road. Right now there are a lot of If's that have to go our way for us to not be completely set back by trading Subban.
That's the thing. We trade him away for a great forward... who do we have to replace Subban on the back end? It's not like we still have McD. If we at least had him it would be a little easier but...

Closed Thread