HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs @ Pens | Leafs win 5-2!

Old
01-24-2013, 12:09 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 2 - 2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
I'd trade Mike Brown for a 5th.

I don't expect a lot of the 4th line. But I expect size, speed and responsibility. He doesn't have size or speed. The only good thing is that he is small enough to take on players that take liberties. Orr would look like a bully if he jumped some random nonfighting scrub.
The thing with career 4th liners they are all pretty much the same. Trade Brown for a 5th and replace him with pretty much the same.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:12 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 2 - 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKule View Post
You're conflating things. Brown had a bad game, and our 4th line is bad. Two separate statements. Orr and McClement were alright last night I guess.

And no, they weren't ok. The shift I've been alluding to went like this: Mike Brown lets a 10 foot breakout pass bounce off his stick to a Penguin, they get hemmed for 50 seconds, Brown ices the puck, then they get hemmed for another 20 seconds. Multiple Penguin scoring attempts and the two best hockey players in the world get on the ice against 3 not so good ones. It was bad.
Browns not the 1st nor will he be the last player to make a bad turnover. Happens every game, to every team. In this instance no harm was done. I think you're blowing things a little out of proportion.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:14 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:

I don't expect a lot of the 4th line. But I expect size, speed and responsibility. He doesn't have size or speed. The only good thing is that he is small enough to take on players that take liberties. Orr would look like a bully if he jumped some random nonfighting scrub.
Hate on Brown all you want, but to say he doesn't have speed is just a stupid thing to say.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
TheKule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Browns not the 1st nor will he be the last player to make a bad turnover. Happens every game, to every team.
He turned it over many times, and he played poorly. That's all I was saying.

Quote:
In this instance no harm was done.
I'm process oriented. I don't care about results from a player evaluation perspective.

Quote:
I think you're blowing things a little out of proportion.
Well, when someone has to restate their point multiple times they can come across as histrionic. But I don't actually care about Mike Brown's play because he's not long for this team and will be gone sooner than later.

TheKule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:36 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 2 - 2

Quote:
He turned it over many times, and he played poorly. That's all I was saying.

I'm process oriented. I don't care about results from a player evaluation perspective.

Well, when someone has to restate their point multiple times they can come across as histrionic. But I don't actually care about Mike Brown's play because he's not long for this team and will be gone sooner than later.
There were all kinds of turnovers by both sides last night not just by Brown. I think this stat is tracked not sure where to find it but it would be interesting to see.

Agreed, Brown really isn't worth fretting over.

edit - found the giveaways, http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...3/ES020036.HTM

Not sure how accurate this is, Leafs only had 2 all game(Brown 0)

Last edited by ACC1224: 01-24-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Mike Brown is one of the best 4th line guys in the league....

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:46 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Mike Brown is one of the best 4th line guys in the league....
He's normally fine for a few shifts, but IMO last night was not one of his better performances.

Poop happens.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
Engelland: ...and that's why I shall not **** with Big Poppa Orr no longer...now if you reporters leave me alone I want to cry with my one eye that works.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Mike Brown had an awful night by NHL standards, but only a slightly below average night by Mike brown standards.
I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. Unless I missed him doing something really stupid every time I looked away, I'd say Brown had an average game in which he wasn't asked to do a whole lot. And that's fine. Brown is one of the faster 4th line type guys in the league IMO. He compensates quite nicely for a guy like Orr on his line.

Giveaway/takeaway stats have always been highly suspect, unless you actually believe there were only 2 giveaways the whole game last night.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Eisenh0rn

Great game - GREAT ******* game!

I was so pleased, so so pleased Bozak scored he was ******* awesome.

Great to see the much maligned (after 2 games - cry) MacA, Grab, Kuli, JvR shine.

Got to be the playoffs this year, even if we do an Florida.

Eisenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Eisenh0rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
The Pitt Commentators are so bad lol
Do you mean the TV broadcast? Because those goes were awesome

Eisenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:25 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Really? You'd trade a guy who is an NHL player for a pick that very very rarely results in an NHL player?

Only on HFBoards

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
TheCLAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Engelland: ...and that's why I shall not **** with Big Poppa Orr no longer...now if you reporters leave me alone I want to cry with my one eye that works.
Engelland totally knocked out Orr.. I don't think he's that upset about a typical shiner.

TheCLAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:

Mike Brown doesnt have speed? I guess Phil Kessel is not a good goal scorer and Phaneuf doesnt have a hard shot either?? Looks like someone hasn't watched the Leafs play or know much about the players?

On a side note; can't help but feel Kulemin put in an extra effort to impress the Pens. Kulemin in my favourite Leaf, but I cant help but think he is destined to play for the Pens, and if not traded, will head there in UFA. Hope i'm wrong.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
On a side note; can't help but feel Kulemin put in an extra effort to impress the Pens. Kulemin in my favourite Leaf, but I cant help but think he is destined to play for the Pens, and if not traded, will head there in UFA. Hope i'm wrong.
What is it with people and these WWE storylines?

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Stallone View Post
What is it with people and these WWE storylines?
What story line is that? Pens would like to improve their top 6, Kulemin has played well with Malkin, when they were young, and recently in the KHL, still have that chemistry. Not only would Kulemin help in scoring, but his physical play and defence would be huge for the Pens. Malkin went on to speak very highly of Kulemin last year, and the two have a relationship. No reach or storyline here at all, just facts.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote